Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,171 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) (59948 Views)

This Is The Beautiful Kaduna City (pictures) / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Dragoly(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2023
Beauty they said is in the eye and mind of beholder😎

Whenever I hear "Beautiful City" Lagos always comes to my mind. Lagos is a city of cities!🥸
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Gerard28: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Wike (Mr Project) finish work for Rivers.

He built 12 flyovers alone and completed several infrastructure projects.

And didn't create jobs. Didn't increase salaries. So keep that flyover bullshit aside.

You probably don't even stay in port Harcourt.

I am born and bred
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Gerard28: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2023
Righthussle:
It will take another 30 years for Rivers to have a governor like Wike. If you talk trash about Wike for ph na wotowoto for your face and head.

Which yeye wotowoto. Amaechi is a million miles better.
Which Jobs Wike create? Which factories E build?

Amaechi employed 13, 000 Teachers who are still in Job till date. Both indigenes and non-indigenes.

Una dey talk flyover.

Chop flyover na
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Gerard28: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

As a full Pitakwa guy, there's nothing beautiful about PH. The only road in PH is Aba road, which is even a 2-lane road.

But truth be told, driving in PH has become easier after all the overhead bridges (not flyover) Wike built.

God Bless you my Brother, I love you.

No mind idiots dem wey dey talk waaaaaaaa.

State I have lived all my life.
No job creations, Nothing.

Just Public Clown Performances and looting
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Clinghton: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2023
The more it's beauty the more it's expensive to live in, why?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by JooEeL(m): 8:46am On Sep 03, 2023
Austineva:
My Odogwu 💪
What's up? It's bn a while?

Heyyyyy, Boss'em Oloye!

Babo niyen!

Howfarsofar?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:50am On Sep 03, 2023
Igweocha Amaka..

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Bigchristo: 9:00am On Sep 03, 2023
Reflect7:

You can only fool those people who haven’t visit PH, last time I came to Nigeria I went to PH this photos doesn’t indicate the reality of what I saw in PH make una nor Dey use picture dey whine person, although Nyesom Wike tried his best but some people are naturally dirty I pass through a well tied road in Rumokparalli only to see huge piles of dirty in middle of the road, i shame sha cos the government did their best tying the road but we the citizens should also maintain it

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:05am On Sep 03, 2023
ProfessorAlex:

Where's the beauty?
Only village people will find this beautiful
compared to other cities in nigeria...nigeria standard ph is top 3

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2023
oyeb15:
Rivers is one of d poverty ridden state in Nigeria.
After PH, Eleme, Ahoada, Omoku , rivers state na village
what about bonny / okrika.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Chinny024(f): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2023
I enjoy good roads, and PHC 18hrs to 24hrs light unlike some overrated state that can't boast of straight 12hrs light...Wasn't funny abeg..

Some states should be shut down, divided or merged with another state.

Light should be basic for any city!!!!

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Curious346: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2023
There is nothing beautiful about portharcourt.

Go to uyo
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Petdagr8t(m): 9:34am On Sep 03, 2023
Abagworo:

I agree with you but based on Nigerian standard Port Harcourt is great. Little modifications will make much difference. If Amaechi's Monorail, Greater Port Harcourt and Rainbow Town were cotinued the cityscape would have been much better today.
True especially as you admit that it's Nigeria standard, but as you know we could have done better than this if not for our thieving political class that called themselves leaders.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Israel07: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2023
Chinny024:
I enjoy good roads, and PHC 18hrs to 24hrs light unlike some overrated state that can't boast of straight 12hrs light...Wasn't funny abeg..

Some states should be shut down, divided or merged with another state.

Light should be basic for any city!!!!

Where do u enjoy this abeg?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by omoluka: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2023
We have a very long way to go in this country embarassed
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by ttobizz(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

As a full Pitakwa guy, there's nothing beautiful about PH. The only road in PH is Aba road, which is even a 2-lane road.

But truth be told, driving in PH has become easier after all the overhead bridges (not flyover) Wike built.

God bless you my brother
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Kingjoe7: 10:02am On Sep 03, 2023
Beniyke1:
Only in Nairaland you will see people who’ve lived all their lives in, and only around the South-West from birth to adulthood -from Osun to Ibadan, Ogun, Ondo and back to Lagos- come to Nairaland shouting ‘Lagos this!’ ‘Lagos that!’ ‘Our Lagos!’ and all that.

When you come to think about it sometimes you really see that these people actually think others live on trees and bushes in the different states they come from. Seriously

What's your obsession with Lagos and South west?
How are you so much comfortable hate in your heart?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by lexy2014: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2023
jamesversion:
@lexy2014, why are you running in circles? You said PH isn't as developed as Kigali. And I asked you why are you comparing a country with a state. How that sounds confusing to you, beats me.

Can't you provide where I said what you cl6thst I said?

Meanwhile, am glad you acknowledge that the comparison made was between Kigali and PH.

If that is the case, how then did you arrive at the highlighted above?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by descarado: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2023
lonelydora:
Which beautiful city?

Thank you.
PH shocked shocked
Make I laugh cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by vanitybutiwanti: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2023
Abagworo:

I agree with you but based on Nigerian standard Port Harcourt is great. Little modifications will make much difference. If Amaechi's Monorail, Greater Port Harcourt and Rainbow Town were cotinued the cityscape would have been much better today.
you're ignorant. Rainbow town has been allocated to individuals, there was no point completing the project when the government had little or nothing to gain from it's completion in terms of ownership. Monorail was a 1.1km rail track that leads to nowhere, a N100 cab fare will take you through the same route, and N50b had been paid for that project before wike became governor, if you can recall during the build up to the election, wike sued Amaechi for that project to score a political point, even Tonye cole admitted that it had been paid for yet it wasn't executed. Amaechi employed 13k persons at the twilight of his administration and wike didn't sack those workers, yet in Abia State Otti just sacked a bunch of workers employed by his predecessors. You're igbo and you're likely to hang out with people that don't like wike, so it's expected that you don't like him too. Amaechi tried but wike did much taking into consideration the resources at his disposal, Amaechi was governor during GEJs time when state received larger allocation.

Below is a thread on Twitter of some of wike's work, can you also show us a compendium of Amaechi's works.

https://twitter.com/Topboychriss/status/1657101089487966212?t=umtfTMQMQHHnbI6BSkpDIA&s=19
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by jamesversion: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2023
Curious346:
There is nothing beautiful about portharcourt.

Go to uyo

I dey visit uyo steady, so what's your point?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by highchief1: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2023
koladata:
where is the beauty if Its not safe , the last time i visited , i was told i can't work around by 7pm , too many cultists
may u never see a good thg in ur life if u won’t appreciate good thgs.would u rather praise edo state government?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by descarado: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2023
Gerard28:

God Bless you my Brother, I love you.

No mind idiots dem wey dey talk waaaaaaaa.

State I have lived all my life.
No job creations, Nothing.

Just Public Clown Performances and looting

So disappointed in that state. That's why if somebody say the governors are working, I wonder why it doesn't reflect on the city.
Go to the villages that produce oil and cry. Rivers men are the most useless in Nigeria. Like amaechi like wike like odili. They use and dump them. The smallest thing they can give their people, they use to build other places.
Remove the presence of igbo in ph and my village will be a city compared to that place.

Oh, I grew up in that cursed city. My family is everywhere there. Road is zero. No plan. Aba road is what foreigners see and start shouting ph is good.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by descarado: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2023
CJStarz:
A city replete with old colonial buildings. Aba get more modern houses that Port Harcourt.A city where the difference between the rich and the poor is so glaring. A city with a very high cost of living,Aba is their surviving grace. Either they come to Aba to buy or we take the market to them.
A city of whoredom. A city of rains.
A city of flyovers but nil human capital development.
You even want to do serious shopping, you hop into a car and go to aba.
Serious foodstuff, building materials, spare parts, name them, it's aba.
Iive around an average rivers state family and you wil see they don't live in this world.
All of them behave like amaechi and wike and they are full of envy and jealousy.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by ogaemma: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2023
Joke's and sentiment aside,Wike is one of the best performing Governors in the last 20 year's.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by BlackAdam65: 10:27am On Sep 03, 2023
I prefer to live in portharcourt than any other city in Nigeria if only there was federalism I would love to become governor of rivers state but we rivers people love to deny the fact that majority of our tribes originated from igbo

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by sabastine7(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2023
So Port Harcourt is Flat as earth.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Awise09(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2023
Mynd44:
Why are most roads in Nigeria curved and not straight?
Not only Nigerians road their are texture of soil that must take place during road construction its not every where that's suitable to ply.
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Smallgoat: 10:29am On Sep 03, 2023
AareGaa:

Port Harcourt and Agbor are inhabited by all Nigerians

But 5 Ibo states are inhabited by only ibos. Nobody lives with Ibos in their land

Don't you guys ever get tired of this primordial and stodgy sentiments?
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Gerard28: 10:31am On Sep 03, 2023
descarado:

So disappointed in that state. That's why if somebody say the governors are working, I wonder why it doesn't reflect on the city.
Go to the villages that produce oil and cry. Rivers men are the most useless in Nigeria. Like amaechi like wike like odili. They use and dump them. The smallest thing they can give their people, they use to build other places.
Remove the presence of igbo in ph and my village will be a city compared to that place.

Oh, I grew up in that cursed city. My family is everywhere there. Road is zero. No plan. Aba road is what foreigners see and start shouting ph is good.

I absolutely agree with you
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by gbengalawal: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2023
I'm in Port now b4 8pm everywhere is quite
Re: Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures) by Larryndelaw: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2023
Righthussle:
It will take another 30 years for Rivers to have a governor like Wike. If you talk trash about Wike for ph na wotowoto for your face and head.
Obidient will.start attacking you now. Just watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) / Iranian Who Made Paris Airport Home For 18 Years Dies (picture) / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.