Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? (27302 Views)

Memes Every Pregnant Woman Can Relate With / Hilarious Memes Medical Professionals Can Relate To (Photos) / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
1. Car sickness... If I'm traveling long distances, especially in the morning, I get sick... I start sweating, having short breath, getting nauseous and eventually throwing up... Same thing happens when I perceive the smell of cigarettes/weed.

Last time I threw up due to traveling long distances was this past Saturday, I had no choice because some things just had to be done in the morning, especially on weekends... As I was driving, I felt my condition getting worse but I had to keep driving because already I was running late... It was only when I felt that I couldn't keep up anymore that I parked on the roadside and threw up... I stayed outside the car for a while for some fresh air.

When I reached my destination, I started feeling better and the nausea started to suppress, only for this old man who smelled a cigarette/weed to come my way, I tolerated the smell hoping that he'll leave, but he just kept talking non-stop... The smell triggered the nausea again and before I knew it, I threw up for the second time... But fortunately, I had a sickness bag inside my hand bag because I always prepare myself for such situations whenever I'm traveling long distances.

It's like it runs within the family because I'm told that my maternal grandmother used to have the same condition, my aunt and sister are also experiencing the same thing... We have car sickness.

2. Nosebleeding... Like car sickness, this is something I've struggled with since I was a child... I could be playing, eating, sleeping, or just sitting back and doing nothing and my nose would just start bleeding... It used to be more frequent when I was a child, but as I got older it decreased to a point that I can now go a very long time without nose bleeding... But now some of my sisters' kids are experiencing the same problem.

Just last night I was talking to my 8 years old nephew over a video call when I noticed something coming out of his nose and it was blood... The boy wasn't even sick.

I've never met anyone outside of my family who can relate to having these two conditions... So I'm just curious to know if there's anyone who can relate in here.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by pocohantas(f): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
The first one is quite common. At least to me. It is worse if I have to deal with AC mixed with fuel smell or those terrible air freshners. Many times I have pleaded with Uber drivers to put off the AC and take the glasses down lest I vomit my intestines. Strangely it doesn't happen when I am driving. Only when I am a passenger. There is a drug that was recommended for me, but I can't remember the name now.

What works for me is not to take any meal before a road trip. I don't eat in transit too. I will take water only.

I dread long road trips.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by stacyadams: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
Samantha124:
1. Car sickness... If I'm traveling long distances, especially in the morning, I get sick... I start sweating, having short breath, getting nauseous and eventually throwing up... Same thing happens when I perceive the smell of cigarettes/weed.

Last time I threw up due to traveling long distances was this past Saturday, I had no choice because some things just had to be done in the morning, especially on weekends... As I was driving, I felt my condition getting worse but I had to keep driving because already I was running late... It was only when I felt that I couldn't keep up anymore that I parked on the roadside and threw up... I stayed outside the car for a while for some fresh air.

When I reached my destination, I started feeling better and the nausea started to suppress, only for this old man who smelled a cigarette/weed to come my way, I tolerated the smell hoping that he'll leave, but he just kept talking non-stop... The smell triggered the nausea again and before I knew it, I threw up for the second time... But fortunately, I had a sickness bag inside my hand bag because I always prepare myself for such situations whenever I'm traveling long distances.

It's like it runs within the family because I'm told that my maternal grandmother used to have the same condition, my aunt and sister are also experiencing the same thing... We have car sickness.

2. Nosebleeding... Like car sickness, this is something I've struggled with since I was a child... I could be playing, eating, sleeping, or just sitting back and doing nothing and my nose would just start bleeding... It used to be more frequent when I was a child, but as I got older it decreased to a point that I can now go a very long time without nose bleeding... But now some of my sisters' kids are experiencing the same problem.

Just last night I was talking to my 8 years old nephew over a video call when I noticed something coming out of his nose and it was blood... The boy wasn't even sick.

I've never met anyone outside of my family who can relate to having these two conditions... So I'm just curious to know if there's anyone who can relate in here.

Lol I had one client like that .....once him enter car ,I on ac,,few minutes after we go off am,him go comot shirt ,,begin sweat and throwing up and sick like say him wan faint join grin.no be once or twice grin

25 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by fyzaila: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
I am a customer to the first, motion sickness 😷 gosh. When i was much younger, i dreaded travelling especially long distance ones. My nausea starts right from the moment i leave my house on my way to the park. I dare not eat 2hrs before departure else i vomit on transit or i keep spitting. The polluted smoke carbon monoxide from vehicles adds to the situation. I try to hold my breath till the atmosphere is clear of the smoke. As i am older now it's better, but i still don't eat real meal before or during the trip just light snacks.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by EwuuGambia: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
pocohantas:
The first one is quite common. At least to me. It is worse if I have to deal with AC mixed with fuel smell or those terrible air freshners. Many times I have pleaded with Uber drivers to put off the AC and take the glasses down lest I vomit my intenstines. Strangely it doesn't happen when I am driving. Only when I am a passenger. There is a drug that was recommended for me, but I can't remember the name now.

What works for me is not to take any meal before a road trip. I don't eat in transit too. I will take water only.

I dread long road trips.

Motion sickness.
It happens when the body, the inner ear, and the eyes send conflicting signals to the brain which means they are not balanced.

Come let me rearrange your guts with a long pole.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2023
I also don't take anything when I'm traveling long distances, water included because I hate using public toilets.

Imagine taking medication for car sickness, the same car that you're supposed to enjoy... This life can be unfair sometimes.
pocohantas:
The first one is quite common. At least to me. It is worse if I have to deal with AC mixed with fuel smell or those terrible air freshners. Many times I have pleaded with Uber drivers to put off the AC and take the glasses down lest I vomit my intenstines. Strangely it doesn't happen when I am driving. Only when I am a passenger. There is a drug that was recommended for me, but I can't remember the name now.

I dread long road trips.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2023
I can very much relate.. grin grin grin
stacyadams:

Lol I had one client like that .....once him enter car ,I on ac,,few minutes after we go off am,him go comot shirt ,,begin sweat and throwing up and sick like say him wan faint join grin.no be once or twice grin
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
Let me guess, your other nairaland account got banned... grin grin grin
EwuuGambia:

Motion sickness.
It happens when the body, the inner ear, and the eyes send conflicting signals to the brain which means they are not balanced.

Come let me rearrange your guts with a long pole.

14 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by stacyadams: 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
Samantha124:
I can very much relate.. grin grin grin
the. First time I be think say na whinnying...but subsequently I come see say na serious problem for the guy angry grin

11 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by EwuuGambia: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
Samantha124:
Let me guess, your other nairaland account got banned... grin grin grin

Can you ride a pole well?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2023
Careful what you say because you might just get banned again... grin grin grin
EwuuGambia:

Can you ride a pole well?

14 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by EwuuGambia: 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2023
Samantha124:
Careful what you say because you might just get banned again... grin grin grin

Answer Yes or No please.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nazgul: 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2023
I used to experience number 1 during my schooling days.

Whenever I'm traveling back to school (in the SE) from Lagos, if I enter a bus and sit at the last role (at the back) and the bus begins to bounce on potholes, I'll start becoming very dizzy and uncomfortable. And sometimes I might even through up.

When I discovered this, I started sitting at the front seat with the driver and I stopped experiencing it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by NnamdiN: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nose bleeding. During harmatan
Was more frequent when I was younger

13 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Chunedujohnson6: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
Hi there
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by PheelzAlmighty: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
Add naija sickness to it

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by 22o62021: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
I'm a customer to number one

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by phemmyfour: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Samantha124:

I have good system but I have seen so many with car sickness vomiting when moving on sloping roads, perceiving fuel or heated brake pads

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Benwallt(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
My only problem is seat belt. I always feel the urge to vomit whenever I am wearing seat belt and if I don't unhooked it I will vomit
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by KillahPriest: 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2023
I never read in a moving vehicle ever since I was a kid because of severe nausea

7 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by phr0nesis(m): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2023
pocohantas:

I dread long road trips.
Same here, but for me it gets worse when we are stuck in traffic. That jerking (move and stop) movement makes me want to puke.
What's most unfortunate for me is that this only happens when I'm in a car or any cosy vehicle. It never happens when I'm inside a worn out bus or keke

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by ksmart027(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2023
pocohantas:

I dread long road trips.
The drug is avomine.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by spencekat(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2023
No,I can't relate .It is only sea sickness that I can.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by cutiedave(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
i can relate to the car sickness....
but mine is a bit different.

i would be fine in a moving vehicle, but the moment i open any book to read, press my phone or just do any thing that requires any concentration at all, i immediately develop an instant headache (very severe headache o).

i really envy pple that can press their phones/read on transit....

19 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
I'll need to check it out.
ksmart027:

The drug is avomine.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Ppn247: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
Not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boy With Cancer Reaches Out To Kaduna State Government For Help. Graphic Photos / What's The First Thing You Will Do After The COVID-19 Pandemic? / 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.