Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? (8423 Views)

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? / What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? / Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
This is very bad. In life I trust no one. It's wrong to let the church know ones income, because you don't even know the church members who have access to the tithe records. Everyone has a right to some privacy for God's sake.
Jewessgratitud3:

They have the tithe record with everyones name written on it and ticked when you pay.

Even if you do a transfer you'll still need to indicate it there which will later be recorded.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Kruzxx: 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
Tithe Should be secret any church tithe is open I no d go
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Vision101(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Your tithe should be paid wholely to the place that you are feed with the world of God (my house). Don't split your tithe. You are not permitted to help God share what he said that you should bring.

You can help any other church, man of God or individual by giving them donation.

Regarding secrecy you can collect the church account details and transfer your tithe without telling the church.

Finally tithe paying is a faith based thing. If you believe it and you are very faithful in your payment then you will see the magic. Some people have moved from 10% to higher percentages on their own. Some pay tithe on their delayed income or expenditure.

Spiritual things are difficult for the ordinary minds to understand. It's not about the church needing money but it's about God protecting your source and blessing you.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Ortintin: 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Just make sure you dont spend one tenth of your increase on yourself. You can give someone, churches, different people, use as charity generally. Just make sure you don't spend one tenth of any increase or money you make and the Lord will open the gates of heavens to you.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by oyeb15: 11:24pm On Sep 07, 2023
Fraud food for lazy men
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by godofuck231: 5:44am On Sep 08, 2023
If your house isn't settled or in order , you have no business with paying tithes, its the law of the religion , its something pastors wouldn't tell you , that is the law and tradition of the religion
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:22am On Sep 08, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
This is very bad. In life I trust no one. It's wrong to let the church know ones income, because you don't even know the church members who have access to the tithe records. Everyone has a right to some privacy for God's sake.

Exactly my point. Exactly my point!

Thanks.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Funkybabee(f): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Is it right to split your tithe to different parishes if you don't want your parish to know how much you're earning? Will it still cumulate as tithe?

Is this a wrong or deceptive move?

You pay your tithe where you are spiritually feed.

If you do attend the other perish for service you can do so but if not you can't.

My own as an example, it's the same commission, one is far to my house, I do attend it on Sunday only and workers gathering while the others is closed by, I do attend it for mid week service and I pay my tithe to the both as the spirit leads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Funkybabee(f): 7:57am On Sep 08, 2023
Or try to package it in an envelope, write tithe on it, you don't need to write your name
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Crazeworld(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2023
yemi1504:

With the God that is a preferential God and his adherents that are mostly not a light to the world like they should, why would he not quit?

It is not like they are ever give serious messages in those places of worship these days anymore asides prosperity preaching.
God loves mankind and this is demonstrated in Christ death for the sins of world. Romans 5:8 tells us that "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

The Scriptures emphasize that God's love transcends our imperfections. Even when we were lost in sin, God's love remained unwavering. Those who believe in His name, as mentioned in John 1:12, are granted the extraordinary privilege of becoming children of God. Maybe this is the preferential treatment you're referring to but this doesn't in anyway make God biased.

It is important to know that God's love holds no prejudice. There is no discrimination based on tribe, religion, race, or gender in His divine plan. This claim is reinforced by passages like John 3:16, which declares, "For God so loved the world," demonstrating that God's love encompasses all of humanity. In the eyes of God, no one is left out or favored over another; His love is impartial and all-encompassing.

I agree with you that as Christians, we are meant to be light to the world but maybe we do not really understand what being light means. This is where we need understanding through the guidance of teaching priests and also through the study of the scripture.

Serving God and serving His purposes is not really difficult as many people think. It will interest you to know that many unbelievers are keeping the laws of God even without knowing it. This is a concept of knowing what is right from wrong and doing it even without being told or watched. In the Christendom however, many of us are not really Christians because we do not know God. We are just religious people. There is a difference between both.

You said above that Churches don't preach serious messages aside teachings on prosperity. While I agree that most churches do this to grow their members, I will also like you to know that prosperity is not out of God's agenda for mankind. It is not God's design that you will be a spirit-filled Christian who can blast in tongues but still struggling to pay rent or children school fees. That doesn't in any way glorify God or portray you as light to your world. If anything at all, it exposes that person as a cancer whose faith is not worth following.

The church is meant to be a body that helps christians grow spiritually, morally, financially, and in everything you can think of through practical and faith tested teachings. Your faith in God does not mean you should be docile or incompetent at work and expect not be sacked. It doesn't mean you have a wasteful spending habit and expect not to suffer lack. Being a victorious Christian means growth in every aspect of your life. This growth must be biblically complaint, and result must be visible and tested even by unbelievers.

If you feel your church is not teaching such truth, then you shouldn't be shy to find a religious body that does. This age of the internet even makes it better as you can listen to recommended messages and see if it conforms with your belief.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by MICDAMI(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2023
can someone just transfer tithe to pastor or head of the church account directly?
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Bigplatoon: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2023
Dammyseyon:
Yes, please. You can split your tithes into as many fraction as you deem fit as long as it sums up to your tithe. Personally, I can't remember the last time I paid tithe to a parish. I pay to struggling men of God, widows and even to the orphanage.
The bible or Quran does not explicitly state that tithes must be paid to churches.

The Quran clearly mentioned the 8 kinds of people tithes should be paid to :
"Tithes are only for the poor, and the needy, the officials appointed over them, and those whose hearts are inclined to the true religion, for paying ransom for captives, and those in debts, and in the way of Allah, and the traveller; an ordinance from Allah; and Allah is all-knowing, all-wise."
Surah Taubah, Chapter 9, Verse 60.
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Sleekfingers: 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nigerians and this their slavery religion.......
Re: Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? by Jewessgratitud3: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
MICDAMI:
can someone just transfer tithe to pastor or head of the church account directly?

No not to pastors account but church account which the pastor is signatory to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Married Couples Call Each Other By Name / I'm In Love With My Dad / Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.