Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? (45623 Views)

El-Rufai & Amaechi vs El-Rufai & Wike - When Will They Learn? / Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary / Supreme Court Faults Self In Amaechi Vs Omehia Case 12 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kenmatt:

That was Minister of State.

Still minister with portfolio
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Keep quiet!!
You really think you're a smart Alec

Is the function of the transport minister or fct minister presiding over money? The answer is no.

So why are you using the money each ministry makes as a yardstick to determine which is better?

In terms of impact on national economy, transport ministry is far better. But your argument is placing fct above transport because of money available to the minister.

If its not looting, there's nothing that makes one ministerial position lucrative than the other since they basically earn the same thing.

As a matter of fact, in terms of earning, transport can potentially earn more than fct based on travels both within and outside the country while fct minister is stuck in Abuja basically.

Yet you think fct is better based on revenue available.

You fool no one

Are you properly educated?!

lucrative
/ˈl(j)uːkrətɪv/
adjective
producing a great deal of profit.

Someone asked a very simple question on profitabilty, Economic feasibility of two ministry

Your own warped mind can only think of which is more corrupt
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by arantess: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg:
Amaechi vs Wike`s Portfolio which one is more Lucrative and Powerful.

Former Governor Amaechi used Rivers State money for Buhari`s election for appointment as Minister of Transport in former President Buhari`s Administration 2015 - 2023 and in this present Tinubu Administration Former Governor Wike used Rivers State Votes to get Minister of FCT ABUJA.

Some people were arguing between Amaechi and Wike whose portfolio is more Lucrative and Powerful.

Please house I need your input in this argument, in my opinion I told them that Minister of FCT is more lucrative and Powerful than Minister of Transport because FCT Minister is working directly with the president in Abuja and also he is like a Governor and he has yearly budget like Governors every year.
what a pity really, this is what reasonable people should argue about?

how about which developmental strides and good governance?

too bad
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Coolgent(m): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg:

Former Governor Amaechi used Rivers State money for Buhari`s election for appointment as Minister of Transport in former President Buhari`s Administration 2015 - 2023 and in this present Tinubu Administration Former Governor Wike used Rivers State Votes to get Minister of FCT ABUJA.

Some people were arguing between Amaechi and Wike whose portfolio is more Lucrative and Powerful.

Please house I need your input in this argument, in my opinion I told them that Minister of FCT is more lucrative and Powerful than Minister of Transport because FCT Minister is working directly with the president in Abuja and also he is like a Governor and he has yearly budget like Governors every year.

With due respect...
You need to change your mindset and the type of people you are associating with or better set your argument on productive hustles.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

Are you properly educated?!

lucrative
/ˈl(j)uːkrətɪv/
adjective

Someone asked a very simple question on profitabilty, Economic feasibility of two ministry

Your own warped mind can only think of which is more corrupt
You keep digging yourself deeper
If its about profitability, what does the budget have to do with it? Is budget a profit?
You posted a screenshot showing former NPA head saying Amaechi asked her for money. Is that part of the profitability?
I'm not sure you're thinking straight presently
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by BALLOSKI: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

NIMASA and NPA have DG..

Hadiza Bala Mohammed didn't give Ameachi one kobo as NPA boss even after all Ameachi's cries

Amaechi was a super minister under Buhari because Buhari loves him.

What Hadiza said is about gift and not remittances. Amaechi had NIWA, shippers council, NIMASA, NPA, RAILWAY, and partly control the aviation side in the first tenure of Buhari because Sirika was like under his cover and management. It was in the 2nd tenure that they wrestled aviation from his control.

Didn't Amaechi axe Hadiza out of the system? You know the boss.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

You keep digging yourself deeper
If its about profitability, what does the budget have to do with it? Is budget a profit?
You posted a screenshot showing former NPA head saying Amaechi asked her for money. Is that part of the profitability?
I'm not sure you're thinking straight presently

You bias so much cloud your thinking that you now seem so bitter... People having good conversation you are here acting primitive with sentiments acting pained

Abeg make your own comment if you were intelligent and stop saying shit behind my back to random users

Have simple dignity
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
BALLOSKI:
Amaechi was a super minister under Buhari because Buhari loves him.

What Hadiza said is about gift and not remittances. Amaechi had NIWA, shippers council, NIMASA, NPA, RAILWAY, and partly control the aviation side in the first tenure of Buhari because Sirika was like under his cover and management. It was in the 2nd tenure that they wrestled aviation from his control.

Didn't Amaechi axe Hadiza out of the system? You know the boss.

But all the money goes to TSA and CBN directly not Ameachi

While Wike would single handedly manage FCTA account
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

You bias so much cloud your thinking that you now seem so bitter... People having good conversation you are here acting primitive with sentiments acting pained

Abeg make your own comment if you were intelligent and stop saying shit behind my back to random users

Have simple dignity
You impress no one.
The dude praising you even alluded to the corrupt undertone in your assessment so keep hiding behind a finger
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

You impress no one.
The dude praising you even alluded to the corrupt undertone in your assessment so keep hiding behind a finger

Bitter human
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by highchief1: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
ShoeWorld1:
I am so sorry to say this, Nigeria have a lot of ignorant people and you are one of them.

Just look at how the guy who knows nothing is quoting fake and unrealistic budget figures and you clapping and dancing instead of you running a small Google search.

Even under the capital expenditure budget, no ministry gets a 300b allocation.
I would have lectured you both further but I can see you guys don't want to learn so I won't waste my time.
we want to learn,lecture us
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by highchief1: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Well, I won't
And you shouldn't either
That's what is killing this country
Don't you want the country to make headway?
no
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

Bitter human

Kindly explain what makes me bitter
Your obvious shallow understanding of English or your glorification of corruption?
You need sense urgently
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
highchief1:
no
Exactly
So we shouldn't glorify corruption of our political elites who ruin this country and provide safe havens for themselves and families abroad
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Triplerg: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Keep quiet!!

Is the function of the transport minister or fct minister presiding over money? The answer is no.

So why are you using the money each ministry makes as a yardstick to determine which is better?

In terms of impact on national economy, transport ministry is far better. But your argument is placing fct above transport because of money available to the minister.

If its not looting, there's nothing that makes one ministerial position lucrative than the other since they basically earn the same thing.

As a matter of fact, in terms of earning, transport can potentially earn more than fct based on travels both within and outside the country while fct minister is stuck in Abuja basically.

You fool no one
Air travel is NOT under the ministry of transportation. I don't like this thread one bit.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Triplerg:
Air travel is NOT under the ministry of transportation. I don't like this thread one bit.
I'm not talking of air travels but his official travels as minister. The minister of transport will represent Nigeria in different maritime and transport fora worldwide while he'll transverse the country inspecting projects. This will translate to more estacode and allowances for him than the fct minister who is basically stuck in abuja
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Cmanforall: 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Trustmea:

Lucrative in financial embezzlement
That's corruption
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by tctrills: 1:23am On Sep 06, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg:

Beer palor gist
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 6:32am On Sep 06, 2023
If it is a beer parlour gist or not, I believe you must have learnt one thing or the other from the topic, you must not like all the topics that you see on Nairaland but there are some people that like this topic because of the role these 2 former Governors played in this past administration and this current administration.

tctrills:

Beer palor gist
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by tctrills: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg:
If it is a beer parlour gist or not, I believe you must have learnt one thing or the other from the topic, you must not like all the topics that you see on Nairaland but there are some people that like this topic because of the role these 2 former Governors played in this past administration and this current administration.

There is nothing to learn from posts like this.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Psoul(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg:

Please house I need your input in this argument, in my opinion I told them that Minister of FCT is more lucrative and Powerful than Minister of Transport because FCT Minister is working directly with the president in Abuja and also he is like a Governor and he has yearly budget like Governors every year

So, you're interested in which of the Ministers will make more money than the other and who is more powerful.

You're not interested in what they will achieve that will help the country and her citizens.

Have you seen why it will be difficult for us to move forward in this country.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Millimann: 8:24am On Sep 06, 2023
Madeu:

As the FCT minister, Wike can identify all properties bought with stolen Rivers money and demolish it to deal with 'political enemies'. By destroying their wealth means they can be bankrupt . That brings all Wike's 'political enemies' under his wings.
How can a minister of transport destroy wealth of his 'political enemies?
You have a point, but FCT is not the only place where his political enemies bought properties. And I don't think the FCT minister has absolute powers to demolish any property in FCT. If they do, then only supporters of the ruling party will have properties in Abuja.

Drbarmes:

i dont understand this ur comment. wike was the most popular governor in Nigeria during PMB. if wike had worked for PDP he wouldn't have rigged
Your comment suggests that PDP is popular in Rivers, not Wike. If he is popular the masses would go with him wherever he goes, the way they followed Obi to Labour Party, a hitherto unknown party.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by HRMK: 10:16am On Sep 06, 2023
WIKE'S APPOINTMENT IS BETTER AND MORE RESPECTABLE!AND NOT NECESSARILY MORE LUCRATIVE!!
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
If you don't like any topic, just remain silent and go to the next topic. You must not comment in every topic.

arantess:

what a pity really, this is what reasonable people should argue about?

how about which developmental strides and good governance?

too bad
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by DonroxyII: 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
Dreal1247:
Until we are able to change our mentality towards governance, government and appointments, we should not expect a better society. Nobody is concerned about the delivery of the dividends of democracy but everyone is just concerned about the personal benefits instead of the general wellbeing of the masses and the society at large.
You Can't rule this out in any human society ...

If you want serious discussion on Nigerian Political Affairs, Go to Twitter(Village People Ain't On Twitter Yet)

But Facebook or Nairaland is your normal Daily Nigerian Street to Catch Nigerian Vibes like You are On Newspapers Joint or Iyabasira restaurants abi Palmwine joints with Ayo/Drafts on the Go....

No dey stress like that ... na weyrey place be here.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2023
Kukutente23:

Keep quiet!!

You fool no one
You caught him being clever by half. See the way he was shifting the post and dribbling the questions, when it was revealed that he meant lucrative in the " juicy '' position narrative. For embezzlement and for monies at their dispense.

Clever but not so clever, he is.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2023
iammo:

That's your own Interpretation

My own is lucrative
/ˈl(j)uːkrətɪv/
adjective
Lies.. stories.. be twisting it cleverly.
You were already caught. If given the same official capacity to govern, it's a 100% certain that you would loot public funds. Your post has shown this.
Now, take that BS somewhere else. You aren't talking to you kids in elementary school who couldn't decipher your narrative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igboho Wept Like A Child, His Wife Was Crying Too - Lawyer / Sit-At-Home: Aba Roads Deserted As Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court (Pics & Video) / Sex Starvation Made Me Plan Husband’s Abduction – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.