Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely (13940 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 5:47am On Mar 26, 2023
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I'm eager to know if its wrong to confront a pastor, because all my life I hate going pastors for anything, something happened on Monday, I didn't know who else to talk to ....so I went to the alter to pray and met with my pastor, I explained what happened between my husband and I and he settled the matter sweetly . I was so happy to have peace and joy back in my marriage till yesterday (Saturday) pastor called me out of that plenty congregation and told d church everything including what my husband has been hiding for years, he even added more things that didn't even happen to the story😂. I was just quiet and respectful since I wasn't expecting him to behave like that.

He prayed for me and I just left, he started getting angry that I can't even praise for my healing me or dancing round, I was just shocked at everything happening I left to the backyard and later went in again.

Immediately I got home I told my husband how he's image has been tarnished in church for what he didn't do, we had a misunderstanding and pastor said he flogged me (that didn't happen)

Is it wrong to confront him....
Coz I will act like I'm going to testify and correct that wrong impression he said about my husband

Just one time experience with pastor is killing me like this

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:09am On Mar 26, 2023
Go ahead and confront the pastor.He is a human being, not a deity, and shouldn't be treated like one.Give him a resounding warning over his actions, and then start keeping your distance from him.
Getting unnecessarily close to some of these pastors,cause all this unwanted interference in the lives of the church members.That's why I don't like getting close to any pastor for any reason on a personal level.

151 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 26, 2023
The pastor just used your family to shine , very bad. Go ahead and confront the hell out of him

69 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Natbrowny: 6:25am On Mar 26, 2023
There are always a good 3rd party to tell these things but we instead tell our religious leaders who would wanna take credit for solving problems.

I advise you confront the pastor and tell him not to publicize your matter in public when next you come to him for advice or to settle matters.

Your husband? How wonder how he'll feel when he walks by and members say
. Na dat yeye man dey beat him wife.
The courage u had to even tell him, hey husband, pastor has tarnished ur image in church for what u didnt do.
Pastor got the information he used from you and added spices to it.

22 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by paxonel(m): 6:31am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I'm eager to know if its wrong to confront a pastor, because all my life I hate going pastors for anything, something happened on Monday, I didn't know who else to talk to ....so I went to the alter to pray and met with my pastor, I explained what happened between my husband and I and he settled the matter sweetly . I was so happy to have peace and joy back in my marriage till yesterday (Saturday) pastor called me out of that plenty congregation and told d church everything including what my husband has been hiding for years, he even added more things that didn't even happen to the story😂. I was just quiet and respectful since I wasn't expecting him to behave like that.

He prayed for me and I just left, he started getting angry that I can't even praise for my healing me or dancing round, I was just shocked at everything happening I left to the backyard and later went in again.

Immediately I got home I told my husband how he's image has been tarnished in church for what he didn't do, we had a misunderstanding and pastor said he flogged me (that didn't happen)

Coz I will act like I'm going to testify and correct that wrong impression he said about my husband

maddam, simply leave the church he is not a pastor. But before you go, request that he should return all the tithe and offering you have been paying him since you started coming to the church. If he refuse to give you back your money don't worry, just let it be and go, God will judge.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by orisa37: 6:35am On Mar 26, 2023
YES YOU CAN BUT NOT WHEN SHE IS ON THE PULPIT.
THE PASTRESS IS YOUR SPIRITUAL MUM.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by yrhuhfy113: 6:37am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

Pls forgive me if I sound too harsh but I feel the pain of being so embarrassed and having your trust crushed.

PLS MADAM, Leave such church and go somewhere else.
PROPHECY is by the spirit, not by stories from private confidential counseling.....

I don't think you understand what a true church should be,
THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE PULPIT, SHOULD BE ABLE TO REACH YOU AND SOLVE YOUR PRIVATE ISSUES without you ever meeting a pastor or letting anyone there know.

Pls I do not think your heart can heal in that church anymore, you should leave and go to somewhere that is very large and you can blend in the crowd, receive the word of God without biase and go home.

and if I may suggest this... I hope you can take this advice with wisdom....
FIND A COUNSELOR FOR YOUR MARRIAGE THAT IS NOT A PASTOR BUT A PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR..... you will have peace

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Nebes: 7:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Regardless of the spiritual blessings and possibilities resident in some pastors they are still humans. If there is any sense at all, just take the 'sense' out of the 'nonsense'.

You now know your pastor's weakness - poor human relationship. Be careful the next time you open up to him/her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by thankgod460(m): 7:58am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I will advice you not to confront him, Pastors are also human like you so don't expect perfection or exceptional from them.

In life we learnt our lesson in different ways. Your marital affairs should be kept away from the third party and if you wanted to, find a marriage counsellor. Also leaving the church isn't necessary since you are not going there to serve or meet a pastor but God. Just forget and move on

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
pastorship is very lucrative hustle

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by WhisperedNoise: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
Very wrong, what the pastor did.
Pastors must learn how to control their mouths. Making someone the point of reference while preaching is wrong. Very wrong. Too much talk leads to lie, that's why pastor even added jara to the story.

What is your hubby saying about it?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by SMARTMOTORS(m): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
I'm hoping to do so one day
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by FalseProphet1(m): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
As a prophet, I would say this is very wrong, I have so many members coming to me for counseling and don't leak their secrete, most of these pastors need proper training.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Isabi4lov: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
You can leave the church

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by pafestula(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2023
Na una dey see and hype all these Yahoo boys as something, and by their fruits you suppose to know them and treat him as your spirit directs you.

Stop rating human being as Deputy Jesus. My humble advice

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Kam2021: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2023
Leave that church ..the embarrassing looks you will start getting from now can you handle it with the gossip?time to leave there..your pastor is immature

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by DavSagacity(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2023
What you have resolved to do is the best. Use the guise that u want to testify to explain what happened and politely correct the wrong things he said about your family before the congregation. . That Pastor cannot be trusted with family issues and secrets
The main point is that other families will learn from you not to involve him in all their family matter.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by stunnert(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2023
I say it all the time, most of these pastors are story tellers and clout chasers. A lot of your pastors are con men in disguise, know this and know peace

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Skillsnigeria: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by bigdammyj: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2023
Nothing wrong in that.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Kunfu(m): 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
One pastor really did that to my Dad back then, after service I went to meet him in his office and warned him seriously. Since then he never use anybody shine again for church

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Analyst7: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
No it’s not, but always make sure u have good intentions not just for show off or to be seen as a tackler
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by PerfectMan24: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
Go to the pulpit before the congregation and testify the truth. The battle is of the Lord, says the Lord most high.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Stevyne: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
I confronted the mofo then, still wrote petition against him and left the church.
No time to deh tanker rubbish

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by woodr5711: 9:04am On Mar 26, 2023
What the pastor did is very very wrong, you can go ahead and confront him . Lastly leave that church, you have already seen the sign that the pastor is fake
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by SKIBiNSKI(m): 9:04am On Mar 26, 2023
What da fork is a pastor? What does that shit mean? Pastor my ass!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Franking: 9:05am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

When we talk una nor dey hear. Pastors are glory and money seeking conmen.

Do whatever you have to and correct that wrong image created of your husband and run very far from that pastor or any other one for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Roger3D(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

It's wrong to follow another human being blindly. I question everything. No human will tell me what to accept as truth

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by VIPAFRICAN(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2023
Stay in your house U say no. Now Pastor don use ur Family matter shine for Public grin

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! / You Niggaz Are Crazy! / Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.