Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency (37185 Views)

Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise / Military seizes power in Gabon / Gabon President Ali Bongo Who Suffered Stroke Asks Supporters To Vote Him Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by 7arrows: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2023
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZys1Wh84o8

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency (Throwback Video)

Na thunder go fire 🔥 🔥 🔥 your mouth there. Abi na because them never slap you there.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by azpekuliar: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2023
This your daft reason sef. Yet in 56 years between you and your father, Gabon has not turned into Dubai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Newsstories1: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2023
Bitter Pill Must be Administered to Build Better Future for Nigeria - Tinubu

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52xXialv18

President Bola Tinubu says the “bitter pill” must be administered to an ailing nation and economy to build a better future for the country.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by nafisu: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2023
Interesting perspective but short sighted and selfish. Term limit should be applicable to all arms of government,if fairness was the aim
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Pakman: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2023
As long as willing western puppets rule most African countries, the African race will never have self determination and remain in darkness.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Guyman01: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2023
Ali Bong despite being an Igbo man will not get Igbos support for perpetrating himself in power. Although he helped many Igbos to migrate to Gabon back in the day
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by ransomed: 11:26am On Sep 01, 2023
The formula and military you used to rig yourself into office will be applied to throw you out of office. Good riddance to bad rubbish..
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by worksmart(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2023
I do not think term limits are important. I think more important is free , fair and credible elections. If a president is doing fantastically well, I do not see the benefit of forcing him to leave office, just because his time is up.
If elections are fair and credible then the president would be voted out when the people want him to go.

Personally I think I like China's system, where is essentially a one party system and people vote for individuals rather than parties.

Our system of democracy is imposed on us by colonialist invaders.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Charly68: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2023
Now that the unlimited has become limited what will happen in Garbon..? The people are hostile anyway .. it is no go area for me even if they Barack Obama to come and turn the place around .. let them continue to face their problem as Asiwaju is giving us music on no more subsidy here ..
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Baatunde(m): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2023
Stop lying, You lots are hypocrites, if Obi had been elected and is 'messing' up after only three months you will make excuse for him and tell us how bad Nigeria was before he took over blah blah blah! and how we need to give him time to perform and you definitely would not be asking for military to take over

franchasofficia:
Mumu man, listen and listen very well.

I am a proud Igbo son, an illustrious Igbo son, and even though you are indirectly an Igbo man like me, I will never support evil, you be mumu man.

If Peter Obi was declared winner and worn in and he dare messes up like Tinubu is doing today, God in heaven knows that even though he is an Igbo man I fully supported, I personally will lead every form of attack on his government until he either resigns, change for good or complete his tenure in shame angry
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Quebec91(m): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
taylor89:
Africa and power drunkenness

Wetin dey pain me be say this Ali Bongo is more healthier than Tinubu

Today a thread on Nairaland says naira is the most worthless currency in Africa within the last three months which is the exact three months this bedwetting Irigbaji cocaine Chicago transgender stole power

All of a sudden I no come dey hear his tenure will favor me and my family

Same bastards that voted Tinubu were caught yesterday on stowaway trying to run from Yoruba land to Europe in a deadly vessel mission

We will show Igbo a lesson na wetin put us for this mess

Igbo wey you wan show lesson dey ball regardless of what’s going on in the country

Me nothing concern me because this economy dey even favor me at least I get my payments in bitcoin

If you like call me yahoo boy na you know

Tinubu will rule till 2089

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Goke7: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2023
Baatunde:
Stop lying, You lots are hypocrites, if Obi had been elected and is 'messing' up after only three months you will make excuse for him and tell us how bad Nigeria was before he took over blah blah blah! and how we need to give him time to perform and you definitely would not be asking for military to take over

exactly, hypocrites they are.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by FreeStuffsNG: 11:36am On Sep 01, 2023
NwekeUG:

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency (Throwback Video)

Please what limit(s) is Vladimir Putin is now?
Even President Biden ran several limits from the 70s to the 2000s in the US Senate yet nobody bit an eyelid because he is the choice of his people.

The people of each country must decide in a free independent and fair process what they want. Democracy can be very expensive and if a country finds a way to achieve justice, cohesion and development by the referendum of its people on the kind of system they prefer and work for them, so be it for as long as it's not a military coup.

2 Likes

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Originalsly: 11:37am On Sep 01, 2023
Bongo answered the question very well. Is term limit a must in a democracy? If yes... is it for the office of President only? ... or for all elected representatives of the people? If for President only ... why the exception?... why pick and choose? If for all ... why doesn't term limi ts apply to Senators? We need to take a deep breath in and think before we be shouting democracy upandan.

1 Like

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Baatunde(m): 11:40am On Sep 01, 2023
I agree with you about term limits, who cares how long you have bee there as long as you are delivering. This was the case in Libya until the western world started whispering into the ears of the Libyans that Ghadafi has stayed too long and should be removed, Now they have got rid of him what is the state of Libya? Although no one system is PERFECT, but in the core Arab world, hereditary monarchy appears to be working for them

The same western world that are shouting democracy on the top of their voices are the ones propping up the likes of Bongo and Biya despite being obvious that those guys were forcing themselves on the people

worksmart:
I do not think term limits are important. I think more important is free , fair and credible elections. If a president is doing fantastically well, I do not see the benefit of forcing him to leave office, just because his time is up.
If elections are fair and credible then the president would be voted out when the people want him to go.

Personally I think I like China's system, where is essentially a one party system and people vote for individuals rather than parties.

Our system of democracy is imposed on us by colonialist invaders.

1 Like

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by dappydozzy(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2023
taylor89:

Today a thread on Nairaland says naira is the most worthless currency in Africa within the last three months which is the exact three months this bedwetting Irigbaji cocaine Chicago transgender stole power

Same bastards that voted Tinubu were caught yesterday on stowaway trying to run from Yoruba land to Europe in a deadly vessel mission

Igbo wey you wan show lesson dey ball regardless of what’s going on in the country

Me nothing concern me because this economy dey even favor me at least I get my payments in bitcoin

How his Ali Bongo healthier than Tinubu, ooh i forgot you are his personal physician, Ali Bongo that limp walks and has suffered stroke severally.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by benardtotti(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2023
NwekeUG:

While I agree with his analogy , my question is what did his family achieve in over 30 years of being in charge ? It took Lee kuan yew 30 years to totally transform Singapore, but we don't see any such transformation within Africa, save for Rwanda and probably Seychelles and Mauritius.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by delpee(f): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2023
The person who has taken over is said to be his cousin. The Gabonese may still be in bondage unfortunately.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Rexnegro(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2023
wittywriter:
Bull crap.

Wittyness
Better bull crap bruh
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Blackman101: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2023
which project are doing that two teams is not enough to finish, Mr. know it all
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by bandOFhorses: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
You and your father are even better than 90% of Nigeria's presidents who have pillaged this country into abject poverty and never-before-seen inflation. Your country's per capita GDP is $10,000 (the fourth highest in Africa) while Nigeria's is mere $2,000. It's not Gabon you're referring to. I do not support the familiocracy they're practicing, but they're not in poverty. Their poverty rate is 30% while Nigeria is at least 70%.

Gabon ranks high in the human development index(hdi) 0.7... I think. which is high
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
You and your father are even better than 90% of Nigeria's presidents who have pillaged this country into abject poverty and never-before-seen inflation. Your country's per capita GDP is $10,000 (the fourth highest in Africa) while Nigeria's is mere $2,000. It's not Gabon you're referring to. I do not support the familiocracy they're practicing, but they're not in poverty. Their poverty rate is 30% while Nigeria is at least 70%.
have u lived in Gabon or u are just quoting stats..
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by BALLOSKI: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2023
He has a point though...

We don't have strong institutions in Africa, we have strong men and the strong men feel It's them in office that can help implementation of their programmes.

The moment someone takes over from you, they reverse all your policy.

Too bad for our continent.

1 Like

Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2023
Na me go make some noise for this ijiot. Na ur papa get the country. See his face like bongo.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by jrusky(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2023
franchasofficia:
Mumu man, listen and listen very well.

I am a proud Igbo son, an illustrious Igbo son, and even though you are indirectly an Igbo man like me, I will never support evil, you be mumu man.

If Peter Obi was declared winner and worn in and he dare messes up like Tinubu is doing today, God in heaven knows that even though he is an Igbo man I fully supported, I personally will lead every form of attack on his government until he either resigns, change for good or complete his tenure in shame angry

Nnwane na you and who dey fight or dey drag matter?

No need waiting to insult obi on his day dream online presidency fantasy, first proof your statement by standing up again Ekpa, ugm and sit-at-home or is that not important than presidency shit?

Biko where were you when obi was the governor of Anambra and left the state in slum state?

Nwokem abusing or attacking any politician mean nothing to them because what they are secretly into dictate their life so if you like shout till tomorrow politician will only do what he feel important to do and you can't do nada about it because the driver is on the back seat.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Papayaayasager(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2023
We should make noise whilst you run for third time in office abi?

Is it not the same presidential election the US is conducting but still they implement meaningful policies within the time frame of their tenure, it's all about mindset.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Baatunde(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2023
Bros you should by now be able to spot a perpetual wailer instantly, these are the people who call themselves Obi...something. The bitterness still they their belle we can only continue to pray it does not kill them from inside. You can see the tone of his message "the bastards that voted Tinubu..." na exactly wetin dey pain am be that. Why insult and call people names because they didnt vote your "messiah". Is it no longer a free world ni? Guess what , if Evans the kidnapper were to be released today and he entered politics, him go get votes....na so he dey happen

dappydozzy:

How his Ali Bongo healthier than Tinubu, ooh i forgot you are his personal physician, Ali Bongo that limp walks and has suffered stroke severally.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Landmine1: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2023
To correct some stuffs this clown mentioned here, the us Congress has term limit, if you are voted in again afterwards, simply means your people are okay with your perceived role of leadership, or you’ve rigged.
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Thief
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Calitoscassius(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2023
Just listen to this thief. Why is he still alive?
Re: President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency by Britishpea: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
taylor89:

Igbo dey ball but Yoruba and Hausa no dey ball. This mentality of you Dullards will send you to your early graves.

Currently, right now, Na Igbo dey wash my car wey I dey tel am to wash car wey I dey tell am to unpack all the unwashed garments in my trunk and clean it up.

There are always sections of each regions that are doing fine while fractional sections are not doing well. It cuts across to all regions. Not limited to a tribe.

Igbos are in the markets in a tiny village in osun selling chargers and usbs in a wheel barrow, while there are Yoruba ppl or Hausa in oron selling bolee and tiger nuts respectively.
Or u wan tell me say these aforementioned categories of people dey ball?

If a president fails it cuts accross all. Stop being stupid and display your little education for once, this child

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Israel Vows 'Stronger Response' After Shooting Down Iranian Drones And Missiles / Bush Condemns Putin's Invasion Of 'Iraq' Instead Of Ukraine / Britain To Send Ukraine Starstreak Missiles – The World’s Fastest Projectiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.