Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

The Cure For Anxiety (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cure For Anxiety (2) (118 Views)

You Cannot Become Lucifer If You Do Not Find The Cure For Cancer / The Sperm Of God Is The Cure For COVID-19 / The Cure For Corona Virus Is The Blood Of Jesus.pls Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Btruth: 4:33am On Sep 02, 2023
The cure for anxiety (2)

Saturday 2nd September 2023

‘Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you.’ Psalm 55:22 CSB

American author, Hannah Whitall Smith tells a story that took place about a hundred years ago, yet it’s as up-to-date as tomorrow morning’s newspaper. ‘A farmer with a horse and cart notices a man walking along with a heavy sack on his back, so he offers him a ride. The stranger accepts and climbs up onto the cart. But as they proceed down the road, he is still bowed beneath the weight of his sack. The farmer says, “Why don’t you set the sack down?” The stranger replies, “That would be too much to ask. I’m grateful that you’re carrying me, but I would never expect you to carry the sack also.”’ That’s what we do when we accept God’s offer of salvation but insist on carrying all our burdens ourselves. ‘Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you’ (Psalm 55:22 CSB). God won’t begin working on the problem until you turn it over to Him; He gets involved when He gets invited. We wait until we’re falling apart, then wonder why God doesn’t help. ‘You do not have, because you do not ask’ (James 4:2 AMPC). Have you asked God for help? Have you placed the problem in His hands, confident that He will work it out for your good, patiently waiting for Him to do it? This doesn’t mean you become passive and sit around doing nothing. You need to do what you believe is right and what you have peace about doing. Learn the difference between your part and God’s part, and stop frustrating yourself by trying to do what only God can do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Frigga13: 5:45am On Sep 02, 2023
Thank you..
Re: The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Myer(m): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2023
Btruth:
The cure for anxiety (2)

Saturday 2nd September 2023

‘Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you.’ Psalm 55:22 CSB

American author, Hannah Whitall Smith tells a story that took place about a hundred years ago, yet it’s as up-to-date as tomorrow morning’s newspaper. ‘A farmer with a horse and cart notices a man walking along with a heavy sack on his back, so he offers him a ride. The stranger accepts and climbs up onto the cart. But as they proceed down the road, he is still bowed beneath the weight of his sack. The farmer says, “Why don’t you set the sack down?” The stranger replies, “That would be too much to ask. I’m grateful that you’re carrying me, but I would never expect you to carry the sack also.”’ That’s what we do when we accept God’s offer of salvation but insist on carrying all our burdens ourselves. ‘Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you’ (Psalm 55:22 CSB). God won’t begin working on the problem until you turn it over to Him; He gets involved when He gets invited. We wait until we’re falling apart, then wonder why God doesn’t help. ‘You do not have, because you do not ask’ (James 4:2 AMPC). Have you asked God for help? Have you placed the problem in His hands, confident that He will work it out for your good, patiently waiting for Him to do it? This doesn’t mean you become passive and sit around doing nothing. You need to do what you believe is right and what you have peace about doing. Learn the difference between your part and God’s part, and stop frustrating yourself by trying to do what only God can do.
Help me LORD.
Re: The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Btruth: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2023
Myer:

Help me LORD.
Help us Lord 🙏.

Good morning bro.

1 Like

Re: The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Myer(m): 6:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Btruth:
Help us Lord 🙏.

Good morning bro.
Amen. Good morning brotherly.
God's Grace and Mercy multiplied to us all.

1 Like

Re: The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Btruth: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2023
Myer:

Amen & amen in Jesus name. This prayer I needed most now.

1 Like

Re: The Cure For Anxiety (2) by Frigga13: 7:05am On Sep 02, 2023
Myer:

Amen..

(1) (Reply)

Women Doing Buttock Enlargement Have Been Captured By The Devil - Dr. Olukoya / "September Is The Month Of Harvest" Chris Oyakhilome / The Realm Of The Spirit Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.