Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) (28323 Views)

President Tinubu And King Charles In Group Picture With Other World Leaders / Tinubu In India. Meets With Indian Billonaire, Gopichand Hinduja / President Tinubu Recieves In Audience, Former President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by RenaissanceGuy: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
plaindealer:

So, because we have gold, we should never look for FDI in other areas...

I guess developed countries attained development because of a single resource.

I was not referring to the literal gold buried under the ground. We've not been able to engage in massive industrial scale agricultural revolution powered by the FG but anchored by the private sector, but we keep chasing after foreigners to come and establish industries in Nigeria. It's futility. FDI is not the answer to Africans' poverty. China pulled itself out of poverty lifting hundred of millions out of poverty through agriculture, not cutlass and hoe type practiced in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by plaindealer: 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
I was not referring to the literal gold buried under the ground. We've not been able to engage in massive industrial scale agricultural revolution powered by the FG but anchored by the private sector, but we keep chasing after foreigners to come and establish industries in Nigeria. It's futility. FDI is not the answer to Africans' poverty. China pulled itself out of poverty lifting hundred of millions out of poverty through agriculture, not cutlass and hoe type practiced in Nigeria!

No country can survive economically without investments and job creation, this is why leaders all over the world lobby other countries for investments and contracts for MEGA projects on behalf of their own local industries, this is also why countries all over the world stage trade summits and send trade ambassadors to other countries for FDI.

Btw, regardless of whatever resources we have buried in the ground, we still need FDI to explore and tap the resources.

Btw, China is where it is today because it opened its doors to American and European countries to invest and transfer technology, not the other way around.

Nearly all the major American and European countries are in China today, name them, they are in China and it's called FDI.

What we need to be like China is FDI and TECH transfer.

Elevate above your menial and elementary thinking.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by raskymonojendor: 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
That's what I am talking about. So Presidential.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by RenaissanceGuy: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2023
plaindealer:

No country can survive economically without investments and job creation, this is why leaders all over the world lobby other countries for investments and contracts for MEGA projects on behalf of their own local industries, this is also why countries all over the world stage trade summits and send trade ambassadors to other countries for FDI.

Btw, regardless of whatever resources we have buried in the ground, we still need FDI to explore and tap the resources.

Btw, China is where it is today because it opened its doors to American and European countries to invest and transfer technology, not the other way around.

Nearly all the major American and European countries are in China today, name them, they are in China and it's called FDI.

What we need to be like China is FDI and TECH transfer.

Elevate above your menial and elementary thinking.

LOL. And you think your opinion is superior because you're able to call someone else's elementary??
I still stand by my earlier statement that Africa is chasing futility. South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore that were on the same economic level with us in the 1960s have left us behind through homegrown economic planning, research and introspection, while we continue to go on a wild goose chase thinking that our salvation is in Asia, Europe and America.
plaindealer:

So,this Indian industrialist is trying to invest his billions in Nigeria and create jobs and we are supposed to say no and reject his money and investment and billions and simply tell him him that we don't need his money and investment because we have resources.?

Do you not see how mentally incompetent, vacuous and handicapped you sound?

You are obviously not the sharpest knife in your village.

Stop deceiving yourself by twisting my words. I never said we should reject investment. My stance is condemnation of Africas' dogged belief that every Africa can only become prosperous when people from other countries come to establish industries in Africa, as if that was how UK, US, Australia, France built prosperity for their citizens. Whatever subtle insults you're throwing at me goes back to you a million fold, because I don't do gutter exchange.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by fuckJones(f): 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:
They just published this news to praise this old man because he flew in comfort for 15 hours and didn't break his spinal cord for sitting in a plane, grin
Instead he arrived and successfully shook the hands on an Indian in India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ

What an achievement grin
masturbating is killing you slowly

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by GeneralPula: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
โ€œWe believe in you as a leader who has done this before. You know what the challenges are. You know how to fix them. We are going to make investments into the billions of dollars under your leadership because we see you are already addressing the systemic problems. I am ready now to sign an MoU and to begin execution. You tell me who to liaise with and we will get to work immediately, particularly concerning bus and automobile manufacturing in Nigeria, amongst other areas,โ€ the Industrialist enthusiastically stated.

So thrilling to read..

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by plaindealer: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
LOL. And you think your opinion is superior because you're able to call someone else's elementary??
I still stand by my earlier statement that Africa is chasing futility. South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore that were on the same economic level with us in the 1960s have left us behind through homegrown economic planning, research and introspection, while we continue to go on a wild goose chase thinking that our salvation is in Asia, Europe and America.

So,this Indian industrialist is trying to invest his billions in Nigeria and create jobs and we are supposed to say no and reject his money and investment and billions and simply tell him him that we don't need his money and investment because we have resources.?

Do you not see how mentally incompetent, vacuous and handicapped you sound?

You are obviously not the sharpest knife in your village.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by IjebuWarrior: 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:
Respected president, his Excellency Bola Tinubu

With Tinubu's presidency, no doubt better Nigeria ahead

E no go well for you ooo angry
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
He didn't travel to g20 summit.He is avoiding the PEPT compromised verdict.
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Omoawoke2(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
This bros no dey suffer jet lag
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
That handshake looks like that one that killed abacha
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by FreeStuffsNG: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Undeterred by jetlag from a long intercontinental journey, President Bola Tinubu, on Tuesday, arrived in New Delhi to the immediate embrace of Mr. Gopichand Hinduja, the Chairman and CEO of the Hinduja Group of Companies, a conglomerate with a total asset portfolio exceeding $100 billion U.S. Dollars.

The Indian Industrialist was received by the President within 90 minutes of the Presidentโ€™s arrival in India for a meeting, which began around 8:00 pm local time
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Ahigbo1: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jeon:
Congratulations ๐ŸŽŠ

The best president ever!.

What!
This level of sycophancy is supersonic
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Larryndelaw: 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:
They just published this news to praise this old man because he flew in comfort for 15 hours and didn't break his spinal cord for sitting in a plane, grin
Instead he arrived and successfully shook the hands on an Indian in India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ

What an achievement grin
Lamentation of solomon
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by ElSudani: 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2023
GeneralPula:
โ€œWe believe in you as a leader who has done this before. You know what the challenges are. You know how to fix them. We are going to make investments into the billions of dollars under your leadership because we see you are already addressing the systemic problems. I am ready now to sign an MoU and to begin execution. You tell me who to liaise with and we will get to work immediately, particularly concerning bus and automobile manufacturing in Nigeria, amongst other areas,โ€ the Industrialist enthusiastically stated.

So thrilling to read..

Absolutely, Nigeria had no business with poverty. We only need leaders who are ready to take bold steps.
We don't need leaders who would lull Nigerians into a false sense of comfort by pacifying them with destructive policies like the fuel subsidy which doesn't even benefit the most needy Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by boxypane(m): 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2023
Some set of miscreants online just want this country to fail. For your info, tribunal judgement shall not go against PBAT, wailers shall wail and whatever negativity you wish on this country shall happen solely on your heads.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Larryndelaw: 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

Slow down and enjoy a beer boy, before you develop HBP. Dollar is already #965 in Lagos
you dey sell Gala for uder bridge and you are still complaining about dollar. Wetin concern Agbero with Overload? Abeg move and carry your frustration somewhere. You can go to Umunede and be waiting for your messiah Obi to be your president. Your OBi will never be president of Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Bintasukai: 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
successmatters:

What an achievement grin

Inste of you to be packaging how you will make money with his news.
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by chaloskyx: 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
congrats on shaking his hand and reciving a gift we know thats the only thing you would bring back home you guys cant convince anyone to invest in a crumbling economy that would later try to stop peopls fx from going out

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Benrosaria(m): 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
plaindealer:
By Ajuri Ngelale

What's tinubus photo doing in the presidential villa of the Indian government??

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by CaptainFM1: 12:05am On Sep 06, 2023
I see Ali Bongo hand shaking!
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Dittodat: 12:05am On Sep 06, 2023
plaindealer:

After 15 hour's flight, your kind go dey sleep saying you are tired and jet-lagged, but the so-called old kago did not go to sleep or rest or even claim jetlag, he went to work right away.

You made zero sense, but of course, that was the hatred and bitterness in you, it's what you people carry around as portion in life.

Sad.

After 12 hours flight from LOS to ATL in Delta one, I'm usually v3ry tired and jet lagged.
By 3 to 4pm , I'm ready sleeping due to the time difference.
Tinubu is stronger than most of these kids on NL.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Benwallt(m): 12:09am On Sep 06, 2023
successmatters:

What an achievement grin

What's the update on obi's dilapidated kidneys?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by THEGALADIMA(m): 12:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Why so angry ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
successmatters:

What an achievement grin

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Kukutente23: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Mtcheew
Who remembers Garba Shehu and his take-aways
Looks like this one is more of fly-ins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by BoldBrainz(m): 12:12am On Sep 06, 2023
plaindealer:

After 15 hour's flight, your kind go dey sleep saying you are tired and jet-lagged, but the so-called old kago did not go to sleep or rest or even claim jetlag, he went to work right away.

You made zero sense, but of course, that was the hatred and bitterness in you, it's what you people carry around as portion in life.

Sad.

Ignorance is indeed bliss. Any international flight of that nature is characterised by hours of sleep. The man spent the entirety of his flight to India sleeping. What reasons can he possibly have to land in India and be feeling tired?

I'm not surprised you're seeing this as an achievement anyway. You clearly have never seen the insides of an airplane. Be making noise everywhere about his sitting to meetings as if that's not part of the demands of his office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Reflect7: 12:16am On Sep 06, 2023
plaindealer:
After a 15-hour flight, the President hit the ground running with major investment meetings with Indian industrialists.

This is literally the meaning of hit the ground running.

Honestly.

He didn't even rest or eat before meeting these business leaders.

Very impressive.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Benwallt(m): 12:20am On Sep 06, 2023
successmatters:

I wonder o, that's why they are congratulating a man for flying to India to beg for business when he has over 100 million business men in his country whom he cannot even provide electricity for?

Comedians grin

In three months? What a dumb!

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by Reflect7: 12:21am On Sep 06, 2023
President Tinubu said:

''We are here for business. I am here to personally assure our friends and investors that there is no bottleneck that I will not break. Nigeria will become one of the most conducive places on earth to make good profits and create lasting jobs. With my support, nothing is standing in your way of enjoying the unrivalled opportunities presented by our massive market and the ingenious & hardworking nature of the Nigerian people. We are open for business,โ€ the President firmly assured.

Tinubu knows how to talk business talk.

This is a far cry from Buhari's lethargy.

I'm optimistic for the nation. wink

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by chaiks: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2023
The method of engagement and discussion was robust and direct. No time wasting. I hope the two ministers have the terms of trade and strategies for win win situation studies and sorted out before arriving India. One thing with Indian people is honesty. If they see you are honest, they will proceed with you. I like the way the president started this India summit. I supported Peter obi. But tbh, tinubu knows administration. It remains for all other parties to play their part honestly including those farmers that collect loans from government. Once tinubu tackle this refinery of a thing as quickly as possible, ensure proceeds from subsidy are not just shared to states monthly without visible impact on the common man, but directed to solve critical challenges like ASUU, infrastructure etc, he will be on very good track. Porthacourt refinery starting operation in December will really be a good starting test for him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by BentizilL: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2023
successmatters:

Just stand there and watch me for 8 years, make sure you don't get tired of reading from me for 8 years grin

I did it before, I can do it again so what's the fuss?
Normal na job for you... grin
Those before you did it, now it's your turn..

I hope you do it forever... tongue๐Ÿ’ฏ
Re: President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:54am On Sep 06, 2023
15hours - my God, even with AIRFORCE ONE NATIONAL JET? India is very far oh .. ....

THIS IS A PRESIDENT, SO COMMITTED, HE MAY NOT BE YOUNG, BUT HE HE IS READY TO WORK AND KEEP A LEGACY !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Future Is Female: Men Have Failed, Let The Women Rule At Political Level / Elizabeth Abati Graduates With A First-Class In Law From Bristol University / Politicians Go Into Hiding In Anambra As Gunmen Break Loose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.