Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? (45626 Views)

El-Rufai & Amaechi vs El-Rufai & Wike - When Will They Learn? / Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary / Supreme Court Faults Self In Amaechi Vs Omehia Case 12 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Menclothing: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
Lolz
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by 9Mumu: 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

Figures don't lie Abuja has Internally Generated Revenue of 200 billion anually, 600 billion budget from federal allocation

Ministry of transport makes nothing as Ministry of Finance handles Customs and clearance, INTELS remittance , their budget is even less than 100 billion

As minister you go chop contractor kickback tirešŸ¤£ God help my country.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kenmatt(m): 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
I did go through.

One thing you all need to understand is; Amechi is "Messi" Wike is "Ronaldo".

Wike is comparing himself to Amechi while Amechi does his thing.

Amechi became Governor two times and controlled Rivers Politics, Wike tried the same.

Amechi Contested for President, Wike did the same.

Amechi became Minister, Wike "hustled" himself in to Ministerial Position.

Amechi was a Pal to Buhari, Wike wants to be a Charm to Tinubu, even when he is not in the same Party with Tinubu.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by sageb: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
oyeb15:
One BUILD while d other Destroys.

Ameachi revived the railway sector in Nigeria to d extent that people prefer rail to land. Tickets became scarce due to large numbers of commuters. A very intelligent fearless ,calm but rule with iron fist.

Wike--- a loose barrister that behave like a toddler boast around about destroying peoples houses as if he's d first FCT minister to be. Government can't give people accommodation in Abuja. No housing Scheme for workers . The little become expensive and unaffordable . Wike--- will end up like Bola Ige

You nailed it
Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the Lion of Ubima cannot be compared with the Rumuepirikom Drunken masteršŸ˜‚.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
highchief1:
u know too much.who Dey follow u argue na goat.
Why are you licking his ass
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Halo22: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
Some people are bereft of common Sense. A minister of transportation for the whole country is far more lucrative financial wise than the minister for FCT, u know why, everything about FCT ministry circles round the Abuja metropolis and its environment, but minister of transportation oversees both road, rail and maritime when it comes to transportation. Don't forget during Amaechi's tenure, Aviation never had any senior minister but a Junior minister (Hadi Sirika). So Rotimi was overseeing everything. As for Wike, remember the President and the Senator representing FCT would always checkmate him.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Pascaldebravoo: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dreal1247:
Until we are able to change our mentality towards governance, government and appointments, we should not expect a better society. Nobody is concerned about the delivery of the dividends of democracy but everyone is just concerned about the personal benefits instead of the general wellbeing of the masses and the society at large.

You dey mind them. People where them don use their brain for coven.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Af0nja: 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

English man ... Simple English

Lucrative means Profitable, profit mean cash flows

What concerns lucrativeness with a ministerial position?? Is it a business?? All these kids sef
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by olancho: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Minister for Transport a super minister while Minister of FCT is just like a local government chairman. They have used Wike like tissue paper. Wharf, railway and MC Oluomo is under ministry of transportation.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
9Mumu:
As minister you go chop contractor kickback tirešŸ¤£ God help my country.

Na šŸ˜ atleast 10% of the contract sum... You no pay forget contract

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by highchief1: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Why are you licking his ass
because he knows what we donā€™t know.he educated me.I hope itā€™s not a problem to honor whom honor is due.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by YouandiAllofus: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
The minister of the fct acts as a governor and as such is saddled with more responsibilities and covers more areas as enshrined in the concurent list.
Some of such areas include transportation itself, education, eletricity (on approval), health and others.

This should ordinarily attract a better budget allocation as compared to that of the ministry of transport whose core area is limited to transportation although on a national scale.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
highchief1:
because he knows what we donā€™t know.he educated me.I hope itā€™s not a problem to honor whom honor is due.
Not really a problem but I don't think he's giving any good education worth honoring.
He's discussing who has the latitude to loot more. Is that good education in your estimation?
Are you planning to loot someday
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Elibaba1: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
Is NIMASA, Nigeria rail way corporation and Port Authority a joke to you? This are juicy and top revenue generating agencies that are directly under you as Transport Minister. I donā€™t think FCDA and FCTA agencies under ministry of FCT can match those I listed in the transport fora.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kenmatt:
I did go through.

One thing you all need to understand is; Amechi is "Messi" Wike is "Ronaldo".

Wike is comparing himself to Amechi while Amechi does his thing.

Amechi became Governor two times and controlled Rivers Politics, Wike tried the same.

Amechi Contested for President, Wike did the same.

Amechi became Minister, Wike "hustled" himself in to Ministerial Position.

Amechi was a Pal to Buhari, Wike wants to be a Charm to Tinubu, even when he is not in the same Party with Tinubu.

Wike was a Minister under Jonathan
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Cmanforall: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Trustmea:

Hmmm I will rather touch more money than life, minister of fct is far more lucrative no compare
Lucrative in what way?
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Not really a problem but I don't think he's giving any good education worth honoring.
He's discussing who has the latitude to loot more. Is that good education in your estimation?

Really someone asked a question, u gave an analysis based on my opinion just to give information... Now my information is bad education and suddenly you try to include looting from no where in a comment without anything relating to looting

Just look at yourself in the mirror

Ask yourself if karma happens and someone flips your opinion how will you feel

Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

Really someone asked a question, u gave an analysis based on my opinion just to give information... Now my information is bad education and suddenly you try to include looting from no where in a comment without anything relating to looting

Just look at yourself in the mirror

Ask yourself if karma happens and someone flips your opinion how will you feel

Stop being clever by half.
You compared both based on the money they make and which of it is available to the minister.
What exactly is the education about if not who is going to have access to loot?
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Stop being clever by half.
You compared both based on the money they make and which of it is available to the minister.
What exactly is the education about if not who is going to have access to loot?

Your mind is so corrupt that's why you think every money that passes through a Ministers desk is looted

Work on your mindset dude and stop going behind people to talk trash based on your insecurity and bias
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by highchief1: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

lol.why I no go looot.wonā€™t u loot if in office,
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by EngGandalf: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dreal1247:
Until we are able to change our mentality towards governance, government and appointments, we should not expect a better society. Nobody is concerned about the delivery of the dividends of democracy but everyone is just concerned about the personal benefits instead of the general wellbeing of the masses and the society at large.
Everyone wishes for this.. but reality is different.. our wish is not real life.. itā€™s just imagination.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by YellowbaMoslem: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:
cool

We have to compare their budgets...

Minister of Transport gets money through estacodes and travel allowance

Minister of FCT makes money from Internal Generated Revenue from Abuja resident

So minister of FCT is making Money, instead of working for Nigeria?

Which USA political post is more lucrative?

Na una dey make other Nigerians look us as if we Yoruba muslims are dumb.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Trustmea: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
Cmanforall:

Lucrative in what way?

Lucrative in financial embezzlement
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
YellowbaMoslem:

So minister of FCT is making Money, instead of working for Nigeria?

Which USA political post is more lucrative?

Na una dey make other Nigerians look us as if we Yoruba muslims are dumb.

šŸ¤” US Secetary of state lobby and their foundation get funding as donation, they get paid salary in excess of $200,000 and many of them are indicted of getting contract kick back

So before you village man lick oyinbo ass, try travel out first
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
highchief1:
lol.why I no go looot.wonā€™t u loot if in office,
Well, I won't
And you shouldn't either
That's what is killing this country
Don't you want the country to make headway?
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by YellowbaMoslem: 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

šŸ¤” US Secetary of state lobby and their foundation get funding as donation, they get paid salary in excess of $200,000 and many of them are indicted of getting contract kick back

So before you village man lick oyinbo ass, try travel out first

Lobby
Donation
Salary

None of these three sounds like embezzlement.

200k Dollars salary? Common! Even Surgeons makes more than that.

Wike would use that to drink whiskey.. soo?
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by ShoeWorld1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
highchief1:
u know too much.who Dey follow u argue na goat.
I am so sorry to say this, Nigeria have a lot of ignorant people and you are one of them.

Just look at how the guy who knows nothing is quoting fake and unrealistic budget figures and you clapping and dancing instead of you running a small Google search.

Even under the capital expenditure budget, no ministry gets a 300b allocation.
I would have lectured you both further but I can see you guys don't want to learn so I won't waste my time.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
YellowbaMoslem:

Lobby
Donation
Salary

None of these three sounds like embezzlement.

200k Dollars salary? Common! Even Surgeons makes more than that.

Wike would use that to drink whiskey.. soo?

So what got embezzlement into my comment?! Where exactly did you see embezzlement
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kukutente23: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

Your mind is so corrupt that's why you think every money that passes through a Ministers desk is looted

Work on your mindset dude and stop going behind people to talk trash based on your insecurity and bias
Keep quiet!!
You really think you're a smart Alec

Is the function of the transport minister or fct minister presiding over money? The answer is no.

So why are you using the money each ministry makes as a yardstick to determine which is better?

In terms of impact on national economy, transport ministry is far better. But your argument is placing fct above transport because of money available to the minister.

If its not looting, there's nothing that makes one ministerial position lucrative than the other since they basically earn the same thing.

As a matter of fact, in terms of earning, transport can potentially earn more than fct based on travels both within and outside the country while fct minister is stuck in Abuja basically.

Yet you think fct is better based on revenue available.

You fool no one
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by YellowbaMoslem: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

So what got embezzlement into my comment?! Where exactly did you see embezzlement

Any lucrative office in Nigeria is equivalent to embezzlement.

I asked you to tell me a lucrative post in USA and you mentioned 200k wey teenagers dey pick for street. Nawa oo
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by Kenmatt(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:

Wike was a Minister under Jonathan

That was Minister of State.
Re: Amaechi Vs Wike's Ministerial Portfolio: Which One Is More Lucrative & Powerful? by iammo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
YellowbaMoslem:

Any lucrative office in Nigeria is equivalent to embezzlement.

I asked you to tell me a lucrative post in USA and you mentioned 200k wey teenagers dey pick for street. Nawa oo

That's your own Interpretation

My own is lucrative
/Ėˆl(j)uĖkrətÉŖv/
adjective
producing a great deal of profit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falaeā€™s Farm - VANGUARD / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline / Soldiers Carry Out Sanitation Exercise In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.