Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (8167 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by ektbear: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2011
^-- Can you two take this flirting elsewhere, please? grin
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2011
Awolowo would have educated the North if he had won the 1979 presidential election because education was a major priority in his agenda for the north and Nigeria at large.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by gratiaeo(m): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2011
To be honest the whole Nigeria ll be happy if Hausa/Fulani ll be educated as fact remained that they are 1 holding us back in this country. Imagain the Vice President is not happy that mrs Okonjo-Iwela is the head of economic team in GEJ Addministractin. Did he not Knw d work of Vp or what? We all Nigerians are suffering today because of there backwardness, so being educated ll not make then stronger than other tribe but make then to lealise that they are on back foot
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2011
@ Poster, A Shoe will always be a Shoe no matter the colour u paint it
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by mbatuku1: 9:45am On Oct 17, 2011
This OP na fool o! Do you know many ethnic groups make up the North?

All these indians trying to teach us about Nigeria sef.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by nagoma(m): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2011
We said that we will finance your education.

wOW, 2015 Igbo presidency is beginning to look good. Everybody is just against everybody.

Who are this we? who are you speaking for?
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by nagoma(m): 10:06am On Oct 17, 2011
@gratiaeo
To be honest the whole Nigeria ll be happy if Hausa/Fulani ll be educated as fact remained that they are 1 holding us back in this country. Imagain the Vice President is not happy that mrs Okonjo-Iwela is the head of economic team in GEJ Addministractin. Did he not Knw d work of Vp or what? We all Nigerians are suffering today because of there backwardness, so being educated ll not make then stronger than other tribe but make then to lealise that they are on back foot

So this is a posting from an educated southerner ? must have attended the same university with Patience and Jona!
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by nagoma(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2011
Awolowo would have educated the North if he had won the 1979 presidential election because education was a major priority in his agenda for the north and Nigeria at large.

Awolowo knew only the Yorubas he didnt know that North existed, his free education policy was for Yoruba's to always lead Nigeria.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by manchy7531: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2011
@poster  

Mentally: they are stronger
Contentment: they are ok
Honesty: they are stronger than any other tribe in Nigeria
Reliability: they are stronger
Migration: they prefer to stay in Nigeria. but you prefer to stay in Liberia??
Leadership: they are also stronger
But
Education and development: they are severely lacking esteem in these areas.

another useless trend

you must be a big fool.monkey like you
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by PointB: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

@ Depilot

I don't think an educated north would be a treat to anyone but I must point out that it would cause more division in the north.

What unites the North right now is Islam. Educating the north would make more kafars aka unbelievers that would be doing Oyinbo things and this would cause more more harm than good.

I know what I am talking about, The north is at the advantage the way it is right now. Easy to join the military etc.

What we can do to be more advantageous is to make more of those almajiri join the military while the few educated one go into the politics, banking and the OIL sector.

Also they should always provide free amenities for the northern citizens eg water, electricity etc.

Education Might have a profound effect on us. I would strongly advice us not to play like we are smart but play with humility and gradually, we would see the light Insha Allah.

Note :- these are just solutions to the education and almajiri problems we have

I think this mumu makes some sense when he said and educated north will create more division in the north.
But he is still a mumu, for not realizing that those so-called division will engender new ideas and new ways of doing things.

Then he sunk lower when he encourage Almajiris to join the military, for pete's sake, what kind of country are we in when the worst of the society represent the best of our hope? Why would the military institutions be plagued with this kind of system? Is that the reason, our respected armed force behave sometimes like 'cow's? Imagine thousand of Almajiri from Zamfara, Bornu, Bauchi, etc enlisting in the military. Hmm, na wa oo.

i think to encourage professionalism, a fairly good SSCE/WAEC grades (6 credits including english and maths) should be the basic minimum for enlisting in the Nigeria military. That said, I think other southern tribes - Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, etc, should also start massive enlistment in the the arm forces. Who know when we might need them.  These rot must must be halted!
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by PointB: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2011
nagoma:

Who are this we? who are you speaking for?

WE (southerners and middle belts)
I will personally donate funds to help give northerners a better education. It will be my contribution to help alleviate the plights of several disadvantages people. Charity must begin at home.

Freedom to the NORTH! grin grin grin
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by nagoma(m): 10:19am On Oct 17, 2011
Please an educated North will be the best thing to ever happen to us and Nigeria. Do u think we enjoy dealing with your uneducated, violent, poverty and disease stricken people? Why do u think we want to break away? Its because we are sick and tired of dealing an unproductive population. A people pulling us backward. Its very simple, tell your Northern muslim brothers to get it together asap or find themselves alone with no one to leech on but themselves. We are tired of carrying their lazy behinds on our backs biko.
May education reach them soon so they can prosper and depend on themselves. Having a prosperous neighbor is advantageous than a poor, violent, uneducated, callous, neighbor. The Igbo and Yoruba have more to lose dealing with uneducated North than an educated and progressive core-North. U see MB ppl are pursuing higher education and want to better themselves and are coming closer to the South and we are encouraging that.

Just hear the rantings of an international drug courier, a kidnapper at home, an armed robber advance fee frauds[/b]tar and [b]women traficker for pros.titution talking about spoiling Nigeria. With people of your ethnic groups and their criminal minds and lack of integrity Nigeria will never be accepted as a serious country in the world.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by usbcable(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

I know what I am talking about, The north is at the advantage the way it is right now. Easy to join the military etc.

What we can do to be more advantageous is to make more of those almajiri join the military while the few educated one go into the politics, banking and the OIL sector.

obviously you must be a core supporter of military coup.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by kpolli(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2011
A typical Mallo or is it Malu
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by nagoma(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2011
@Point B
WE (southerners and middle belts)
I will personally donate funds to help give northerners a better education. It will be my contribution to help alleviate the plights of several disadvantages people. Charity must begin at home.

One of the many problems with southerners is their loud mouth, you are so selfish that you cannot donate to your own brothers and sisters and you are boasting of paying for northern education! Please show me a similar gesture from the south ,to the one below;

[i]Dangote,  Donations Lift Ibadan Flood Victims
26 Sep 2011
Views: 479[/i][b]

By  Tunde Sanni

Three weeks after, donations and relief materials are still pouring in for the survivors of the August 26 flood disaster in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state.

The latest donors included the President of Dangote group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, and the Africa Plc, who donated relief and food materials worth N60.5million to the flood victims.[/b]Dangote, who promised to return later to invest in the
state, promised a cash donation of N50 million and food items worth N10 million. He appealed to the people of the state to stop building on waterways.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by tissot84: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2011
lol
the thread sounds funny
i think we should ignore the OP becos he needs to visit the north and get himself educated

when so called northern elite/rich wants to hold on to their money and wants the remaining to stay poor, wat can the ibos and yorubas do.

Is dat not y they implement sharia.

and the so called educated ones wat are they doing eg Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab

i think the ibos and the yorubas have no hand in y they are not educated. i think they are not helping each others.
we are not killing them here in yorubas and ibo states like they kill our brothers over there.

REMEMBER WHEN YOU POINT UR FINGER AT SOMEONE TO BLAME HIM OR HER, THE OTHER FOUR FINGERS ARE POINTING BACK AT YOU . MEANING THEY HAVE 80% OF THE BLAMES
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by ibrak90(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2011
Who cares ?

If only there leaders who have been in the aim of affair since independence wish them well,

Who cares ??
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Beync(f): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2011
For more than 35yrs, All those educated Northern elites could not educate their illiterate communities, they only taught them islamic laws and principles, see the results SMH
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by jimjones: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2011
this is what u get when an idiot like depilot is given access to a computer with internet. i'm pretty certain the igbos and yorubas are behind boko haram.

depilot = industrial strength retard
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by handler55: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2011
hmm
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by islamrules(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2011
Hello Nigerians,

War is the last thing we need in Nigeria. War has no good fruit, but death, hunger, instability, diseases and long-term hatred and un-forgiveness.
Without taking side religiously, as Nigerians, we should assess the situation, the cause, root and genesis of this war-mongering by Niger/Delta and daily blood birth by Boko-haram.

What are the causes?

1. Selfishness: Some people in the North believes they own Nigeria and Hausa population is more than both Yoruba, Ibo and Niger/Deltans. They believe if they win the majority in the North, they have won generally. But let do the math. North is just full of in-habited blank lands/deserts. Except Kaduna, Kano, Zaria, where else is population in the North?
South-west? – Everywhere in the west is populated (there is even competition for land in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan) People are many but no land. Lagos is still the most populated city in west Africa. I am not sure of Africa as a whole. What do I need to say about South-South ?

2. Weak Government: We are being governed by a weak, non-directional and clueless man, who thinks some people are more powerful than Nigerian constitution. He has skeleton in his cupboard and therefore is afraid of his head too. He has forgotten that as long as he is the Chief Commander of armed forces, he is the most powerful man in Nigeria.

3. Corruption and disregard for rule of law: There is no law court that is powerful enough to try our ex-military president. I don’t want to mention name. They are the so-called notorious “CABAL” ruling for the past 30 years.

4. Religious Intolerance/bigotry, poverty, illiteracy: Many Nigerians are being used because of poverty or religion believes. This whole show of Boko-haram and NJ guys is far from being religious, but purely political. But, the perpetrators of these evil acts hide under the umbrella of religion to maim and kill innocent Nigeria. By that method, they can get cheap labour/people to use for their insanity.

In conclusion, it is obvious that these evil tools are achieving their aims to destabilize the country by toying with the minds of Nigerians, by making them believe it is a religious war they are fighting.

Nigerians should think up and stop being used. We should unite,embarrass and disgrace them.
We should all say a big “NO” and denial to Boko-haram (any Islamic terrorist) and Niger/delta/Massob/OPC and others.
At the end of the day, these people will gain and win either through amnesty money or bribe from the presidency as an appeasement.

We Nigerians need to mend our fences. Outsiders from Niger, Sudan and Chad come into Nigeria and join book-haram to kill us, we Nigerians on our Land just because our fences are open. What is wrong with us?

We need to embrace one other regardless of religion, tribe or education. We are black and no truth or religion can block this fact.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by aloyemeka1: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
Why do Northerners think they are entitled to education reimbursement from the South?. They flooded the Nigerian army and should have used that opportunity to go to school at the expense of the govt but their refusal to use it shows to education is more of a passionate thing than a factor that needs serious financial support. They have no passion for education and even if you plant YALE, HARVARD OR STANFORD at every village in Kebbi state, they still will not attend it.

We now come back to the famous OBASANJO's question to Shehu Shagari:
When Obasanjo was newly elected, statistics show that literacy rate is about 60% in the south and 11% in the North and Shehu shagari asked Obasanjo to make it a priority to close that gap and Obasanjo laughed so hard and asked him why he didn't close the gap when he was president.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by badesco(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
@depilot. where did you get your facts from? it is always very good, to first confirm facts before publishing. i take it that you are just kidding.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by mathskill: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
What Lord Lugard thought about Nigerians
I came across this article. Quite annoying!!

"In character and temperament, the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control, discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewellery. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals’ placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has reached. Through the ages the African appears to have evolved no organized religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural"

“He lacks the power of organization, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility , he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue, In brief, the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy, Perhaps the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future."

---Lord Frederick John Dealty Lugard, The Dual Mandate, pg.70 (1926)"

Lord lugard made this generalization and did not mention any tribe but refered to all nigerians.Continue blaming the North for all the wrong in nigeria.Upon all the education the southerner's claim to have we stiil have

Baby making  factories are found in south east nigeria
Baba suwe found with cocaine
Benin girls flocking to italy to display their nash
All corrupt and disgraced bank chiefs that dipped their hands into depositors fund are from the south, none is a northerner
Orkija shrine is in the south
The first coup was by igbo southern officer's who aborted democracy at it's infancy and killed northern leader's and a few of their friends in the south while leaving all major southern players alive
Anini the greatest armed robber to have operated in nigeria is a southerner.
All those yahoo,yahoo 419ers,fraudsters and drug pedlers are all southerner's.
Lagos streets are barricaded because of armed robbery attack organized by southern gangs
The so called education you get is by intimidation on your campuses through cultism by frightning university lectures AND OBTAIN fake certificate at oluwole ETC
There is no tribe in nigeria that is without blame hausa/fulani,igbo,yoruba and the rest all have fault.but when you continue accusing just one of them is dishonesty.May God guide us all.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by TenKobo1: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
Education makes one independent minded, an independent-minded fellow thinks outside the box/mob. So one of the good things education will bring to the north is an eternal death to their follow-follow mentality. With that, the thing you assume to be love and unity, which i interpret as the inability to take decision, which is a primary quality of the ignorant, will be gone with the wind.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by jakigaga(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
I quiet agree with the poster only about 20% of northern Nigeria is educated,yet they have been in power for longer than any other tribe in Nigeria.They didn't start the coups in Nigeria,but they learnt and perfected it.Imagine every military ruler in nigeria had a southern vp yet they didn't have the guts or intelligence to plan any successful one.the ones that did try,well we all remember oladipo diya crying in front of Abacha.So whilst southerners leave the country for greener pastures elsewhere the northerners stay and rise in the civil service.the uneducated ones farm during the farming season and do menial jobs in the off season there by earning tax free income in the south(begging included).Only a northerner can create a conglomerate and employ people of other tribe more than those of his own tribe,Dangote with dangote,Intels with atiku,bamanga tukur with his shipping line.I think if a people that are illiterate can rule a region of southern nigeria with 80-90% literacy,remember there are more profs in ekiti than the whole of northern nigeria,then we should give credit to the few educated Northerners.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by islamrules(m): 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
Lord lugard made this generalization and did not mention any tribe but refered to all nigerians.Continue blaming the North for all the wrong in nigeria.Upon all the education the southerner's claim to have we stiil have

Baby making factories are found in south east nigeria
Baba suwe found with cocaine
Benin girls flocking to italy to display their nash
All corrupt and disgraced bank chiefs that dipped their hands into depositors fund are from the south, none is a northerner
Orkija shrine is in the south
The first coup was by igbo southern officer's who aborted democracy at it's infancy and killed northern leader's and a few of their friends in the south while leaving all major southern players alive
Anini the greatest armed robber to have operated in nigeria is a southerner.
All those yahoo,yahoo 419ers,fraudsters and drug pedlers are all southerner's.
Lagos streets are barricaded because of armed robbery attack organized by southern gangs
The so called education you get is by intimidation on your campuses through cultism by frightning university lectures AND OBTAIN fake certificate at oluwole ETC
There is no tribe in nigeria that is without blame hausa/fulani,igbo,yoruba and the rest all have fault.but when you continue accusing just one of them is dishonesty.May God guide us all.

Plus +
1. Homosexual practice by Almanjiri boys.
2. Boko-Haram
3. Nigeria first 419 perpetrator and inventor (IBB)
4. Cannibalism in Jos ( Fulanis killed Jos people and use their flesh to make Suya. I witnessed this)
5. Inbreeding (Sexual abormination)
6. Child sex abuse.
7. And many more

We dont need to point fingers at others, we are all sinners. The world is bad, that is why God said there will be judgment day.

We need to start moving forward. Let past be past
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Diligence: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
For ur backwardness, hold responsible ur leaders, majority of whom had held leadership positions for decades and yet sans any meaningful human resources devpt!
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by mathskill: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
islamrules:

Plus +
1. Same-sex practice by Almanjiri boys.
2. Boko-Haram
3. Nigeria first 419 perpetrator and inventor (IBB)
4. Cannibalism in Jos ( Fulanis killed Jos people and use their flesh to make Suya. I witnessed this)
5. Inbreeding (intimate abormination)
6. Child sex abuse.
7. And many more

We dont need to point fingers at others, we are all sinners. The world is bad, that is why God said there will be judgment day.

We need to start moving forward. Let past be past
My point exacctly NO ONE IS A SAINT IN NIGERIA.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
why are u guys not educated? Blame your leaders for not educating yhu guys, the yorubas and igbos have nothing to do with this""" yhu guys come to sw and se and still dont go to school, is that our fault too? Are u guys chased from school? Ungrateful zealots, blame your leaders not a tribe!
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by DonRichie(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
Introducing the home of FREE INTERNET SURFING, FREE MP3 DOWNLOADS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATED NAIJA NEWS AND MUCH MORE VISIT www.upnaija.com
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by juszoe82: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
Fool,which tribes in this country get free eduction more than others?.The kind of support norths has,if igbo or yoruba get that kind of support,they will go far more than they are today.so northerners should not even open their mouth to voice out such a comment.Most of them are nothing but an animals.They should asked themselves why is it that the rich ones among them can not send their children for terror attack.Instead for the rich to help them rather they will kill them by using them as a terrorist.This guys need to be rethink.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From On Going Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge. / What If We Bring Back The Whites To Nigeria? / Biafra Flag Spotted In Shoprite Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.