Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict (9735 Views)

Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict / Delta: Tribunal Sacks APC's Senator Joel Onowakpo, Orders Re-Run In 90 Days / Sacked APC NWC Makes U-Turn, Won’t Challenge Dissolution In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Thonyb2: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2023
An All Progressives Congress, APC, senator, Joel-Onowakpo Thomas, has vowed to challenge the nullification of his election by the National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Asaba, Delta State.

The tribunal had in a ruling on Wednesday declared the February 25 National Assembly election for Delta South Senatorial District inconclusive.

The tribunal also ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to conduct a supplementary re-run election in the Warri South Local Government Area of the state within 90 days.

Thomas had been declared winner of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

However, following a petition by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Micheal Diden, the tribunal voided Thomas’ victory, declaring the election inconclusive.

Reacting to the tribunal’s judgement in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Thursday, Thomas said he will appeal the verdict.

“I am aware of the judgement delivered by the National Assembly Petition Tribunal sitting in Asaba, Delta State.

“Though we are yet to receive the certified true copy of the judgement, preliminary brief suggest sufficient grounds for appeal which will give us victory.

“As I consult the leadership of our party and my legal team, be rest assured that, we will appeal this judgement and we will do everything within our God given grace to defend our mandate.”

He urged his supporters and members of the APC in Delta South Senatorial District to remain calm.

“Be rest assured that, by God’s grace, the mandate you gave to me at the polls will be defended and I will remain your Senator now and for the next four years.”

https://.ng/2023/09/08/sacked-apc-senator-joel-onowakpo-vows-to-challenge-tribunal-verdict/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Isokotolopia: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2023
When it comes to JOT, its not abt party.

Diden should go and rest, this dirty game they want to play, JOT sabi am pass them.

Shey the Warri South LGA na im be the issues, we go see as e go.

The only Isoko Senator since after Senator Stella Omu na im this people wan use wuru wuru disturb, PDP Wayo, Apc wayo na im full the election

6 Likes

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by SendoSendal: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2023
Everyone is always "vowing"
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Yankiss(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
It's good. This is where democracy, however bad, is better than military rule. Military own, u can't appeal.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by hisexcellency34: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nobody should beg him ooo

1 Like

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Opintiwa: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
Criminal from the scrotum of bulaba
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Skillsnigeria: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
smiley
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Cantonese: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
Those are PDP strongholds. Warri South is a PDP stronghold.
Additionally PDP has sort of recovered in Delta state. They apparently have overcome some challenges recently and should defeat APC there.
Sheriff will do all he can to make it 2 - 1 senators in favour of PDP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lolz.. make e rest
Shebi den lowkey worked for kekerenke 75

1 Like

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by bestman09(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
I'm watching

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by dennisworld1(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
Cantonese:
Additionally PDP has sort of recovered in Delta state. They apparently have overcome some challenges recently and should defeat APC there.
Sheriff nor get wait. The Majority in warri south which are the Urhobos will decide the Votes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by garfield1: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Isokotolopia:
When it comes to JOT, its not abt party.

Diden should go and rest, this dirty game they want to play, JOT sabi am pass them.

Shey the Warri South LGA na im be the issues, we go see as e go.

The only Isoko Senator since after Senator Stella Omu na im this people wan use wuru wuru disturb, PDP Wayo, Apc wayo na im full the election

What is the demography of warri south lga? Cc tutudesz,efewestern,honlucas,kennyprince
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by garfield1: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2023
Cantonese:

Warri south is too cosmopolitan to be any party stronghold.i feel urhobo might vote Joel and itsekiti vote diden
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
okay ooo
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by FireUpNow(m): 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
Go ahead and challenge the judgement. It's your right to do so. But bear in mind the m Ani g of your name (Onowakpo). Before you think you owns it all.
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Evestar200(f): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2023
If people will stop looking at Political parties and start looking at candidates they will know JOT is a better candidate than Diden.

1 Like

Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Efewestern: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2023
garfield1:

What is the demography of warri south lga? Cc tutudesz,efewestern,honlucas,kennyprince

Urhobo make up the the majority in the urban area and Itsekiri dominates the rural. The Isokos are mostly in Urban and are not indigenous unlike the Urhobos.

The Ijaw population in the LGA is also insignificant. JOT has the Urhobo population to rally around with and with the BVAS, the votes from the creeks can't do much.
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Debbieeeeeee: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2023
Evestar200:
If people will stop looking at Political parties and start looking at candidates they will know JOT is a better candidate than Diden.
I agree! JOT is a better candidate.
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Cantonese: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
garfield1:

Warri south is too cosmopolitan to be any party stronghold.i feel urhobo might vote Joel and itsekiti vote diden

Yes, but Warri South has always being a PDP stronghold. Have you wondered why the results were inconclusive and victory given to APC. For me it was the need for Omo Agege to deliver the state and the fact that he was on the governorship ballot, which he lost.

My brother, I am of the belief that PDP will not want to lose a foot anymore in Delta state. The anger against PDP turned against APC, with the policies at the federal level leading many into more misery. It was the anger against PDP and the over confidence of the PDP that cost grounds to APC and LP.

For me, PDP will reclaim that seat.
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by garfield1: 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Cantonese:

Yes, but Warri South has always being a PDP stronghold. Have you wondered why the results were inconclusive and victory given to APC. For me it was the need for Omo Agege to deliver the state and the fact that he was on the governorship ballot, which he lost.

My brother, I am of the belief that PDP will not want to lose a foot anymore in Delta state. The anger against PDP turned against APC, with the policies at the federal level leading many into more misery. It was the anger against PDP and the over confidence of the PDP that cost grounds to APC and LP.

For me, PDP will reclaim that seat.

I don't agree.pdp strongholds are delta north.pdp rigged Bowen ward that's why it was cancelled
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by garfield1: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
Efewestern:

Urhobo make up the the majority in the urban area and Itsekiri dominates the rural. The Isokos are mostly in Urban and are not indigenous unlike the Urhobos.

The Ijaw population in the LGA is also insignificant. JOT has the Urhobo population to rally around with and with the BVAS, the votes from the creeks can't do much.

I thought warri south lga is the urban part of warri while wsrri north and south are the rural areas with creeks.i know the urhobo will side with Joel while itsekiris with ejele.all Joel needs to do is to make sure the margin doesn't exceed 2000
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Efewestern: 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
garfield1:

I thought warri south lga is the urban part of warri while wsrri north and south are the rural areas with creeks.i know the urhobo will side with Joel while itsekiris with ejele.all Joel needs to do is to make sure the margin doesn't exceed 2000

Not everywhere in Warri South is urban. Down the creeks, you have numerous Itsekiri towns.

If the Isokos can ginger up their voters residing in Warri South (Urban) and with the help of the Urhobo population, they can get something. But sincerely speaking, it's hard to predict.
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by garfield1: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
Efewestern:

Not everywhere in Warri South is urban. Down the creeks, you have numerous Itsekiri towns.

If the Isokos can ginger up their voters residing in Warri South (Urban) and with the help of the Urhobo population, they can get something. But sincerely speaking, it's hard to predict.

Once I get excess data,I'll look at the last result and see apc performance
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by Vifx: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lol
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by sexiestharam(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2023
dennisworld1:
Sheriff nor get wait. The Majority in warri south which are the Urhobos will decide the Votes.
Do you mean Itsekiris?
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by DivineT: 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2023
Efewestern:

What is the population of ishekiris in Warri south against Urhobo?
Don’t forget that APC won Warri constituency 2 (Urhobo) in delta assembly.
Urhobo part of Warri which is Warri urban is densely populated.
Jot needs to convince Urhobo to vote for him and he will win.
Re: Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict by dennisworld1(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
sexiestharam:

Do you mean Itsekiris?
They are not much in warri south. Forget that show off

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers / DSS To Arrest 8 More Judges, 7 Still In Custody-daily Trust / Identities Of Two Senior Police Officers Killed & Burnt By IPOB Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.