Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! (4758 Views)

Which Football Player Made You To Start Watching Football? / The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by citous(m): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2011
[font=Berlin Sans FB Demi]Serendipity, you sound a lot like my boss at work who thinks football is not a sport and that baseball is rather what is called real sports. No offense mearnt, are you American? I ask because only Americans have this kinda bias against football as aginst the almost 6Billion inhabitants of the earth. They even refuse to call if by its rightful name , preffering to call it 'soccer'.
To answer your question, competitive sport has been in existence since time imemorial, and it is a way to decompress for some people. I live a normal life and football balances it. I eat , breath and drink football especially on my days off after a hectic week at work. I dont know what you do at your spear time, but for most people its sports following.
Some people take whatever they do to an extreeme, be it alcohol drinking, drugs, sex or sports following. So calling Football following a 'tomfoolery' is akin to baring your bottom in the public. You are making a mockery of your age[/font].
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 9:37am On Oct 17, 2011
cito us:

[font=Berlin Sans FB Demi]Serendipity, you sound a lot like my boss at work who thinks football is not a sport and that baseball is rather what is called real sports. No offense mearnt, are you American? I ask because only Americans have this kinda bias against football as aginst the almost 6Billion inhabitants of the earth. They even refuse to call if by its rightful name , preffering to call it 'soccer'.
To answer your question, competitive sport has been in existence since time imemorial, and it is a way to decompress for some people. I live a normal life and football balances it. I eat , breath and drink football especially on my days off after a hectic week at work. I dont know what you do at your spear time, but for most people its sports following.
Some people take whatever they do to an extreeme, be it alcohol drinking, drugs, sex or sports following. So calling Football following a 'tomfoolery' is akin to baring your bottom in the public. You are making a mockery of your age[/font].

Thank you. At least you are somewhat rational.
Like my posts clearly explains my position towards football.
It isn't that I hate football in its entirety. But look at these:

* being unreasonably engrossed to football.
*discussing it as if it were your sole business or puts food on your table .
These and also the fact that these lads get paid undeservedly (paid for doing little) are what pisses me off most. Okay?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2011
cito us:

Thank you. At least you are somewhat rational.
Like my posts clearly explains my position towards football.
It isn't that I hate football in its entirety. But look at these:

* being unreasonably engrossed to football.
These and also the fact that these lads get paid undeservedly (paid for doing little) are what pisses me off most. Okay?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2011
And finally, you admit you're a sadist fellow who's sad others are making it 'unfairly' in a 'fair' world, in your world the man who pushes a truck should be paid more than the guy who plays football, abi,

Like I said before, hug the nearest palm tree,

And if nothing in this life has made you

Serendipity:

you're living a very miserable life,
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by 3direct: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
something is actually wrong with this guy, have you notice that his reply is posted twice
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
@op
you dont seem to get it do you? The amount the players get paid is nothing to football fans compared to watching the game at our spare time. Its really difficult explaining these things to you cos its like someone said '' tryin tell a congenital blind man what colours are''. No offence. Most of the time its the ladies & gays that talk the way you do. Those who have posted before me have given you their reasons. You'll only be making yourself out like someone is slow(to understand that is) if u continue in this line. Enough said.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2011
stereo:

@op
you dont seem to get it do you? The amount the players get paid is nothing to football fans compared to watching the game at our spare time. Its really difficult explaining these things to you cos its like someone said '' tryin tell a congenital blind man what colours are''. No offence. Most of the time its the ladies & man-loving-men that talk the way you do. Those who have posted before me have given you their reasons. You'll only be making yourself out like someone is slow(to understand that is) if u continue in this line. Enough said.
3direct:

something is actually wrong with this guy, have you notice that his reply is posted twice
musKeeto:

And finally, you admit you're a sadist fellow who's sad others are making it 'unfairly' in a 'fair' world, in your world the man who pushes a truck should be paid more than the guy who plays football, abi,

Like I said before, hug the nearest palm tree,

And if nothing in this life has made you

you're living a very miserable life,
See what otiose desperation can do.
Shallow talks bereft of meaning.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Waste of time. At least u've got d attentn u crave. Well, dis is gettn old n boring. Lets leave it dis way; football fans keep watchn n loving d game while u keep hating. That way everybody is happy. No?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Matinho: 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
Serendipity:

Those that are pricked by the plausibility of my assertions are now, out of desperation, looking for the nearest transformer to hug.

Ok i see and how did you know this for a fact?Hallucinogenic state of mind would be a proof to my initial diagnosis.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
Matinho:

Ok i see and how did you know this for a fact?Hallucinogenic state of mind would be a proof to my initial diagnosis.
Charlatan
stereo:

Waste of time. At least u've got d attentn u crave. Well, dis is gettn old n boring. Lets leave it dis way; football fans keep watchn n loving d game while u keep hating. That way everybody is happy. No?
Living in delusions.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by ssjalo(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
@poster
your brain go tried,pls go bed and sleep if y0u no get smtin to say jare
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by mobf: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
Serendipity. Just because you do not like watching football doesn't mean you have to opine in offensive terms regarding it. You are entitled to your opinion anytime anyday as well others who feel different.
Nuff said, don't start a hate thread here.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by morraty: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
Serendi - pity. Like your name imply, i now pity you because you didnt get d Pity u crave. Sorry bro try another format.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by ariyebaba(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Am not mad/crazy abt it, I dont benefit any thing from it. MONKEY DEY PLAY THEY EARN $MILLIONS,WHILE BABOON THEY,

BENEFIT OF FOOTBALL TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS :

* IT HAS HELPED TO DRASTICALLY REDUCED SOCIAL VICES LIKE - ARMED ROBBERY,RAPE,

* IT HAS HELPED TO REDUCE STRESS

* IT HAS HELPED TO UNITE NIGERIANS IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR TRIBE,CLASS,STATUS,RELIGION,POLITICAL AFFILIATION,ETC

* EMPLOYMENT/ BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY(VIEWING CENTERS,SPORT PAPERS,SELLING OF JERSEYS AND OTHER STUFFS.)
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by denzel2009: 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
churlish, stirpling, riposte, dogma. . . . when did they release baba suwe? Just joking
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
Channel the time you use in watching footbal to self development. You will be dazzled by the outcome.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Ukavwe: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
@op this life is not all about money,some time your happy,something that give you joy,that make you feel alive,we do these things not for the money, while some people, money make them feel happy for example,a farmer does his job not because he make more money than a banker or a doctor but because he love the job its gives him joy,i'm sure you are an economics because all you see is money and time.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by asha80(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
Serendipity:

Channel the time you use in watching footbal to self development. You will be dazzled by the outcome.

if one cannot use the non footballing time for self development i cannot see how addition of 6 hrs a week from possible football time make any difference.

if you hate football keep it to yourself.life is not all about money
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 7:00am On Oct 18, 2011
asha 80:

if one cannot use the non footballing time for self development i cannot see how addition of 6 hrs a week from possible football time make any difference.

If it's 6hrs a week, then it's totally acceptable. But I'm talking about obsession here. Or haven't you seen someone that will be sad all day, just because his supposed team was defeated?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 7:01am On Oct 18, 2011
asha 80:

If it's 6hrs a week, then it's totally acceptable. But I'm talking about obsession here. Or haven't you seen someone that will be sad all day, just because his supposed team was defeated?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Dgunnerz(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
Serendipity:

Does that mean he will be sad forever?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Does that mean he will be sad forever?

Get your daft comment outta here.
Of course, you have increased your posts.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Dgunnerz(m): 8:43am On Oct 19, 2011
Serendipity:

Get your daft comment outta here.
Of course, you have increased your posts.
You haven't decreased your posts too!
So,just get your Stupid Phobia out of the forum!
Serendipity ko Stupidity nin!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
cito us: [font=Berlin Sans FB Demi]Serendipity, you sound a lot like my boss at work who thinks football is not a sport and that baseball is rather what is called real sports. No offense mearnt, are you American? I ask because only Americans have this kinda bias against football as aginst the almost 6Billion inhabitants of the earth. They even refuse to call if by its rightful name , preffering to call it 'soccer'.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Dgunnerz:
You haven't decreased your posts too!
So,just get your Stupid Phobia out of the forum!
Serendipity ko Stupidity nin!
Ramblings of a frustrated hepopotamus
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by bizfirst: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
texazzpete:

I have not gained one kobo from you being alive. So what is the point of your life? grin

See how silly your rant sounds?

PS: If we all fast and pray, do you think the guy who holds a gun to your head and forces you to watch football will let you go?

Your logic is flawed...the poster simply means football has no immediate benefits to anyone to warrant the attention it is given. If you paid the poster undue attention, then, just maybe, your logic would hold water.

@ thread: I've personally banned football and Nigerian movies on all the televisions I have control over; for the former is an excellent time waster and the latter can make even a genius dull by 70% with just 3 months viewing!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by tck2000(m): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Meme scenario must football gamblers Passes Through / Betdey(betdey.com) Is A Fraud. / Prophet T.B Joshua' Prophesy About Arsenal FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.