Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP (9948 Views)

Peter Obi Flies Economy To Egypt (Pix, Video) / We Handed A United Nigeria To Buhari, PDP Replies APC / Bashir Magashi Named In $550,000 Fund Diversion, Buhari Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by brownroofpipuar: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Lies kee you there. Ordinary national Secretariat in Abuja, you can't complete

There's nothing wrong for you to keep quiet and do your research than sounding childish...
Ngozi Okonjo Iwela, Sanusi Lamido also said same some years ago
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by ShaqFu: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2023
musicwriter:
Any honest Nigerian by now can testify that the PDP (despite all their shortcomings) was a better party.

The difference is clear.
I seriously doubt it, many of the short comings Nigeria is facing now started during the era of the PDP, and the party did absolutely nothing to prevent it. Beside, i want to ask how did the PDP leave a $550 billion economy when poverty and strife was rife?
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Isobug: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Pdp was better tbh
Better by far

1 Like

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Isobug: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2023
ShaqFu:
I seriously doubt it, many of the short comings Nigeria is facing now started during the era of the PDP, and the party did absolutely nothing to prevent it. Beside, i want to ask how did the PDP leave a $550 billion economy when poverty and strife was rife?
Which shortcomings.....PDP is by far better. Where will you start to compare them?
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by lexy2014: 9:13am On Sep 01, 2023
NOwazobia:
See PDP wey finish Nigeria still dey get mouth to talk because them see person wey Dem better pass. 🤦🏽‍♂️

How did PDP finish nigeria?
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Angelfrost(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2023
Kukutente23:

I don't agree. Propaganda gave birth to APC.
While Jonathan was not really the best at his job, the fact was a lot of lies were spewed out to tarnish his administration which led to the party's ouster.
For example, I remember Lamido Sanusi and this $40bn NNPCL missing funds saga. It was a blatant lie.
Oshiomole also claimed a US official told him over $60bn of Nigeria's money which was later debunked
And so many other lies

Yeah... But there were truths that were difficult to cover, the biggest one being the inability or failure of Jonathan to fully take charge of his administration and underlings.

The corruption and gross misconduct of those under him cemented his tenure's demise.

Jonathan didn't and couldn't prove to an average Nigerian that the nation was safe in his hands.

None of these happened under Obasanjo (who sadly joined in damning Jonathan by that Open letter)... Neither did ministers misbehave under an ailing Yar'adua.

Jonathan messed up a grand opportunity to keep the nation out of the hands of the evil of APC by allowing a corrupt PDP rock his boat... He was just too weak and indecisive.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by orion7: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2023
hisexcellency34:
point the lies let’s see

Stupid zombies with their senseless grunts
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Joshcoli(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2023
When discussing the economy, I focus on the well-being of the average Nigerian. So, when comparing the economic stances of the PDP and APC, the key question is whether your life has improved since then or was it worse then and better now, as that should be the basis for your assessment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2023
PDP is the same as APC in membership but they were lucky to face less hurdles during their era. APC came on board when the oil world was on downward trend and then global recession followed by COVID-19. PDP appears better economically but it was just luck.

The major difference between APC and PDP is that Igbos were included in PDP government whereas APC treats Igbos like enemy. As a result of that mediocres are preferred where capable hands could have helped simply because the better guy is Igbo. PDP ran a national government
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by jessedangermond: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Pdp was better tbh
Gbam! APC can keep lying to themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Abagworo(m): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2023
Angelfrost:

Yeah... But there were truths that were difficult to cover, the biggest one being the inability or failure of Jonathan to fully take charge of his administration and underlings.

The corruption and gross misconduct of those under him cemented his tenure's demise.

Jonathan didn't and couldn't prove to an average Nigerian that the nation was safe in his hands.

None of these happened under Obasanjo (who sadly joined in damning Jonathan by that Open letter)... Neither did ministers misbehave under an ailing Yar'adua.

Jonathan messed up a grand opportunity to keep the nation out of the hands of the evil of APC by allowing a corrupt PDP rock his boat... He was just too weak and indecisive.

Jonathan's only mistake was refusing to hand over PDP ticket to a Northerner when it was generally agreed by all stakeholders for the peace of our nation. Had PDP fielded a Northerner they would have won easily.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Theunderman: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2023
APC is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria, Nigerians are part of the problem, life was a million times better under Jonathan, I pray we don't hit rock bottom in nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Etimemy: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2023
hisexcellency34:

Rice now is 49000, Dollars 920
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by BigDawsNet: 10:04am On Sep 01, 2023
jayAjoku:
You think so because you were still young and naive when they were in power. They are the ones that laid the foundation for corruption and impunity in Nigeria all the nonsense that is happening in this country they started the working for all of it .

Hahaha.. never knew you were the doc that pulled me out of my mama... weldone!

Come and explain how a party maintained $1 to #150 while other party dragged it to $1 to #950

Oya come and explain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by sulaak(m): 10:09am On Sep 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Pdp was better tbh

PDP=APC

The newPDP made of PDP members joined ACN and CPC to form APC
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Frontend: 10:10am On Sep 01, 2023
hisexcellency34:
You fall my hand
Where do you expect PDP to get money to build their secretariat so you expect them to loot public fund Omo Nigerians are irredeemable especially Lagos and Kano people you people have destroyed what is left.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by mabea: 10:11am On Sep 01, 2023
hisexcellency34:
But these are facts, they have their excesses admittedly but they were better than what we have now.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Menclothing: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2023
uniquetechng:
So where did Buhari get the billions he shared to governors as bailout funds two weeks after resuming office ?

Google it was loan and all state paid back the bail out

No free money even the current one under tinubu is loan
Nigeria started using 90 percent of revenue to service loan and pay subsidy since Jonathan regime read his book

I blame no leader the system is decayed
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by musicwriter(m): 10:14am On Sep 01, 2023
ShaqFu:

I never said the PDP was perfect.

But despite their imperfections, the Naira didn't take a nosedive as we have it today. Price of goods remained relatively stable throughout their days. Things were definitely better under the PDP and if you can't see it in the constant changing price of goods and services these days, then you're not living in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Angelfrost(m): 10:24am On Sep 01, 2023
Abagworo:

Jonathan's only mistake was refusing to hand over PDP ticket to a Northerner when it was generally agreed by all stakeholders for the peace of our nation. Had PDP fielded a Northerner they would have won easily.

This is also very true...!
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by mabea: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2023
ShaqFu:
Do you even know what you are saying at all. You maybe an APC member or a sympathizer, the fact remains that APC has not done anything right. They messed up the little that pdp left behind. Yes they left a 550 dollars economy in 2014. In fact that was when Nigeria became the biggest economy in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by DaTruths: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2023
casualobserver:

825 million not billion, sometimes we need to use our common sense and examine what we are hearing and saying and ask does it make sense. How much is the runway they are building that they will spend N825b to relocate people? It is not airport they are building o, ordinary runway, what is a runway, a runway is just a road for airplanes. What is the acreage of a runway and how many people occupy that space that you will give them $1b to relocate? Where will a government struggling for money get $1b to pay residents within 1 week, does it sound like the kind of sum a minister can just find lying around his ministry? Sometimes some sense is required when you see headlines.

That's terrible from the mod, why would they post 825B on frontpage?

That really gave me headache, it's not what i bargained for.

And truth be told, Tinubu has not done anything fantastic yet.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by mabea: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2023
Abagworo:
PDP is the same as APC in membership but they were lucky to face less hurdles during their era. APC came on board when the oil world was on downward trend and then global recession followed by COVID-19. PDP appears better economically but it was just luck.

The major difference between APC and PDP is that Igbos were included in PDP government whereas APC treats Igbos like enemy. As a result of that mediocres are preferred where capable hands could have helped simply because the better guy is Igbo. PDP ran a national government
No thanks to your likes.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by jayAjoku(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Hahaha.. never knew you were the doc that pulled me out of my mama... weldone!

Come and explain how a party maintained $1 to #150 while other party dragged it to $1 to #950

Oya come and explain
🤦🏾‍♂️ For you to ask for an explanation being fully Nigerian it means you don’t even think deep you don’t see how the millions of abandoned projects during the pdp government down to this time has added to the collapse of the economy you didn’t think of the potential all the industries they looted and neglected would have helped the economy if they had actually used the funds for said projects. You didn’t think of obasanjo mismanaging billions of dollars meant to provide power for Nigeria would have helped the economy you didn’t think of how Making sure all our refineries functioned well and at full capacity as well as building more you didn’t think of how all of that would have helped the present day economy. A country with oil exporting said oil to be refined abroad while importing said product and paying a subsidy on it shey it was pdp that was in control all that time . That’s the problem with Nigerians a lot of you lack depth of thought you just like to blab without thinking. You didn’t even know they weren’t maintaining the 1$ tp 150 rate you didn’t know the rates were falling every day you think pdp maintained that rate all through their tenure 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Benekkk: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2023
slowice:

Are you a kid? Pdp for all their corruption was nothing like the apc. They actually improved the economy and hired technocrat in vital positions of government.

Apc uses every position in government as reward for loyalty and you expect growth?
Yes I’m a kid but certainly above my 50s. They laid the foundations with their crookedness!
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by ShaqFu: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2023
musicwriter:

I never said the PDP was perfect.

But despite their imperfections, the Naira didn't take a nosedive as we have it today. Price of goods remained relatively stable throughout their days. Things were definitely better under the PDP and if you can't see it in the constant changing price of goods and services these days, then you're not living in Nigeria.
The Naira taking a nose dive is something that is inevitable. The price of goods and services is always bound to increase, given that our economy is a dependant one and all our leaders lack vision.

I tell you this, no matter who is president or which party is at the helm of affairs, Nigeria would still have turned out worse because the simplest things we are suppose to do, we don't even do it.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by tsdarkside(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2023
gaby:
Na sooo

For Diezani et Al akant....

Oless

Na thunder go fire all of una mouth.

can you believe anything this people say....??
they have forgotin Diezani,dasuki and many others....
they have forgotin chibok girls tragedy....

what about the money of retirees that disappeared....??

the day will come,when nigerians will start askin what they signed back then to get independence from britain....
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by musicwriter(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2023
ShaqFu:
The Naira taking a nose dive is something that is inevitable. The price of goods and services is always bound to increase, given that our economy is a dependant one and all our leaders lack vision.

I tell you this, no matter who is president or which party is at the helm of affairs, Nigeria would still have turned out worse because the simplest things we are suppose to do, we don't even do it.

The fall of the Naira wasn't inevitable, unfortunately there's no way to rewind history and put the PDP in power for the past eight years to find out. But the PDP had a better economic team, in fact, if Tinubu has been president instead of Buhari, things may have been better. But again, there's no way to rewind history to find out.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by tsdarkside(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2023
musicwriter:

The fall of the Naira wasn't inevitable, unfortunately there's no way to rewind history and put the PDP in power for the past eight years to find out. But the PDP had a better economic team, in fact, if Tinubu has been president instead of Buhari, things may have been better. But again, there's no way to rewind history to find out.

you no wan produce and you want the naira to grow....??
how....??

you realy think,you can grow an economy only on imports....??
the more scarcer dollars become in nigeria,the more the price will rise....
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by slowice(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2023
Benekkk:
Yes I’m a kid but certainly above my 50s. They laid the foundations with their crookedness!

But still we reject upright people and profile them based on religion and tribe. We too are crooked.
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by BigDawsNet: 11:04am On Sep 01, 2023
jayAjoku:
🤦🏾‍♂️ For you to ask for an explanation being fully Nigerian it means you don’t even think deep you don’t see how the millions of abandoned projects during the pdp government down to this time has added to the collapse of the economy you didn’t think of the potential all the industries they looted and neglected would have helped the economy if they had actually used the funds for said projects. You didn’t think of obasanjo mismanaging billions of dollars meant to provide power for Nigeria would have helped the economy you didn’t think of how Making sure all our refineries functioned well and at full capacity as well as building more you didn’t think of how all of that would have helped the present day economy. That’s the problem with Nigerians a lot of you lack depth of thought you just like to blab without thinking. You didn’t even know they weren’t maintaining the 1$ tp 150 rate you didn’t know the rates were falling every day you think pdp maintained that rate all through their tenure 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Many projects were abandoned, many funds were stolen, in 8 years Jonathan PDP regime... dollar was 150 from the start... and ended in 197.8763 NGN after pdp finally year....

With all dis corruptions.. how was pdp able to maintain the exchange rates and cost of living?
Re: We Handed Over $550 Billion Economy To APC – PDP by Kukutente23: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2023
Angelfrost:

There were truths of course. But it was exaggerated by the APC propaganda machine.
If we're talking of gross misconduct of subordinates, buhari fared worse but no one held him to account for that.
Security barely improved under Buhari as well.
The truth is PDP as a party were shell-shocked by the viciousness of APC that they've not been able to match it till today. Do you know APC criticized the deployment of soldiers to NE?
I mean just imagine someone doing that under APC and see how he will immediately be labeled enemy of state.
I don't blame Jonathan as much as I blame the bad and brutal politics played by APC. Funny they are the ones complaining of cyberbullying today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrible! This News From Peru Is Still Disturbing! Who Hasn't Heard About This? / Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.