Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? (56730 Views)

Nigerian Kidnap Gangs Drive Big-time Nigerian Farmers Away / Why Do Many Farmers Have Difficulty In Selling Their Produce? / Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by CaptainFM1: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Forget about farmers first. Make we first have organized elections and organized government. Once we achieve those two, everything else will be organized.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by sheflat: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
For where Boko haram dey and bad Belle terminate
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Their pest control must be top-notch
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by gabbytabby: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
They are in church asking for manna from heaven

Newton2024:
Pic1: Mango farm in Egypt

Pic2: Orange farm in Israel

The two countries are desert lands.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Perseverance127: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
True, Nigerians have a poor maintenance culture. No clean city, no
vanitybutiwanti:
Almost impossible , Nigerians are generally dirty, business owners and home owners rarely do maintenance on their properties, they wait for it deteriorate to a terrible state, businesses on the highways are unable to clean their premises or even build beautiful lawns or landscapes at the front of their properties. When the government set up task forces to enforce little changes, the people turn against the government and accuse them of trying to take away their source of livelihood. They are no exclusive places for buying and selling, everywhere in Nigeria is a market. It's so sad, no form of organization at all.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Malroux: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
Godsgift7837:
I am thinking of going into Animal farming but I have little of no knowledge about it.
You can ask someone in your area to train you on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by hush15: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Newton2024:

Nigeria as a country no dey organized. Ordinary election, they can't conduct...
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by patorial(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Who told you there's no such plantation in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by occfx: 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Newton2024:

Fulani janjaweedds and the Fulani herders will use there stupid cows and terrorists to destroy everything. Nigeria is not workable with the current arrangement. Let herders have there country and produce enough cows to feed the whole world while others have farms and produce food. Oil is a curse on the Niger royal company aka the zoo. May renewable come fast and dismantle the nonsense.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Allisgud: 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Na Fulani herdsmen go destroy everything with their cows
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Cantonese: 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Farms will no longer be like that.

Unfortunately herdsmen hid under the cover of Buhari’s government to perpetrate evil all over the nation. Now large swaths of lands have been taken over by herdsmen, terrorists, bandits and kidnappers. Farmers cannot confidently keep such sizes of lands without fear of being visited by those evil people.

In all, it falls on government. It is the responsibility of government to provide security for all. Unfortunately Nigeria has suffered from nonchalant leaders. Leaders whose only ambition is to enrich themselves with public funds. Hopefully one day Nigerians will be free from them all and have a working country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by EngGandalf: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
The difference is that whites always think big. Fortunately, they have resources to actualize their dream. 100 farmers in US can feed entire Nigeria.
CAP!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Maryam1234:

If we should take Ariel view of our farms in Nigeria you will discovered that it's very organized in photo.

I can assure you the physical view of those farms are not as the camera portray it to be.

I can assure its exactly the way it is. We don't use proper tractors in our farm that is part of the reason

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by allthingsgood: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Malroux:
Awesome to say the least. Farming de hungry me.

easier said than done
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
24YEARS OF WICKED,SELFCENTRED,CABALISM BAD LEADERSHIP AND MISTRUST AMONG NIGERIANS IS THE BANE OF THE PROBLEM,NOT RELIGION OR TRIBE.
1) YOU GIVE FARMER LOAN,HE USES IT TO FROLIC AND SQANDER THE FUNDS OVERSEAS ON CARREBIAN, EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN WOMEN ,IT INSTEAD OF USING IT TO ORGANIZE HIS FARM LIKE THIS.

2)RULERS AT FED STATE AND LG IN POWER MAKE ANTIBIZ POLICIES THAT CAUSES JAPA SYNDROME TOO, FRUSTRATING YOUNG FARMERS. angry
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by AntiTerrorist: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
blesdman:

U talk am. Na vision. Risopalm in Rivers State is also like this. Farmers in Nigeria are not ambitious as pastors to have large farms as they always think of big buildings. It is vision
You are very right!
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by ElSudani: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Herdsmen.

Before herdsmen nko? Africans will continue to starve and depend on others for food until we embrace modern agricultural practices. There's no way around it.
If Egypt can be self sufficient in fish production and and even have a lot left to export then Nigerians are not trying at all.
We need to get serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by henrimoto(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Maryam1234:

If we should take Ariel view of our farms in Nigeria you will discovered that it's very organized in photo.

I can assure you the physical view of those farms are not as the camera portray it to be.
Aunty Maryam, you see any fence demarcation for that first and second pic ?

You no see as large space take go...?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by frog12: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
ghana dey make chocolates.
but i agree blacks are terrible. always jealous of themselves and hinder progress of other blacks. they are their worst enemies.
obasanjo sell the refineries to make them work. yar adua enter and revise them. and where are we now? who dey suffer now? the entire nigerian people dey suffer now.

oglalasioux:
The black man can’t handle anything. Tell me one thing the black man can do;

Ghana gives cocoa to the world but can’t produce chocolate.

Nigeria has the best crude oil in the world but can’t refine even a litre of petroleum products.

The black man has a big problem.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by frog12: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
since independence, which black country can progress?? none. south africa has white brains behind it.

OKUCHI11:
the black person is very useless...they don't understand the world.... How can you tell me that for about 400 years since slavery the black people cannot build a single city around the world all what they do is to build churches and mosques up and down...

Black man is a disgrace to humanity... Nature rejects them...
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by NaziNaptu2: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
For a start, these two countries you mentioned have NO Terrorist Fulani herdsmen!
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by gbagyiza: 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
The truth is that Corruption, greediness & Lies will not allow us. We are not passionate about the growth of our country.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by nedekid: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
Malroux uupost=125576755:
Awesome to say the least. Farming de hungry me.
My brother, run ohh.
In the Nigerian context, farming is for old retired people, or those with excess money, farming just to say they are farmers.
You go into it as a means of sustainance, I assure you your friends wount recognize you after 1 year. Lol
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Malroux: 1:39pm On Sep 05, 2023
nedekid:

My brother, run ohh.
In the Nigerian context, farming is for old retired people, or those with excess money, farming just to say they are farmers.
You go into it as a means of sustainance, I assure you your friends wount recognize you after 1 year. Lol
It is not easy at all. Farming requires lots of money.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by HydraFeeds(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2023
Corrections:
They have financial and other forms of support from their governments.
do you know how much billions Nigeria government is pumping into agriculture yearly ,
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2023
SporaD8:

When your land is cursed blessed with free gift of nature - Nature already line our lands with Natural gas and oil - there is always this tendency to rest on your oars instead of pulling the plough!

They are blessed with brains , yet, they didn't rest.
Saudi, Qatar and co are blessed with the same oil and are far ahead.

Countries in Africa without oil are still resting on their oars.

The desert equivalents of Israel in Africa are still impoverished.

Stop blaming resources that were supposed to catapult you to the best as the cause of your issues.

USA has oil too , they are developed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by israelpalatoe(m): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
Newton2024:

Have you been to my Farm?
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Newton2024: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
henrimoto:
Aunty Maryam, you see any fence demarcation for that first and second pic ?

You no see as large space take go...?
She was comparing ant with elephant. I just ignore her.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by Newton2024: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
israelpalatoe:

Have you been to my Farm?
😅
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by GetSenseNow: 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
DonXavi:
This is the picture of Adam Palm in Imo state.
wow. I had no idea adam palm is this big
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by yusluvad(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Awesome! All I can say is the grass is greener on the other side! Na me know wetin I see sha!
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? by smileyoo: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
oglalasioux:
The black man can’t handle anything. Tell me one thing the black man can do;

Ghana gives cocoa to the world but can’t produce chocolate.

Nigeria has the best crude oil in the world but can’t refine even a litre of petroleum products.

The black man has a big problem.
is it a curse ? what is actually the problem of the black race ?
because the black race has been proven scientifically to be humans, just like every other human race.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Made In Anambra Cattle Hit Market - ABS (Photos) / Strange Bird From Germany Lands In Kebbi Fisherman’s Net - Photo / Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.