Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate (28587 Views)

Best Reactions From The Messi To PSG Transfer (Pictures) / Private Jets: Neymar Vs. Ronaldo Vs. Messi / Sir Alex Ferguson In Intensive Care After Brain Sugery As Sympathy Floods In(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2023
tochez24:

Lol.. it shall be well with you bros!!!

😆😆😀
Goan fix your life, comot my mentions

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Welcomme: 11:56am On Sep 05, 2023
Enthro:
Wasn't a Ronaldo fan until last season
Dude left man city wit classic players and still join clueless united and still had 18 goals haba
Stop comparing them
Messi got everything he had today through barca and since he left what's left of him
2 years in PSG wit only 6 goals

Nigerian league is even far rated than MLS 🙃🙃
You are a clown..In 2 seasons with PSG, Messi scored 32 goals and 35 assists in 71 appearance. So how did he flop with those number of goals and assist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by faebenezer5star: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2023
Allmiron:
Messi Wins 7 Ballon D'or - “Ballon D'or Is Rigged”

Messi Wins Copa America - “Copa America Is Rigged”

Messi Wins Finalissima - “Finalissima Is a Friendly Game”

Messi Wins WC Final - “World Cup Is Rigged”

Crazy How One Man Rigged Football
😂🐐

Y’all penadogs go cry boiling blood, una tears na eternal. Y’all just getting started it’s gonna be a long painful ride for all of una .

Auntysperrrrm butt your papa.
my friend is the highest governing body not FIFA ? Na fifa they run everything 😏
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by imbless: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2023
Enthro:
Dude left man city wit classic players and still join clueless united and still had 18 goals haba
Stop comparing them
Messi got everything he had today through barca and since he left what's left of him

Are u sure u dey watch football? Messi scored only six goals in 2yrs wtf are you smoking?
Messi scored 32 goals and 35 assist for psg

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by yankison(m): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2023
Una de talk trash bring Los Angeles vs best club in Saudi and see how LA we wipe them .. MLS is a very tough and strong league as well I bet most of you does not watch their matches sef .. Wetting Saudi de play I watch them very well

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by donmik: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2023
Ronaldo's got two feet; he's quick, great in the air, he's brave - Messi's brave, of course. I think Messi's a Barcelona player."

SAF, you lied cos you just hate a great challenge to your profession.
He scored you one of the most impossible air goal in 2009 and dusted you and my lovely great keeper,
Van Der Sar.

Go watch your UCL final of 2009 again

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Orimogunje51(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:

Ronaldo joined 2022, explain to us last time Al nasr won the league? Messi fans are just liars.

you don't just make inquiries but because of hatred you don't make inquiries to know facts before you comment.

who won Saudi league in 2021, and 2020?

op what form did Al Nasr loose here?

No be the same PSG wey lost league one trophy prior to the arrival of Messi we're also talking about? The truth is you penaldo fans are worse than we Messi fans since you are talking of hatred. We know what we face from you guys before Messi won international trophies for his national team

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by TheSuperX(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
tochez24:

You are a complete slowpoke!!!!

So you think MLS is a football league What happened when messi first went to PSG?🤣🤣🤣

Let me tell you the truth..... In a very competitive league, Messi wouldn't play jack⚠️⚠️💯 unlike Ronaldo who have conquered England, Italy, Spain and currently in Saudi Arabia. Messi only survived in Spain because he was a barca kid, and Barcelona as a team personally took interest in him and baby sitted him, bought football stars like inesta,xavi, bouquet, puyol, and many more to Coach him, while still favouring him in all matches, club decisions and player ratings till he was 35 years.

No one else in the history of football has gotten such attention from any club except Mbappe 😕

But Ronaldo on the other hand thrives in hardship, Ronaldo doesn't care about who likes him or dislike him, he just wanna play football and that's what has made him a star today.

Messi retired uncountable times in national team until he was promised a world cup by FIFA and Spanish football association which was later manipulated in his favour last year!!!!!

The world knows everything OGA😤
I can't believe someone can be this dumb, read what you typed again and ask yourself if you made any sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Emu4life(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:

Has Argentina not won world cup in even a more grand style than this fraud.

What has Portugal achieved in their history without Ronaldo? that's the real deal, not someone who gave what you already have
Does that stop him from scoring in a World Cup Knock out game toocheesy
Una think say na by Camping in 18 yard Box.
Portugal had a better squad going to the World Cup but Argentina had Messi. Same Messi that dragged a mediocre Argentine team to the World Cup Final in 2014.
The International Trophies Ronaldo won for Portugal, he did not win a single Tournament MVP. In other words, he was only Camping in the 18 feasting on other player's hardwork.
Watch Messi's highlights against teams in the World Cup, that's how to carry a team.
Messi is living Ronaldo's dreams cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by 12345baba(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Emu4life:
Of Course, Barcelona just won the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Dindirin
back to sender
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by donmik: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Allmiron:
to do what? He’s won everything there is to win in football. He was never going to leave Barcelona initially they forced him out. Penado should go and a World Cup knock out goal, after 20 years. What a failure..

I love this emotional moment, felt so sorry for CR that a great player like him will never have a world cup again as shown from this marching out parade
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
faebenezer5star:
my friend is the highest governing body not FIFA ? Na fifa they run everything 😏
typical Nigeria always have this mentality, that’s the reason most of una no progress in life. Shebi na fifa sha make Coman lose penalty in the final. Think before you type mor0n

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Orimogunje51(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:

Op he achieved nothing. Dmaria was the key. go and watch those games and see for yourself. even in the finals against Nigeria it was dmaria who scored that beautiful goal from outside the box to hand Argentina the trophy. including the world cup finals, dmaria changed the game for them. they know what he does, that was why he was rested until finals and he delivered.

You mean the frauds penalty kicks? 5 penalties in his 7 goals hahahah laughable. if it was Ronaldo you all will say all kinds of trashh..

Confirm that frauds goals against those south American teams, 90% came from friendlies.
more reason he's called king of friendlies.

his goals from competitive competition is not even up-to halve of ronaldo's goals in competitive tournaments. make enquiries and come back. I tell you facts.

RONALDO without penalties in international level still has 102 goals, help me confirm Messi without penalties in international level hahahah, king of penalties
Just like how they took the achievement of Eder for your Penaldo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by donmik: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:

Op he achieved nothing. Dmaria was the key. go and watch those games and see for yourself. even in the finals against Nigeria it was dmaria who scored that beautiful goal from outside the box to hand Argentina the trophy. including the world cup finals, dmaria changed the game for them. they know what he does, that was why he was rested until finals and he delivered.

You mean the frauds penalty kicks? 5 penalties in his 7 goals hahahah laughable. if it was Ronaldo you all will say all kinds of trashh..

Confirm that frauds goals against those south American teams, 90% came from friendlies.

his goals from competitive competition is not even up-to halve of ronaldo's goals in competitive tournaments. make enquiries and come back. I tell you facts.

RONALDO without penalties in international level still has 102 goals, help me confirm Messi without penalties in international level hahahah, king of penalties

The typical Nigerian Chelsea fan is a perpetual excuse finder.
If you know sports you know the rules as a sportsman and you don't find excuses

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Archworld(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Akacollins7:
I don't know how you people view league, after him leaving his mama home Barcelona where thing is throw/given to him to PSG, what happened with all the big players there at end he can't find his feet. And was throw out and no body talked about his spell in PSG. Now he find him self in a league of people that doesn't know there gender, you'll think is eleven men against eleven men, but it's seven female and four male in a team. It's an insulting to compare CR7 to him. Ronaldo have conquer many countries so. I'm not fan of any, truth be told. Even the world cup is still under questions

This is the worst and most biased analysis in the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by OJEEMAH(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:

has Di Maria ever outscored or assisted more goals in any tournaments they played since inception?

Scoring in finals alone does not make him a match or better than Messi except you want to tell me nothing else matter apart from scoring in finals.

Where was Di Maria when Messi scored a screamer against Mexico to give them hope of qualification?

Where was Di Maria when Messi scored the opener in the round of 16 against Australia?

Where was Di Maria when Alvarez scored Messi’s defence splitting pass against Netherlands in quarter final?

Where was Di Maria when Messi scored from the spot and humiliated Gvardiol to create the third goal for Alvarez against Croatia in the semis?

Where was Di Maria in Copa America before the final?

Where was Di Maria in Olympics before the final?

Argue with facts bro.
but France and England scoring 4 penalties in 2018 World Cup isn’t fraud?

70% of the competitive matches Ronaldo scored are qualifiers against minors like Luxembourg, Faroe island, Estonia, Gibraltar, Lithuania, Malta and many others.

If Messi had represented Spain, he would have scored 200 international goals against those teams.

Ronaldo participated in 14 international tournaments through his career. How many top scorer did he win?

Any best player award?

5 World Cup and no knockout goal till now
if I were you, I wouldn’t even start this comparison.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
donmik:

I love this emotional moment, felt so sorry for CR that a great player like him will never have a world cup again as shown from this marching out parade
A great player in your books, that’s your opinion. He didn’t score a World Cup knockout goal, how you wan expect make e win am. This is not euros championship. World Cup is the toughest football tournament. The last World Cup, his team were one of the favorites cos City boys full am. Yet they were knocked out by Morocco.
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by donmik: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Let me go out of this useless blabbing with unlearned folks.
I study sports and football in particular and I have an open mind of judgement as an umpire.
I take what the record says just after the final whistle!
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by NAC1666: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
AImiron:
Lionel Messi's consistent standout performances in the American continent are dispelling the reservations many people once had concerning the seven-time Ballon d'Or winner.

This shift also includes legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson's perspective in the context of comparing Messi to Cristiano Ronaldo.

As a result, Inter Miami have secured a spot in the CONCACAF Champions Cup by virtue of their qualification for the league's cup final, marking yet another groundbreaking achievement within the club's five-year history.

Proving himself beyond the comforts of Barcelona was a feat some questioned whether Messi could accomplish, even including the esteemed Sir Alex Ferguson among the sceptics.

Back then, Messi had solely represented one club, Barcelona, in La Liga. On the other hand, Ronaldo had an extensive history, playing for Sporting Lisbon in Portugal, Manchester United in England, Real Madrid in Spain, and Juventus in Italy.

Ronaldo's remarkable journey encompassed not only various countries and clubs, but his exceptional performance in each league underscored his extraordinary skill and adaptability, demonstrating his prowess across diverse countries and competitions.

Ferguson on Messi vs Ronaldo

According to The Mirror, Ex-Manchester United's iconic manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, shared his thoughts in 2015 on the highly debated Messi vs Ronaldo topic, stating:

"People say, 'Who is the best player in the world?' And plenty of people quite rightly say Messi - you can't dispute that opinion. But Ronaldo could play for Millwall, Queens Park Rangers, Doncaster Rovers… anyone, and score a hat-trick in a game. I'm not sure Messi could do it. Ronaldo's got two feet; he's quick, great in the air, he's brave - Messi's brave, of course. I think Messi's a Barcelona player."

MESSI PROVES SIR ALEX FERGUSON WRONG

The sheer numbers Messi has amassed since entering the league have shattered this notion.

Leo Messsi has played 11 matches for Inter Miami, the Argentine has netted 11 goals and provided 5 assists.

He also won league’s cup, he was the best player in the tournament and the first ever trophy for his new club. It should be noted that Inter Miami is worst team in the MLS before Messi joined them. Recently, they defeated the reigning champions of the MLS(LAFC) at home, the matched end 3-1.

Its a great feeling that SAF is alive to eat his words, this old man is a glorified local champion. He managed one club throughout his career, yet he has a problem with a player playing solely for a club. What an hypocrite!! This is the same Messi that cost his team 2 UEFA champions league finals.

SOURCE
Messi went to a league with low competitive clubs. I was expecting him to move to England or Italy. In France,he was a disaster
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by imbless: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:

Has Argentina not won world cup in even a more grand style than this fraud.

What has Portugal achieved in their history without Ronaldo? that's the real deal, not someone who gave what you already have
Bro Portugal won the euro without pendu.
How una take dey hype pendu is disgusting
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Faposky95: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
CR7 be 🐐 for real..... then MESSI is the mmeeehhhhhnnnnn!!!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by halton(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Legendary
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by hensben(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Enthro:
Stop comparing them

You renaldo fans talk from your anus, Messi scored 6 goals in 2 years for psg? Messi won everything for Argentina, right from junior level to senior and was the best player while at it is who you are comparing with Ronaldo. Is Argentina Barca too that he won everything with. When cr7 played for Man U they were the best in England, juve too, he played for top clubs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Kaido: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2023
Allmiron:
to do what? He’s won everything there is to win in football. He was never going to leave Barcelona initially they forced him out. Penado should go and a World Cup knock out goal, after 20 years. What a failure..
Gerarahia! grin

He didn't perform well in France.

I no dey argue about both of them again. They've played their roles and achieved lot of stuffs. Shikena
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by bbfanboy01: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bentonite1:
MESSI LEAVING HIS CONFORT ZONE BARCA TO PSG, FIRST SEASON 6 GOALS IN 27 GAMES.

MADE PSG LOOSE FORM, FROM BEING UCL RUNNER UP AND SEMI FINALISTS, TO FINISHING IN ROUND 16 OF UCL TWICE PESSI WAS PRESENT. MBAPPE OWNED HIM THROUGHOUT HIS ERA IN FRANCE. PSG HAD THE BEST SQUAD IN EUROPE BUT A DISGRACE WITH MESSI IN THEIR MIDST. WATCH PSG GO BACK TO THEIR FINE FORM WITHOUT THAT FRAUD.

HE KNOWS WITHOUT HIS BARCA TEAMMATES HE WON'T FLOURISH, MORE REASON HE BROUGHT ALBA, AND BOSQUET TO HIS TEAM, WHICH WERE VITAL TO HIM AT BARCA. SO NOTHING NEW.

RONALDO AT 36 WAS IN JUVENTUS, IN ITALY, ONE OF THE TOP 5 LEAGUES IN EUROPE. WON GOLDEN BOOT, CREATED HISTORY. SORRY RONALDO WASN'T IN MLS AT SUCH AGE.

THAT'S WHY HE'S FAR MUCH BETTER THAN PESSI.

RONALDO AT 38, WITH 4 MONTHS TO HIT 39, HELP US CONFIRM HIS NEW CLUBS TROPHY THEY JUST LIFTED, WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR THEM AGAINST THEIR GREATEST RIVAL. EVEN RONALDO TEAM HAD A RED CARD, STILL USED THE RED TO EQUALISE AND WIN THE GAME. RONALDO SCORING BOTH GOALS. RONALDO FINISHED AS TOP GOAL SCORER WITH 6 GOALS IN 6 APPS. WON GOLDEN BOOT. REMEMBER HE'S 38.

RIGHT NOW IN THE LEAGUE, RONALDO HAS 6 GOALS WITH 4 ASSISTS IN ONLY 4 GAMES PLAYED SO FAR.

CURRENTLY SAUDI LEAGUE IS RATED BETTER THAN MLS WHERE MESSI EXISTS.

SO WHATS YOUR POINT?

THIS IS A VERY POINTLES WRITE UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Abdulmumin412(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2023
Akacollins7:
I don't know how you people view league, after him leaving his mama home Barcelona where thing is throw/given to him to PSG, what happened with all the big players there at end he can't find his feet. And was throw out and no body talked about his spell in PSG. Now he find him self in a league of people that doesn't know there gender, you'll think is eleven men against eleven men, but it's seven female and four male in a team. It's an insulting to compare CR7 to him. Ronaldo have conquer many countries so. I'm not fan of any, truth be told. Even the world cup is still under questions
Did you know that the teams CR7 played for are the most successful clubs in their league except Al Nassr? Messi in other hand has never played for the most successful club in any of the league he has played in.
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by SalamRushdie: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
You can't use that scripted pink American league for such purpose abeg
Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kaido:

Gerarahia! grin

He didn't perform well in France.

I no dey argue about both of them again. They've played their roles and achieved lot of stuffs. Shikena
how well were you expecting him to perform? He should have forced psg to sell Mbappe and Neymar. I can bet my balls you always watch psg matches on livescores. He won 2 consecutive ligue one, Psg no smell the ligue before he joined. One screw don loose inside your brain.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
SalamRushdie:
You can't use that scripted pink American league for such purpose abeg
Have you cried today?

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by gurunlocker: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
Akacollins7:

I will ask you one simple question and please don't be bias with your response.

1) Messi at PSG, who was the main man?

2) If Ronaldo had gone to PSG, will he accept a backup role like Messi did?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
Faposky95:
CR7 be 🐐 for real..... then MESSI is the mmeeehhhhhnnnnn!!!!!
You’ll cry till death

Re: Lionel Messi Defies Sir Alex Ferguson's Theory In The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate by Allmiron: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
gurunlocker:

I will ask you one simple question and please don't be bias with your response.

1) Messi at PSG, who was the main man?

2) If Ronaldo had gone to PSG, will he accept a backup role like Messi did?
bro no Dey waste your time, those minions no get functional brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / N'golo Kante Purchases Belgian Third-tier Side Royal Excelsior Virton / Cristiano Ronaldo Charged By FA For Smashing Everton Supporter's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.