Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This (27459 Views)

How Do I Help My Sales Girl? / My Son Lacks Concentration / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by matm: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Allow him to be.
Parents are traumatised at finding their kids doing daddy mommy adult thing.And urs is the opposite in d right direction and u are complaining.
Listen to ur kids and follow his teaching.God is talking to u through him.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by OlujobaSamuel: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

My son takes correction but doesn't want to be corrected in this issue. My husband said I should let him be but it's two weeks now but he hasn't stopped. I think Our mistake was making a joke out of if when he first said it
Just calm him and sit him down.
Don't correct him only when he is commiting the act. He might understand how important the situation is.
Btw, let him realized you (parents) are his ultimate teacher in all things, every other teacher is only present because you have to hustle for the family, so you still have a right to approve or disapprove of whatever he has learnt or learning
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by NinjaMetahuman: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
This is why it's dangerous to braonwash kids with religious mumbo jumbo at an early age.

Let the kids choose if they want to be religious or at the age they are mature enough to know their left from right.

That will solve a lot of problems in the world.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by SILVERLINES: 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

What he does now is he doesn't allow us especially me to wear skimpy wear at home anymore.whenever I put it on he will be shouting mummy cover your "private part" even my last baby that's not up to 2 was playing with the sleeveless top she was wearing the chest was showing immediately my son started shouting baby cover your private part. The private part he use to shout instead of another word cover your body provoked me to flog him to stop using that word cos he's just 4.

The incident that happened yesterday made us speechless was my family n I went to have a nice time because since that last two Sunday my son haven't stepped out of the house. We decided to have fun yesterday only for my son to screaming mummy see this one she or he is showing there private part. It brought alot of attention to us that we quickly ended what we came out to do.

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?

Before u know na him go like to knack girls pass
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by aprokopaydotng: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

What he does now is he doesn't allow us especially me to wear skimpy wear at home anymore.whenever I put it on he will be shouting mummy cover your "private part" even my last baby that's not up to 2 was playing with the sleeveless top she was wearing the chest was showing immediately my son started shouting baby cover your private part. The private part he use to shout instead of another word cover your body provoked me to flog him to stop using that word cos he's just 4.

The incident that happened yesterday made us speechless was my family n I went to have a nice time because since that last two Sunday my son haven't stepped out of the house. We decided to have fun yesterday only for my son to screaming mummy see this one she or he is showing there private part. It brought alot of attention to us that we quickly ended what we came out to do.

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?

Him papa never flog am...for now na only him mama dey flog am...when ever his father flog him please come back and update us
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by DarkJeddi(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lemos14:
Your son is a destiny child. If he can see wrong things at his tender age and correct them then he is not your regular Joe kind of child. He is unique
Nothing special..
Just another brainwashed child..
With religious mumbo jumbo..
Like any other religion brainwashed child..
It's what religion does..
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Helgreenluv(m): 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
Finestgurlie:
shatap

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by sisisioge: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Teach him the real private parts, the ages it becomes inappropriate to show them and how we respect other people with their personal choices so long as it doesnt affect us.

Na wa o. Trust the local church to overzealously teach halfway.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Elsueno: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lemos14:
Your son is a destiny child. If he can see wrong things at his tender age and correct them then he is not your regular Joe kind of child. He is unique

Nop, that's just pure brainwashing & steps to raise a religious fanatic. At his age, that kind of knowledge should not be ingrained into him as it would just mess him off. One of d reasons I so much dislike religious schools, not all of them teachers get sense enough to know what should be taught & at what age.

In case Ur wondering rescued small boko haram terrorists pikin behave in same way sha grin
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Lovelyn451(f): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
Abeg ignore him, it'll leave him, but e go last for sometime sha... grin but u need to stop pin pointing at it in the name of correction
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by BucketMan: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
ojun50:
Go back to the school teacher and explain tins to them and ask them to unteach that topic the proper wey
what has been taught cannot be untaught lol
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by AllenSpencer: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
Instill basic etiquettes and morals into your kids, and let them find and perceive God by themselves!

Parents need to stop indoctrinating kids into their own beliefs. That's how many became Christians and Muslims today.

An extremist in the making....Already attacking people based on his own beliefs.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by arantess: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:
Experienced parents how will you handle your little ones misbehavior if you're in my shoes
He's 4...
Flogging him is not the way, talk to him about it everyday.
He will surely listen
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by abba190: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

flog the hell outta him
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by maasoap(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

That's what religion's brainwashing does to people, young or adult.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by maasoap(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Instill basic etiquettes and morals into your kids, and let them find and perceive God by themselves!

Parents need to stop indoctrinating kids into their own beliefs. That's how many became Christians and Muslims today.

An extremist in the making....Already attacking people based on his own beliefs.

I think you are wrong about that. You have teach your kids your way and you don't have to be extreme about it, they can find different path when they become adults. If you are now talking about extremism, you're talking about something else entirely.
I'm sure that if you an atheist, you wouldn't want to take your kids to church or mosque.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by maasoap(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lemos14:
Destiny and unique by embarrassing strangers and his parents up and down, right?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by phemmyfour: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

Stop leaving teaching to teachers. Be the first teacher of your child. It's the duty of you and your husband to balance the teaching instead of flogging the poor boy
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by ThatFairGuy1: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
Is this really Worthy to ask!

Maybe
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by nurudeen181(m): 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

your defination or embarrassment is very ridiculous.... your son is perfect.. you're the problem and your husband is not a good father because he should have corrected you instead. all you need to tell the child is he's saying the truth and not everyone likes to hear it .. so he should only say the truth to his friends, families and close associates not strangers... and when he does to strangers you ask him if he knows them and where.. if where is not enough, you can scold him for talking to strangers
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by AllenSpencer: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
maasoap:

I think you are wrong about that. You have teach your kids your way and you don't have to be extreme about it, they can find different path when they become adults. If you are now talking about extremism, you're talking about something else entirely.
I'm sure that if you an atheist, you wouldn't want to take your kids to church or mosque.

You are talking about morals and etiquette's. That's the "UNIVERSAL" way that sells everywhere!

Teaching a kid who is yet to know his right from wrong is indoctrination. I "PERSONNALLY" belief my kids will get to find their religions has they grow up. In a world where multiple religions oppose each other about not being the way, I am not even 100% certain that my religion is the way., so why should I initiate them into my beliefs.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by eleniyan2020: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lemos14:
shatap... Africa mentality!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by winner37(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
This is to say not all education makes someone educated....

To me , there are some teaching a teacher shouldn't be exposing to children...
In this case who are we to be blame , the Sunday school teacher or the child who is doing what the teacher told him ?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by aklid(m): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
I really like this kid sha
At his age he already knows what’s right thing to do …
Make sure he becomes a pastor in the future
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Chukwunonso1: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
Only the Sunday School that implanted that can unlearn him peaceful.. go back to church and explain to the teacher... This is funny, I like ur boy😊
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Check your parenting skills again. You need to work on it.
My son of less than 3yrs was corrected by her mum yesterday in church, he started crying loudly, I looked at him from the altar, ensured our eyes met, and the noise went off.
There are some things he learnt outside that we have to adjust or remove, and we have never find it difficult in handling it
Bombastic side eye. grin
On a serious note, i don't know why parents can not be able to control their kids at such age.
No vex o. Do you smack the child sometimes? I want to check something.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2023
Iyaebube:

I'm modest in my dressing expect at home.
He is now conscious of entering my room this days. Before he comes in he will shout mummy are you naked? I want to come in
Are you serious?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Dbestbrest: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
You are lucky to have a son that is being brought up in the way of the Lord. You better continue to impact more moral teachings into him so that you can have a peaceful tomorrow. This is how I thought my 1st child and today, I am a proud father. Graduated at the age of 19, finished service at the age of 20 and earning a 6 digits salary at the age of 21. I enjoy peace like a river now because that path is what shaped her to become who she is today
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by EvangelistChuks(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sister what is your standard of moderation?Cos your son maybe right to some extent about your dressing.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by AsianTotal: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
Madam!! PLEASE COVER YOUR PRIVATE PARTS AND DRESS DECENTLY.
LEAVE YOUR SON ALONE..
Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by Lemos14: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
maasoap:

Destiny and unique by embarrassing strangers and his parents up and down, right?

He is a 4 year old lad. His brain has not developed. What do you expect please?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This by EndRape2(f): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
[You are not suppose to expose your body in present of that boy in the forst place, you have a male child already , your sexy dressing should end in your matrimony room, not even in the sisting rooom, cover your body, you are disturbing that boy mentally .

quote author=Iyaebube post=125571269]It started last two Sunday at the children's department. They were taught covering of the body as a child of God and ever since that day, my son has not remain the same again on his way of reasoning. My husband n I was all joking about it but it's getting out of hand the way my son is going about it

How do I handle this issue to clear it off his head cos I have spoken n spanked him to stop but this is what he refused to stop saying n is embarrassing. Of all they where thought in Sunday school, why did he chose this one to practically implement?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Woman Gives Birth During Her Baby Shower (Photos) / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.