Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola (26986 Views)

FG Recalls all career & non-career Ambassadors, expect them in Abuja on Oct 31 / Nigeria Recalls Ambassador To South Africa, Pulls Out Of World Economic Summit / Anger As FG Recalls N14.9bn Paris Club Refund From Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by References1: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2023
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has officially recalled Sarafa Tunji Ishola from his office as Nigeria’s ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the United Kingdom, a significant change in Nigeria’s diplomatic front under President Bola Tinubu.

The recall, communicated through a letter dated August 31, marks the end of Mr Ishola’s tenure as the country’s highest diplomatic representative to the UK.

“I have the honour to notify you of Mr President’s decision to recall you, signalling the end of your tenure as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the United Kingdom.

“By this communication, you are now expected to commence the process of winding down your affairs, and take formal leave of your host government within sixty days and to return to Nigeria by 31 October 2023 at the latest,”
the letter read.

The letter also conveyed Mr Tinubu’s appreciation for Mr Ishola’s service and exemplary leadership in the course of his tenure and extended warm wishes for his future endeavours.

“I seize this opportunity to express Mr President’s appreciation for the service you have rendered in your capacity as Nigeria’s Ambassador and Principal Representative in the United Kingdom.

“While looking forward to welcoming you in Abuja on your return, please allow me to join Mr President in thanking Your Excellency for your exemplary leadership and service to Nigeria. I wish you God’s continued guidance in your future endeavours,” the letter added.

The appointment of Mr Ishola, a former federal minister for mines and steel development was confirmed in January 2021 when he took over from retired Supreme Court Justice George Oguntade.

https://gazettengr.com/federal-government-recalls-ambassador-to-uk/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by gaby(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
Food For Kayode go get work soon with enough cooler of rice.

Dem don vacate one position for am by force.

Poor Sharafa
grin

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Young03(m): 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
Them no get work

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2023
Will it reduce the price of UK visa?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by STEWpid(f): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chai..

May be he was just using his ambassadorial position to claim big boy and to be snapping pictures in the UK.

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by jubrilELsudan: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
THUBV NO DEY PLAY OOOO

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Ozommadu: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
Abeg

Who will this recall favor with his family grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by ecolime(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
FFK right now grin

Hunger wan finish my guy

Baba go start tweeting sweet messages on Twitter from tonight

43 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Cotonou12: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
Why did Xavi loan ansu fati to England ?? That’s my anger

5 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Beremx(f): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2023
FFK for UK ambassador grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2023
UK and USA two axis of evil

Never try to destroy someone's life with lies, when yours can be destroyed by the truth.

You say putin is bad

Name one USA evil NATO president that did not not bomb others in their nation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Vulcanheph(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
There's something going on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Thebest12(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Aurems: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Alchemy528: 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
😒😒😒
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by bro4u: 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Pls anyone here ready to tutor me on any legit online money making platform/program? No matter how long it takes to master cry I'm a quick learner... I'm resisting the urge to delve into fraud. Nigeria is tough cry cry

3 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Newyorkitis(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Whenever you check political appointees, they are always recycled.
Just an indirect way to make the poor masses know that only the wealthy are capable of governance.
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Godswillu(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
Well let's wait and see who will replace him.
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by rajiedreez: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
smiley This move surely have a back story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Trustme2(m): 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
Kilon sele gan gan. There must be a back end story behind this. Why single him out for a recall excluding other nigerian ambassadors all over the world? We await the gist sha. Meanwhile, your excellency, your time is up. Welcome back home

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Omoawoke2(m): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
When will Africa face colonial masters and take back our freedom
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Dialpad: 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2023
Beginning of a new era
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Chibuzoripob: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
sad

2 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by Mindlog: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
Beremx:
FFK for UK ambassador grin grin

Same UK, FFK was dragging her Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria like a tout?

APC dare not!

2 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by maramara: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
May this administration favour me and my family. May be he did not protect him well in UK during the campaign period

1 Like

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by seanwilliam(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nice
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by humberjade: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Former Ogun State Governor, Amosun's nominee.

2 Likes

Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by MrsTwrite(f): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Niceeeeeee.
Re: FG Recalls Ambassador To The UK, Sarafa Tunji Ishola by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2023
He did support Emilokan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$9.6million: Andrew Yakubu Arraigned In Court (Pics) / EFCC: Falana Refutes Receiving N28m From Magu, Threatens Lawsuit / Kanunta, Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Blames Simon Ekpa For Killing Of FRSC Officials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.