Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? (3105 Views)

Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language. / Igbo Or Ibo? / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by scribble: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2011
Now I am not a culinary expert or a rocket scientist, but I think we all know calabar kitchens are the best in the country.

What do you guys think?
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by OneNaira6: 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
smh. Another tribal trend.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by scribble: 8:54am On Oct 16, 2011
its easy to dismiss it as a tribal trend, when you have nothing of import to contribute. Dude ibo is an ethnic group in Nigeria, and so is Ibibio. Different ethnic groups have different dishes. e.g afand soup, idikaikong, ewedu, amala etc.

Now the aim is to establish which tribe/ethnic group out of the two aforementioned produce better cuisine.

If somebody was to start a thread saying is Italian food better than French food? Would that be a tribal thing?

Use your brain before composing off-topic or off-brand responses.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by udezue(m): 2:17am On Oct 17, 2011
Nothing tribal about the thread. Are some Nigerians just plain mor0nic? I haven't tried many Calabar dishes but Edikaikong beat many Igbo soups in taste except Ofe Nsala.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2011
Calabar soups are one of the best in Nigerian. Even though they're not many but they have quality. Likewise, Igbo dishes. Igbos have the highest number of foods being eaten in Nigeria. I love Ofe nsala, Ofe onugbu and ?
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by scribble: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2011
yes o idikaikong is too die for. Also u must try afang soup and definitely white soup.

I think where the ibo excel is delicacies such as isi ewu (which i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole) and nkwobi (which i relish)

never had ofe nsala, my babe must go learn it and come cook it
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by AndreUweh(m): 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
@THE POSTER, Calabar is a name of a city and capital of C.River state not an ethnic group while Ibo is an ibecilic way of displaying stupidity, it should be Igbo.
Back to the post, there is no clear difference between Efik food and Igbo food. In Efik kitchens, you see Ndigbo managing it likewise in Igbo Kitchens. Efiks do cook ofe Owerri, Ofe nsala, isi ewu, ngwongwo, nkwobi, ugba na okporoko etc. Ndigbo on the other hand do cook edikaikong and other efik dishes.
The clear difference is in Hausa, Yoruba and Eastern Nigerian dishes. Amongst the trio, the Igbo kitchen attracts more traffic than the other two. This is where comparism should come from.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by lakal(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Igbo food is different from Efik/Ibibio food, from what I've noticed.  I really like Efik/Ibibio foods, but I've also had them more often than Igbo dishes.

As for attracting more people between Igbo and Yoruba food?  At pan-Nigerian parties, Yoruba-style foods seem to win.  Even my Igbo friends admit Yoruba parties have the best food.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by scribble: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Andre uweh, the tribalistic champion of all things igbo, welcome to my post. you don't have to insult, you see you think your IQ is so formidable when in fact you are a stone throw away from lifelong idiocy.

Ibibio/efik Food is definitely better than ibo food. Ibo's also eat termites, ants etc, probably due to the misadventure Ojukwu shepherded your ethnic group into.

It would interest you to know that 1 of your Ibo sister cannot do without my love and she is the one that started the pointless arguement.

everyone agrees with me that food from the C River/Akwa Ibom region is indeed better than Ibo cuisine.

You evidently also do although you are trying to group their food under your ndigbo umbrella.

Better luck next time sport.

hows the massob movement by the way?

bladdy ingrate
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by cantell(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
scribble:

@Andre uweh, the tribalistic champion of all things igbo, welcome to my post. you don't have to insult, you see you think your IQ is so formidable when in fact you are a stone throw away from lifelong idiocy.

Ibibio/efik Food is definitely better than ibo food. Ibo's also eat termites, ants etc, probably due to the misadventure Ojukwu shepherded your ethnic group into.

It would interest you to know that 1 of your Ibo sister cannot do without my love and she is the one that started the pointless arguement.

everyone agrees with me that food from the C River/Akwa Ibom region is indeed better than Ibo cuisine.

You evidently also do although you are trying to group their food under your ndigbo umbrella.

bladdy ingrate
Andre is bold enough to use his only username while these dimwits use up to 6 usernames.
A coward is coward. He can post from fort knox and still show his cowardice.
I had wanted to contribute positively towards the topic but on reading this quote, i changed my mind.
It was just the usual ngbatic stuff.
*mimics him* "i'm a yoruba guy and my girlfriend is Ibo".
Thought you had the best women? Why are you all rooting for igbo women?
If you truly have an Igbo woman as a girlfriend, you can never talk bad about Igbos.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by scribble: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
@cantell, I can tell you like to play devils advocate. if he likes let him use his grandfathers code name, I don't care. I am adamantly anti-andre uweh's Ibo supremacy doctrine. all ethnic groups have shining stars and andre is not an Ibo champion yet he portrays himself as one.

He is the same guy that was bashing an Ibo chick for having a yoruba boyfriend on another thread:

Exhibit A

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-782669.0.html

So I was glad grin when he came here with his routine nonsense not knowing that I would like to sock it to him.
I grew up in a multi-cultural society where people are taught to respect people of other ethnicities.
I can see you and homeboy clearly did not.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by AndreUweh(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2011
scribble:

bladdy ingrate
Castrated monkey, if at all you have mixed up in a multi-cultural society, you would have known that Ibo is wrong. Your ability to spell Yoruba correctly and insult Ndigbo by spelling Ibo shows how less informed and idiotic you are. Usually, I do not reply beasts like you with mere 10 posts. Azz-hole.
Re: Is Ibo Food Better Or More In Variety Than Calabar/akwa Ibom Food? by scribble: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Andre in Nigeria popular culture Ibo and Igbo are interchangable. Does how we spell it remove any feather from your red cap?

Get a life. Ibo superman. cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Fix This Black Man's Nose? / Why Won't Yoruba People Sell You "iyo" (salt) At Night? / History Has Been Taken From Us: Benin And Lagos , A Case Study.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.