Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) (60120 Views)

This Is The Beautiful Kaduna City (pictures) / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by EngrKemp: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

As a full Pitakwa guy, there's nothing beautiful about PH. The only road in PH is Aba road, which is even a 2-lane road.

But truth be told, driving in PH has become easier after all the overhead bridges (not flyover) Wike built.

U lie..

There are many roads in Portharcourt.

Aba road is a 8 lane road .

What about pH do u know pls
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by NaijaCover(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
sageb:

Rivers Joy transport at waterlines/Olu obasanja way.
Or
stand in front of Uniport Gate(entrance to Delta campus), you will get a bus/car to yenagoa.

How Much Please?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by BlackAdam65: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
yes, I love my PH city, whenever I travel, I'm always eager to return. Are you from Rivers, the only part I'll disagree with you is the Igbo thing, you can't force a people to identify with a particular group, they are at liberty to choose where they belong. Why are igbos always claiming Rivers? Perhaps it's because they are envious and wish Rivers was domiciled in the SE.
I'm from Opobo/Nkoro I'm not forcing anyone to be ignored I'm trying to make igbo speaking communities in Rivers state acknowledge the fact that their ancestor came from igbo where are you from

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Ogaonos: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reflect7:

Use your damn head.

The UAE population is 9 million and their oil and gas reserves plus daily exports are 3 times Nigeria's.

That is equivalent to giving Abuja alone 3 times Nigeria's annual income annually to spend.

What will they not be able to build, including the world's tallest buildings, and all kinds of futuristic structures like they do in Dubai, with their money-miss-road projects?

You are extremely moronic to be comparing the two countries just because they both ''sell oil''.

You went to school yet you reason like a mugu.
his right to say such my brother what of china dt about 1.5 billion pple more populated than usa but have more advanced infrastucture than usa .is corruption nuthing more dt y kano is more developed than delta state why too much corruptn in delta govt
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Jsucre(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
Wike weldone sir
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by jamesversion: 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ogaonos:
his right to say such my brother what of china dt about 1.5 billion pple more populated than usa but have more advanced infrastucture than usa .is corruption nuthing more dt y kano is more developed than delta state why too much corruptn in delta govt

Who told you China has more infrastructures than USA?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by iLegendd(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

As a full Pitakwa guy, there's nothing beautiful about PH. The only road in PH is Aba road, which is even a 2-lane road.

But truth be told, driving in PH has become easier after all the overhead bridges (not flyover) Wike built.

If someone, three months later, creates a post talking about how ugly PH is, you'll forget about this comment you made and start defending.

You'll brag about how beautiful it is. Now that someone is calling it beautiful, you've refused to accept it. Continue.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by BALLOSKI: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

you de conflict yourself?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by nwadikeokey11: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
ubee:
The thing tire me.
I did not know whether to laugh or get angry when I saw this story.
That's, is someone trying to do comedy or what?
Port Harcourt, our city wey we know? Mtcheew!!!
Bro honestly I no no wetin to do again, I cast my mind around all the whole areas in PH to try to know the areas that are a bit close to what is bin posted here but unfortunately I cudnt remember any. Deception every where. God help us
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Perseverance127: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
Mediocrity
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by NohurryInLife: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
Wikeeeeeee!!!
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Tranquill: 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
Eastlink:
Keep quayet and mind your biz. He’s right. PH is Igboland. Know the difference.

Abagworo:
Port Harcourt is Ikwerre Igboland and I'm proud of that. You can call your cursed land nonsense not mine.

Dreamers dream on..
Munmun Igboid has activated his ‘Eastlink’ moniker today.

There’s nothing like “Ikwerre Igboland”

Ikwerre Iwhuorohna people are not Igbo. Focus on your Igboland and leave Ikwerreland alone.

Ikwerre people know you guys operate at the level of Prospero so they see your puerile claims as comical especially knowing that Prospero’s dreams never come to pass.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Tranquill: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
BlackAdam65:
I'm from Opobo/Nkoro I'm not forcing anyone to be ignored I'm trying to make igbo speaking communities in Rivers state acknowledge the fact that their ancestor came from igbo where are you from

You sound very i.diotic calling people who are not Igbo ‘Igbo speaking’ . You think you can tell people who or where their ancestors come from, just by sitting inside that your canoe. You are a very sill.y and ugl. y person.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Spiff20(m): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

Pls explain what is two lane and God help you if you don't get it right.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Spiff20(m): 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
Bro honestly I no no wetin to do again, I cast my mind around all the whole areas in PH to try to know the areas that are a bit close to what is bin posted here but unfortunately I cudnt remember any. Deception every where. God help us
There's beauty everywhere, even in Gombe, Warri, Abalikili, and Duste. If you choose to focus on dirt, that's what you'll get. At least you can't deny that GRA and Old GRA are beautiful and serene. So if you tried to cast your mind to the areas that have been posted and couldn't find any, it means you don't live in PH or you do, but you don't go out or can't recognize a place in pictures. In either case, you sure need some help with the way you think. In Nigeria, Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Calabar, Kaduna, Uyo, and Enugu are outstanding. Regardless of how skewed your mind is.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Spiff20(m): 12:00am On Sep 04, 2023
Tranquill:

Dreamers dream on..
Munmun Igboid has activated his ‘Eastlink’ moniker today.

There’s nothing like “Ikwerre Igboland”

Ikwerre Iwhuorohna people are not Igbo. Focus on your Igboland and leave Ikwerreland alone.

Ikwerre people know you guys operate at the level of Prospero so they see your puerile claims as comical especially knowing that Prospero’s dreams never come to pass.
This issue of Ikwerres being Igbo should be laid to rest. If a people chose to deny their ancestry for whatever reason best known to them, then let them be. Not all histories are accurate. They could be right about their Benin ancestors or wrong. But that's bygone. At the present, they claim not to be Igbos. The Igbos should respect that decision and move on. This is 2023. Unless of course, they're trying to lay claims to oil wells and a mega city which is at best a dream. But the Igbos should rest in peace. Leave Aniocha, anioma, Obubra, Ikwerre, Asaba, Ogba, everyone that denies roots with them the hell alone. They should ask themselves what wrong they've done for people to be distancing themselves rather than associating.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by BlackAdam65: 12:39am On Sep 04, 2023
ChyjoskyJ:
Lagos is a state
lagosians and their hatred for portharcourt
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Tranquill: 12:58am On Sep 04, 2023
Spiff20:
This issue of Ikwerres being Igbo should be laid to rest. If a people chose to deny their ancestry for whatever reason best known to them, then let them be. Not all histories are accurate. They could be right about their Benin ancestors or wrong. But that's bygone. At the present, they claim not to be Igbos. The Igbos should respect that decision and move on. This is 2023. Unless of course, they're trying to lay claims to oil wells and a mega city which is at best a dream. But the Igbos should rest in peace. Leave Aniocha, anioma, Obubra, Ikwerre, Asaba, Ogba, everyone that denies roots with them the hell alone. They should ask themselves what wrong they've done for people to be distancing themselves rather than associating.

The truth is that Ikwerre never identified nor traced their ancestry to Igbo so the issue of ‘denying ancestry’ doesn’t even exist. It is Igbo people that have been peddling this ‘denying ancestry’ BS.

It is even some Igbo people that I have heard that claim to have migrated from Ikwerre like the Awara and some Ngwa people so their ancestry should be Ikwerre and not the other way round. There are similarities in some Ikwerre dialects with some Igbo dialects, but it doesn’t give Igbo the right to claim that Ikwerre speak ‘their language’ or are Igbo speaking’. How about they being ‘Ikwerre speaking’?

All over the world there are similarities in languages even in Nigeria. In the North, many ethnic groups up to the Tiv people share similar words with the Hausa but you never see the Hausa people forcing their identity on them. A tribe called Gwandara trace their lineage to Hausa but today are a totally different ethnic group and the Hausa people respect that. But Igbo people think they have the right to tell people who they are or should be.

Ikwerre along with the other minority groups in the South together told the British government before independence and the Federal government after independence that they didn’t want to remain in the same region with Igbo people. They wouldn’t do that if they were Igbos. When Igbo people were running and pillaging the defunct Eastern regional government, Ikwerre people still didn’t identify as Igbo. The truth is that many of them don’t even see Ikwerre as Igbo. Ikwerre people suffered the same fate like other minorities in their hands during the war but chose to move on while they are the ones that keep fabricating stories and dishing out half truths and outright lies every day and night, feeding their children with diets of hatred for Ikwerre people. It is only when they want to do their biafra that they start forcing their identity on others thinking it gives them the right to include them in their imaginary country regardless of wether they are consulted or not.

They couldn’t do that in 1967 when they were the only ones with guns which they used to kill and incarcerate many Ikwerre elites. Now in 2023 every one now has access to guns and other firepower, they are thinking they could do it. Intact, they can’t even attempt most of the atrocities they committed against Ikwerre people before and during the war in 1967. Let them keep foooling themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by AllenSpencer: 1:02am On Sep 04, 2023
BlackAdam65:
lagosians and their hatred for portharcourt

I doubt if any Lagosian hates Port Harcourt!

That's the closest city to Lagos.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by DoubleMo6: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2023
Wicked people... Tribal miscreants.....
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by werisetogether(m): 7:46am On Sep 04, 2023
Pondered on this question myself

Maybe the civil engineers would have an answer...

Mynd44:
Why are most roads in Nigeria curved and not straight?

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by sageb: 8:33am On Sep 04, 2023
post=125554927:

How Much Please?

It's #3,000 but due to fuel price hike, they may charge you more than that.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by sageb: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2023
Spiff20:
There's beauty everywhere, even in Gombe, Warri, Abalikili, and Duste. If you choose to focus on dirt, that's what you'll get. At least you can't deny that GRA and Old GRA are beautiful and serene. So if you tried to cast your mind to the areas that have been posted and couldn't find any, it means you don't live in PH or you do, but you don't go out or can't recognize a place in pictures. In either case, you sure need some help with the way you think. In Nigeria, Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Calabar, Kaduna, Uyo, and Enugu are outstanding. Regardless of how skewed your mind is.

In addition to Old GRA and GRA axis is

Rivtaf Golf Estate
Amadi Garden Estate
cocaine Estate
Orazi
Rumuibekwe,etc.

Beautiful and serene places in Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by vanitybutiwanti: 9:18am On Sep 04, 2023
sageb:

In addition to Old GRA and GRA axis is

Rivtaf Golf Estate
Amadi Garden Estate
cocaine Estate
Orazi
Rumuibekwe,etc.

Beautiful and serene places in Port Harcourt.
The whole Trans Amadi area
Elekahia/Rumumasi with it's new internal roads
Some estates in NTA(those places just lack good internal roads)
Phalga as a whole is beautiful
Ada George
Some discreet Estate in woji

What about Old GRA that looks like Europe.

That guy doesn't know PH at all

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by NaijaCover(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2023
sageb:

It's #3,000 but due to fuel price hike, they may charge you more than that.

From Port Harcourt To Yenagoa Town In Bayelsa State, Is How Many Hours Please?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by sageb: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
The whole Trans Amadi area Elekahia/Rumumasi with it's new internal roads Some estates in NTA(those places just lack good internal roads) Phalga as a whole is beautiful Ada George Some discreet Estate in woji
What about Old GRA that looks like Europe.
That guy doesn't know PH at all
Yes ooo NAF Estate in Rumuomasi is serene Federal housing Estate in Woji enjoys over 20 hours electricity each day. You Are right
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Rumundele(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2023
If you say ph is not beautiful, visit Aba. The only problem i have with most flyover, they are unnecessary, some are carry out with fall out or disagreement with Wike, and the next thing is flyover in that area.
The only flyover that make sense is Mile 1, Oil mill and Obirikwere. The worst flyover is Rumuokoro.
Truth be told all the flyover built by Wike actually eased movement to some extent.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by 7demons: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
shut up illiterate, I don't go to Aba to fix my car. Since Aba is the lifeblood of pH, why are you and your families not living in Aba? You're clearly Stupiid, I bet you're a woman from everything you wrote here, what proof do you have to back up the assertion that igbos are owners of majority of the houses in pH? How many Rivers men or women live in your shiithole Aba? How many Rivers people have houses in your region? Little or none at all because your land is cursed, there is nothing desirable about Igbo land. Why can't you turn your shiithole Aba to an Eldorado so that you and your miserable pastoralists family can relocate to Aba?

Nobody wants to stay in your region that's why nobody approaches you to make an offer for land, your region is a cessspit and a shiithole. Did your father give up your mother to foreign expats? You criticize a place yet you dwell and do business in the place, you can't even live without the place. Going by what you wrote here, one would think your state is heaven on earth, fooools from shiithole states, that's why nobody wants to associate with you because of your bitter, all knowing, holier than thou nature.

Even your god peter obi didn't deem it fit to set up his NEXt supermarket in any of the shiithole eastern state, he had to set it up in PH.
cc: Seun
cc: Obinoscopy
cc: Nlfpmod
Tribe profiling, Rule 2&3.
Censored words by misspelling. Rule 15
False info Rule 8
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Ogaonos: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
jamesversion:

Who told you China has more infrastructures than USA?
omo they have o try check YouTube .eg china metro station .videos of their cities is then u know DT CNN nd BBC are lying to us .usa has infrastructure deficit which their media hid from us.nd USA has no speed train if they have maybe recently .I REPEAT TRY CHECK ON JAPAN ND CHINA ON YOUTUBE THEY ARE FAR AHEAD OF USA
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Chinny024(f): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Israel07:

Where do u enjoy this abeg?

Phc...Worji then..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ghana Bride In Coma After Groom Died In An Accident On His Way To Their Wedding / Change: 100 Most Powerful Passports In The World, 2015 Vs 2016. / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.