Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

$800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike (31547 Views)

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians / CBN Governor, Emefiele Risks Prison Over $53m Garnishee Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by TheOgaBoss: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2023
Arutan:

Damn!!! Am sure you don’t live in Abuja. Abuja is a complete civil service economy. No meaningful industry, no bustling commercial activities compared to Lagos. Infact everything we need most times 90% are obtained from Lagos. Abuja has no social life as intense as Lagos. Simply put Abuja is nothing compared to Lagos. Most elites here travel to Lagos weekends and holidays to refresh and unwind. Lagos far outclass Abuja. I own multiple properties in Abuja and Lagos but Lagos fetches better income than Abuja’s. Most of my buildings here are empty except i decide to sell. Even sales takes time but valuable in the long run. A common who is a tenant in Abuja will find it very difficult to survive while Lagos accommodates everyone class of people. It’s either you are a politician or a high ranking corrupt civil servant in Abuja to make a headway. Only few businessmen and women from outside Abuja thrives along with the corrupt lots.
like I said in an earlier post, u people equate overpopulation to development, Lagos is densely populated. all these thing you just mentioned are the result of a dense population, they are not development.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by TheOgaBoss: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2023
Arutan:

Most houses here in Abuja combines the public supply with their private boreholes to be able to enjoy uninterrupted water supply. Lagos is a state while Abuja is the FCT. Secondly the population of Lagos completely dwarfs that of Abuja. Lagos has lesser landmass compared to Abuja. So give it to Lagos anytime. This is well known in elitist circles here. Lagos is the country lifeline then Portharcourt, Kano, Abuja then the rest
what is your definition of a lifeline? what percentage of the nations budget comes from Lagos? the Niger delta is the country's lifeline not Lagos.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by AmazingELixir: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2023
Skyview01:

The guy na educated tout and nothing more. Hope he will not carry cutlass to FCT

We know ipobic miscreants when they post....bitter known living things from a potopoto republic.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by aQUINandmore: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2023
Bhol28:
Even some parts of the central are still like villages.Garki,kubwa e.t.c. Still like real villages.Lagos remains the commercial capital and still far ahead.
Imangine. But can kubwa be regarded as central Abuja? I thought kubwa is located at the fringe?
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by bitbillionaire: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2023
igwebuike01:

Abuja overtook Lagos long ago. Travel out of that huge slum called Lagos

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lower your voice baba
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by lamalang(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2023
Na corruption language
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Metrofox(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
don't mind these people touting Lagos as a developed place, they equate overpopulation to development.

lol people who travel between Lagos and ogbomosho claim to know what development looks like.. zero exposure
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by WorldRichest: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2023
igwebuike01:

Abuja overtook Lagos long ago. Travel out of that huge slum called Lagos

How come all your family members are praying to die in Lagos? Has Igboland not overtaken Lagos since?
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by emmykk(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
panpan:

If there is a garnishee order, it should be in writing.
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) should know who gave the order, and who is the beneficiary of that order.

What I mean is that the beneficiary of those orders will soon be blackmail in order that payment should be stopped.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by dragunov: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
shidof:
Na that stupid guy with different Lagos moniker, Omoale of Aba that's calling himself PrinceofLagos

😛😛😛😛😛
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by itoba4real(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
I have live in abuja for over 15years but when i travelled to lagos for the very first time in 2020. I saw the real nigeria capital.when i came back to abuja. Abuja was just like a state capital
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by eteba(m): 12:27am On Sep 03, 2023
Pls is "garnishee" in any way related to "kilishi"
I no come know again.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by HNICEARTH: 1:09am On Sep 03, 2023
Emmacolinho:

Dear Gen Z cool

grin grin grin

I guess the sacarsm flew over your head.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by HNICEARTH: 1:10am On Sep 03, 2023
Memphitz357:

You see why we talk say make dem bring back History as a subject back into our educational curriculum?

Mehhhhn! Do not be quick to comment.

Ever heard of sarcasm
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by chiboycue: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://guardian.ng/news/800m-garnishee-order-killing-fcta-economy-says-wike/

The minister should set up a committee to ascertain who the garnishee(s) are/is and what can be done to upset the debts.
A Lannister always pays his debts

1 Like

Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by masseratti: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Is the President also the Minister Of Transportation?
the topic is about minister of FCT not transportation
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Parachoko: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2023
masseratti:
the topic is about minister of FCT not transportation
Lol

What a Lame Excuse grin
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by masseratti: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Lol

What a Lame Excuse grin

what a lame excuse? I guess u get off arguing blindly online.. What has a minister of FCT, the president and minister of transportation got to do wit the topic of this thread?
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by Parachoko: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
masseratti:
what a lame excuse? I guess u get off arguing blindly online.. What has a minister of FCT, the president and minister of transportation got to do wit the topic of this thread?
You shouldn't have put mouth when you know you don't have an idea of what you're talking about. The person I quoted might have a better explanation than yours.

Look at the comment I quoted below

igwebuike01:
Wike should shut up. FCT minister is just an appointment. The president is the governor of FCT

This is my comment

Parachoko:
Technically, Wike is the Governor of Abuja

This is your comment below

masseratti:
the guy you quoted is actually right.. The Governor of the FCT is the President. The minister is just an appointee working on behalf of the President who is also the Governor of the FCT, the minister of FCT does not enjoy the privilege of a Governor under the constitution, no immunity, he can't attend federal council meetings.. Alot of privileges a governor enjoy that the minister can't enjoy.. The guy is absolutely right.

So, if the FCT Minister is not the one in charge of Abuja because he was appointed, then Tinubu is also the Minister of Power, Work etc he appointed the Ministers in charge of this ministries too and they report to him.

Wike is technically the Governor of Abuja because he was appointed as the FCT Minister.
Re: $800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike by masseratti: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
Parachoko:
You shouldn't have put mouth when you know you don't have an idea of what you're talking about. The person I quoted might have a better explanation than yours.

Look at the comment I quoted below

This is my comment

This is your comment below

So, if the FCT Minister is not the one in charge of Abuja because he was appointed, then Tinubu is also the Minister of Power, Work etc he appointed the Ministers in charge of this ministries too and they report to him.

Wike is technically the Governor of Abuja because he was appointed as the FCT Minister.
hmmmm.. I won't stoop so low to the gutter language you are using.. Am too advanced for that.
Now to your quote, you said "Wike is technically the Governor of FCT Abuja" and the guy you quoted no.. And I also concur Governor of any territory be it state, province or other wise in Nigerian call constitution enjoys some privileges that a minister does not enjoy, that's no 1
No2 a minister can be sacked by the president but a governor can't be sacked by anyone.
No 3a governor enjoys immunity a minister does not.
So there for wike is not either "technically the Governor of FCT" nor does he have the powers ascribe to the Governors under Nigerian Constitution.
The President is the Governor of FCT, any lacky can be appointed to take care of FCT affairs.. e.g,the first parastatal head of FCT was a, Yoruba man, he was designated has a commissioner in the late 70s, don't compare a Governor with a minister.. It's totally different, don't even ascribe the word technically to it.. I av no idea what Governors enjoy and a minister can't. It's different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Visiting Ijaw Land, Asari Dokubo Tells Osinbajo / Laz Ogbe, Umahi’s Commissioner Resigns, Refuses To Join APC / Buhari Meets Bisi Akande, Aregbesola & Senator Adeyeye At The Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.