Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him (9150 Views)

Why FG Has Not Built A Federal Secretariat In Abia — Rep Onuigbo Reveals / Taraba Govt Reinstates Late Safiya Husband Few Days After Sacking Him / Confusion In Senate Over Onoghen As APC Senators Go To S-Court To Challenge Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Metrix147: 8:30am On Sep 07, 2023
Member representing Isuikwuato/Umunneochi federal constituency of Abia State in the House of Representatives, Hon. Amobi Ogah has rejected the judgement of the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal, NAEPT, sitting in Umuahia which sacked him as the winner of the Feb. 25 National Assembly Election, ABN TV reports.

The tribunal in its ruling on Wednesday declared the petitioner, Hon Nkeiruka Onyejeocha of the All Progressive Congress (APC) winner of a suit marked EPT/AB/HR/8/2023.

The judgement was delivered by the Chairman of the National and State House of Assembly election petitions in Abia state, Justice Adeyinka Aderibigbe.

Justice Adeyinka declared Onyejeocha winner with a total number of 11,936 votes while the second and third respondents had 9,728 votes.

He also said that Ogah was not qualified to contest in the election as he and Labour Party did not comply with the provisions of section 77 by not submitting their membership register to INEC.

In his reaction in a statement, Ogah said he rejects the ruling and will go ahead to challenge it in court.

"Let me be clear that I am rejecting the tribunal's ruling and will appeal the obvious miscarriage of justice, fairness, and objectivity", he stated.

According to Ogah, "My opponent, whom I know, did not win the election and the judge cannot announce a result presented by the petitioner as concrete against the result presented by INEC. With the benefit of hindsight, this bizarre outcome is not totally strange as we had seen tendencies of clear compromise by the panel who discarded all known principles governing election adjudication and enunciated their own principles. Indeed, manifestation of it was writ large at the adoption of final addresses wherein the current Attorney General of the Federation- Lateef Fagbemi SAN made comments suggesting underhand dealings with the Chairman of the Panel.

"I want to use this medium to call on my constituents who voted for me, knowing my capacity to deliver dividends of democracy to them, to be calm law and abiding as I appeal the judgment delivered by the tribunal.

"For the records, I scored a total of 11,769 votes against my Opponent whom the commission said scored a total of 8,752 votes. It is very bizarre that despite calling a lone witness and dumping several strange result sheets before the Tribunal, the members of the panel cognized the same and disregarded original copies of the result sheets produced from proper custody."

https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-rep-member-ogah-vows-to-challenge-suit-sacking-him/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Isokotolopia: 8:41am On Sep 07, 2023
That Apc woman is a free giver oo, you will have to seat up to reverse that Judgment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by NwekeUG(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2023
Ok. Meanwhile.

Watch the Moment Tribunal Affirmed Bola Tinubu As Nigeria's Duly Elected President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArkjkIzJQTY

2 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by 81pro: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2023
Isokotolopia:
That Apc woman is a free giver oo, you will have to seat up to reverse that Judgment
Apc are useless

3 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by tojahh(m): 8:42am On Sep 07, 2023
Make everybody Getat
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by itzzkhaliii(m): 8:42am On Sep 07, 2023
I remember that song grin
Is it funny no is not funny is it funny no is not funny.. . . African Chinaaa

Have a look at my Channel.

Watch the Full Video Here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJX4_RAMCpA?si=q0DFeW30dT0apFQC

Don't forget to #BeMySubscriber.
Thanks
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by inoki247: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2023
He go win na since outsider no get right to question how a party nominate his or her candidate....

8 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by callmevirus(m): 8:43am On Sep 07, 2023
Ok we don hear
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by nazicartel(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2023
He will challenge and win. The woman lost woefully during the last election. But same Ogah was the one frolicking with APC and Tinubu when he won earlier this year under LP

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Khastro(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2023
That's the same man who said he never knew president Tinubu was an intelligent man.
That day he sounded so excited, like a girl i just toasted.
This is a clear case of riding on someone's waves. because he didn't look like he came in with original development agenda.
Well, I wish him the best, and his constituency too.
May the law prevail.

7 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Exclusivemades: 8:44am On Sep 07, 2023
inoki247:
He go win na since outsider no get right to question how a party nominate his or her candidate....
dey play
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Antiurchins: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2023
she don go settled the judge with her urinating oven

2 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by BluntCrazeMan: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2023
Ok Ooo
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by favour32(m): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2023
Wetin dem nor fit arrange nor dey Nigeria.
If Nigeria fit arrange supreme court governor of Imo state,wetin dem nor fit arrange.
Guy lick your wound

2 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by richidinho(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Useless man
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by jordyspices: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2023
Really interesting times are head
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Redhot0007: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2023
Eyaaaa!
The people gave him mandate, he started misbehaving even before assuming office. See your life now oga.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by BluntCrazeMan: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2023
Metrix147:

https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-rep-member-ogah-vows-to-challenge-suit-sacking-him/

The Electoral-Act DIDN'T SPECIFY the penalty for A Party not to submit its party’s register before 30 days to the primaries..
The Act just mentioned it,, but there are no penalties stated in the Act..
So,, for the judge to assume powers upon himself or herself and deliver judgement that is not rooted in the law, is worrisome..

That's the same reason they couldn't nullify Obi’s candidacy., because the Electoral-Act didn't expressly specify that anyone whose name is not in the list submitted to the INEC before the Primaries is not a member..
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by lexyclasy: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2023
Isokotolopia:
Free giver how, is it philanthropic way or in the other room.
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by juman(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2023
Oh.
Most LP elected politicians in South east would be removed.

He also said that Ogah was not qualified to contest in the election as he and Labour Party did not comply with the provisions of section 77 by not submitting their membership register to INEC.
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by favour32(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2023
jordyspices:
Really interesting times are head
....ahead.
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by iCauseTrouble: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Mitsurugi(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The Electoral Act DIDN'T SPECIFY the penalty for A Party not to submit its party’s register before 30 days to the primaries.. The Act just mentioned it,, but there are no penalties..
So,, for the judge to assume powers upon itself and deliver judgement that is not rooted in the law, is worrisome..

That's the same reason they couldn't nullify Obi., because the Electoral-Act didn't expressly specify that anyone whose name is not in the list submitted to the INEC before the Primaries is not a member..

The Judiciary of Nigeria is just inconsistent.

Anyway Amobi should revert to the "intelligent" BAT for the way forward because I don’t think his party will be looking at him fondly grin

5 Likes

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by tishbite42: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2023
kitten inspired judgement
Serves the Ogah man right though grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Oyerinde16(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2023
I dont pity this guy, i personally warned him about things to be done, but hr ignired my advice, na him wise pass, now see what is about to befall him... its not to late to do the right thing...
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by obembet(f): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2023
Evidence full ground.. u must challenge back

1 Like

Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by Smoothtalkerfnb: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2023
This is the bastard obi tsunami help during election.,immediately he won he started talking against obi and supporting Tinubu..

That woman have sack your stinking ass and you deserve it Idiot.
Re: Abia Rep Member, Ogah Vows To Challenge Suit Sacking Him by mrvitalis(m): 9:00am On Sep 07, 2023
Lmaooo same man that was praising tinubu

This is one of the APC boys that used OBI wave to ride himself to power

Remember video of him praising tinubu

Obedients already told labour parties legislative that they are on their own

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Remain Unshaken By Appeal Court Judgement – Delta APC / Atiku's Source Of Wealth Revealed... Mohammed Fawehinmi / How INEC Can Tackle ‘PVC Buying’ In General Elections — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.