Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal (37051 Views)

Obi: Failure To Electronically Transmit Results Nullifies Presidential Election / INEC Must Transmit Governorship Election Results Electronically - Court / BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Kingray10:
The case has been decided already...
We all know what the court will do before today . cry cry

Abi

1 Like

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
PHZADDY1:
The country is gone to the dogs

You can say that again!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
Yankee101:
So the electoral act was written on toilet paper?

www.muriajaka.com

Abi? How does one give regulations and go against them? What a country!

1 Like

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by Diligence: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
We hereby call on righteous democrats never to stoop low and allow Emilokans, Agbadorians, BaTists, & Ebolans to gloat over miscarriage of justice.

Don't ever keep mute; they are on the broad way that leads to destruction. Confront them, enlighten them, nay emancipate them; they are obviously bewitched! If anything, they should be ashamed and hid their faces forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
greenandy:
All from Judges whose appointments were influenced by Tinubu/Buhari/APC right from 2017 when they threw out the CJN.

Only a fool would invest billions of Naira to dislodge the old pattern of vote transmission but after votes were cast, he goes back to the old pattern of votes transmission.

Exactly!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
optimusprime2:
Ah na to come back Naija with my dual nationality, spray money rig election and pepper people like Wike.

Nothing go do me... too bad. Naija is finished.

Abi
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2023
kcmichael:
This shithole zoological republic must collapse ,inec has taken us back to 1999

You can say that again!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by meditator(m): 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
It was INEC that put themselves under pressure in the first place.

Why say everything will be transmitted electronically, and do the exact opposite. Shouldn't their rule and regulations bind them?

Make it make sense.
Nigeria operates written constitution not unwritten one. Whatever INEC says before, during or after election is no binding. The law is above officials of INEC. The law is what would be used to determined how votes would be transmitted. That's what INEC did. They could have made wrong utterance but they have not violated any law.
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2023
proxillin:
so INEC may not work according to their own guideline? This is dangerous for democracy. So INEC can shift the goal post to favour any choice candidate at anytime.
INEC, the new kingmaker. Whoever wins INEC wins the election. We are incubating civil war.

They set a guideline and jettison it last minute without informing all candidates just because they have their own candidate.

This is all shade of wrong. All candidate should be informed of the decision so they can all restrategize.

Its obvious these judges are super corrupt. What is wrong with this country? No parastatal is working.

All arms of government are not independent...

You got it right! With this, no matter what regulations they give, once it is not in the electoral act and there is no loophole, I am not voting!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by Perfectbeing(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
Chuksyno:
Miscarriage of justice:

Just as football match is often fixed so also our justice system. Obi should move on abeg.

Electronic Transmission of results was added into our electoral laws to use at the discretion of the umpire (INEC). When FIFA allowed VAR in football, did they mandate ref to use all the time? It’s used at the discretion of the referee.
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
Guyman01:
The most important part of Nigeria election is to be declared winner first and your opponent should go and struggle to prove about INEC rigging which the national assembly intentionally made difficult by the electoral Act, this is what obtains in many African countries and why citizens come out to the streets to jubilate whenever there's a coup, recall how INEC Commissioner in Adamawa Barr Ari announced Binani as winner, she would have been sworn in as governor, the only issue with his declaration was that he was not the returning officer.

INEC can decide to use cardboard paper write results according to this pronouncement, spending Billions on BVAS was a waste of our resources.

Late Yar'adua was gracious enough to say that the process that brought him was flawed and made efforts to improve on it but was cut short by death.

It's not going to change soon because the politicians are not ready to improve the system as they are already thinking about how to use existing system to win the next election while the country and its citizens continue to suffer un the midst of plenty

Exactly! I hope in 2027, they will not come with another innovation again that will gulp up taxpayers' funds, if they do, I will personally see to it that I tell many people as I can to disenfranchise themselves from voting just as I will do!

2 Likes

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2023
Father4all:
I knew it. They have collected gratifications

You got it right!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2023
Kingray10:
This is a very very bad precedence laid down by the judges
It's has now been proven that the judiciary is for the highest bidder...
Very unfortunate for those of us who hopes the country would be better one day ..

You are still hoping the country will be better after what happened today? If I were you, I will be strategizing on how my generation gets away from this shithole country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by casppyjay: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2023
tonicyril:

I kuku asked and I was told I could use it grin

But someone said I should try to use a vpn
most sites nowadays can detect if you using vpn or not ..especially if you are dealing with a financial entity of some sort..

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2023
cjudy:

They should stop covering their faces on live tv we will post it on all social media. The young and old will see the faces that sold our justice to a drug dealer

Abi
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by 8stargeneral: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2023
It has finished

Nigeria is gone for ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by 8stargeneral: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2023
It has finished

Nigeria is gone forever
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
LaSenior:
Then the bvas was waste of public funds

Nigeria is Dead

What's the use of PVC what's the use card reader what's the use of having portals

Chai this country is Dead

Am so sorry for people that so much believed in this country

You believed in this country? I did during the elections being deceived by INEC's lamba, not anymore!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by babzlim(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
all what is happening today in court is coming to hunt the future of there children.

education has been rendered useless, criminality and corruption is now a course in the university.

they will live to answer to all this later.

keep laughing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by fombi: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
Feels good and fortunate having another citizenship in the West. Thank God for myself and my children. We are officially tourists in Nigeria the criminal, corrupt and lawless state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by peekay007: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
You can only link cards associated with any Nigerian Banks.
tonicyril:
I think the number one is the case sir

Please how do I reconcile that sir
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2023
XY23:
Billions of Naira in the mud. Let's go back to paper and biro.

Abi. If INEC come with another lamba for 2027, I go personally make sure make people no decide to vote!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Yes oooo

The state is criminally captured by criminals

How can the judge say that INEC is not mandated to transmit results electronically

Whereas the same INEC told everyone that results will be transmitted through the BVAS to the IREV portal realtime on the election

Abi
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
Macill23:
Nothing will make me or any member of my family vote again ..the name Nigeria means finish ..no hope in this zoo ..I prefer to be in animal kingdom than this cage called Nigeria ..Jesus wept

Me too! Mine go even worse pass, anybody wey I know wey dey undecided to vote, I go personally make sure make they decide not to vote.
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
cjudy:

Ehhh yeah, unfortunately Justin Trudeau is my prime minister. I’m not residing in your shithole anymore.

Lucky you! I regret the day I came back to this country from that country! Not like I had a choice sigh.
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
Atlantis585:

Is it safe to say that INEC is not mandated to conduct any elections in Nigeria since all their other responsibilities have now been thrown out by the so-called Judges?

What a caricature called courts. A nation of crooks and fraudsters condemned to never do well.

Spits!

You can say that again!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
EconomistXplain:

if i were politicians...i will never contest ewction again In nigeria untill only live transmission of result is the means of collation

anything short of that..? Tinubu and INEC shld contest alone

the battle was fought nd won at the NASS during saraki's term..where he fought tirelessly and lost in a bid to make INEC collate only through live transmission

Abi
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
Ofunaofu:

You are actually the one being emotional and sentimental bro

You mentioned guidelines being the subset of the law but the same law gives INEC the power to make rules, regulations and guidelines on how to conduct it's elections.

Abi
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
BigBashiru:

Do the black monkeys have conscience??

Good question!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by Cantonese: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
politicoNG:
There is no where in the Electoral Act where the Commission or its agent is mandated to use only electronic method in collating or transmitting election results.

And Mahmoud repeated it openly that results would be transmitted electronically.
Now you all can see what Obi meant by exposing the flaw in the system.
And they spent billions to get BVAS machines?
You all can see what corruption has done to this country.
Unfortunately many think supporting corrupt politicians will make lives better for them. The inability to hold political office holders accountable by the so called masses, will continue to leave them in perpetual slavery and misery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
greenandy:
Next election, who else would INEC convince to go and register and to vote? A bunch of judges without regard for the future of their children.

That is the question! A lot of young voters will be disenfranchising themselves from future elections with what happened today including yours truly!
Re: INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal by yemi1504: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
Slymonster:

We are back to the Era of rigging and killing. Just steal votes and get into power. That's what this useless judges are doing. No one is asking about the money inec spent for incompetence electronic data because they won. How do you deceive millions of people because of one man and then the constitution talk.

Abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Vote For Buhari Is A Vote For Tinubu – PDP / Ojukwu Being Welcomed At A Village Hospital By Igbo Ladies / Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.