Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? (179 Views)

Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely / ⭐⭐ Read Your Favourite Christian Devotionals Here Daily (updated) / 3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by TOBILOBA2023(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
Both text and audio Christian devotional are sent to me on WhatsApp on a daily basis from 5 different people. It's getting too much and I don't like it.

Imagine getting 6 x 15mb x 15 - 20 minutes each audio file from 4 persons daily...with very long messages in text format.

I do not read/listen to those devotionals but I always thank this particular sender because She's an elderly person.

I do not even bother to open messages from the other young ones but they keep sending. One has stopped sending sha.

Note: I am a Christian but not the religious type.

How do I tell them, politely, that they shouldn't send devotionals to me again because I do not read or listen to them?

Thank you.

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by brain54(m): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
Well…

Just tell them politely! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by Righthussle: 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Just send this to the person, "I am not interested in your religion. Kindly stop sending me these messages . "

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by izonborn098(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
Na so one winners madam was sending devotional messages to me...
Though i didn't reply her back and i also ignore her invitations because of that she later get tired..
Many believers take those things personal if you tell her u don't need her messages' because even till today that winners woman refuse to greet or reply me.. But i have let her be, you can't force ur church on my throat..

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by panpan(m): 12:52am On Sep 03, 2023
You may send a message like this:

Good day Sir/Madam.
Please, do not send me daily or recurrent messages from the same source.

Alternatively, you may talk to the person on phone.
Let the person know that it is not the content of the message that is the issue, but that you do not want unsolicited automated messages sent to your phone.

If the messages are from a particular source (and they usually are), tell the person that you can check the source for yourself if you want to.
If you can check the source for yourself, then the automated messages are not necessary.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by talented321: 1:56am On Sep 03, 2023
Just ignore her, she go tire..
Any message u sent to her may lead to enemity, u know many of this religion folks..
Many of them have low self esteem and take everything as rejection..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by correctguy101(m): 4:51am On Sep 03, 2023
See you...

At least ya own better na...

How about the type a friend always sends me? Bizarre news. News of crime and rituals and all bloody nonsense...

I warned her to stop but she continued sending the nonsense until I blocked her on WhatsApp. angry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by helinues: 6:22am On Sep 03, 2023
Mute the person's message.

It might sound offensive if you asked the person to stop.

Yet to understand how people go dey circulate prayer message without working and expecting miracle to happen

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by oteneaaron(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2023
Sometimes you just have to say as it is and stop worrying about offending people.

There are three things you could do -

1. Grow some liver and tell them straight up to stop sending you those messages and that you are not interested.

2. MUTE THEM.

3. BLOCK THEM.

The ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Tell Someone Not To Send Me Christian Devotionals Again? by helinues: 6:35am On Sep 03, 2023
oteneaaron:
Sometimes you just have to say as it is and stop worrying about offending people.

There are three things you could do -

1. Grow some liver and tell them straight up to stop sending you those messages and that you are not interested.

2. MUTE THEM.

3. BLOCK THEM.

The ball is in your court.

I politely tell someone to take me off of his mass message list, if you see how offensive the person took it.

Either I mute them or block them entirely. The ironing part of those who used to send those messages, they are lazy ass who refused to work but expecting miracle from God knows

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Look At Chatgp's Take On Joking About Jesus And Mohammed / IDU, Ancient Sumer Revealed / What You Need To Know Before You Study The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.