Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This (27458 Views)

How Do I Help My Sales Girl? / My Son Lacks Concentration / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by HussenAdul: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
Why flashing ur private part to ur son?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by bolademi(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

What he does now is he doesn't allow us especially me to wear skimpy wear at home anymore.whenever I put it on he will be shouting mummy cover your "private part" even my last baby that's not up to 2 was playing with the sleeveless top she was wearing the chest was showing immediately my son started shouting baby cover your private part. The private part he use to shout instead of another word cover your body provoked me to flog him to stop using that word cos he's just 4.

The incident that happened yesterday made us speechless was my family n I went to have a nice time because since that last two Sunday my son haven't stepped out of the house. We decided to have fun yesterday only for my son to screaming mummy see this one she or he is showing there private part. It brought alot of attention to us that we quickly ended what we came out to do.

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?

Meet with the class teacher in church let him or her do the corrections

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by OlujobaSamuel: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Bombastic side eye. grin
On a serious note, i don't know why parents can not be able to control their kids at such age.
No vex o. Do you smack the child sometimes? I want to check something.
Only his mum does most times, I've spanked him just twice before, but still fears me more than his mum
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by aimmoney9: 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
Cook his best food for him or buy the sweets or snacks he loves eating, serve it to him,
while he is eating ask him do you like it?
Is it sweet? tell him you have a challenge or task for him that you don't think he can do it...... grin grin grin grin
Tell him that you want him to stop saying private part but "cover your body because of cold",that people need to cover their body because of cold, that that is the main purpose people wear clothes...... grin grin grin grin grin

That cover your private part is the word that motor park / people that did not go to school use, that it is a vulgar word, plus right in front of you make sure he repeats after you "cover your body because of cold or cover your body so that you will not catch cold" upto ten times........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

The word "catch cold" always sink into people his age memory well so use it..... grin grin grin grin

Plus at least twice in a day always ask him "why do people wear clothes ?" his answer should be because of cold. Then cover your body because of cold....... grin grin grin grin grin

If it does not work call me out for being fake on naira land.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by aimmoney9: 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

What he does now is he doesn't allow us especially me to wear skimpy wear at home anymore.whenever I put it on he will be shouting mummy cover your "private part" even my last baby that's not up to 2 was playing with the sleeveless top she was wearing the chest was showing immediately my son started shouting baby cover your private part. The private part he use to shout instead of another word cover your body provoked me to flog him to stop using that word cos he's just 4.

The incident that happened yesterday made us speechless was my family n I went to have a nice time because since that last two Sunday my son haven't stepped out of the house. We decided to have fun yesterday only for my son to screaming mummy see this one she or he is showing there private part. It brought alot of attention to us that we quickly ended what we came out to do.

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?
Cook his best food for him or buy the sweets or snacks he loves eating, serve it to him,
Is it sweet? tell him you have a challenge or task for him that you don't think he can do it...... grin grin grin grin
Tell him that you want him to stop saying private part but "cover your body because of cold",that people need to cover their body because of cold, that that is the main purpose people wear clothes...... grin grin grin grin grin

That cover your private part is the word that motor park / people that did not go to school use, that it is a vulgar word, plus right in front of you make sure he repeats after you "cover your body because of cold or cover your body so that you will not catch cold" upto ten times........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

The word "catch cold" always sink into people his age memory well so use it..... grin grin grin grin

Plus at least twice in a day always ask him "why do people wear clothes ?" his answer should be because of cold. Then cover your body because of cold....... grin grin grin grin grin

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Ten06(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Stop flogging the boy and cover your private part. God is using him
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
I was like your son too, when I was a little boy. Only that I wasn't the much vocal type. I took everything in the Sunday school too serious. Mean while there are other stereotypes out there .

JOKES;
Teacher; Kids! how many of you want to go to heaven ?
Teacher; Why are your hands not up like the others? Don't you wanna go to heaven?
Little boy: Our mummy said we should RUN back home straight after church.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by litaninja(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
You willingly carried him to where he'd be indoctrinated. You are back here complaining about it again?

Iyaebube:

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by fineberry(m): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sigh......the thing is; when you're trying to instill some principles or training to a little child, it is quite different from the way you deal with an adult.

I can relate with this op child attitude. When I was really young let say 6 or 7 years I watched one film back then that revolved around HIV/ AiD pandemic.....it symptoms, the gradual way its destroys it victim and all.

Do you know that after watching that movie, I stop behaving normal.....bcus it created this picture in my head that am slim, I might have contacted aids.....I was now secluding my self from my brothers nd sister infact everyone so that I don't infect them. There was a day I ask my twin if he didn't notice I was getting slimmer nd that I will die soon, That movie tormented my childhood.

Every morning I was expecting not to wake-up bcus I have aid..... that is why this movie censor people normally rate movie base on content (age grade), that stuff is not meant to prevent children from viewing adult scenes alone oo,. The truma is more than what I can reterate here, I'm not good at narrating story or events. Op that your child needs proper orientation asap, the children teacher in your church did not breakdown the lesson/ teaching properlly so that this kids will not misunderstand points.
Parent should desist from passing sensitive information to children it might av negative impact on their young mind. Peace
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Henrypraise: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

Its you who needed that scolding not your son,the boy has learnt what really is true, but because you prefer to stick to immodest dressings and the world around seems to be haywire, you want your son to be a conformist, whereas his path is to be a reformer...

It's your choice to be modest or immodest, don't change his destiny because you want to expose your flesh... allow his reformer zest build up inside him, don't infuse your own thought into him...
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Slynation(m): 11:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
ojun50:
Go back to the school teacher and explain tins to them and ask them to unteach that topic the proper wey
This is the comment I was looking for...!!
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by BALLOSKI: 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

The little man is saying the right thing. You just teach him how to say it properly and not to everyone.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Perseverance127: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2023
grin grin ;DI can't stop laughing here. This is so funny. I love that kid.
Iyaebube:

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Perseverance127: 12:17am On Sep 05, 2023
grin grin grin ; bro this is even getting me more amused. You must be a good teacher grin grin grin grin
aimmoney9:

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Unyimekelvin: 3:11am On Sep 05, 2023
Iyaebube:
My son have a loud voice
The way he shout about this private part is annoying
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by zedegit: 4:20am On Sep 05, 2023
Stevenbright:

He was given an half-baked information. That is people should dress modestly by covering up their private parts.

Now, you re-educate him in full what is the essence of that lesson. Tell him what is being referred to as private parts in the body and what parts of the body needs to be covered properly to dress modestly.

She's not the one to re-educate him since she's not a good role model for him. She dresses skimpily.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by GoodRocks: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2023
Iyaebube:
Experienced parents how will you handle your little ones misbehavior if you're in my shoes

Are you sure you're normal? Can you as an adult tell your fellow gender to dress decently? I bet you can't. But this is a young man speaking expressly on the need for your olosho gender to dress appropriately and cover up and yet you have a problem with it? If you see nothing wrong in sexualizing a little girl, why then is the demon in you trying to ude you to stop that young man from speaking the truth to this generation?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by GoodRocks: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2023
Iyaebube:
My son have a loud voice
The way he shout about this private part is annoying

You expected him to be timid and shy about it?
You think he is u who has probably slept with numerous guys before meeting the simp that married you? If e sure for you preach the way that young man is doing let's see! Na Olosho dey always feel embarrassed on things like this because it reminds them of their lives
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by maasoap(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2023
Lemos14:

He is a 4 year old lad. His brain has not developed. What do you expect please?
Yes, he's a kid. He has picked up a bad habit at Sunday school class. But doesn't mean you should see it as something that makes him unique and" destiny child", whatever that means.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2023
AllenSpencer:

You are talking about morals and etiquette's. That's the "UNIVERSAL" way that sells everywhere!

Teaching a kid who is yet to know his right from wrong is indoctrination. I "PERSONNALLY" belief my kids will get to find their religions has they grow up. In a world where multiple religions oppose each other about not being the way, I am not even 100% certain that my religion is the way., so why should I initiate them into my beliefs .
Because you're the parent. Unless you believe that your way or belief is not the right path. There are some things that could backfire if parents try to be too liberal or too extreme raising their kids. There is a need to maintain balance.
If you are a Christian, Muslim or whatever, I don't have problem with you raising your kids the same way. What I'm against is extremism or refusing to let them go their separate paths as adults if and when they're willing to.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by soundOsonic: 10:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Iyaebube:

Just do nothing, he will grow out of it.
They always do.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Pjoe238: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2023
Kindly see the Sunday school teacher to help you talk to him. He believe so much on what the Sunday school teacher taught him, he would also believe the Sunday school teacher if he or she advises him to stop using the words.

Iyaebube:
Experienced parents how will you handle your little ones misbehavior if you're in my shoes
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by kcbaba007: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
[quote author=Iyaebube post=125572108][/quote]

Your son is a destiny child, all you need to do is mould him into becoming what God has destined him to be. As a poster had rightly said, sit him down and let him know what private parts exactly is, and let him know what modest dressing is....
Also, your son is growing, he sees and learns from you and everything around him, you are no longer single, neither are you and your husband courting, you have new people in your lives now, skimpy wears should be restricted to your bedroom alone, except when it's just you and your husband at home
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Chigold101(m): 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
Iyaebube:
So for your mind what he does is misbahavior)
แปŒ dแป‹ mma
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by ghettochild(m): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
He shdnt go to Sunday school anymore..
Gradually he will forget it
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Segzy19: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
There is a big difference between proper teaching and brainwashing. Your son has not been properly taught but brainwashed. Take time to teach him properly and also watch out on other things they teach them and how they are being taught at the children service
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by ealtutu: 10:15am On Sep 14, 2023
The problem is the mode of teaching, the message is Good but the messager used a wrong method of passing the message, call the attention of the Sunday school teacher let him or her do the corrections kids believe what their teachers say than parents but 4 yes is too tender to digest that.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by sylvestersamuel(m): 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Taal17: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Iyaebube:

Private part for a 4yr old is perfectly appropriate.

Ask your child to tell you what areas of the body are considered 'private parts'
Let him know the teaching is for him to know that those areas are for him..that why they are private. Anyone touching him in a funny there should not.
However it's his own body he should be concerned about. That's all.
Soon you'll teach him to bath himself and cream his own body.
The lesson is for him to know what's inappropriate for others to touch on his body.
It's a lesson for helping children identify sexual abuse .

Stop flogging him, just tell him it's his own body he should be careful about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Woman Gives Birth During Her Baby Shower (Photos) / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.