Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace (26698 Views)

Ifeanyi Kalu: NAF Denies Air Force Vehicle Crushed Lagos Artist To Death / The Amaechi Memo To Buhari That Led To Hadiza Usman's Suspension As NPA Boss / Highlights Of The Motion That Led To Oshiomhole's Suspension As APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by fxexperts: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
georgeakins:

There is no way that airline can be allowed to enter UK and USA.
Onyeama has a criminal case hanging on his neck.
He is wanted in the US for money laundering.
Stop jumping around this thread, foaming from every corner of your mouth, are you still dwelling on that court cast that has been trashed long ago. you can go read the concluding part here to feed your ignorance. https://businessday.ng/news/article/allen-onyemas-indictment-us-govt-admits-no-loss-suffered-by-any-bank-law-firm/

georgeakins:

Air peace belongs to Jonathan..
Onyeama has no penny to set up any business.
He is a failed lawyer.
keep on hating on people more successful than you. you lots overthink too many loads of rubbish. Wise investigative journalist, oshe place aso investigate th color of your problem. Even the US you are talking about have nothing against Oyeama, so keep on peddling misleading details.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by steeltrust: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
Imagine the game these west play on almost everything
It not fair

Imagine I got a Canada visa and I’ll still need a transit visa to cross Europe on what ground
Imagine I want to go on vacation to the Caribbeans I’ll struggle for a transit visa

Africa should sit right and man up to these west just like some Asia and Middle East countries are doing if not they will crumble us

2 Likes

Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by SSpeter(m): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2023
DenreleDave:

Good question but people won't ask bcox they are tribally motivated

Until we know the root of the problem, we can fully solve it

Not possible. We cant only believe what Allen tells us until the British tell us the reason

Which one is no reason

Stop acting like a kid..

The British have not given a feedback on the application.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by slimfit1(m): 11:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bluntguy:

There is a difference between urging and ordering. At times you comment ignorantly, or is it just because you heard Airpeace?
You are one of the biggest problems in Nairaland as you have allowed tribalism to becloud your sense of reasoning.

Only a retard would disagree with you.

1 Like

Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by unavailablecity: 1:32am On Sep 03, 2023
so many idiots here mainwhile RIDE ON SIR FALANA
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by lonelydora: 5:28am On Sep 03, 2023
helinues:
This one go sit down for his house go dey dish orders.

Eish

Something is actually wrong with you.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by TK9680: 5:58am On Sep 03, 2023
Bell view, Medview, Arik, etc so many airlines have tried the London and US routes. They all failed.

Do you know Bellviews aircraft was seized in UK AFTER a commercial flight from Nigeria. It was stated that the aircraft was not airworthy and should never have been allowed to take off by the Nigerian authorities. Think about the many lives the airline put at risk.

Now Air Peace has a peculiar issue. First of all, the chairman is still wanted in the US for money laundering. Secondly its triple 777s are old and probably need a lot more care. Maybe when they deliver the it’s 737 max s, it could change the game but for now, really do not think they have the capacity.

Honestly, the Nigeria Air option would have been best for the country whatever its flaws. Ethiopian is a very competent airline. My two kobo!!
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by TK9680: 6:11am On Sep 03, 2023
fxexperts:
Stop jumping around this thread, foaming from every corner of your mouth, are you still dwelling on that court cast that has been trashed long ago. you can go read the concluding part here to feed your ignorance. https://businessday.ng/news/article/allen-onyemas-indictment-us-govt-admits-no-loss-suffered-by-any-bank-law-firm/

My brother,
I’m Yoruba, Bellview’s aircraft was seized in London for not being airworthy. I wrote about it!
Onyeama has not been cleared by the US government.

The gentleman simply took a plea deal to testify against Onyeama. Very true that there was no loss to any US government but if you use the dollar to perpetuate fraud in Gambia , it is viewed as been under US jurisdiction.

I do hope he gets out of problem. But the fact is he has not.

keep on hating on people more successful than you. you lots overthink too many loads of rubbish. Wise investigative journalist, oshe place aso investigate th color of your problem. Even the US you are talking about have nothing against Oyeama, so keep on peddling misleading details.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by DenreleDave(m): 6:52am On Sep 03, 2023
SSpeter:
The British have not given a feedback on the application.

Ok. I understand
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by a4cube: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2023
georgeakins:

Air peace does not belong to Onyeama.
It belongs to GEJ.
ONYEAMA has no penny to set up any business.
He is a failed lawyer
Thanks for the information although I don't see how it relates to my post.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by Irupetepete: 8:05am On Sep 03, 2023
helinues:

Eish
you always rush to comment just to make front page without using your brain..
Anus or whatever your name is, it is high time u start using your senses..
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by Fmghewzy(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2023
helinues:

Abi, the emotional Nigerians won't bother to ask why was Air Peace banned

Don't mind those guys , Nigerians are way too emotional.

Disgracing the entire country.
Ask logical questions they won't,
Why was Air peace banned in the first place

Aside that , numerous reviews on YouTube shows Air peace service is terrible, but if one should bring up the topic, they would say you are attacking him cause he is Igbo blah blah blah

1 Like

Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by ElValiente(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2023
This guy is very versatile. Omo. From finance to aviation. Lawyer ooo. Greqt guy. Omoluabi to the core.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by georgeakins: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2023
fxexperts:

Onyeama is a failed lawyer who never ran any business prior to Air peace.

Air peace belongs to GEJ.
Ibos should stop fooling themselves.

Onyeam'sa case is still pending in US court. He can only deceive his illiterate blodas with fake stories
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by franugo(m): 10:46am On Sep 03, 2023
famzynet:

So it has to crash before you will know their standard is still not it? I have flown air peace air craft and the standard is still below what you get internationally. They cancel or shift their local flight time with no apology. If they cannot manage local flights properly , is it international flight that they want to manage. The best flight in Nigeria remains Ibom Air.

I have flown air peace too, i have also flown dana air....and i can tell you that i have always been impressed by what air peace have managed to accomplish. Also the cancellation of flight is general to almost all airlines here, it's very irritating i agree, but you cannot single out air peace as other airlines are very much guilty of it.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by franugo(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2023
LegacyB:

What has his opinions on National issues amounted to? He is only a noise maker without substance. That’s my opinion too though , talking about opinion.
I mean we have government to contend with as if that’s not enough. We also have a weak Labour front , greedy activists , come and raids calling themselves comrade. Maybe they can learn from South Africa.

You're still not getting my point bro, you just stated your opinion and no one castigated you for it. The only reason your opinion isn't plastered on news outlets is that you don't have a high profile, Falana does. You are guilty of whatever you say he's guilty of. We should stop villifying people for having opinions, if you think it's wrong, then present a better argument not to tell them to shut their mouths.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by LegacyB: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2023
franugo:

You're still not getting my point bro, you just stated your opinion and no one castigated you for it. The only reason your opinion isn't plastered on news outlets is that you don't have a high profile, Falana does. You are guilty of whatever you say he's guilty of. We should stop villifying people for having opinions, if you think it's wrong, then present a better argument not to tell them to shut their mouths.
I see you do not get my point . Well I would say ure free to stick to what you believe. I quite agree with you that no one should be vilified for stating his own opinion. That could truly be my guilt. But I assure you I know far more than am saying here . If only the civil movement and Labour wasn’t compromised. Nigeria would have gotten it right faster. What these guys do is more terrible than the government they criticize. For example just attend one of their elections probably you would understand better a bit.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by MarrisManah(m): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2023
erico2k2:

So because of what I just said my Thinking all of a sudden has become shallow. So, you think those things you call private jet in Nigeria are classified as private jet in the west? those flying coffins. 30 years old planes, You don't seem to realize some private Jets are Boing 747s.ANd for you that have brains, the few flying coffins we have in Nigeria where are we supposed to buy parts from? Did you ask your brain that?The only non western country that can sanction the west is China end of.
Oga, what you said earlier meant your thinking was shallow.
What you're saying now, meant your thinking is even more shallow than I had imagined.
We've been flying "coffins" according to you, and those coffins go to China, India, UAE, Saudi etc... And even within the country. When it's the UK, the story changes, do you even know the reason for the rejection? Capping nonsense.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://dailytrust.com/air-peace-is-being-denied-flying-to-london-onyema/&ved=2ahUKEwjg-oWem46BAxWAT0EAHeghBF0QFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw140-Elt_ck8l3sFMb4Xf-D
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by MarrisManah(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2023
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by franugo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
LegacyB:

I see you do not get my point . Well I would say ure free to stick to what you believe. I quite agree with you that no one should be vilified for stating his own opinion. That could truly be my guilt. But I assure you I know far more than am saying here . If only the civil movement and Labour wasn’t compromised. Nigeria would have gotten it right faster. What these guys do is more terrible than the government they criticize. For example just attend one of their elections probably you would understand better a bit.

I agree that we have not gotten things right in any way in this country....do have a lovely Sunday.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by LegacyB: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
franugo:

I agree that we have not gotten things right in any way in this country....do have a lovely Sunday.
We need to look at other areas apart from the federal government all the time. We need to extend our search to local government, state governments, unions , churches , mosques, village head, councilors etc. Those guys are actually hurting us more if we look deeper. How do you explain a common student union president embezzling so much that it runs into millions of Naira . Those in NLC is even mind boggling( they have no form of accountability at all)Yet those ones say they are freedom fighters. Isn’t that more insult to us as a people? Am not in anyway excusing an ineffective govt we have at present and in the past . But we need to separate Paul from Barnabas.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by CSTRR: 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
One thing about us is that we attach emotions to everything, especially when things don't go our way.

The question is about safety issues. To fly a commercial plane to any country, the airline needs to meet all the safety standards. Does Air Peace meet all the safety standards requirements? This is the question Mr. Falana is supposed to ask the British Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), not sit in his office and make unnecessary noise like usual.

If you've flown out of this country before on any other major airline, then you will know that Air Peace Airlines still has a lot to do when it comes to safety and commercial airline operations.

This airline is known for the way it cancels flights without compensating or communicating with passengers. In 2022, one YouTuber even called this airline as the most dangerous airline to fly on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZSN1cvJgE?si=qhng9bA3w9q4UPIQ

Safety issues?

The airpeace planes are newer than 90% of planes in the british airways.

Even the british govt cannot say it's safety issues since airpeace flies to many countries and have brand new planes.
Its just greed.

1 Like

Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by Ashirioluwa: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
CSTRR:

Safety issues?

The airpeace planes are newer than 90% of planes in the british airways.

Even the british govt cannot say it's safety issues since airpeace flies to many countries and have brand new planes.
Its just greed.

Safety issues is not about the plane alone. It also involves technical team that will inspect and maintain the planes.

I am pretty sure that this landing permit issue is going to be resolved shortly.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by franugo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
LegacyB:

We need to look at other areas apart from the federal government all the time. We need to extend our search to local government, state governments, unions , churches , mosques, village head, councilors etc. Those guys are actually hurting us more if we look deeper. How do you explain a common student union president embezzling so much that it runs into millions of Naira . Those in NLC is even mind boggling( they have no form of accountability at all)Yet those ones say they are freedom fighters. Isn’t that more insult to us as a people? Am not in anyway excusing an ineffective govt we have at present and in the past . But we need to separate Paul from Barnabas.

True that...or how do you explain MMM, Baraza ponzi giving billions of naira to christ embassy, so much so that Maxwell Odum was given accolades by the church, smells like a money laundering scheme to me.
It's a smart move tho as the ponzi culprits realize that churches aren't held accountable in this country
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by CSTRR: 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Safety issues is not about the plane alone. It also involves technical team that will inspect and maintain the planes.

I am pretty sure that this landing permit issue is going to be resolved shortly.
A private company that can afford brand new commercial jets will not maintain his airplanes?

Does that make sense to you?

And no, it will not be resolved soon unless Nigeria takes serious action.

Nobody will willingly gave away a lucrative advantage unless forced .

1 Like

Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by frankson1(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
georgeakins:

The reason is that money laundering charge hanging on Onyeama's neck.
He is wanted in the US

I think his business should be left alone. They should go after Mr Onyeama instead.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by oyatz(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
helinues:

Which radarada this one dey talk about?

So British had no reason for banning Air peace? Make una continue to dey form victims when you are the real culprits.

That it is Air Peace and so fucking what? You think I am one of the bigots who hate others because of their political affiliation or tribe? Same Air peace I have defended severally on this forum.

Pack rabbish go one side

First , Nigeria must protect the interests of Nigeria and her citizens.

Nigerian FG should intervene to ensure that Air Peace isn't unduly cheated and where necessary assist Air Peace or any other Indigenous Airline to meet the stipulated requirements.

Billions of Naira leave the economy through foreign domination of the Nigerian economy.

I paid #930,000 to Royal Air Maroc from Lagos to London.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by LegacyB: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2023
franugo:

True that...or how do you explain MMM, Baraza ponzi giving billions of naira to christ embassy, so much so that Maxwell Odum was given accolades by the church, smells like a money laundering scheme to me.
It's a smart move tho as the ponzi culprits realize that churches aren't held accountable in this country
That’s it brother . Let’s not be quick to just support them without knowing we’re just their pun. If they must call for equity must come to equity with clean hands
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by Douglad: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
One thing about us is that we attach emotions to everything, especially when things don't go our way.

The question is about safety issues. To fly a commercial plane to any country, the airline needs to meet all the safety standards. Does Air Peace meet all the safety standards requirements? This is the question Mr. Falana is supposed to ask the British Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), not sit in his office and make unnecessary noise like usual.

If you've flown out of this country before on any other major airline, then you will know that Air Peace Airlines still has a lot to do when it comes to safety and commercial airline operations.

This airline is known for the way it cancels flights without compensating or communicating with passengers. In 2022, one YouTuber even called this airline as the most dangerous airline to fly on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZSN1cvJgE?si=qhng9bA3w9q4UPIQ

This is what I've been looking for. Thanks
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by halibaba(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Helinues, e no go be crime if you try dey understand book small sometimes.

The article says he made the call at the just concluded NBA conference in Abuja, your own brain is translating another thing.

Na wa o!

Hahahaha 😂 the guy brain no get processor
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by erico2k2(m): 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
MarrisManah:

Oga, what you said earlier meant your thinking was shallow.
What you're saying now, meant your thinking is even more shallow than I had imagined.
We've been flying "coffins" according to you, and those coffins go to China, India, UAE, Saudi etc... And even within the country. When it's the UK, the story changes, do you even know the reason for the rejection? Capping nonsense.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://dailytrust.com/air-peace-is-being-denied-flying-to-london-onyema/&ved=2ahUKEwjg-oWem46BAxWAT0EAHeghBF0QFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw140-Elt_ck8l3sFMb4Xf-D
If your brain is not wet, where did I say they were right to stop Air peace? if also your brain was not wet you could and looked fru my profile and post and realised the Air peace deal is to my advantage more than yours cos I actually live in London and has done so for 23 years, If you can and have the ability to comprehend o nes post you would have deducted from my post that I meant the UK has the Upper hand cos Air peace buys its part from the Uk market and could be sanctioned if competition is perceived, if UK is fighting why not go france as starting point.If we stop all those Uk airlines to come to Nigeria they will just intensify thier ghana and Benin route, who suffers, Nigerians, The frustration is not from teh UK only but from within the Nigerian sector who do not want Airpeace to progress simply put.
Re: Falana Urges BA, Virgin Atlantic Flight Suspension As UK Denies Air Peace by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
helinues:

Eish
I don't think, you are educated. A big shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt / Alimi Sulaiman: Buhari Lacks Educational Qualifications to be President / Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.