Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista (28873 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista / Police Arrested Man With Result Sheets Showing PDP Won Election, APGA Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by onatisi(m): 4:13am On Sep 07, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Very sound analysis. Main PDP was and is still the real opposition.

Like a spell, NNPP, LP, and the G5 made a mess of the last election. They made the path smooth for APC to emerge victorious.
That has always been the problem with PDP since the time of obj.
PDP has always been PDP problem and downfall. Any time PDP loses , if you look closely,you will see that it was always caused by PDP members .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by rotadeco27: 4:38am On Sep 07, 2023
Agree with you that Obi is a criminal but BAT is more criminal!
Obaofaba:
Asiwaju is the greatest Nigerian of all time.

At the topic,

You will hardly see a stunch APC supporter talking down on the PDP pro supporters because the party always act maturely unlike the supporters of the PDP light, those ones
are natteringg nitwits.

TonyeBarcanister is always on points with his analysis which is always devoid of emotions and sentiments. He says it the way it is.

How on Earth will you have three factions sharing same electorates and expect to win a factionless party?

I hope the PDP pro learn their lessons.

As for the heedless mob, Pandora can never be my president. I'll rather end it myself. I can't even imagine it.

Kai, so disgusting to think I will be governed by that criminal.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by kayusely70(m): 4:39am On Sep 07, 2023
Kudos to you for this indepth analysis!
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by bakol: 4:47am On Sep 07, 2023
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=125629940][/quote]
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Aquila99: 5:15am On Sep 07, 2023
Taylor87:
Hardship go reach every tribe

We dey watch

While the case was going on in tribunal today NEPA increased electricity tariff

Shebi na only South South & South East go pay higher while Yoruba pay lower

We go see which region go cry pass

Tribunal favored Tinubu see as the entire Port Harcourt quiet and I’m sure it’s all over Nigeria

From today I support Tinubu

Make the suffer kuku choke

Before one week we all know the region that will cry hardship fisrt

I think you should change yr circle. Only poverty mentality emanates from there. They can't show u people that are making it big investment wise, buying properties and expanding (Blord, chief priest )etc. Everyday u dey on "we go suffer am". Nobi everyone dey suffer. Even in the next 4 years, u will still complain of how tyns r hard. Those years they were okay, wia fuel price was low, economy was good and naira had value. What did u use it to do to improve yr life, NOTHING. I think u need professional help, God be with you Amigo. Adios

2 Likes

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Tulsaguy: 5:28am On Sep 07, 2023
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
The PDP is a very useless party. They caused this.
They felt Obi cannot win the presidency for the party hence pushing Obi out of the party. If they have abide by the zoning arrangements of the party and allow the presidency to the South East, Obi would have won under their ticket easily with a big margin. The greed by Atiku and Wike was responsible for the demise of the PDP

Tinubu used their heads. He used Utomi also to persuade Obi to quit PDP. Who no sabi Tinubu no sabi political.

1 Like

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by finallybusy: 5:39am On Sep 07, 2023
This one is still on Nairaland. Mscheew. People wey swear their destiny to mediocrity.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Blazebond(m): 5:39am On Sep 07, 2023
For your mind as long as you candidates nor win make everything and everywhere spoil shebi,my friend go and sit down in your narrow minded little space and think about your life.

quote author=Taylor87 post=125630029]Hardship go reach every tribe

We dey watch

Tribunal favored Tinubu see as the entire Port Harcourt quiet and I’m sure it’s all over Nigeria

[/quote]
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Inobeyourmate: 5:53am On Sep 07, 2023
Taylor87:

We dey watch

Oga, nah only you and every other were like you for your family the hardship to reach alone, whatever bad thing you Dey prophesy into your miserable life, no deh tag every other person along all because they didn’t vote for your Candidate, most of you will just come online and start behaving like oloriburuku 🥵🥵🥵🤣🤣💔
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Inobeyourmate: 5:54am On Sep 07, 2023
gistray:
Who keeps dragging this drunkards post to FP

what a disgusting forum disgusting 🤮
Chai! Severe pain I see you 😝😝😝
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Blackdisciple(m): 6:04am On Sep 07, 2023
Miscreants have started..
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by ponishah: 6:18am On Sep 07, 2023
sweerychick:
Oga go and rest with your useless epistle PDP laid the foundation of what APC is doing today, the only difference is APC does its own with impunity
Foundation of a bag of foreign rice at N 7500 to a bag of foreign rice at about N50,000,
Cement is now N5,500, local rice was N4000 a bag under pdp foundation but in your apc foundation it is now over N40,000, fuel was N87, now it is N600.... a beg go and sit down
I dont know how you guys breath, but continue your suffering untill the country implodes.

1 Like

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Aiel123: 6:47am On Sep 07, 2023
GeneralPula:

Obi ran away from Pdp. Nobody pushed him away.
He was 'forced' out of the PDP.
The structure of Anambra PDP was taken from Obi.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by bejick(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2023
Obaofaba:
Asiwaju is the greatest Nigerian of all time.

At the topic,

You will hardly see a stunch APC supporter talking down on the PDP pro supporters because the party always act maturely unlike the supporters of the PDP light, those ones
are natteringg nitwits.

TonyeBarcanister is always on points with his analysis which is always devoid of emotions and sentiments. He says it the way it is.

How on Earth will you have three factions sharing same electorates and expect to win a factionless party?

I hope the PDP pro learn their lessons.

As for the heedless mob, Pandora can never be my president. I'll rather end it myself. I can't even imagine it.

Kai, so disgusting to think I will be governed by that criminal.

read what you wrote again and think about your life have you really done well for yourself
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by sirdick17: 6:56am On Sep 07, 2023
Taylor87:

We dey watch

U people talk with so much arrogant, is ur region better than others?
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Aiel123: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2023
seunmsg:
Too late to cry.
It's not late.
2023 isn't the end of elections in Nigeria.
There's still a chance and a comeback can't be ruled out if the opposition plays it card well.
Integrate all warring faction and form alliance with the breakaway group from the mainstream PDP will see them have tangible hope of reaching Aso Villa
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by blakkydikky(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2023
Taylor87:

We dey watch

... Bọbọ,sit down somewhere jor. No one is going to cry but we the good people of Nigeria are all going to be rejoicing in this Tinubu's regime.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Samtob90(m): 7:40am On Sep 07, 2023
Taylor87:

We dey watch

Tarrif or meter. Was any tribe promised cheaper costs? In macro economic policies, everyone is affected
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2023
Na you and your people hardship go reach.
I and my family, na soft life; no matter the government.
Taylor87:

We dey watch

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Khallicopyro: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2023
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
They felt Obi cannot win the presidency for the party hence pushing Obi out of the party. If they have abide by the zoning arrangements of the party and allow the presidency to the South East, Obi would have won under their ticket easily with a big margin. The greed by Atiku and Wike was responsible for the demise of the PDP
Yes o. Imagine PDP's structure+ Obi's followership, then add a little Kwankwanso movement. Even oga Yakubu can't do anything to stop it

1 Like

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Iamanoited: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2023
PDP SHOULD GO FOR OBASANJO TO PUT THEMSELVES TOGETHER.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by seunmsg(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2023
Aiel123:

It's not late.
There's still a chance and a comeback can't be ruled out if the opposition plays it card well.
Integrate all warring faction and form alliance with the breakaway group from the mainstream PDP will see them have tangible hope of reaching Aso Villa

And APC will be looking on like mumu while PDP is integrating all breakaway groups. Politics is all about interest and not emotions. Between now and the next election, APC will further break the ranks of PDP and bring more people into its fold. Peter Obi can no longer settle for VP ticket. Atiku will still contest again in 2031. Kwakwanso will never back Atiku. He will rather Tinubu completes 8 years and then see if he can get a shot instead of backing Atiku and loss his opportunity of ever becoming president.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Kukutenla: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2023
pquaver:

To field a northerners after Buhari.. All this so ndigbo will not change their useless bad character? After una go say i dey abuse ndigbo.. This generation of ndigbo are so unreasonable.. I swear.. No be only northerner,... Change ur political attitude simple. Ndi igbo are Nigerians and need to represent in their turn, no northerner is going to take a southner turn.. It that simp.. Know this n know peace
What do you mean by this nonsense?
What bad character are you talking about?
Before 2015, the most abusive people on the Internet were the ACN/CPC people. So all this gsslighting of a tribe needs to stop. It's politics. Even yesterday, the VP who called a sitting VP ice cream seller and Obi "giringori" threw jabs at an elder like Atiku. I didn't see you label Kanuri as having bad character.
If you now it's the turn of igbo, why is a Yoruba on the seat?

1 Like

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Kukutenla: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Allow these egoistic Igbos who thinks na by force for Obi to be president... That's after LP came third they are blackmailing and insulting those not on their side... PDP 16 years Obj did 8 na South yardua did 2 and half North GEJ did 5 and half south South did 13 year's... PDP ticket ought to go to a Northerner but it wasn't zone obi and some disgruntled Igbos who thinks nigeria owe them presidency push obi out and he aided APC victory by dividing PDP votes
Well, in fairness to the igbo, it was Wike's greed that pushed Obi out. Wike went about buying all the state excos of states that had no PDP govs including Anambra. Wike's ambition killed PDP. It's a testament to how powerful govs of rich states in Nigeria can become due to our brand of politics. I think on a good day, no one should look at Wike and consider him presidential material.

1 Like

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Efewestern: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2023
Aiel123:

It's not late.

Form alliance with LP. Give South East the ticket. I told you and garfield1 that giving north the ticket when it's the turn of south in a complex country like Nigeria was the easiest way for APC to retain power.

We all saw what they did to GEJ. Forget party loyalty, PDP should have given a Southerner the ticket. The north is highly overrated, atleast the recent election showed so. What sort of madness would even make the party structure think of that?

This was the easiest elections for PDP to win. Why would they even think we would accept a North-north transition? If they fail to do the right thing again next election, they would still loose.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by press9jatv: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2023
Oga Tonyebarcanista is 100% right. Nawaoooo
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Aiel123: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2023
seunmsg:

And APC will be looking on like mumu while PDP is integrating all breakaway groups. Politics is all about interest and not emotions. Between now and the next election, APC will further break the ranks of PDP and bring more people into its fold. Peter Obi can no longer settle for VP ticket. Atiku will still contest again in 2031. Kwakwanso will never back Atiku. He will rather Tinubu completes 8 years and then see if he can get a shot instead of backing Atiku and loss his opportunity of ever becoming president.
It will be a gradual process.
Remember Wike and his group are still in PDP.
Give them the party structure/ chairmanship position will be enough to appease them .
The AA faction can work on bringing in Obi either as a candidate or running mate.
Kwankwaso has his price, everyone does. In case he refuses the alliance,a combo of PO and PDP will be sufficient for takeover.
And also remember crises is not only perculiar to opposition. Who knows if any G7 won't break out from APC?

1 Like

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Aiel123: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2023
Efewestern:

Form alliance with LP. Give South East the ticket. I told you and garfield1 that giving north the ticket when it's the turn of south in a complex country like Nigeria was the easiest way for APC to retain power.

We all saw what they did to GEJ. Forget party loyalty, PDP should have given a Southerner the ticket. The north is highly overrated, atleast the recent election showed so. What sort of madness would even make the party structure think of that?

This was the easiest elections for PDP to win. Why would they even think we would accept a North-north transition? If they fail to do the right thing again next election, they would still loose.
I don't think Obi would have won had he run on the PDP platform.
Those votes PDP got in the core north would have gone to either Tinubu/Kwankwaso.
Muslim factor favoring Tinubu and ethnicity favouring Kwankwaso and AA would not be in Obi favor.
The PDP structure won't help either. Atiku leveraged on ethnicity. Which was why PDP did not benefit from the states he won during the subsequent guber election.( Gombe , Kebbi, Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto, Yobe and others)
It also happened with Jonathan.
Had Obi choosen to be vice to Atiku they would have won.
I agree that Obi as PDP candidate would only do well in SW,SS SE NC and some part of NE but it won't be enough to see him to power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:18am On Sep 07, 2023
Kukutenla:

Well, in fairness to the igbo, it was Wike's greed that pushed Obi out. Wike went about buying all the state excos of states that had no PDP govs including Anambra. Wike's ambition killed PDP. It's a testament to how powerful govs of rich states in Nigeria can become due to our brand of politics. I think on a good day, no one should look at Wike and consider him presidential material.
is wike not Igbo to?? Fairness to Igbo how are they the Only tribe in Nigeria...? We have over 400 tribes... They should stop feeling entitled?? Obi should have stayed in PDP become deputy to Atiku what's important for a Party in national elections is winning ist other aspects is secondary... PDP didn't even zoned it was open to all to contest but some Igbos want the ticket dashed to them like Tom Tom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Advancedman(m): 10:41am On Sep 07, 2023
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:

Irrespective of sub region the north has no business for the number 1 post even in pdp the north is the party National chairman.
It's abominable for group of elders to be that extremely stupid.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Efewestern: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2023
Aiel123:

I don't think Obi would have won had he run on the PDP platform.
Those votes PDP got in the core north would have gone to either Tinubu/Kwankwaso.
Muslim factor favoring Tinubu and ethnicity favouring Kwankwaso and AA would not be in Obi favor.
The PDP structure won't help either. Atiku leveraged on ethnicity. Which was why PDP did not benefit from the states he won during the subsequent guber election.( Gombe , Kebbi, Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto, Yobe and others)
It also happened with Jonathan.
Had Obi choosen to be vice to Atiku they would have won.
I agree that Obi as PDP candidate would only do well in SW,SS SE NC and some part of NE but it won't be enough to see him to power.

It would have been a clear win for PDP if Obi had being the flagbearer. PDP just needs to use its structure in the NW/NE to deliver atleast 20% of votes from a few states. NW/NE are totally irrelevant as far as Obi is concerned. We saw how NW/NE wasn't able to deliver Buhari until he sort for partnership and how GEJ won without NW/NE input, that was even during the era of magic votes.

The entire SS/SE/SW would have fallen for Obi with an exception of Ondo & Ekiti which wouldn't have made any difference. NC with an exception of Kwara would also have fallen for Obi. I mean, if you add PDP & LP's vote in the just concluded election, you would see how it would have for a clear win for Obi in NC.

Like I have said, NW/NE are irrelevant. 25% of votes in certain states is what is required of PDP to deliver, which I know they would have. The North are not the kingmakers, I once thought so, not anymore. PDP can do without them. The disregard for Southern Nigeria was why many people pitched their tents with Obi. Ordinarily, Obi wouldn't have pulled that much wave should PDP had done the right thing.

Lessons has been learnt and so many people have no regrets wasting their votes with Obi. People preaching party is supreme will burn down this country should a Southerner dare contest after the tenure-ship of another Southerner. You are dealing with tribal supremacists and religious fanatics and some southerners are still not wise enough to ride under the mantra of "Party Is Supreme."

Let's see how "Party is Supreme" goes when one of your own try going beyond their limits. You as a party man won't even be spared. These are the people some of us are doing "Party is Supreme" politics with. Like we forget so soon how our brother was treated just some couple of years ago.
Re: 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista by Aiel123: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2023
Efewestern:

It would have been a clear win for PDP if Obi had being the flagbearer. PDP just needs to use its structure in the NW/NE to deliver atleast 20% of votes from a few states. NW/NE are totally irrelevant as far as Obi is concerned. We saw how NW/NE wasn't able to deliver Buhari until he sort for partnership and how GEJ won without NW/NE input, that was even during the era of magic votes.

The entire SS/SE/SW would have fallen for Obi with an exception of Ondo & Ekiti which wouldn't have made any difference. NC with an exception of Kwara would also have fallen for Obi. I mean, if you add PDP & LP's vote in the just concluded election, you would see how it would have for a clear win for Obi in NC.

Like I have said, NW/NE are irrelevant. 25% of votes in certain states is what is required of PDP to deliver, which I know they would have. The North are not the kingmakers, I once thought so, not anymore. PDP can do without them. The disregard for Southern Nigeria was why many people pitched their tents with Obi. Ordinarily, Obi wouldn't have pulled that much wave should PDP had done the right thing.

Lessons has been learnt and so many people have no regrets wasting their votes with Obi. People preaching party is supreme will burn down this country should a Southerner dare contest after the tenure-ship of another Southerner. You are dealing with tribal supremacists and religious fanatics and some southerners are still not wise enough to ride under the mantra of "Party Is Supreme."

Let's see how "Party is Supreme" goes when one of your own try going beyond their limits. You as a party man won't even be spared. These are the people some of us are doing "Party is Supreme" politics with. Like we forget so soon how our brother was treated just some couple of years ago.

Okay
See you are forgetting that if Atiku had lost the ticket,he would have ported to another party.
Even Wike wouldn't have supported fully cause we saw his hand in the events that led Obi to leaving the party.
You're right. I see it clearly. Adamawa, Bauchi,Taraba, Gombe, Plateau, Nasarawa,Benue,Fct,Niger,Kogi won't have problem or qualm with an Obi ticket.
Winning SE, SS, some part of SW and pockets of NC/ NE states would be okay for Obi to win.
Kaduna too is surety.
I haven't thought about this since.
And Kwankwaso contesting makes it more interesting.
This I now believe will be the winning formula.
Like you said lesson has been learnt
Party is supreme sometimes happens to be a kind of slavery.
I still don't regret voting PDP though as against a southerner.
Garfield1
How do you see this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslims Slaughter Cows At A Mosque In Bauchi For The Recovery Of Buhari(pics) / FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b / Ikpeazu Reconstructing Osisioma Road Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.