Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This (27457 Views)

How Do I Help My Sales Girl? / My Son Lacks Concentration / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Legitgames85: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

What he does now is he doesn't allow us especially me to wear skimpy wear at home anymore.whenever I put it on he will be shouting mummy cover your "private part" even my last baby that's not up to 2 was playing with the sleeveless top she was wearing the chest was showing immediately my son started shouting baby cover your private part. The private part he use to shout instead of another word cover your body provoked me to flog him to stop using that word cos he's just 4.

The incident that happened yesterday made us speechless was my family n I went to have a nice time because since that last two Sunday my son haven't stepped out of the house. We decided to have fun yesterday only for my son to screaming mummy see this one she or he is showing there private part. It brought alot of attention to us that we quickly ended what we came out to do.

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?
just tell the sunday school teacher to tell your son to say cover your body instead of private part.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Ikpunnegi01: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Stop putting on skimpy clothes. You don born a fire pastor wey no like nonsense.. Now, you can go back to his church teacher, tell the church teacher to help out by using another word to replace the one he is using that you don't like. Children tends to learn faster when they're in the mist of their fellows.. But, always mind the kind of things you put on, it may backfire again!
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Lexiskillz09: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

What he does now is he doesn't allow us especially me to wear skimpy wear at home anymore.whenever I put it on he will be shouting mummy cover your "private part" even my last baby that's not up to 2 was playing with the sleeveless top she was wearing the chest was showing immediately my son started shouting baby cover your private part. The private part he use to shout instead of another word cover your body provoked me to flog him to stop using that word cos he's just 4.

The incident that happened yesterday made us speechless was my family n I went to have a nice time because since that last two Sunday my son haven't stepped out of the house. We decided to have fun yesterday only for my son to screaming mummy see this one she or he is showing there private part. It brought alot of attention to us that we quickly ended what we came out to do.

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?

Are you the same Iyaebe, the men hater on Nairaland that year? That was 2020 during covid I was frequent on Nairaland. If u are the one, Please what do u need a son for
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by benqo01(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2023
Abi u know dey wear pant πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Abifarin16: 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
4 years old, before next week he will forget all about it.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Justkatty(f): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
I believe you're being concerned because of the phrases "private part" he uses, it's ok to teach your kids about sex education and also good morals but the choices of words are supposed to suit their age for better understanding.
Flogging him, to me is not right
Instead guide him and make him see reasons why he shouldn't use some words that are not too okay for his age.
No be everything Cain supposed come in.
Let's be guided
I noticed even my little baby of 7months, if I shout at her for any reason, she doesn't feel good at all.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Stevenbright(m): 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

but I noticed kids thinks there teacher is more intelligent than their parents

On the above, you are right.

Explain to the Sunday school teacher. Then take the boy to him or her to undone the damage of feeding a child with an incomplete information by clarifying what she meant to the child.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by israelmao(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sit down and study the Bible,search for relevant scriptures about modest and decent addressing and show him the real pictures from the scriptures.Use the same scriptures used by his Sunday school teacher to unlearn that.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Lexiskillz09: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
In the name of "its my body and I can wear what I like", u choose to dress naked. Now Your 4 years old son is ashamed of his mother's character tries to correct her and now you are hating on the innocent boy trying to correct you.

Anyway, you are a known hater of the male gender. I pity the man wey gree live for desame roof with you. And I pity the innocent boy more. Him don enter one chance.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by mastermaestro(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

I have done that but I noticed kids thinks there teacher is more intelligent than their parents

I agree with you completely on this. Most kids rate their teacher's intelligence about their parents'. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by DenreleDave(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
My son have a loud voice
The way he shout about this private part is annoying

I never born but u sef try dey cover your private part grin grin grin grin grin

Skyview01 UDUJ and nedekid may have sumtin to say about this
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by achimendy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

Hmmm, so iyaebe you're married with kids

It's really surprising.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Fucklove(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
He's an incredible kid, Respect him and dress properly around that Great boy cool
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Lexiskillz09: 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

I have done that but I noticed kids thinks there teacher is more intelligent than their parents

Yea. Only Irresponsible parents like you who refuse to teach their kids cultural values and how to be modest.

Your type walk naked at home, have sex infront of ur kids (in d name of na children dem no sabi anything)

If not why will a mother have problems with her son asking her to cover her body?

We know you to be men hater. Please don't harm d innocent child. πŸ™ if u can't take care of him, give him up for adoption. Please

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by gbame(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

It's important to address this issue with patience and understanding. Your son seems to have taken the lesson from Sunday school very seriously. Instead of spanking, try having a calm conversation with him. Explain that while the lesson is important, he needs to understand appropriate contexts. Encourage him to ask questions about what he's learning, and provide guidance on when and how to apply it. Additionally, offer positive reinforcement when he demonstrates understanding and maturity in this area.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by RecentHistory: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
The son is probably more sensible than his mother.

You don't know how to dress properly, you don't know how to teach your son properly. Na to dey waka naked and beat your pikin you sabi.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by almarthins(m): 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
[quote author=Iyaebube post=125572108][/quote]

Huh! The matter strong.

Beginning dey ask am questions about the origin of his claims. Start from there first.

Make person no go get beta cane ontop the matter. Carefulness is what u need now!
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by safarifarms(m): 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
Address the issue with the teacher. If the teacher makes the correction, the problem will be solved.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Iyaebube(f): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Check your parenting skills again. You need to work on it.
My son of less than 3yrs was corrected by her mum yesterday in church, he started crying loudly, I looked at him from the altar, ensured our eyes met, and the noise went off.
There are some things he learnt outside that we have to adjust or remove, and we have never find it difficult in handling it

My son takes correction but doesn't want to be corrected in this issue. My husband said I should let him be but it's two weeks now but he hasn't stopped. I think Our mistake was making a joke out of if when he first said it
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by A112: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

absolute true
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Oluwatobiloba07: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
You're offending God by bitten the young pastor if your lineages, look how God go with you through his pregnancy, you almost look the child. Even you almost die. He's birth is the most hardest you encounter.

Just for God sake wear long clothes. Please stop bitten him because he has someone who is great than you in the realm.

Ask yourself ma, have you ever seen your mummy half naked or wearing shorts at home, yet she attractive you father.

Attractiveness is a thing of the mind, have a great and productive week ahead

Iyaebube:

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Iyaebube(f): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
Justkatty:
I believe you're being concerned because of the phrases "private part" he uses, it's ok to teach your kids about sex education and also good morals but the choices of words are supposed to suit their age for better understanding.
Flogging him, to me is not right
Instead guide him and make him see reasons why he shouldn't use some words that are not too okay for his age.
No be everything Cain supposed come in.
Let's be guided
I noticed even my little baby of 7months, if I shout at her for any reason, she doesn't feel good at all.

My only worries is he walked up to total strangers to tell them to cover their private part. He made a mess of my day yesterday.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by SmartyPants(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2023
For some reason your son sees his sunday school teacher as a higher authority than you.

1. Get the teacher to explain better to hin in your presence

2. Take steps to establish your authority
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Iyaebube(f): 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
Oluwatobiloba07:
You're offending God by bitten the young pastor if your lineages, look how God go with you through his pregnancy, you almost look the child. Even you almost die. He's birth is the most hardest you encounter.

Just for God sake wear long clothes. Please stop bitten him because he has someone who is great than you in the realm.

Ask yourself ma, have you ever seen your mummy half naked or wearing shorts at home, yet she attractive you father.

Attractiveness is a thing of the mind, have a great and productive week ahead

I'm modest in my dressing expect at home.
He is now conscious of entering my room this days. Before he comes in he will shout mummy are you naked? I want to come in🀦it's worrisome for him age
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Kemadealadire(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lol, you should probably teach him the parts of the body, let him know which parts are private and those that aren't.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Oluwatobiloba07: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
If all what I wrote above are correct, try to adopt and adapt

Iyaebube:

I'm modest in my dressing expect at home.
He is now conscious of entering my room this days. Before he comes in he will shout mummy are you naked? I want to come in🀦it's worrisome for him age
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Finestgurlie(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
DenreleDave:

I never born but u sef try dey cover your private part grin grin grin grin grin

Skyview01 UDUJ and nedekid may have sumtin to say about this
shatap
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Goodlady(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
PPIA:

He doesn't want his sister to become like IyaebeTheGreat, Siofra, JennyClay, Goodlady .

It's a good thing. 😎😎😎
Dog ll bite u dz week
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by dontrulee: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
The problem is that you're an adult and you've stopped reasoning like a child, you've lost your childlike spirit and innocence.

I relate more with children because I still retain my childlike spirit. Your child is 4 and he's transitioning into another phase of awareness and consciousness, disciplining him should be from a point of Love, reduced voice shouting to the barest minimum (though it appears to give a fast result but it's destroying the child's future in the background), ensure your communication is heartfelt i.e heart to heart communication and not just words of commands or rebuke all the time. If you want a child to change, you've to come down to the child's level and see from his/her perspective, a child can never see from the perspective of an adult, it's impossible but an adult can see from the perspective of a child because the adult was once a child.

In summary, your child is in the right path, what he's saying is not wrong even if you find it embarrassing, teach him what "private part" entails, tell him about modesty and dressing. The mistake many parents make is giving nicknames or less raw words to "private parts" telling them the real thing from a young age wouldn't corrupt them if you train them well.

If you chastise your son in the wrong way, trust me he'll remember this incidence when he's older and he'll find it difficult to implement such standard teaching like this one as he grows older. In the end, you're the one in custody of your child and you can train him as you deem fit but do not dampen the spirit of your child.

It's funny how many parents think they know how best to raise a child, you'll agree that your parents raised you well or maybe they didn't but they tried their best but despite that, you'll find defects in the way your parents raised you. You'll find mistakes if you're observant in the way your parents raised you. That's the same way your child will see your mistakes and errors in you raising them up, it's just the nature of Life. Raising children is unique and although there's a standard to aim at, the paths are different. Oh, how I love Children, such wonderful souls. grin grin
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by hahn(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
Experienced parents how will you handle your little ones misbehavior if you're in my shoes

You sef, cover your private parts na πŸ˜’
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by humblespirit: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ma , don't stop want God has started in your son.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Justkatty(f): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

My only worries is he walked up to total strangers to tell them to cover their private part. He made a mess of my day yesterday.
How close are you with his class teacher? let's start from there
If you're very close to her, because I believe children of that age bracket and mostly taught by female and children gets to see their teachers as the all knowing ones.
You can confide in her , I believe she can help you, since he seems not to really go well or understand yours clearly, that can also help.
God see us through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Woman Gives Birth During Her Baby Shower (Photos) / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.