Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices (1396 Views)

The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2023
ErnestNc:

Cornelboy
Maxindhouse
This is the topic of your thread:

"The Modern Day Church And Her Strange Practices"

https://www.nairaland.com/7826924/modern-day-church-strange-practices

I know Jesus has his own disciples today and they're unitedly doing God's will so if you don't believe it's Jehovah's Witnesses organization go and find them so that you can associate with them. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Courz: 11:35am On Sep 04, 2023
ErnestNc:
Cornelboy
Maxindhouse

You should ask why the Holy ghost would speak to believers and christians like Stephen , Ananias, and Philip that were not apostles in the early church . Why would God send his Angel to Cornelius(acts 10:36) after Christ had ascended . Would u call them spiritists? Won't you humble yourselves before God and learn of God?

God never said " I will stop speaking to my people , and my voice will they not hear anymore in the latter days " . It was you and your sect that came up with that by twisting scriptures

God never said "My son is the archangel Michael" . It was you and your sect!

God never said Lucifer will come to earth in 1948, it was you and your sect!

God never said " a time will come when I not pour out my spirit" rather it was you and your sect.

God said " in the last days I shall pour out my spirit upon all flesh and your sons and daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions" , it was even confirmed by Peter .

How else shall we prophesy and see visions if not by the spirit of the Living God?

Please stop telling us what the scriptures didn't say, and tell us what it says directly, not what you Interpreted. It was the same Interpretation Satan gave to Eve and it separated God from man. JW's have been taught and inspired by fallen angels .

Most of your doctrines seem to want to severe the ties of man with God's holy spirit, by giving credence of the Christ to an archangel, so people won't believe in the son of God for salvation but will rather look up to the angel and I know that pattern came from the garden and that spirit is Satan.

Wow ErnestNc. Nice one. You have decoded the JWs completely. Flesh and Blood didn't reveal this to you. You are really in tune with the Holy Spirit. It takes a good amount of Spiritual discernment to detect all these you have observed about JW.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
ErnestNc:

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Since scripture didn't say directly that Jesus was the archangel , why twist scriptures to arrive at such bogus conclusion? God has revealed all we should know, and any further revelation would be a confirmation of what has been written, and If God wanted us to know that Jesus was an archangel , he would have stated it in the scriptures. But you can't find that anywhere because it's a doctrine of devils and an addition to the word of God.

HEB 1:5 says

For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you"? Or again, "I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son"? For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son

Jesus is the only begotten son, and Michael is an arch angel of God.

"Why would Jesus use the archangel's voice "

Good question .

Why didn't the bible say "and Michael would shout in his voice"?

The scriptures only indicated that the voice of Jesus would sound in the similitude of an archangel , to best describe it. It never said Jesus was an archangel. This is how doctrine of devils are formed.
What makes you think that your interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:16 is perfect? Why would Jesus's voice be a similitude of an angel's voice since you showed me from Hebrew 1:5 that Jesus is different from the angels?
Why didn't Paul say directly that the lord Jesus will shout with his own voice?

"...With the voice of the archangel"
You are the one adding or twisting the scripture because the verse clearly states that the lord Jesus will shout with the voice of the archangel.
Compared to John 5:28,29 we can reason that the voice of God's son is same as that of the archangel. Perhaps Michael the archangel is God's only begotten son that he sent to earth. And he was named Jesus on earth. That doesn't contradict anything in the Bible.

Can you listen to yourself sir? Jesus has a body and Michael is spirit . There are two different entities entirely and two scenes of battles , one of which Michael fought against the dragon and his angels , and Jesus alongside his saints fought against the human government (the battle of armageddon), Hope you know this? And the scriptures clearly indicated that Michael would battle the dragon in Rev 12and in Rev 19:11 Christs fight was against the anti Christ and his government (physical battle) , invariably.
Jesus was a spirit being in heaven before he came to earth. He had to leave his glory in heaven and became flesh and blood.
God is spirit and has a spirit body likewise the other living creatures in heaven. Jesus explained that flesh and blood cannot enter heaven.
Only humans has physical bodies.

Apparently, Jesus is currently a spirit being in heaven right now. He only had a physical body while on earth.

Michael fought against satan and his angels, defeated them and chased them out of heaven. Jesus was already in heaven when that happened, why didn't he lead the battle?
When Jesus comes back again, he will come in his full glory not in human form.
So Jesus will lead the battle of Armageddon against the same Satan.
Now tell me why Jesus and Michael played the same role of leading the army of angels in a war against Satan?

Where have you been? Are you not seeing that there are So many believers and men of God that operate in the functionality of working miracles ,prophecies, and other signs.
Which of them are really using God's power today
Most of the miracles are staged and faked.
Pastor Adeboye's son that died several months ago, I wonder why he wasn't able to raise him up or at least any of his friends that are men of God could have raise him up. All these men of God visits the hospital regularly.

These are sayings are not true. You're clearly implying that God isn't saving people today, because scripture says that The Holy ghost is a seal of our redemption and this indicates that those that have been saved by God have been given the gift of the Holy spirit which is a proof of their salvation . If they have been saved , it means they have the seed of God in them and they can also walk in signs and miracles as the Holy spirit leads.
Being saved has nothing to do with the baptism of the holy spirit. The baptism of the holy spirit is meant for the manifestation of God's power. And also it's a seal for those that will be take part in the first resurrection. The 144000.

The authority of scripture is greater than any perceived Interpretation or understanding. Don't add to the word of God!
If we don't seek for the accurate interpretation then most the things in the scripture will remain unclear to us.

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2023
ErnestNc:

When The holy ghost asked Philip to go to Gaza (acts 8:21)
Why didn't he open the bible to check if God said he should go there?
Was Philip an apostle?
Or when Stephen's eyes were opened and he saw Christ and the throne of God, why don't you tag him a spiritist . Was he an apostle too?

No one negates that the scriptures is complete. It was the Holy spirit that inspired the scriptures and whatever he will speak will be in line with has He has written.

You claim the scripture is complete , yet you still go to add to it by saying Jesus was the arch angel Michael. What a contradiction.
The holy spirit was very much in operation then no doubt. But is the holy spirit still working like before?
For example when Christian folks speak in tongues today, all I hear them say is madman's language. It doesn't make any sense.
Compare to the proper tongue the first century Christians spoke. They spoke in other meaningful languages.
Acts 2:7-11
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
ErnestNc:
Cornelboy
Maxindhouse

You should ask why the Holy ghost would speak to believers and christians like Stephen , Ananias, and Philip that were not apostles in the early church . Why would God send his Angel to Cornelius(acts 10:36) after Christ had ascended . Would u call them spiritists? Won't you humble yourselves before God and learn of God?

God never said " I will stop speaking to my people , and my voice will they not hear anymore in the latter days " . It was you and your sect that came up with that by twisting scriptures

God never said "My son is the archangel Michael" . It was you and your sect!

God never said Lucifer will come to earth in 1948, it was you and your sect!

God never said " a time will come when I not pour out my spirit" rather it was you and your sect.

God said " in the last days I shall pour out my spirit upon all flesh and your sons and daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions" , it was even confirmed by Peter .

How else shall we prophesy and see visions if not by the spirit of the Living God?

Please stop telling us what the scriptures didn't say, and tell us what it says directly, not what you Interpreted. It was the same Interpretation Satan gave to Eve and it separated God from man. JW's have been taught and inspired by fallen angels .

Most of your doctrines seem to want to severe the ties of man with God's holy spirit, by giving credence of the Christ to an archangel, so people won't believe in the son of God for salvation but will rather look up to the angel and I know that pattern came from the garden and that spirit is Satan.
The trinity doctrines that you folks believe in was brought by who?
Who interpretation and established that God is three persons in one? Or three Gods in one person?
Did Jesus or any of the apostle taught anything called trinity?
So everything you believe in today was based of the interpretation of the Catholic church. Trinity, hell fire, immortal soul doctrines etc.

Lemme ask you a tactical and logical question concerning hell fire undecided

If hell fire is real;
a. Why didn't God send Adam and Eve there since they were the one that brought sin into this world? Why should someone that only inherited the sin go there?

b. Why didn't God warn people right from the time of Adam to the time of the Israelites about the possibility of suffering in a fire after death?
Throughout the old testament there was nothing like hell fire.

c. Why didn't the apostle of Jesus Christ emphasis on it? Today, you would hear "if you don't repent from your evil ways, you will go to hell fire". Any small thing hell fire.
Why can't we find the warning about hell fire in the epistles of Paul and the rest?
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

The trinity doctrines that you folks believe in was brought by who?
Who interpretation and established that God is three persons in one? Or three Gods in one person?
Did Jesus or any of the apostle taught anything called trinity?

There's no word such as Trinity in the scriptures. I don't belong to any pentecostal , catholic or Charismatic group and my beliefs are not based on their doctrines.

But I believe in God and his son Jesus , the Christ who sent the Holy Ghost in the name his Son.

And Jesus instructed his disciples thus :
Matthew 28:19 KJV
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

You Jehova witness people have your own bible where you have edited and twisted so many things to suit your Interpretation.

So everything you believe in today was based of the interpretation of the Catholic church. Trinity, hell fire, immortal soul doctrines etc

You don't know me nor my beliefs which are not based on factions and fables formed by men, but I know what you believe , You believe in the arch angel Michael as the son of God and your messiah because someone casted a spell on you and made you blind to God's word in the name of indoctrination.

Lemme ask you a tactical and logical question concerning hell fire undecided

If hell fire is real;
a. Why didn't God send Adam and Eve there since they were the one that brought sin into this world? Why should someone that only inherited the sin go there?

It's clear you don't know God.

b. Why didn't God warn people right from the time of Adam to the time of the Israelites about the possibility of suffering in a fire after death?

So when Jesus spoke on the the story of Lazarus and the Rich man in Luke 16 , what was he preaching about? It was very clear Jesus was literal and it wasn't a parable , else why would he involve Abraham? Why would he speak of Abraham? The rich man was tormented sternly by the unquenchable flame as described By JESUS HIMSELF.

There were several Instances where Jesus spoke in parables concerning Hell and damnation. He spoke of Hell concerning the wheat and the chaff.(Matthew 3:12, Luke 3:17) The fire describes there was an UNQUENCHABLE FIRE

If those found wanting of God's judgment don't meet up, where do you think God would send them to? Oh u think they will be with God in his Habitation? You have been deceived, clearly.

c. Why didn't the apostle of Jesus Christ emphasis on it? Today, you would hear "if you don't repent from your evil ways, you will go to hell fire". Any small thing hell fire.
Why can't we find the warning about hell fire in the epistles of Paul and the rest?

Your question should be, WHY did Jesus lay emphasis on it. Who should you take seriously, more... The sender or the messanger?

So I'm asking you are you calling Jesus a liar?

4 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2023
ErnestNc:

There's no word such as Trinity in the scriptures. I don't belong to any pentecostal , catholic or Charismatic group and my beliefs are not based on their doctrines.

But I believe in God and his son Jesus , the Christ who sent the Holy Ghost in the name his Son.

And Jesus instructed his disciples thus :
Matthew 28:19 KJV
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

You Jehova witness people have your own bible where you have edited and twisted so many things to suit your Interpretation.

[Quote]So everything you believe in today was based of the interpretation of the Catholic church. Trinity, hell fire, immortal soul doctrines etc[/Quote]

You don't know me nor my beliefs which are not based on factions and fables formed by men, but I know what you believe , You believe in the arch angel Michael as the son of God and your messiah because someone casted a spell on you and made you blind to God's word in the name of indoctrination.

[Quote]Lemme ask you a tactical and logical question concerning hell fire undecided

If hell fire is real;

It's clear you don't know God.

[Quote] b. Why didn't God warn people right from the time of Adam to the time of the Israelites about the possibility of suffering in a fire after death?
[/Quote]

So when Jesus spoke on the the story of Lazarus and the Rich man in Luke 16 , what was he preaching about? It was very clear Jesus was literal and it wasn't a parable , else why would he involve Abraham? Why would he speak of Abraham? The rich man was tormented sternly by the unquenchable flame as described By JESUS HIMSELF.

There were several Instances where Jesus spoke in parables concerning Hell and damnation. He spoke of Hell concerning the wheat and the chaff.(Matthew 3:12, Luke 3:17) The fire describes there was an UNQUENCHABLE FIRE

If those found wanting of God's judgment don't meet up, where do you think God would send them to? Oh u think they will be with God in his Habitation? You have been deceived, clearly.

[Quote]c. Why didn't the apostle of Jesus Christ emphasis on it? Today, you would hear "if you don't repent from your evil ways, you will go to hell fire". Any small thing hell fire.
[sup][/sup]

Your question should be, WHY did Jesus lay emphasis on it. Who should you take seriously, more... The sender or the messanger?
First I would like to know what the name of your religion is and what your beliefs are undecided undecided
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

First I would like to know what the name of your religion is and what your beliefs are undecided undecided

I'm a follower and disciple of the Christ of God.
I don't belong to any religion or faction of this modern day society. If you know what's good for you, you should dissociate yourself from factions with untraceable fables and tales that look like it was coined from scriptures.

What I know is that , all true JW members seek for the truth and they have tried to alienate themselves from the false practises of modern day churches , but they were still seduced and captured in their quest for "truth" into another form of apostasy, by denying the Spirit of God and the true son of God.

Marvel not, for Satan even transforms himself as an angel of light and his ministers are like ministers of righteousness.

If you truly want to be saved , humble yourself and ask God to teach you the truth. This time read the bible for yourself and allow the holy spirit teach you. God seeing your heart not being hardened will draw you and teach you his ways and show you his salvation which can be wrought only through his son, Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

The holy spirit was very much in operation then no doubt. But is the holy spirit still working like before?
For example when Christian folks speak in tongues today, all I hear them say is madman's language. It doesn't make any sense.
Compare to the proper tongue the first century Christians spoke. They spoke in other meaningful languages.
Acts 2:7-11

1 Corinthians 14:2 KJV
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

I hope you've come across this scripture.

There are diverse kind of tongues which was seen In Acts2 on pentecost, and there is unknown tongues as Paul indicated above.

What is happening today is perversion, it doesn't negate that one cannot speak in unknown tongue.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2023
ErnestNc:

I'm a follower and disciple of the Christ of God.
I don't belong to any religion or faction of this modern day society. If you know what's good for you, you should dissociate yourself from factions with untraceable fables and tales that look like it was coined from scriptures.

What I know is that , all true JW members seek for the truth and they have tried to alienate themselves from the false practises of modern day churches , but they were still seduced and captured in their quest for "truth" into another form of apostasy, by denying the Spirit of God and the true son of God.

Marvel not, for Satan even transforms himself as an angel of light and his ministers are like ministers of righteousness.

If you truly want to be saved , humble yourself and ask God to teach you the truth. This time read the bible for yourself and allow the holy spirit teach you. God seeing your heart not being hardened will draw you and teach you his ways and show you his salvation which can be wrought only through his son, Jesus.
Na solo you dé play with God undecided undecided
Do you have the holy spirit and how many miracles can you perform?
How many word of prophecies have the holy spirit revealed to you undecided undecided undecided

Share some of your beliefs that the JWs got wrong, seems you have all the truths I have been looking for all this while undecided undecided
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

What makes you think that your interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:16 is perfect? Why would Jesus's voice be a similitude of an angel's voice since you showed me from Hebrew 1:5 that Jesus is different from the angels?
Why didn't Paul say directly that the lord Jesus will shout with his own voice?

"...With the voice of the archangel"
You are the one adding or twisting the scripture because the verse clearly states that the lord Jesus will shout with the voice of the archangel.
Compared to John 5:28,29 we can reason that the voice of God's son is same as that of the archangel. Perhaps Michael the archangel is God's only begotten son that he sent to earth. And he was named Jesus on earth. That doesn't contradict anything in the Bible.

Jesus was a spirit being in heaven before he came to earth. He had to leave his glory in heaven and became flesh and blood.
God is spirit and has a spirit body likewise the other living creatures in heaven. Jesus explained that flesh and blood cannot enter heaven.
Only humans has physical bodies.

Apparently, Jesus is currently a spirit being in heaven right now. He only had a physical body while on earth.

Michael fought against satan and his angels, defeated them and chased them out of heaven. Jesus was already in heaven when that happened, why didn't he lead the battle?
When Jesus comes back again, he will come in his full glory not in human form.
So Jesus will lead the battle of Armageddon against the same Satan.
Now tell me why Jesus and Michael played the same role of leading the army of angels in a war against Satan?

Which of them are really using God's power today
Most of the miracles are staged and faked.
Pastor Adeboye's son that died several months ago, I wonder why he wasn't able to raise him up or at least any of his friends that are men of God could have raise him up. All these men of God visits the hospital regularly.

Being saved has nothing to do with the baptism of the holy spirit. The baptism of the holy spirit is meant for the manifestation of God's power. And also it's a seal for those that will be take part in the first resurrection. The 144000.

If we don't seek for the accurate interpretation then most the things in the scripture will remain unclear to us.

It's really hard to disillusion a sternly indoctrinated man. Hence, I leave you in peace with your beliefs. The prior and most important thing is salvation and knowing the true Christ. I will never jeopardize that by calling the Lord Jesus an Arch angel, and scripture says " non of the angels did God call his son" . But you Jw imply that Michael is the begotten son of God . Who else will exalt an angel if not a fallen angel which we all know to be devils ?

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2023
ErnestNc:

1 Corinthians 14:2 KJV
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

I hope you've come across this scripture.

There are diverse kind of tongues which was seen In Acts2 on pentecost, and there is unknown tongues as Paul indicated above.

What is happening today is perversion, it doesn't negate that one cannot speak in unknown tongue.
Lol. You got it completely wrong undecided undecided
When the 120 were speaking in different tongues, it was unknown to them because they never spoke or heard the language before. Only the Jews around them that were familiar with the languages because they've travelled to various countries understood it.

For example, if you started speaking in Spanish tongue today through the holy spirit, everything you said would be unknown to you because you don't know or understand Spanish unless you have the gift of interpretation of tongues.

All the tongues today are pure gibberish undecided undecided
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2023
ErnestNc:

It's really hard to disillusion a sternly indoctrinated man. Hence, I leave you in peace with your beliefs. The prior and most important thing is salvation and knowing the true Christ. I will never jeopardize that by calling the Lord Jesus an Arch angel, and scripture says " non of the angels did God call his son" . But you Jw imply that Michael is the begotten son of God . Who else will exalt an angel if not a fallen angel which we all know to be devils ?

Lol. Your interpretation is not accurate Mr undecided undecided

Incase you didn't know, all angels are God's son but Jesus is God's only begotten son.
"Begotten" there means unique or one kind. So why is Jesus a unique son?

The fact that Jesus is greater than the other angels but that doesn't mean he's not an angel himself. If he's not an angel then tell me what Jesus is?

Michael led the war against Satan in heaven and Jesus will lead the war against Satan here on earth, don't you see that both Jesus and Michael have the same ability and plays the same role? This shows that they are not greater than each other. From other clues in the Bible, we could conclude that they are the same person smiley

You're right. The most important thing is to be saved. But how can you be saved by playing solo with God without a congregation? You have to search for the group that are doing God's will today and worship with them
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 11:28am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Na solo you dé play with God undecided undecided
Do you have the holy spirit and how many miracles can you perform?
How many word of prophecies have the holy spirit revealed to you undecided undecided undecided

Share some of your beliefs that the JWs got wrong, seems you have all the truths I have been looking for all this while undecided undecided

If you're talking about the workings of God's spirit through me, I have experienced many especially visions of revelational truths as touching the Christ as the Lamb of God, His coming and a new world which the modern church never talk about. Hence I stopped putting my faith in this world but in Christ and his government to come.

And I have also dabbled in odd practises of the modern church unknowingly too.

I can tell you, Miracles are real . Yes, there are people that do stage and fake them but they happen. Even Satan's messangers work miracles alot.

My meekness had made me sit with different JW people so they could teach me because I found the practises of modern church to be odd and without hope . Their Faith in God is basically believing in God for material possessions.

I entertained the JW evangelists anytime I saw them because they preached Hope of a new world and the new heaven and earth, even when people wouldn't want to listen to them around me. I was surprised that many didn't have an open heart as I did .

The revelation of a new heaven and earth was already revealed to me by God , hence my quest for truth increased. I told a JW what was revealed to me which was even in the scriptures, yet He called it spiritism and labeled my revelations as one that was sourced from Satan.

Years ago, I noticed each time i sat down in a church where the preacher preached only about Prosperity I get angry inside of me even tho I knew nothing about the scriptures.

I'm not alone. The church is not physical . Tho I may be isolated but there are People called Elects of God and they are scattered around the world. These ones may have been deceived for some time but God will not keep them in deception because they are Elects .

2 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 11:37am On Sep 05, 2023
ErnestNc:

If you're talking about the workings of God's spirit through me, I have experienced many especially visions of revelational truths as touching the Christ as the Lamb of God, His coming and a new world which the modern church never talk about. Hence I stopped putting my faith in this world but in Christ and his government to come.

And I have also dabbled in odd practises of the modern church unknowingly too.

I can tell you, Miracles are real . Yes, there are people that do stage and fake them but they happen. Even Satan's messangers work miracles alot.

My meekness had made me sit with different JW people so they could teach me because I found the practises of modern church to be odd and without hope . Their Faith in God is basically believing in God for material possessions.

I entertained the JW evangelists anytime I saw them because they preached Hope of a new world and the new heaven and earth, even when people wouldn't want to listen to them around me. I was surprised that many didn't have an open heart as I did .

The revelation of a new heaven and earth was already revealed to me by God , hence my quest for truth increased. I told a JW what was revealed to me which was even in the scriptures, yet He called it spiritism and labeled my revelations as one that was sourced from Satan.

Years ago, I noticed each time i sat down in a church where the preacher preached only about Prosperity I get angry inside of me even tho I knew nothing about the scriptures.

I'm not alone. The church is not physical . Tho I may be isolated but there are People called Elects of God and they are scattered around the world. These ones may have been deceived for some time but God will not keep them in deception because they are Elects .
Seems most of your beliefs are gotten from the Jehovah witnesses undecided

If you had a dream about what has already been written in the scripture that's normal. It's a replay of that you've already known in your head.

The miracles performed by Satan workers is part of the reason why we should be very careful and not be led astray by false miracles.

So do you believe you have the holy spirit and can you perform miracles?
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Seems most of your beliefs are gotten from the Jehovah witnesses undecided

If you had a dream about what has already been written in the scripture that's normal. It's a replay of that you've already known in your head.

Like I said , most of the revelation I had about Jesus were before I knew scriptures nor even Met any JW. I was even instructed to let people know in one of my visions. So there was no way it was in my head beforehand. I had to search scriptures afterwards to see if they were so. Even if you preached to me, I would search the scriptures.

I'm not boasting but I have a revelatory gift. Most things were revealed to me before they happen and I never conjured anything or prayed to see these things.

My gift is centred around revelations of word of knowledge and prophecies, not miracles.

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol. You got it completely wrong undecided undecided
When the 120 were speaking in different tongues, it was unknown to them because they never spoke or heard the language before. Only the Jews around them that were familiar with the languages because they've travelled to various countries understood it.

For example, if you started speaking in Spanish tongue today through the holy spirit, everything you said would be unknown to you because you don't know or understand Spanish unless you have the gift of interpretation of tongues.

All the tongues today are pure gibberish undecided undecided

Believe what you want. I won't follow you to twist scriptures. Keep following your sect .

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Janosky: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
correctguy101:

Calls for concern..

Add also:

* Hypocrisy of supposed believers.

* Blasting incantations in the guise of speaking in tongues.

* Zero unity amongst people who got their faith from the same one book. Where I live, just down the street, there are two churches opposite each other.. shocked
Christendom's 3 deities slave dey see rafters & purtohpurtoh mess inside Christendom,him no REMOVE the filth.
But nah JWs be him problem. grin grin
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by correctguy101(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Janosky:

Christendom's 3 deities slave dey see rafters & purtohpurtoh mess inside Christendom,him no REMOVE the filth.
But nah JWs be him problem. grin grin

I no go lie.

For all the church dem out there. This ancestor prefers the JWs. That's why I even create time to join their conventions.

But that one no mean say I go ever become a believer, I know me.. I'm a total infidel grin

That wahala guy Maynman go call me theist sympathizer but who cares about his nonsense... I no get strenght abeg tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 2:18am On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

Like I said , most of the revelation I had about Jesus were before I knew scriptures nor even Met any JW. I was even instructed to let people know in one of my visions. So there was no way it was in my head beforehand. I had to search scriptures afterwards to see if they were so. Even if you preached to me, I would search the scriptures.

I'm not boasting but I have a revelatory gift. Most things were revealed to me before they happen and I never conjured anything or prayed to see these things.

My gift is centred around revelations of word of knowledge and prophecies, not miracles.
If your revelations are not anything new from what were already written in the Bible, why would God reveal them to you in the first place?
It's needless undecided undecided

Yeah that's what most of you say, "I don't have the gift of miracles, I can't raise the dead, I can't do that", but you can speak in madman's tongue, prophesy or have a word of knowledge or wisdom of what has already been written in the scripture....
None of you guys that claim to have the holy spirit can raise the dead or heal a lame person or work any miracle at all undecided undecided

Just follow your way o. But I'm very sure that Jesus never taught us to worship without a congregation of believers.
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by cornelboy(f): 2:21am On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

Believe what you want. I won't follow you to twist scriptures. Keep following your sect .
What makes you think your own interpretation is not twisting of the scripture undecided
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2023
cornelboy:

What makes you think your own interpretation is not twisting of the scripture undecided

Because all that you believe about God was what Jehova witness organisation taught you and made you believe, and not by the spirit of God or his apostles.

1 John 2:27 KJV
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

When you're indoctrinated by mere men who don't have the spirit of God, you might have been marked for damnation.

So far, all you have been taught by your organisation have been proven fallible and erroneous when juxtaposed alongside with the scriptures of God's words.

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 9:56am On Sep 06, 2023
cornelboy:

If your revelations are not anything new from what were already written in the Bible, why would God reveal them to you in the first place?
It's needless undecided undecided

There are so many people Out there who don't know about the scriptures, or about God's salvation which is Jesus like Cornelius in acts 10, some have the scripture but don't understand like the Ethiopian Eunuch, but God by his mercies will reach them and teach them because they are humble, He will also direct them like Cornelius , to people who he has reached. And that was my case, as I never understood what the modern church was all about. I was lost and chasing after what pastor said we should do and not what scripture declares. But now I know what the true faith is and it's belief in Jesus Crucified and Ressurrected.

Just follow your way o. But I'm very sure that Jesus never taught us to worship without a congregation of believers.

Congregation of believers ? What do they believe in? Michael as God's Christ or prosperity as the essence of God's sacrifice?

You don't know what you worship . I'd rather worship with my brethren at home in secret and raise my kids to know the true Christ , I'd rather reach out to lost souls and point them to the Christ crucified and Ressurrected .

John 4:21 KJV
the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

There's no prescribed location for God's worship . You are God's temple and house of prayer.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Do you worship in spirit and in TRUTH? This should be ur concern.
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by achorladey: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
Courz:

Wow ErnestNc. Nice one. You have decoded the JWs completely. Flesh and Blood didn't reveal this to you. You are really in tune with the Holy Spirit. It takes a good amount of Spiritual discernment to detect all these you have observed about JW.

No be small work the guy don do on their matter. grin grin grin grin He dey decision them well grin grin grin
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by achorladey: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

There are so many people Out there who don't know about the scriptures, or about God's salvation which is Jesus like Cornelius in acts 10, some have the scripture but don't understand like the Ethiopian Eunuch, but God by his mercies will reach them and teach them because they are humble, He will also direct them like Cornelius , to people who he has reached. And that was my case, as I never understood what the modern church was all about. I was lost and chasing after what pastor said we should do and not what scripture declares. But now I know what the true faith is and it's belief in Jesus Crucified and Ressurrected.

Congregation of believers ? What do they believe in? Michael as God's Christ or prosperity as the essence of God's sacrifice?

You don't know what you worship . I'd rather worship with my brethren at home in secret and raise my kids to know the true Christ , I'd rather reach out to lost souls and point them to the Christ crucified and Ressurrected .

the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

There's no prescribed location for God's worship . You are God's temple and house of prayer.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The same religious organization published a magazine Which they use to give to the public to read that God does not require anybody to go to a temple or shrine or whatever they call it to worship. Yet see them come to this platform repeatedly asking what is the name of the church of persons they are in conversation with.

Is that not an attempt to manipulate people to do their bidding irrespective of the fact that they keep lying? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by ErnestNc: 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
achorladey:

The same religious organization published a magazine Which they use to give to the public to read that God does not require anybody to go to a temple or shrine or whatever they call it to worship. Yet see them come to this platform repeatedly asking what is the name of the church of persons they are in conversation with.

It's Very hypocritical of them... Honestly

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by achorladey: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

That's a key attribute of their mode of operation.
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Janosky: 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

Did Paul the apostle Believe in John 4:23-24?
Hebrews 10:23-25, oga is that instruction for you?

Hebrews 13:7,17, is that instruction also for you?
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Janosky: 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
achorladey:

Is that not an attempt to manipulate people to do their bidding irrespective of the fact that they keep lying? grin grin grin

Achorladey continue DECEIVING YOURSELF.

John the apostle wrote John 4:23-24.

Was John himself in agreement with Acts 15:6-15?

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Janosky: 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

You either accept Hebrews 11:7,13 , Hebrews 10:23-25 which the apostles gave the practical examples @ Acts 15:6-15.
Or reject it.

If that's what you label "hypocritical."

Nah your cup of coffee. grin
Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Janosky: 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
cornelboy:

The man know that hebrew 1:5 is a copy of 2 Samuel 7:14, applied to king Solomon.
Did the Bible say that king Solomon was different from the sons of David?

Did Hebrew 1:5 mean that angels are not Son of God?

He DISAGREE with 1 Thessalonians 4:16 because it doesn't suit his preconceived notions.
grin

1 Like

Re: The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices by Janosky: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
ErnestNc:

Specific to the bolded portion of your post.

Hebrew 1:5 is a copy of 2 Samuel 7:14, applied to king Solomon.
Oga,Do you mean that aside king Solomon, David had no other sons?

From your stance on Hebrews 1:5, Oga are you telling this forum that angels are not son of God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God.hiding.himself.in.simplicity / Hear What God Is Saying To You In This Month Of March / The Most Talked About Person In Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.