Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,047 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! (46475 Views)

Men Date Me Out Of P!ty – Amputee Actress, Doris Akonanya / P-square Calls Fela Shrine A "Local Shrine" / Kemi Olunloyo: "One Of P-square Wives Would Leave Her Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by benofafrica1(m): 10:14am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobicove:
Did he register the names under copyright laws?

If he did not then he has no case undecided

God bless you!
We do not take Copyright & Trademarks seriously in Nigeria.
Maybe this will be a wake up.
Cos someone can register a businessname at CAC with these names and use it to open an account.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by SmartPolician: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobicove:

Stop misleading the general public.

Opening a bank account in Nigeria involves certain documents, including BVN and official means of identification (NIN, driver's license, international passport, etc).

Are you saying that those names were used to create those recognised means of identification?

This is clearly an insider job. A staffer of those banks is clearly behind it.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Petdagr8t(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2023
brain54:
If you want to sue the banks then sue…

Not everything is social media noise!
Awon teacher don't teach me nonsense it's not only about suing the banks but also raising alarm for unsuspecting victims to learn. So pack well jare.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by alobright17(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Longinyamapucci:
Hot them hard. But watch out from hate filled children from sadwaste turning this family affair to their orgasmic masturbation as long as Igbo their lord is mentioned.
you're saying exactly what you do best . You tribal bigot.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by theamazonguru(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Coincidentally my colleague complained about this to me yesterday.
He was also a victim.
Oga dey para seriously.
He keep saying, Psquare is a scammer. Lol

When greed push una go pay money into scammer account hoping to earn x5.
Capital una no see, promised returns , una no see , in fact shishi una go see.

Shun selfishness
Kill greed before greed kills you.

Selah.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Myer(m): 10:24am On Sep 01, 2023
Longinyamapucci:
Hot them hard. But watch out from hate filled children from sadwaste turning this family affair to their orgasmic masturbation as long as Igbo their lord is mentioned.

Not every issue is tainted my tribalism.
This is a very good move, it does not matter if the bank is owned by the East,West, North or South, every bank found culpable should be made to pay for this, including all involved.
This should serve as a precedence and deterrent to others.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by OgwuEgo: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2023
My gtbank account is currently frozen for fraud.
Lordofalmajiri:

Opay never do you something... They freezed my account for no reason
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by yewit37486: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2023
Longinyamapucci:

You are above this bro, no be every thread una go turn to hate and tribalism.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by 1Dray(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2023
triple996:
But if you check closely, u will see that it's his brothers that are doing it. His fellow obidients from c.......... L... of b...... grin

Says a ronu tout.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by bepositive11: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobicove:

You don't understand. The issue is people are opening fake accounts under his name. Who else Identifies as Peter Okoye PSquare? How many other Peter's are there in PSquare?
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Cmanforall: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2023
saphiere:
Peter Okoye, popularly known as Mr P, has taken a strong stance against several Nigerian commercial banks, including Access Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank, and Polaris Bank. This comes after it was brought to his attention that an individual had utilized his name to establish accounts with these banks.

Expressing deep concern, Mr P has raised apprehensions regarding the potential misuse of these accounts by the account holder to deceive unsuspecting individuals who might erroneously believe they are associated with the well-known ‘Mr P’. Given the widespread recognition of his brand, Mr P finds it perplexing that esteemed institutions like banks would allow accounts to be created with a name that holds significant global recognition.

One point of contention for Mr P is that opening an account with any bank in Nigeria necessitates the provision of biometric data and a national identification number. He has posed a valid question regarding how the individual in question was able to establish these accounts without complying with these essential prerequisites.

Taking matters into his own hands, Mr P has engaged his legal team to address this issue. He has firmly stated his intention to take the banks involved to court for their role in allowing these accounts to be created under his name.

His statement reads;

In essence, Peter Okoye, a.k.a. Mr P, has expressed his dissatisfaction with the aforementioned banks due to their association with the unauthorized use of his name for opening accounts. He is determined to pursue legal action against these institutions and hold them accountable for their actions.

SOURCE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwklYpeo6sv/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

And nobody called him out when he was duping people with his fake lottery
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Cmanforall: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Sue them Asap.
Peter dupes people too

This may be a way to claim those accounts aren't his...
Then, what if he's the one duping and about to be exposed?

That his fake lottery was when I realised the guy can dupe gullible middle and lower class Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Coldie(m): 10:41am On Sep 01, 2023
Gt bank is a fraudulent bank.

I closed my gt account, but one of my money was refunded to it, instead of the money to bounce since the account was closed they accepted the money and let it slide.

After months of not getting the money and inquiring,I found out that it was in a closed account.

I tried to get it back, I went to the bank they confirmed it, give me my money, problem.

It's getting to 3months for gtbank to send me my $900.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by arantess: 10:41am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobicove:

You must be foolish
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Lanretoye(m): 10:41am On Sep 01, 2023
Obakoolex:

It's you mister that lacks understanding.
It's the name patented?
What if the said account is not savings and opened as a business account? Is that the fault of the bank??
okay sir but ask me to tell you the difference between a patent and a trademark.mr understanding
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Majesty7: 10:47am On Sep 01, 2023
saphiere:
Peter Okoye, popularly known as Mr P, has taken a strong stance against several Nigerian commercial banks, including Access Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank, and Polaris Bank. This comes after it was brought to his attention that an individual had utilized his name to establish accounts with these banks.

Expressing deep concern, Mr P has raised apprehensions regarding the potential misuse of these accounts by the account holder to deceive unsuspecting individuals who might erroneously believe they are associated with the well-known ‘Mr P’. Given the widespread recognition of his brand, Mr P finds it perplexing that esteemed institutions like banks would allow accounts to be created with a name that holds significant global recognition.

One point of contention for Mr P is that opening an account with any bank in Nigeria necessitates the provision of biometric data and a national identification number. He has posed a valid question regarding how the individual in question was able to establish these accounts without complying with these essential prerequisites.

Taking matters into his own hands, Mr P has engaged his legal team to address this issue. He has firmly stated his intention to take the banks involved to court for their role in allowing these accounts to be created under his name.

His statement reads;

In essence, Peter Okoye, a.k.a. Mr P, has expressed his dissatisfaction with the aforementioned banks due to their association with the unauthorized use of his name for opening accounts. He is determined to pursue legal action against these institutions and hold them accountable for their actions.

SOURCE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwklYpeo6sv/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Is he the only person named Peter Okoye? Is Peter Okoye Psquare his name? Anyone can register that name if he hasn't trademark it.

He should have just approached the bank and raise alarm with the authorities so that the owner of such account using it for fraud can be apprehended.

All these shout on social media is rubbish and would have informed the accused. People need to learn
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Obakoolex(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2023
Lanretoye:
okay sir but ask me to tell you the difference between a patent and a trademark.mr understanding
Enlighten me sir
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by iamtardey: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2023
I’ll never forget how gtbank removed the pic on my account and told me I don’t own the account… I wish I could sue
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by o123456789(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2023
anthonyuncle:
it's an inside job
It is not an insider job, just get any of these banking apps and you will see the option to an account without BVN or ID, but with a small transaction limit of 50,000 Naira or less daily. This is called "Local" in Nigeria's scam context.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by mrBlunt(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2023
No bank in Nigeria would be foolish to open a regular bank account without a valid means of ID, a NIN, and a BVN. Nothing stops a determined fraudster from obtaining an ID (passport, driver's licence, National ID, etc) with PETER PSQUARE OKOYE) and opening an account with it. Nobody has monopoly of individual names, so if anybody claims something as his/her name and is able to provide a valid ID to support it, the bank is at liberty to open the account. It is not different from a corporate account name either. So long as a company is able to provide valid registration documents and the bank's search confirms it, the bank is free to open the account with a name similar to an existing well-known company. What Mr. P needs to do is to continue issuing a disclaimer.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by IbadeHQ: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

How did they do the BVN?

Scamdemics in Nigeria.

I'm telling you, I just tried it.

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Kobicove(m): 11:18am On Sep 01, 2023
Nonnyego:
Education is not a scam my brother. You need to ask questions before commenting on topics you know nothing about.

I have stated my opinion, go ahead and state yours!
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by tunjilee003: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2023
Revolution2022:
Some Nigerians with bank accounts don't have BVN.They are carrying out daily transactions steady.
maybe those with opay and palmpay
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Cutehector(m): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2023
Ade3131:

Until he shows up in court, No case.

I can bet my balls that he'll lose the case. He won't even go to court bcuz they'll school him wella on things he doesn't know.

First question is that was said name patented?

Second question is, the bank can show you at least 100 customers with matching names, some even have matching DOB and the only distinctive factor is their BVN and valid ID number. Should those people too sue the bank for having other customers that bear their exact names?

I know he'll be schooled and he's got no case sha. Let's wait and see. The best he can do is report the account as an account opened with fraudulent intent and the bank will look into the activities of the account holder.
chuchuchu be making noise up and down.
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Kobicove(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2023
bepositive11:

You don't understand. The issue is people are opening fake accounts under his name. Who else Identifies as Peter Okoye PSquare? How many other Peter's are there in PSquare?

Can he prove that he is the first person that started identifying as Peter Psquare in Nigeria?

Even if he is the first one does he have proof to show that every individual in Nigeria including all bank workers know him as Peter Psquare?
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2023
OgwuEgo:
Jesus !! This is why I'm scared of using these banks bro.. na bank managers hand work be that
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2023
OgwuEgo:
Hope you don't have much in that account?
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Lanretoye(m): 11:27am On Sep 01, 2023
Obakoolex:

Enlighten me sir
a patent covers registrations for products or inventions or piece but trademark registers a name,slogan,brand or logo.so in the case of Peter okoye psquare,the name has not been trademarked so he doesn't have a sole right to bear or use and answer that name.he is just ignorant by threatening to sue the banks,even a secondary school that did business studies should know this.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by Revolva(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2023
timesuploaded:
Lies. They are the ones defrauding people. The two of them are finished artiste in serious depression due to being broke and frustrated. As gamble no pay they started 419 with their personal banker

the money the two of them make in music , the revenues na eternity how are they finisned abi na u de finished....you think psquare are your mate in entertainment money
Re: Peter Okoye Of P-square Calls Out GTBANK, Access Bank And Polaris Bank. See Why! by OgwuEgo: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2023
Nah 1 useless person write petition against me but it will be sorted out eventually
Lordofalmajiri:

Hope you don't have much in that account?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sophia Momodu Replies Fan Who Asked Her To "Do Something" About Davido & Chioma / Juliet Ibrahim Too Pretty In Makeup Free Photos / Juliet Okonkwo To Her Husbay, E-Money: "You Are All I Desire In A Man"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.