Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters (46269 Views)

FG Increases Prices Of Electricity Meters / Sagay: I Will Be Very Upset If This Government Increases Price Of Petrol Again / PPPRA Increases Price Of Petrol From N140.80 To N143.80 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
jmoore:
Meters are meant to be the property of DISCOs.

Any amount spent by a customer to buy a prepaid metre is refunded by the DISCO via free energy tokens.
I doubt this your statement, this same thing u said cause issues between landlord and a tenant. The free energy tokens don't justify the amount paid for prepaid meter. The tenant want a refund after he wants to leave the property, but landlord said there is no refund
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Sniper101(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
stewiepeter:
Look at this bastard, one boy bought two cars, how many you and your papa con buy? Idiot

Damnnn Niggaaar, you've said
exactly what I had in mind to ask that guy.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Hezzyluv:

One unwise guy quoted me and turned the thing to politics. He was saying i should get ready and fuel my Gen continuously if i am not ready for the meter upgrade I.e, I should stop disturbing people. Without him considering my point oo, just imagine?? I didn't even bother to quote him back, me no just get time for nitwit. Beside, he isn't exempted from it. In my mind i was like "How, can someone be so myopic and biased to turn matters that brings pains and more hardship to people as politics"??
Don't mind fool, God knows since when I abandon the generator. Money to buy expensive foodstuffs&transport is what I will be using to buy fuel that burn in jiffy. I can't afford it
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Growing:
And all prices keep going up.

Palliative is not enough for this rise in cost of living
Palliative was just 5k rice,after finishing the rice in 3days, what next?

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Guy e dey pain me.
Leave this country and you'll see that the basic things we pray to God for are things the government provide easily.

An average Nigerian will vote a stone if the stone is his tribesman. In the end, our politicians smile to the bank while we puff our chest that our brother is in power while we trekπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We need to go back to regional government, so each region can individually chart their course. I'm tired of praying for Nigeria abeg.
regional gov't so that regions can develop at it own pace with it own resources. Prime Minister's should be voted by people in their own region
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Fearyourcreator: 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
Righthussle:
Good development. I love this. This is the kind of news we want to hear. This is good for our economy.

Make i talk like renewed hope people.
Government no go share anybody money ... Ariseshunu... Na una type them go help find work wey no go do...
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Hezzyluv: 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Osanoghodua1:

Upgrading of meter has nothing to do with you changing your meter, it's just a token for you to load yourself, no one is taking your meter from you.

Says by who? I do POS business, I do PPM recharge for people. One Korean national based in Lagos here close to me came to my shop just yesterday to recharge, I couldn't recharge his meter for him because, his card πŸ’³ numbers exceed the 11digits. So, NEPA told him to have his meter changed.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Cti28(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
Benwallt:

One boy bought two cars in my area yesterday. Stop crying for orders. Go n work
You are senseless - very, very senseless.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by oluking: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
What happens to those of us that have yet to receive any meters after payment .
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Cromagnon: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
SalamRushdie:
I have not seen people that are as wicked as APC people

Not as wicked as Pdp and LP tho
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
shonepa:
I no get issues with the price, na just reality check. Enta ouses for abroad, u only buy wetin u need.

But here......u for fear wetin u fit see in a room,
U get choice to off meter if u no dey ous, u no need on all the lights down. Power savers they, we no care to dey check this things....just buy something becos u see am for person ous

Na if u believe say u get money power all ur electronics.....no complain.

I don get sense since light don dey show for almost 20hrs in a day. If freezer don block....immediately power am off no time.
Go and buy solar system, the one way I dey use is sunking. It powers 3bulbs and charge phones. It last for 15hours. I use to on it at 7PM & off it 6:30AM ,I use it in the afternoon to charge phone at times and it last 10hours to 11hours every day. Just continue to give power holding company money for darkness. I use to give them 4k,5k or 6k monthly has charity,that's if dey bring light very well in that month. Them no born them well to cut off my light, else they will be in trouble and we go enter the same trouser. I planning on getting the solar power fan by January by God grace.

2 Likes

Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
Yusman316:

Inflation is currently affecting every country, so why do you think Nigeria that is highly dependent on importation will be any different?
custom duty hike too
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Blackdisciple(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
Lolzzzz grin grin grin just like the day he was sworn in as president of Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
wirinet:

Meanwhile minimum wage is N30000 per month and the salary of a police inspector carrying a gun is N55,000. And you are surprised a police inspector points his gun at citizens to collect Roger.
Police inspector salary is more than 150k, the 55k is the salary of new recruits, it use to be 45k. Police inspectors take rogers because them go take 6bottles of Goldberg or trophy,pepper soup and will Bleep olosho every weekend.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by GetSenseNow: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
Bukola94:
regional gov't so that regions can develop at it own pace with it own resources. Prime Minister's should be voted by people in their own region
Exactly

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Benwallt(m): 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
Cti28:

You are senseless - very, very senseless.

Go to court
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Holaomoakin(m): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by chukwugoziegi: 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2023
Menclothing:
Where are the made in Nigeria meter ?

Innoson made the Very First generation prepaid meters but they cut ties with him for reason I don't know and started importing from China.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by wirinet(m): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
Bukola94:
Police inspector salary is more than 150k, the 55k is the salary of new recruits, it use to be 45k. Police inspectors take rogers because them go take 6bottles of Goldberg or trophy,pepper soup and will Bleep olosho every weekend.

I meant to say sergeant. Police sergeant salary is less than 60k. Even at N150k, what can N150k buy in Nigeria of today? I took N150k to mile 12 last week, I could not much (and that is excluding rice). The groceries and foodstuff I was able to buy will not last me a month, given I have 3 children, a wife and my mother at home. Now that does not include electricity, toiletries, drinking water and drugs or hospital bills.

Also note that police officers are expected to buy his own uniforms, fuel and maintain their official vehicles and pay to process suspects her or she charges to court. And you wonder why corruption is essential to the survival of a police officer and civil servant.
A police inspector is expected to be married with children. I know police officers that pay their own accommodation and commute to work everyday.

You should see the danger of handing a man gun and then pay him poor wages and expected him to catch criminals can pay his yearly salary in a day. Its just not practical.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by ceejayluv(m): 9:36pm On Sep 06, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Same price in the abroad if you change that amount to dollars. Covid pushed the cost of cars up everywhere in the world.
Na lie.... There hasn't been More than 10 percent increase in cost of Brand New cars in dollars for the past five years. Prove Me wrong.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Gee64: 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
Breakfast for all Round 2.

Round 3 loading...
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by NoToPile: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2023
jmoore:
Meters are meant to be the property of DISCOs.

Any amount spent by a customer to buy a prepaid metre is refunded by the DISCO via free energy tokens.

Which disco? definitely not Eko electric and Ikeja electric.

Even the 100 units that come with it, you pay for it during your first recharge.

Even the discos don't claim this at their office.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Tayorshd87: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2023
abhosts:
Nigerians were buying brand new cars like Hyundai Elantra for ₦3.5m and believing the lies of the likes of Sahara Reporters, that things were bad under PDP. Brand new Hyundai Elantra now costs ₦28m.

Na by force to buy the car πŸ€”
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by riches4me(m): 12:04am On Sep 07, 2023
Bukola94:
Palliative was just 5k rice,after finishing the rice in 3days, what next?
Palliative reach your side?
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by DonnyE(m): 12:58am On Sep 07, 2023
Benwallt:

You and your papa na fool
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by worksmart(m): 1:49am On Sep 07, 2023
Shege Pro-max, Triple Strength ! sad

Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Frais: 3:04am On Sep 07, 2023
All what this useless Government knows is to increase everything and anything. There's nothing like decrease to enable the poor masses breath some fresh air.
Advance countries are seeking ways to make things easy and quite affordable for the people but not in this evil country of mine called Nigeria.
In due time, all evil politicians will surely die a miserable death, same goes to their offsprings if they dare to follow same path.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Uchek(m): 5:30am On Sep 07, 2023
Is that really the price?

abhosts:
Nigerians were buying brand new cars like Hyundai Elantra for ₦3.5m and believing the lies of the likes of Sahara Reporters, that things were bad under PDP. Brand new Hyundai Elantra now costs ₦28m.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by ReturnMan: 5:56am On Sep 07, 2023
Benwallt:

Yahoo Yahoo.
You can't buy that car
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Iamanoited: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2023
FG SHOULD INCREASE MINIMUM WAGE AND PENSIONS. TAG FOREX AT N300 : $1. TAG PETROL PRICE AT N300 PER LITRE. TAG CEMENT PRICE AT N3000 PER BAG. BRING OUT PUBLIC BUSES AND PAID DRIVERS TO RUN TRANSPORTATION.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Iamanoited: 7:24am On Sep 07, 2023
IT IS THE DUTY OF GOVERNMENT TO CONTROL PRICES AND INFLATION SO PLEASE STOP NONSENSE INCREASES.
Re: FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters by Bukola94: 8:11am On Sep 07, 2023
riches4me:

Palliative reach your side?
Yes Sir, it reach here. I gave out the 5KG rice,because what I really need is money. So I dash it out to the less privilege

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sowore Dancing To 'Soapy' By Naira Marley (Video) / Uche Ogbuagu Officially Defects To APC / Jos Covid-19 Palliative Warehouse Looted (Pictures and video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.