Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? (23843 Views)

This Happened In Nasarawa State, Where A Counselorship Candidate Was Beaten / Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire / Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election (2) (3) (4)

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by cravingmind: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2023
Askmewhy:
I knew this boy 20 years ago when he was an undergraduate student in university. I was already working that time. He comes to our compound to play and he respected me becuase he knows that l was far older than him.

I was at their area yesterday and I sighted him along with others and I quickly alighted from my car to hail all of them as i used to, because those guys were very good and nice neighbours.

I greeted and shook of them with excitement and they were so happy and greeted me except this new counselor. I was shocked to see the cold way this boy reacted.

He almost ignored me as I stretched my hand to shake him.

Is it because he's a counselor now or what?

Let us hear his own side of the story.

Is it not too early for him to start behaving this way?
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by cravingmind: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2023
Askmewhy:
I knew this boy 20 years ago when he was an undergraduate student in university. I was already working that time. He comes to our compound to play and he respected me becuase he knows that l was far older than him.

I was at their area yesterday and I sighted him along with others and I quickly alighted from my car to hail all of them as i used to, because those guys were very good and nice neighbours.

I greeted and shook of them with excitement and they were so happy and greeted me except this new counselor. I was shocked to see the cold way this boy reacted.

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by cravingmind: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2023
Askmewhy:

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Makunahatata: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2023
Stop jumping into conclusion, do u know what's on his mind at that moment? He fit see u tomorrow almost prostrate .. it happens to all of us sometimes, wey u go con dey reason later if u acted well or not.. no b pride most times

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by emanobis(m): 11:17am On Sep 06, 2023
Give bread to a man and know his true colour

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by marsup: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2023
Poverty/ lack, humbles people.
You can never know anyone's real behaviour when they are lacking.

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Truthshotcrazy: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2023
Stawner16:

This is so true. A man’s true nature becomes visible when he has access to money/power. A man down is most likely gonna be humble.

grin cool
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by fx45(m): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2023
franchasofficia:
Ordinary Counselor hahahaha

Do they earn and loot up to 5million a month? He is being foolishly pompous, Counselor ke, not even LGA Chairman, maybe me self that they just made my village youth caretaker committee chairman should stop commenting on Nairaland grin
No Councillor in Nigeria except maybe in Rivers State or Bayelsa earns up to N200k per month. Ordinary Councillor kwa?

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Obyangel: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2023
just2endowed:

Such is life.

It's true, we blacks still harbour slave mentality in our dna like seeing others suffer.

I have experienced such in life, people u thought will never leave you, will left once they taste money and power or rise to government officials status. Well, I don't blame them at all, as I will quickly let them be. I hold zero grudges and wish them well.

It's well brother, such is life (only in Africa)
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by yommen: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2023
LikeAking:
Levels don change...

Dont judge a man when he is broke....

Not all men!

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by ajimo54(m): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2023
Askmewhy:

Na so. My friend who is now a rep member hardly replies my message. A no disturb am. God has already blessed me. I just wanna lift others!

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by aysnoopy(m): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2023
ajimo54:

Na so. My friend who is now a rep member hardly replies my message. A no disturb am. God has already blessed me. I just wanna lift others!

Come and lift me o.
I studied civil engineering and I'm jobless at the moment.
If you have connection sir. I no beg for money, I just need Job to be able to feed my family
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Esama: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2023
Councilor? The same slot I turned down when I was given at 28 years old then.
LikeAking:
Levels don change...

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by ajimo54(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2023
aysnoopy:

Come and lift me o.
I studied civil engineering and I'm jobless at the moment.
If you have connection sir. I no beg for money, I just need Job to be able to feed my family

grin. Where are u located?
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by bayumyguy: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
Leave am joooor na cos he don become councilor no worry na just 4yrs after 4years him eye go come down na so most of them behave I am also politician so I am taking of experience we have them here too
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by juwoonn(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Askmewhy:

LOL... ordinary councilor?? Just wait and see what becomes of him in the next 5-6 years if he continue behaving like that to people.
He is very unwise. All the councilors forming in my community that time will hide their faces now if I go home.
Thank God for exposing him to you.. that’s how many of them behave. If this one becomes a governor, he can order your arrest just to prof that he’s bigger than you.
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by jaxxy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
it may be that or it may be any other reason.

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by millionboi2: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2023
Stawner16:

This is so true. A man’s true nature becomes visible when he has access to money/power. A man down is most likely gonna be humble.
Ask d op if he never ignored him before.
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by cartoon1001: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na you even get that time to alight your car to go dey shake people up and down......

As for that councilor, that's how an average Nigerian is......... Especially when they taste power......... Just imagine, ordinary councilor oh..

2019 when my dad visited former DSP Ovie Omo Agege in Abuja,you need to see how he welcomed my father even in the presence of thousands of Nigerians....
How did DSP Obie welcome your Dad?

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by aysnoopy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
ajimo54:

grin. Where are u located?

Ibadan
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by millionboi2: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
Askmewhy:

just sit down and watch him,if he continues like that he wouldn't go far.
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by rhymesnoni(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
fx45:
No Councillor in Nigeria except maybe in Rivers State or Bayelsa earns up to N200k per month. Ordinary Councillor kwa?

Councilors in my place are cashing out real big. In salaries alone, they earn over 400k. I am from Niger STATE.

They are also in charge of disbursement of PALLITIVES which is 20 Million Naira per word. Nown, do the Maths.
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by fx45(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
rhymesnoni:

Councilors in my place are cashing out real big. In salaries alone, they earn over 400k. I am from Niger STATE.

They are also in charge of disbursement of PALLITIVES which is 20 Million Naira per word. Nown, do the Maths.
Even at that, N500k per month isn't enough to make someone to start puffing around. That's poverty mentality
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Bfly: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
It is normal. You are not special to him. And no one is special until you wanna get something from the person.
Maybe you should show some respect to him as your representative.
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
cartoon1001:

How did DSP Obie welcome your Dad?
. Old time friends..

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by millionboi2: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Esama:
Councilor? The same slot I turned down when I was given at 28 years old then.
you fit dey grave now if you had accepted.

Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by rhymesnoni(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
fx45:
Even at that, N500k per month isn't enough to make someone to start puffing around. That's poverty mentality

Even if one earns 1 Billion is not enough reason for one to be pompous. The point I wanted to make was that Councilors earn wey more than we think or see.. Please understand my point..
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Sk5050: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
Very foolish attitude
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by LalastiklaIa(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
Blueace247:

You know..

I have seen cases of people doing better than you and still get jealous of you..

Up till today I don't understand the logic behind being jealous of somebody you are seemingly better than
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Originalsly: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
The man hasn't changed .... you're now seeing his true colors.... note and move on!
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by Uwamgbede26: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2023
It’s like you don’t know human beings? Especially when they feel that momentarily they don’t need your assistance 🤗
Re: He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? by okoroemeka(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
LikeAking:
Levels don change...

the true character of a man reveais itself when he has power

Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri / Buhari Meets Obasanjo, Jonathan, Others Over Insecurity Today / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Blue Line Rail Project Is Currently At 90% Completion