Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price (34362 Views)

Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? / BUA Vows To Maintain N3500 Cement Price From January / BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by Khyrvxjzy: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nazgul:

When Gen Marwa was the military governor of Lagos, he passed a rule that house rent mustn't exceed a certain figure. Whether it's a duplex, 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom flat, face-me-I-face-you, bungalow...etc, they all had a certain figure they were not expected to exceed.

This helped curb the excesses of corrupt landlords who were ready to increase their rent every month at the expense of their struggling tenants.

When democracy came in 1999, things changed, it became a game of looting.

The government would steal from business owners, the business owners in return would steal from the people. Buhari's administration imposed so many useless taxes on business owners that they were on the verge of suffocation. That's why prices of goods were always on the increase during his tenure.

If you're a business owner who imports his products, you'll understand how corrupt the government is. From clearing your containers at the Port, to settling agberos and police, and you must still settle those agberos at your shop or warehouse before they would even allow you offload your goods, then when you decide to sell, the government would bring out one useless receipt you must pay for before being permitted to operate. When you make enquiry about the price of the receipt, they'll tell you 300k for one year..

If we're to address building products that are gotten here in Nigeria,

Let's look at Gravel. I know a particular state in Nigeria where there's a quarry where they blast caves to get gravels, if you're running a company and buy directly from them, you'll pay lots and lots of money to the youths cos it's their community...if you don't pay them, they won't grant you passage.

Then the state government slams you with heavy taxes for operating in the state. So when these companies go here to buy in bulk, and pass through all those extortion, how much do you think they'll sell a trip of gravel to you who wants to build? It's definitely going to be expensive.

Same for sand. Even here in Lagos, anywhere you go to get sand in bulk, you must settle locals huge sums of money before they grant passage to your trucks.

Most iron rods are imported so transportation and dollar factor would definitely affect their prices.

So when you look at all these, you'll agree with me that the government plays a huge role in the ever increasing prices of these commodities.

Cos you as a dealer wouldn't want to run at a loss, this means that whatever amount you spend would determine the price you'll place your products at...

The SON you mentioned that should tell people how much to sell their products is controlled by the government. Whoever is appointed as their head, owes loyalty to the administration that appointed him, and must bring in monthly cut. So in order to maintain his status of favour with the government, and his position as well, he would compromise by accepting bribes.

you are right government is not trying

you talk about youth collecting money, that is not government

lot of product i can mention that it economy is not proportional to it price
i mean eg in 2010 economy is 100 and a product is sold for 200naira in 2010
now in 2023 economy is 50(which have become half), on a norm product sold for 200 should double to 400 because economy reduce to half..... but no that product which suppose to be 400 naira is 1200 naira

just like a singer said "everybody is a thief" i dont believe the singer before but now i believe
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by PecE2Make: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
The question that minister of works Dave U. asked why is a bag of Danone cement sold for #1500 in other countries and #5500 in Nigeria has not been answered

1 Like

Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by topyhanky(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
millionboi2:
without location, you go receive calls tire.

Nah Ogun-state abeokuta precisely.
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by Lincton: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
I think this man is more reasonable than others
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by ufuosman(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
Cement need to be 2k

1 Like

Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by medolab90(m): 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
HardBishop:

Is better NIGERIA joins the BRICS.

And how would that solve the issues on ground?

1 Like

Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by fortune1968: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
If imported cement is cheaper than cement in Nigeria despite having limestone deposit then it is better we import.

The essence of local production is reduces price and affordability.

In all these years they haven't achieved that.

Funny thing is this limestone has no tie with dollar but they always find a way to deceive gullible people that it is dollar.

Dont forget we import with dollars ooo. And imported cement is cheaper.

Don't tell me is demand and supply because cement has never been scarce.

It is always available. It defies all laws of demand and supply.

Dangote na azaman to yahoo politicians

Let's analyze it

Limestone which is 80 percent of the cement production is in Nigeria.
You bag it and sell.
If the government give you limestone drilling site and you pay workers in naira and very cheaply.

Why is cement 5k?,

It is a natural resource on our land.

Again in Jonathan administration, all dangote debt were written off by sanusi lamido. Billions of naira.

Which means he had an edge.

Still cement did not become cheaper.

Please make it make sense.

before dangote came into cement industry it was cheaper and competitive

Omoh
the thing tire me o . What's the rubbish talks about dollars ? Same way we have crude oil ,we are buying expensive fuel and all the talks is still dollars !

1 Like

Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by xtivin(m): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
wittywriter:
Bring the news to the media when the price reduction is already effected.

Wittyness
Scammer
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by Tundex911: 12:53am On Sep 02, 2023
I like this man called BUA pass Dangote
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by hansomb: 2:40am On Sep 02, 2023
May this effort to reduce cement price favor me and my family. Am buying cement today, let it starts from there. Will update on the price.
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by MasterTee007: 2:57am On Sep 02, 2023
Its Demand and Supply...yes Price increase has not affected the Demand for Cement no doubt...but when you see the kind of profits they are making...this is so so so sad because they are taking advantage of increased demand due to Govt projects and selling at high prices...yes, stakeholders and shareholders are happy...but this is not good for the country long term spending so much for projects and for the common man trying to build homes. I know BUA can do better...Dangote too....lets be more patriotic. Engineer Umahi is HERE and I know they dont want importation of cement LOL...it will crash their prices.

nlfpmod:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sunnewsonline.com/were-in-talks-with-fg-to-crash-cement-price-bua-chairman/%3famp
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by MasterTee007: 3:01am On Sep 02, 2023
They could have just build a Truck assembling plant in Nigeria or Manufacture them...why import 1000 trucks? Maintenance nko...you will keep importing the parts...they didnt factor all those and spent more forex on this importation.

nlfpmod:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sunnewsonline.com/were-in-talks-with-fg-to-crash-cement-price-bua-chairman/%3famp
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by balher(m): 5:38am On Sep 02, 2023
BUA and Dangote are wicked if a bag of 50kg sold at N3400 (380 INDIAN RUPEES) currently at India. Nigeria products should not exceed N2000/50kg. PLs tag this to Twitter makes in trends. FG to allow inport of cement if he really wants to crash cement price in nigeria

Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by Sk5050: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2023
sofiscatedmoron:
grin, make dem kuku kill us finish for this country
Too bad
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by tivta(m): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2023
Nazgul:

I said over 2m which can be 5m, 10m even 20m. They're all over 2m.
Wow
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by Goodluckzzz: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
Allow people to import let's see something.
Re: BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price by PopQueenAgency: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Dangote's face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Blocks Mobile Payment, Telecoms Network Access To Online Loan Firms / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / How Do You Make Your Own Money Online? Internet Marketers Lets Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.