Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? (29477 Views)

#AtikuIsComing vs #AtikuBusted Trend Over Impending Tribunal Judgement / Osun Election Tribunal Judgement: Osun State Govt Issues Press Release- Details / Osun Governorship Election Tribunal Judgement Is On Friday, 22nd March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by achimendy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
DAVIDMOE:
Election Tribunal judgement has been slated to take place on 6th of September. What are you expecting from this election petition judgement?

Do you think there will be a rerun or petitions by election losers will be quashed?

On obi mandate we shall stand🤝🙏
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Baatunde(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Convincingly indeed grin

Halo22:
There's nothing there to predict, Obi won the election convincingly, but the Nigerian factor will take place with its so-called technicalities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Burob: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
Baatunde:
It is definitely not frivolous, especially considering all the technicalities that have been thrown up, I suspect however that judgement has been delayed this long deliberately to make it look serious. In any case , Peter Obi having once been a beneficiary of the judiciary has strongly maintained from the beginning that he has confidence in the judiciary, why the panic now?

Unless Professor Pellar was able to turn water into wine, no hope for Peter Gringory Obi, & his Oga Master Abubakar Atiku.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Burob: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
achimendy:

On obi mandate we shall stand🤝🙏
The Judas just go out sand for em Oga Atiku garri, come allow Tinubu carry the pot of beans.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by MasterofNL: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
Burob:
Didn’t President Bola Tinubu nominate a place holder for The VP position to beat the deadline, then further replaced by him with Shettima?

Tinubu is your Master.

You are a fool.

Go and read the law.

Eediot
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by tellsblinks(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
seunmsg:
The useless and baseless petitions will be dismissed with heavy fines imposed on Atiku and Obi for bringing such a frivolous case before the court.

Don't you have sence? With 18000+ blurred results and other evidence, you're still dating obi ans atiku would be fined

Fined for what exactly?
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by tellsblinks(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
9jahotblog:
rerun judgement in all the States there were discrepancies and election fraud.

If this happen, does Obi have a chance?

I'm 100% convinced these might be considered
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by MasterofNL: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
garfield1:

It is a preelection matter

It is not
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by djon78(m): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
DAVIDMOE:
Election Tribunal judgement has been slated to take place on 6th of September. What are you expecting from this election petition judgement?

Do you think there will be a rerun or petitions by election losers will be quashed?

Likelihood rerun 40% chance

Tinubu winning 50% chance

Losers quashed 10% chance

Tinubu winning is the biggest likelihood for me because he has been sworn in
The opposition should prepare for 2027 election's
Also to forestall anarchy

I didn't support him
Although I can't claim he didn't get the highest vote
but for peace in the nation
This may be the highest possibility

So the nation don't go into chaos and anarchy
He has already hit the ground running

Second likelihood is a rerun
But I don't see how this will work Sha

That's my own piece
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Quaddafi29: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
With the state of Nigerian Judiciary, I am not making any prediction. I still repeat that European court should be judging Nigerian electoral cases
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by blaise26abj(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
obailala:
If the election is voided, Akpabio becomes Ag. President pending the conduct of a run-off or fresh election.
Haaaaaaaa! Can Nigeria ever catch a break ? Maybe that’s why they gave him the senate presidency just in case .
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by blaise26abj(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
Baatunde:
It is definitely not frivolous, especially considering all the technicalities that have been thrown up, I suspect however that judgement has been delayed this long deliberately to make it look serious. In any case , Peter Obi having once been a beneficiary of the judiciary has strongly maintained from the beginning that he has confidence in the judiciary, why the panic now?

For presidency , there should be a waiting period for all electoral issues are determined . An illegitimate presidency will influence the judiciary in a corrupt system like nigeria .

This is not even about Tinubu . It is about future situations . Even if I am the one , once sworn in as president ( in this kind of system ) , Walahi no judge will rule against me . If na to open national treasury to do it , it must be done .
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by obailala(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
blaise26abj:

Haaaaaaaa! Can Nigeria ever catch a break ? Maybe that’s why they gave him the senate presidency just in case .
Of course! Every president wants a loyal ally as senate president for numerous reasons.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by peculiar2233: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
seunmsg:
The useless and baseless petitions will be dismissed with heavy fines imposed on Atiku and Obi for bringing such a frivolous case before the court.
Why are you reasoning with your anus? Just asking
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by onatisi(m): 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
most likely the tribunal will give tinubu the victory , and of course allow both atiku and obi to appeal, this will give some time at least to perform in order to win people's confidence before the supreme court finally gives its judgement, i doubt if this tribunal will remove tinubu from office .
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by obailala(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
tellsblinks:

If this happen, does Obi have a chance?

I'm 100% convinced these might be considered
unfortunately, I don't see OBI having a chance in a rerun or even a run-off. In a rerun, the powers that be wouldn't make the mistake of underrating him; they'd deploy unimaginable violence and rigging to ensure he doesnt even get up to half the votes he got before. In a run-off, it would even be worse if OBI is to run head-to-head with the other top candidates. Even if a run-off is conducted between OBI vs Kwankwaso, the entire rigging mechanism of APC and PDP would back Kwankwaso.

Only chance of OBI being president is if the tribunal outright declares him the winner of the Feb 25th election (which would be nothing short of a massive miracle). I believe in miracles though!

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by grandstar(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Prediction: The illegalities that occurred during the elections were insufficient to change the outcome of it, neither would the rectification of the irregularities give the 2 losers victory

The courts would validate Tinubu's victory.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by MySolace: 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
wrongnumber:
We already know how it will end.

1. On the case of certificates and forms submitted to INEC. Shetiima double nominations will be judged as pre-election matters.

2. On the case of electronic transmission of results, INEC has the right to decide how elections are conducted and transmitted.

3. On rigging allegation, not enough evidence to prove it happened.

4. On forfeiture of $460k, it was a civil forfeiture and not criminal.

5. On the case of 25%, Abuja is treated as a 37th state and Tinubu got 25% in far more than two third of 37 states hence he is duly qualified.

This outcome is 90% guaranteed.

Atiku should focus on uncovering the undeniable truth that he is an imposter who used the details of a female to gain admission to Richard Darley college and subsequently the crooked Chicago State University
At ur no.5, I learnt such case has happened in d past where a candidate declared winner was challenged in d Court cos he didn't win Abuja, but d ruled that the winner musnt win Abuja, dat he only needs to get 25% vote cast there. So, if precedent should be reviewed, den, Tinubu has case to answer.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Yusufisraelj(m): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
yeshuasfootstep:
Let the right thing be done.

Or leave the earth.

It's no longer business as usual since 2019.

May he who have ears, listen.

As simple as ABC
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by flokii: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
The tribunal will rule in favour of President Tinubu, Atiku will head to Supreme court where President Tinubu will still win.

The earlier the losers accept that election is done and dusted, the better for them.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by DMerciful(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Out of 3 petitioners, you keep mentioning Obi. Are you ok?
Ekpenuwa:
Make LP just rest na everything don set for JAGABAN that's why he go Indian go chill make anybody nor suspect am Obi should go and prepare for the Next 8 years coming Election (EMILOKAN)....
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by DMerciful(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
Spend 8yrs? He's not gonna be there after supreme court judgement
MummyGoodluck81:
It’s only fools that’d believe Tinubu won’t spend 8 years as Nigeria president. I voted obidient o but trust me Jagaban is nobody’s mate even throughout AFRICA
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by DMerciful(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Tinubu actually lost
Kingosytex:
I think the tribunal will upload balablu bulaba's victory.
Those that lost should take heart and move on. Life is what it is.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by fareed69(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Shattuck:
The only reason Tinubu's victory will be upheld, is if the judiciary is
compromised, inec did everyone dirty, all this could have been avoided.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by fareed69(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Helper1000:
Obi is coming

In your dreams?
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by DMerciful(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
His time is short in the presidency and not life. You're too emotional, affecting your comprehension
AutoConsultng:

Are you his God? Careful what you wish others. People have died before him while wishing him death.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by DMerciful(m): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
Only two possible outcomes

Obi's victory or rerun.
IgOga:
1. There will be no rerun because rerun in the constitution has certain terms none of which can be fulfilled now. Time has passed for any rerun.

2. OBI didn't prove he won the election. Obi noted discrepancies in some polling units but no evidence that Obi won.

3. Disqualification of Tinubu. The forfeiture on Tinubu’s account did not indict Tinubu as a person. US law considers the account separate from the individual. Just as UK laws considers the company different to the owner of the company. The company can become bankrupt or be sued and the owner is innocent. Besides all these happened over 10 years ago....Nigeria constitution allows a candidate to run for office even if they have been convicted provided it is more than 10 years before the contest. So no case.

4. Chicago State University. Atiku never brought this up at the PEPT. This is an afterthought by PDP. And so far they are still hunting for evidence. CSU is not playing ball....Best thing for Atiku is hope some evidence come up when he appeals PEPT at the Supreme Court.

Overall Tinubu will win at the PEPT
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by DMerciful(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Dey deceive yourself
Basic123:

😆
.this petition is the most watery presidential election tribunal since 1999
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by REDshouse(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2023
Chetas81:
elewon
u be elepon ..
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Sanmax: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
wrongnumber:
We already know how it will end.

1. On the case of certificates and forms submitted to INEC. Shetiima double nominations will be judged as pre-election matters.

2. On the case of electronic transmission of results, INEC has the right to decide how elections are conducted and transmitted.

3. On rigging allegation, not enough evidence to prove it happened.

4. On forfeiture of $460k, it was a civil forfeiture and not criminal.

5. On the case of 25%, Abuja is treated as a 37th state and Tinubu got 25% in far more than two third of 37 states hence he is duly qualified.

This outcome is 90% guaranteed.

Atiku should focus on uncovering the undeniable truth that he is an imposter who used the details of a female to gain admission to Richard Darley college and subsequently the crooked Chicago State University

You are wrong,
INEC SHOULD CONDUCT ELECTIONS ACCORDING TO THE ELECTION GUIDELINES AS STIPULATED IN THE CONSTITUTION.

ELECTION MATTERS AND DISPUTE SHOULD BE RESOLVED BY COMPARING FORM EC8A AND IREV TO FIND OUT OF THEY TALLY. THAT IS THE STIPULATION.
LET ME KNOW HOW THE JUDICIARY WILL RULE THAT THOSE BLURRED AND NONSENSE PICTURES UPLOADED ON IREV IS NOT GOOD EVIDENCE THAT TINUBU WAS SELECTED. THAT IS ALL I AM WAITING FOR,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Albertgr8: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sealing Tinubu victory as usual that Nigeria corruption
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement: What Is Your Prediction? by Jackiedemie(m): 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
This is what the supreme court said as it relates to shettima double normination

The supreme court has held that Kashim Shettima, vice president-elect, is not guilty of double nomination as alleged by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

A five-member panel of the supreme court said this on Tuesday — while delivering judgment in an appeal filed by the PDP seeking to void the election of Shettima and President-elect Bola Tinubu on the grounds of double nomination.

The opposition party claimed that Shettima was still the APC’s candidate for Borno central senatorial district on July 14 when he accepted the nomination for vice-presidential candidate.

According to the appellants, Shettima dropped his senatorial nomination on July 15.

“Facts is that the fourth respondent who had earlier been nominated by his party as a senatorial candidate was given another option or imperative to be the party’s vice presidential candidate. He accepted the second option with a mindset intention and action to relish the first nomination as senatorial candidate,” Emmanuel Agim, supreme court judge, said.

“The party nominated another person to replace him. His prompt and diligent withdrawal as senatorial candidate demonstrates plainly that he had no intentions designed or plans to hold two nominations…the fact that he withdrew after being nominated as vice president is of no mention.

Multiple nominations with the electoral act does not occur simply because he accepted a second nomination, the fact that the acceptance was immediately relinquished so as to pave way for another person to replace him as senatorial candidate cannot be overlooked or disregarded.

“We have to be very careful the way we read provisions of facts particularly when they are public interest issues and for presidential requirements where it is broad knowledge where it is very clear that the purpose of the statutory provision is to avoid a situation where the person holds two nominations to have an election as a candidate either in two constituencies or political parties.

The purpose of that provision is to avoid the situation but where a person has clearly said ‘no I don’t want’, and relinquishes one, I do not think it will be acting in good faith to jump on him and infer something else.

Above all, there was no double nomination. So it is very wrong to contend that the vice-presidential candidate had a double nomination.”

It's end of the road for double nomination case against APC

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Not Yet Released – Olayomi Koiki, Aide / Rhodes-Vivour Donates ₦‎15M To Victims Of Burnt Ajegunle Spare Parts Market / Tinubu Plans To Release Nnamdi Kanu After Imo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.