Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,649 members, 7,816,663 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) (2095 Views)

Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix / Covid-19: Catholic Bishop, Onah Breaks Down In Tears While Kissing The Crucifix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Babamide(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
You go just dey explain tire because no evidence.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by cornelboy(f): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
boltwings:
do you know that the second Pope was canonized by St Paul the Apostle? Do you know that the Apostles and Disciples passed down this things to the early Christians after the death of Christ. Are you more "Christian" than Moses, the Apostles and Disciples of Jesus.

promised my self not to talk much on nairaland again because of senseless people with low IQ but I bleeped up today...make I just leave u all with your ignorance.

HE WHO DOES NOT KNOW, KNOWS THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW, AND STILL DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW, IS A BIG FOOL. LEAVE HIM.

M off here
You can't stay because you know you're not making any sense.

If the second Pope was canonized by Paul, who was the first pope and who canonize him?
And where did you get the story from?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by correctguy101(m): 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
.you must be joking. that nonsense you got is an idol/juju.

Matters not...

The main issue is the connectedness with a side of yourself and reality that transcends the norm.

Even if na stone, pray with it. As long as it'll make you feel such connection.

But another part of me dey smh for the OP.. cheesy

Jewzus lover...cheesy
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by shegsman58(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
Baba wake up, jesus is no longer on the cross. We see that in the book of revelation

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Blaxie: 11:50pm On Sep 03, 2023
Idolatry

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Dtruthspeaker: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Sixtur:
There is nothing wrong with having image of our Lord Jesus Christ,all of you people condemning the poster are just being myopic,the Bible justified having images of angels and holy people as objects of worship

Mbok! Prove
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2023
correctguy101:

Matters not...

The main issue is the connectedness with a side of yourself and reality that transcends the norm.

Even if na stone, pray with it. As long as it'll make you feel such connection.

But another part of me dey smh for the OP.. cheesy

Jewzus lover...cheesy
bullshit this is how you people go about preaching self worship. can you creat yourself or a fellow human. you cant even make one strand of hair grow on your head. you dont connect with yourself, you connect with the supreem God who made heaven and earth and every thing that lives in it. there is no other connectedness aside that.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by correctguy101(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
bullshit this is how you people go about preaching self worship. can you creat yourself or a fellow human. you cant even make one strand of hair grow on your head. you dont connect with yourself, you connect with the supreem God who made heaven and earth and every thing that lives in it. there is no other connectedness aside that.

The way I see it...

We're saying the very same thing.

You're just doggedly insisting on your own preferred terms/words....

There's only ever present ENERGY...

Whatever rocks your boat...
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2023
correctguy101:

The way I see it...

We're saying the very same thing.

You're just doggedly insisting on your own preferred terms/words....

There's only ever present ENERGY...

Whatever rocks your boat...
where not saying the same thing. I am pointing you to the true connections while your not.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by shegsman58(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2023
boltwings:
just as Moses lifted up the golden serpent, so MUST the Son of man be lifted up, that anyone who believes in Him is saved. Jesus word. A prophecy of Jesus fulfilled. The crucifix of Christ is very powerful

In the old testament do you know that moses often goes to the tent where the ark of the covenant was kept and bows down his head to commune with God. Remember the Ark denotes the presence of God and has the ten commandments crested stone inside and at the top a big molded angels facing each other. Is Moses praying to the molded angels or to God. Bible illiteracy is a disease and cancer to Christianity
Common on man! You can do better... The ark of God resides in his temple and now we are the temple of God (2 cor 6:16), so the presence of God resides in us. So stop thinking the presence of God is in one statue. You are only derailing urself bcoz the presence of God in u is the glory of God in u. So if u think his presence is nt in u but in one statue....

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by boltwings: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2023
shegsman58:

Common on man! You can do better... The ark of God resides in his temple and now we are the temple of God (2 cor 6:16), so the presence of God resides in us. So stop thinking the presence of God is in one statue. You are only derailing urself bcoz the presence of God in u is the glory of God in u. So if u think his presence is nt in u but in one statue....
all this low IQ people, I am tired of explaining, if u know get sense, u no get sense. See the stupid narrative without logic you just dropped.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by FxMasterz: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2023
boltwings:
all this low IQ people, I am tired of explaining, if u know get sense, u no get sense. See the stupid narrative without logic you just dropped.
Your insults further proves him right.

Why not counter him intelligently? You have no response other than insults?

He's telling you the truth!

Deuteronomy 4:15-18

“Therefore watch yourselves very carefully. Since you saw no form on the day that the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, beware lest you act corruptly by making a carved image for yourselves, in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water under the earth."

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by shegsman58(m): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2023
boltwings:
Stop being rude and bitter bro... If you can't open ur bible and read the verse i gave to u to verse 17 of the chapter, then rest...

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by boltwings: 11:33am On Sep 04, 2023
FxMasterz:

Your insults further proves him right.

Why not counter him intelligently? You have no response other than insults?

He's telling you the truth!
which truth, just say you want to learn from me, but sorry I don't have time to post for lazy people who can't do their personal research due to their lazy attitude.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by FxMasterz: 11:38am On Sep 04, 2023
boltwings:
which truth, just say you want to learn from me, but sorry I don't have time to post for lazy people who can't do their personal research due to their lazy attitude.

Learn what from you?

Deuteronomy 4:15-18

“Therefore watch yourselves very carefully. Since you saw no form on the day that the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, beware lest you act corruptly by making a carved image for yourselves, in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water under the earth.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by correctguy101(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
where not saying the same thing. I am pointing you to the true connections while your not.

shocked cheesy
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
boltwings:
just as Moses lifted up the golden serpent, so MUST the Son of man be lifted up, that anyone who believes in Him is saved. Jesus word. A prophecy of Jesus fulfilled. The crucifix of Christ is very powerful

In the old testament do you know that moses often goes to the tent where the ark of the covenant was kept and bows down his head to commune with God. Remember the Ark denotes the presence of God and has the ten commandments crested stone inside and at the top a big molded angels facing each other. Is Moses praying to the molded angels or to God. Bible illiteracy is a disease and cancer to Christianity
Did Moses or Jesus ever ask you to mold images of serpent or cross to pray with? Where exactly did you learn it from if not the Bible?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Myer(m): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2023
boltwings:
lol what guarantees heaven is a sinless life and nothing else, though there are other things that a Christian needs to do e.g receiving holy communion, baptism etc.

The crucifix like I said is just to boost my communion with God in a personal level.

Can you boost your communion with God without the Crucifix?
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by boltwings: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2023
Myer:

Can you boost your communion with God without the Crucifix?
yes you can. But the crucifix of Christ should be important in our lives, don't push it away, embrace it if you can.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Myer(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2023
boltwings:
yes you can. But the crucifix of Christ should be important in our lives, don't push it away, embrace it if you can.

If you don't mind me asking, what does Idolatry mean to you?
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by boltwings: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Myer:

If you don't mind me asking, what does Idolatry mean to you?
do a research about it, that's how to learn. if you don't understand after your research then you can ask me.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Myer(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
boltwings:
do a research about it, that's how to learn. if you don't understand after your research then you can ask me.

I know what it means to me. My question is what does it mean to you?
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by boltwings: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Myer:

I know what it means to me. My question is what does it mean to you?
read www.catholic.com/tract/do-catholics-worship-statues,

read
https://www.indiancatholicmatters.org/do-we-worship-idols/

read
https://catholicsstrivingforholiness.org/do-catholics-worship-statues-absolutely-not-heres-why-must-read-for-all-catholics/

for all who wants to learn about the Catholic church or have questions, type your questions on this website and see answers
https://www.catholic.com/search?
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by Myer(m): 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2023
boltwings:
read www.catholic.com/tract/do-catholics-worship-statues,

read
https://www.indiancatholicmatters.org/do-we-worship-idols/

read
https://catholicsstrivingforholiness.org/do-catholics-worship-statues-absolutely-not-heres-why-must-read-for-all-catholics/

for all who wants to learn about the Catholic church or have questions, type your questions on this website and see answers
https://www.catholic.com/search?

These are Catholicism apologists attempting to deny the obvious idolatry perpetrated by the church.

I say it is obvious because everyone else knows it is idolatry. Even ex-Catholics know this. Only those who are loyalists to the church do not and in fact may not see it so.

I asked to hear and know your own definition and perception of idolatry because if you actually do check the actual meaning of idolatry and understand it without trying to explain it away defensively, you won't only stop the idolatry but you will seek forgiveness.

Now I've also visited and worshipped at Catholic churches with sone friends and as much as I wanted to believe I was wrong and people were wrong about the idolatry, it was inexcusable.

1. First, you pray to God through Holy Mary.
This already defeats the purpose of Jesus tearing the veil of the temple and opening the direct access between every human being and God through Jesus Christ and no other name. Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between Man and God.
Excuses of only appealing to Holy Mary to pray for you is just a manipulative device of the enemy to euthanize you into idolatry.

2. Also you have statues of Mary where certain prayers are specifically prayed. This is clearly idolatry, no excuses.

3. You shared in your post that you only felt at peace when you got the crucifix. Do you still need anyone to tell you that you believe in material things, graven images before you can believe your prayer is answered? What more proof of idolatry do you need?

Now I do not believe in condemning any church completely as I know that God infact can be worshipped in Spirit and Truth any where as long as one obeys his commands as spelt out in the Word of God (not your special Bible but the 66 books).

I believe the Charismatics movement of the Catholic Church is God's divine answer if you wish to remain a Cathoiic. But if possible, you may need to deconstruct the whole idolatry from yourself by trying a different church and make a fair judgment by yourself.

Your spiritual life is central and determinant of every other partof your life.
That you were born into a religion or denomination should not deny you of your power/right of choice to seek a personal encounter with the Almighty God, the creator of the Heaven and Earth.

I pray that Grace and Mercy of God is multiplied to you.
Re: I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) by boltwings: 2:28am On Sep 17, 2023
Myer:

These are Catholicism apologists attempting to deny the obvious idolatry perpetrated by the church.

I say it is obvious because everyone else knows it is idolatry. Even ex-Catholics know this. Only those who are loyalists to the church do not and in fact may not see it so.

I asked to hear and know your own definition and perception of idolatry because if you actually do check the actual meaning of idolatry and understand it without trying to explain it away defensively, you won't only stop the idolatry but you will seek forgiveness.

Now I've also visited and worshipped at Catholic churches with sone friends and as much as I wanted to believe I was wrong and people were wrong about the idolatry, it was inexcusable.

1. First, you pray to God through Holy Mary.
This already defeats the purpose of Jesus tearing the veil of the temple and opening the direct access between every human being and God through Jesus Christ and no other name. Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between Man and God.
Excuses of only appealing to Holy Mary to pray for you is just a manipulative device of the enemy to euthanize you into idolatry.

2. Also you have statues of Mary where certain prayers are specifically prayed. This is clearly idolatry, no excuses.

3. You shared in your post that you only felt at peace when you got the crucifix. Do you still need anyone to tell you that you believe in material things, graven images before you can believe your prayer is answered? What more proof of idolatry do you need?

Now I do not believe in condemning any church completely as I know that God infact can be worshipped in Spirit and Truth any where as long as one obeys his commands as spelt out in the Word of God (not your special Bible but the 66 books).

I believe the Charismatics movement of the Catholic Church is God's divine answer if you wish to remain a Cathoiic. But if possible you need to deconstruct the whole idolatry from yourself by trying a different church and make a fair judgment by yourself.

Your spiritual life is central and determinant of every other partof your life.
That you were born into a religion or denomination should not deny you of your power/right of choice to seek a personal encounter with the Almight God, the creator lf the Heaven and Earth.

I pray that Grace and Mercy of God is multiplied to you.
you just showed me you don't have sense. read and learn stop misbehaving.

Others seeing this thread, read and learn. If you have any question type it on Catholic.com search section and learn about catholicism. my last comment here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Month Of Ramadan / Was Jesus The Prophesied Messiah? Let's Look At The Evidence. / All About Rastafarianism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.