Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days (12760 Views)

Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict / Tribunal Sacks Kogi East Senator, Echocho, Orders Re-Run In 94 Polling Units / Delta Tribunal Sacks James Manager, Order Fresh Election In Delta South. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by References1: 6:39am On Sep 07, 2023
The Delta State Election Petition Tribunal has sacked Senator Joel-Onowakpo Thomas, popularly known as JOT, the lawmaker representing the Delta South Senatorial District in the National Assembly.

The National and State Houses of Assembly Election Tribunal sitting in Asaba, Delta State has ordered a re-run election in Warri South Local Government Area of the state for the Delta South Senatorial District.

The Senatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Michael Diden, aka Ejele had challenged the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Senator Joel Onowakpo-Thomas (JOT) in the 2023 National Assembly elections.

Diden and his party, the PDP, in their petition marked EPT/DT/SEN/ 01/2023, asked the tribunal to void INEC’s declaration of candidate of the APC Joel-Onowakpo, alleging that he was not duly elected by the majority of lawful votes cast at the polls.

A three-man panel headed by Justice Cathrine Ogunsola in her ruling declared that the election that brought in Joel-Onowakpo was inconclusive and therefore ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a supplementary election in the Warri South council area of Delta South senatorial district within 90 days.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/06/tribunal-sacks-apc-senator-joel-onowakpo-orders-rerun-within-90-days

JOT reacts
Delta South Senatorial District Tribunal Verdict

I am aware of the judgement delivered by the National Assembly Petition Tribunal sitting in Asaba, Delta State.

Though we are yet to receive the certified true copy of the judgement, preliminary brief suggested sufficient grounds for appeal which will give us victory.

As I consult the leadership of our party and my legal team, rest assured that, we will appeal this judgement and we will do everything within our God given grace to defend our mandate.

However, I wish to urge my teeming supporters and APC faithfuls in Delta South Senatorial District to remain calm and show brotherly love to one another

Rest assured that, by God's grace, the mandate you gave to me at the polls will be defended and I will remain your Senator now and for the next four years.

Signed:

Senator Joel-Onowakpo Thomas FCA FCTI MBA,
Delta South Senatorial District

6th September 2023

1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by sheguy(m): 6:42am On Sep 07, 2023
I wonder what ipob will say about this judgement.

Hopefully they will not resume Biafra or death now that it has been confirm that Obi has no mandate to retrieve

I dedicate you don't wanna go down there by 2face to them, Great jam.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by 1950Mack: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2023
grin dem just de sack people left right and center.... but I think this is a sign of progress in Nigerian politics... it will encourage credible elections and due diligence by politicians... na small small... we'll get there... our politics will definitely mature wink

11 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Ofunaofu: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2023
grin
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by inoki247: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2023
Lol go colet ur breakfast in peace...
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by tobtap: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2023
Lolzzz...naija I hail

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by ecolime(m): 6:44am On Sep 07, 2023
This is the beauty of democracy. Take your evidence to court and prove your case.

The law doesn't operate on sentiments.

#GodBlessTheJudiciary

16 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by FashionCookie(f): 6:44am On Sep 07, 2023
Okay o. Anything una like make una do
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2023
As president do him. Governor self follow.

No rule of law.

Everyone will become a law.

Protest is looming but in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by BigDawsNet: 6:45am On Sep 07, 2023
We just dey see rerun everywhere...

Be like say that option is mot available for the presidency

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Creamypie(m): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2023
As I dislike APC at national level, na so I dislike PDP at state level in delta APC go win. Ned Nwoko was equally beaten by APC. B4 okowa come cook last minute result for 2 local government- Ika south and north-east. Na only those e take get votes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by obembet(f): 6:46am On Sep 07, 2023
Justice everywhere. grin

Judiciary truly listen to the voice of the Masses.

This is Victory for democracy grin

8 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by ThiefnubuBandit: 6:46am On Sep 07, 2023
Nigeria is an irredeemable contraption.

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by opamoses1: 6:46am On Sep 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:

The presidency is bullet proof.
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by jahsharon: 6:46am On Sep 07, 2023
In the words of sour losers, this is victory for democracy and the judges are noble men. But when they lose, then the judges have been bought

9 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Ochies: 6:47am On Sep 07, 2023
Well done Tribunal
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by LegendHero(m): 6:47am On Sep 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:

If LP and PDP get evidence, tribunal would have favored them.

But since they knew they lost the election, they got fixated on disqualifying Tinubu through the back door.

If this PDP guy in Delta fail to provide credible evidence, the court wouldn’t have ordered a rerun.

45 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by DMerciful(m): 6:52am On Sep 07, 2023
This is what the PEPT should have done
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by DenreleDave(m): 6:52am On Sep 07, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
As president do him. Governor self follow.

No rule of law.

Everyone will become a law.

Protest is looming but in the nearest future.

We beg u to start now with Ur families Pls

40 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Ladyclara002(f): 6:52am On Sep 07, 2023
We still dey watch
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Yankee101: 6:52am On Sep 07, 2023

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by mrvitalis(m): 6:53am On Sep 07, 2023
I am patiently waiting for judgement from IMO state, Kaduna governorship election, nassarawa governorship, Enugu governorship elections

No election took place in IMO the whole state hope just wrote results and declared

3 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by DenreleDave(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Bcox òbi case holds no water..

Tell. Him to provide evidence, not go and verify grin grin grin grin

The court works with facts & evidence... This is not anambra court that gave him mandate that belongs to Ngige

grin grin grin grin

41 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by DMerciful(m): 6:55am On Sep 07, 2023
You know say Tinubu has compromised the judiciary...why are we pretending?

The judgement is 100% what batists have been saying making it obvious it was written for the judges. They couldn't even read the judgement...reading like they were seeing it for the first time
LegendHero:

If LP and PDP get evidence, tribunal would have favored them.

But since they knew they lost the election, they got fixated on disqualifying Tinubu through the back door.

If this PDP guy in Delta fail to provide credible evidence, the court wouldn’t have ordered a rerun.

1 Like

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by DenreleDave(m): 6:55am On Sep 07, 2023
mrvitalis:
I am patiently waiting for judgement from IMO state, Kaduna governorship election, nassarawa governorship, Enugu governorship elections

No election took place in IMO the whole state hope just wrote results and declared

U no go insult Yoruba today?

We thank God... Even Racoon is changing

Let's just support BAT for a good Nigeria....

If He doesn't do well, we will boot him out

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by BigDawsNet: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2023
DenreleDave:

Bcox òbi case holds no water..

Tell. Him to provide evidence, not go and verify grin grin grin grin

The court works with facts & evidence... This is not anambra court that gave him mandate that belongs to Ngige

grin grin grin grin

Works with fact but made the 25% irrelevant... I tot someone made that into law years back 😃
Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by mrvitalis(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2023
DenreleDave:

U no go insult Yoruba today?

We thank God... Even Racoon is changing

Let's just support BAT for a good Nigeria....

If He doesn't do well, we will boot him out
Show me my comments insulting Yorubas... I am part Yoruba myself my grandma is from ibokoda in ilaje Ondo state... So get your facts straight

I don't roll in the mud like you and your father do

4 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by DenreleDave(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2023
mrvitalis:

Show me my comments insulting Yorubas... I am part Yoruba myself my grandma is from ibokoda in ilaje Ondo state... So get your facts straight

I don't roll in the mud like you and your father do

So why do u hate yorubas so much.. Vitalis

Did u inherit this hatred from your father's people?

Bcox I know if u truly have Yoruba blood, hate will not be manifesting in Ur life like this but it seem the blood of hatred in you from ur father's tribe dominates your blood system

Let's be at peace.... Igbo Yoruba And all

42 Likes

Re: Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days by Savechild23: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2023
If u pay u get judgment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. / Ike Ekweremadu And Enugu Leaders In New York Meet - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.