Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? (8425 Views)

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? / What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? / Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Shedrack777: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2023
Mindlog:
In as much I am not into tithing and offer what I am comfortable with to support my Parish, I would question why one who is into it would be uncomfortable with paying it where he/she worships as that means he/she have reservations about the Church/Parish, then why do you still worship there?
on point! the best thing is to change parish since that church milk people dry once they know your earning. the parish won't jail him if he decides to quit them and join another church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Maga123: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2023
Some people have problem of even giving the tithe. My own opinion on this matter is it is not advisable you split.the church u worship and the pastor or bishop or priest which ever be the case you are under is a spiritual cover over you

1 Like

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Shantyken(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
As long as you pay your tithe and don't keep it for personal use, then it's okay. If you are in any gathering of the brethren, you can pay your tithe. God gave us freewill and the Bible portion says "bring ye the tithes into my house"......, (the church). Personally, I sometimes pay my tithe to any pastor when I see they have a need, especially the genuine upcoming ones who need help. I sometimes connect to Christian groups online, and atimes pay part of my tithe to them.
If u pay ur tithe to pastor sometimes is no more tithe. As u quote malachi also make reference to how tithing was in old testament
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Saao(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Even those scriptures above totally negate everything you posted above... Aren't you confused??!

"23 And thou shalt eat before Jehovah thy God, in the place which he shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there, the tithe of thy grain, of thy new wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herd and of thy flock; that thou mayest learn to fear Jehovah thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is too far from thee, which Jehovah thy God shall choose, to set his name there, when Jehovah thy God shall bless thee;"

Besides, take a look at verses 27-29, as they throw more light on Tithing and those tithes were (Past tense) for:

"27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no portion nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of every three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase in the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 and the Levite, because he hath no portion nor inheritance with thee, and the sojourner, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that Jehovah thy God may bless thee in all the work of thy hand which thou doest."

Since we are on the subject of Old testament laws... How come many of you Christians don't obey this verse in the same scripture you lifted?

"4 These are the beasts which ye may eat: the ox, the sheep, and the goat,
5 the hart, and the gazelle, and the roebuck, and the wild goat, and the pygarg, and the antelope, and the chamois.
6 And every beast that parteth the hoof, and hath the hoof cloven in two, [and] cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that may ye eat.
7 Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that have the hoof cloven: the camel, and the hare, and the coney; because they chew the cud but part not the hoof, they are unclean unto you.
8 And the swine, because he parteth the hoof but cheweth not the cud, he is unclean unto you: of their flesh ye shall not eat, and their carcasses ye shall not touch.
9 These ye may eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales may ye eat;"

Was it not Peter who was reprimanded by the Angel when he voiced out against eating these same things?

"14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common."
... in the place which he shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there, the tithe of thy grain, of thy new wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herd and of thy flock; that thou mayest learn to fear Jehovah thy God always. The word place in v23 is referring to your place of worship which God dwell. That's where you pay your tithe
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Shedrack777: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Non of this.

no one will know what you're earning unless of course you're the only one paying tithe or you always write your name on your envelop. stop using bank transfers to pay your tithe, always bring cash to pay it
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Shantyken(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
TheNobleProphet:
Humans should STOP putting pressure on themselves because GOD ALMIGHTY FATHER our CREATOR does NOT need your money!

All HE wants from us (human beings) is to "genuinely strive and live in accordance with HIS Holy Laws and by "genuinely making sincere/practical efforts to live in accordance with HIS Holy Will"!

The "original concept of tithing" is in Deuteronomy where the verse (Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 - 29 kjv) explicitly explained what tithing is all about which is primarily giving to the needy/less privilege particularly "widows and orphans!

From the above mentioned bible verse, it can also be noted that "tithing" is meant to be given to your fellow men/Neighbour whether you choose do it in The House of The LORD is your choice!

Tithing is NOT to be submitted to any "criminal pastor" as it is being practiced now which is very WRONG!

The above mentioned verse also "prescribe" that you can "tithe" with alcohol!

Don't let NO criminal pastor fool/manipulate you!

Free yourselves from their "false/twisted" doctrines!

Shalom!

No mind them
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by cybug: 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
Saao:
... in the place which he shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there, the tithe of thy grain, of thy new wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herd and of thy flock; that thou mayest learn to fear Jehovah thy God always. The word place in v23 is referring to your place of worship which God dwell. That's where you pay your tithe

And how do you pay your tithe?

You pay your tithe by eating it.

You left the other part of the verses that talked about how the tithe is paid
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Angelfrost(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
Saao:

I see how you conveniently avoided all the key pointers to your doctrinal beliefs from my submission earlier only to come up with this lame interpretation above...!

I understand... Raising money is not easy these days. grin
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
scoobyblogspot:

God understands that you truly want to pay your tithe but something came up, which prompted to paying half.

I'm not paying half. Splitting it into two to pay each halve in different parishes.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
Card7:

What if you put it in a blank evelop without writing your name on it and all?

They'll give you the one with your name on it to put it otherwise it can be mistaken for love offering.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
Shedrack777:
no one will know what you're earning unless of course you're the only one paying tithe or you always write your name on your envelop. stop using bank transfers to pay your tithe, always bring cash to pay it
They have the tithe record with everyones name written on it and ticked when you pay.

Even if you do a transfer you'll still need to indicate it there which will later be recorded.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2023
sotall:
undecided

Enriching your fellow man while believing to reap from an unknown source is the definition of a fool and his money are soon parted.

So if you help somebody with food or money to buy food, you're a fool? Smh.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by MrPristine: 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2023
I can't believe that Nigerians are still falling for this tithing scam after all the exposure on the subject matter.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Saao(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

I see how you conveniently avoided all the key pointers to your doctrinal beliefs from my submission earlier only to come up with this lame interpretation above...!

I understand... Raising money is not easy these days. grin
hmm their is a limit to your understanding. Anyway, it's between you and God so decide the way to go. I attempted to answer the OP but you quoted me. God bless you
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Saao(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
cybug:

And how do you pay your tithe?

You pay your tithe by eating it.

You left the other part of the verses that talked about how the tithe is paid
question the OP asked wasn't about how but place of payment. Thank you
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
bassdow:

I see nothing bad there. After all, it all goes to God/god. 10% is 10% even if you choose to pay 3-times, or split it among 100 parishes / churches

Ok.
Thanks
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by phemmyfour: 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Is it right to split your tithe to different parishes if you don't want your parish to know how much you're earning? Will it still cumulate as tithe?

Is this a wrong or deceptive move?
You don't have to pay tithe. Give from your heart to your Church. The heart that gives is more important than what you give
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
Shedrack777:
on point! the best thing is to change parish since that church milk people dry once they know your earning. the parish won't jail him if he decides to quit them and join another church

Point of correction. They don't milk people dry. It's just me that wants to do it that way
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Elsueno: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
I don't pay any freaking Tithe to any freaking pastor or church.....nobody go chop for free on top my sweat like dat....I make sure person really really need help before I help & I myself most be comfortable at dat point in time.

If u like threatened me with hellfire & devil, u no go see shishi..pastors that can't take care of themselves without collecting from thier members. Just because u be pastor doesn't give u a reason to lazy about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Is it right to split your tithe to different parishes if you don't want your parish to know how much you're earning? Will it still cumulate as tithe?

Free yourself from enslavement mentality.
Read 2cor9:6, Like 6:38.

Give as you are prospered not out of compulsion. If you sow sparingly, you reap sparingly and vice versa. God loves a cheerful giver. With the measure you givem you shall be blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Expanse2020(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
This is what Paul said
Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)

New testament was not even support the Tithe things
By the New Testament, Christians were not commanded to tithe anymore but rather encouraged to voluntarily give to the church (and to God) in proportion to their wealth. Even in New Testament passages like Matthew 22:15-22, Matthew 23:23, and Romans 13:1-7, Jesus was only referring to the Old Testament command on tithing – not advocating for the return of the requirement.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Profzeb: 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Those who pay tithes are not Christians, they lack God's knowledge and are vulnerable to dubious 'pastors' who use malachi 3:10 to rob them. None of the apostles paid tithe. Christ commanded his followers to pay tax to government but never asked them to pay tithe. Christ is the end of the law of tithe. Bible revealed that only the Levitical priesthoods were allowed to receive tithe from other tribes of Israel because they had no other inheritance but only to serve in God's house. Also, old testament revealed that tithe is only to be paid once in every 3yrs and not yearly, monthly or weekly. The quest for the proceeds from tithe is the major reason why there are more churches in Nigeria than the number of families. Anyone collecting tithe today is a thief and is robbing innocent naive persons. God now wants Christians to give willfully and cheerfully and as one purposes in his/her heart in keeping with one's income. 1Cor 16:1-2; 2Cor 9:6-7.

1 Like

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Zooposki(f): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Charly68: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pay to the source where God is feeding you spiritually . Don't serve God in Folly ,nobody is monitoring your income. If your shepherd is praying that God should bless you daily as his disciple and God is doing so but you are trying to hide the blessing ,who are you deceiving ? Paying your tithe is a recognition of God's faithfulness to your life so when you pay you are simply partnering with Him .Anyone telling you not to pay your tithe is godless .
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Shedrack777: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Point of correction. They don't milk people dry. It's just me that wants to do it that way
your reason is that you don't want your church to know your exact earning right? then, you've already painted your church bad with your reason. you need to have another reason apart from this for us to agree.
my advice: you can pay your tithe even in 10 batches to 10different churches, but your intention is what matters. but it is better you pay your tithe in the current church you worship
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by bassdow: 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

How does it go to God?!! Your Bible clearly states that God doesn't delight in the sacrifice of Bulls and Rams??!

Even the tithing in Israel was directed at the Jews solely for the benefit of full-time God-ordained Priests who were forbidden from working and owning farms but to serve and eat strictly from the storehouses of the temples.

None of you present-day believers are Jews (Not One)... At best, you are gentiles allowed into God's promise by Grace.

If your church needs money for anything, then cheerfully donate to them without compulsion as The Bible clearly states that He loves those who give cheerfully.

Aunty, I only ECHOed what people belived in.

Moreover, me no longer is a Christian. I quit being a CHRISTian over 5-years ago. Before then, I paid my tithe and never gave m yself wahala of where it's going to, or what it's being used for.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by scoobyblogspot(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm not paying half. Splitting it into two to pay each halve in different parishes.

Okay.. nothing do you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Shedrack777: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

They have the tithe record with everyones name written on it and ticked when you pay.

Even if you do a transfer you'll still need to indicate it there which will later be recorded.
then, tell your parish to stop recording or tickin your name. as long as God knows you've paid your tithe, you're ok with it. should they refuse, then, you either change parish or endure. but whatever you give, just know that you're giving to God and not man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Tingotoe: 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
I cannot be so stupid and dumb as to hand over 10% of my income to a fraudster claiming to be a man of God. Such nonsense!
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by ogascomax: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Although on my own I see it as deception Sha. Some times d thing dey come across my mind oo. While sometimes I pay my tithe double times. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Tithe should be paid once instead of d strategy we applied for personal reasons as you have said.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Tundesimple123(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
Noooo is not biblical
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by ogascomax: 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
Kenmatt:
Why wasting your money in the name of paying tithes?

Most of you claim you go to Church, you read and receive Bible teachings but you don't understand the teachings of Bible.

Just like Philip and the man he met near the River bank.

Na you come be like the man so wey dey Philip story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Makes A Good Wife? / Silver Crest Blender Available For Sales / When Married Couples Call Each Other By Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.