Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work (697 Views)

You must Be Mad If You Think Nigeria Would Ever Work, Nigeria Is Dead / Ten Reasons Why APC May Win Ekiti Governorship Election By Suanusblog / Is The Nigeria Of Our Dream Still Possible? Can It Ever Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Germannig: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2023
Copied:
Ten reasons why Nigeria will never ever work (yes, you heard me, I mean never ever).
1. Corruption scourge. The leaders are thoroughly corrupt. Unfortunately, the average citizens are only slightly different than their leaders in this regard. What Tinubu did with the judiciary yesterday, the average Nigerian would do at his own level. For most, it's a matter of the right opportunity to unleash their own interests. That's why many are happy or indifferent with the verdict.
2. Nigerians are the most tribalistic people on earth. In this case of Tinubu vs Atiku vs Obi, the Yoruba have championed tribalism and taken it to the rooftop. In other cases it is others, such as with the Fulani and Buhari in the last 8 years. Tribalism precludes rational thinking
3. Nigerians are religious fanatics. This is absolutely worse with the Muslims than with others. Religious fanaticism precludes rational thinking. No Need for further discussion on this.
4. The average Nigerian is mentally convoluted. They reason with their stomach, rather than with their brain. This is why politicians manipulate their greed, which surprisingly runs so shallow they could be manipulated with a mere $1 (N1000) bribery. It's called stomach infrastructure
5. The average Nigerian is impoverished. This is a deliberate state-sponsored ploy by leaders to perpetuate point 4 above.
6. The average Nigerian is grossly uneducated in the civic matters that anchor or foundation nation building
7. Nigerians, both rich and poor, are me-first driven. There is no collective with them. Societies that work must be collective.
8. Nigerians are very fleeting, ephemeral, and complacent. A combination of these 3 qualities means weak foundations. Any surprises nothing works in Nigeria?
9. Nigerians lack political ideologies. That's why politicians run from one party to another.
10. One of the worst of all, because this speaks to the quality of the individual humans. A lot of Nigerians lack the mental capacity to discern issues. That's why they are easily the most brainwashed people on earth. They are brainwashed with just about anything: religion, tribe, culture, politics, tokenism, peer factor, fake speech, social media, etc

Bonus point:
11. The Nigerian constitution is warped. That's why the judiciary comes up with different verdicts for similar cases. This creates the notion that Nigeria is a lawless country where some are above the law.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Stone123(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2023
cheesy
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by optionalY09: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2023
divide nigeria it will start working

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Unittyy: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2023
Let the Lamentations continue, BAT till 2031! No shaking!!

13 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by illicit(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2023
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Germannig: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2023
Unittyy:
Let the Lamentations continue, BAT till 2031! No shaking!!
This post was created exactly for folks like you. So after 2031 what next? I thought folks like you shoud learn from Buhari and Fulani. After 2023 what became of everything? Introspection is truly expensive in Nigeria. Carry on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Bestbrain123(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2023
What makes you think some other country don't have most fault you mention here.? Nigeria is it bigger than u.s.a ( i don't want to compare both but base on democratic level l need to ask.?) a big difference is indeed there but answer me first.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Germannig: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2023
Bestbrain123:
What makes you think some other country don't have most fault you mention here.? Nigeria is it bigger than u.s.a ( i don't want to compare both but base on democratic level l need to ask.?) a big difference is indeed there but answer me first.
When the US is not working like Nigeria you can ask that question.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by yoruboid: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2023
Yorubas are still the least tribalistic Nigerians.

I remember when Turai Yar Adua was trying to sideline Jonathan it was the Yorubas that fought for him.

Today Obi has more Yoruba supporters than Tinubu has Igbo supporters. And Obi’s Yoruba supporters are even more passionate than his Igbo supporters.

Obi had more votes in Yorubaland than he did in the north but then it’s the Yorubas that Igbos have decided to consider their enemies.

Regardless of what you think of Obi vs Tinubu, people can choose to support any candidate they want and you have no right to adduce it to tribalism.

9 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Unittyy: 11:01am On Sep 07, 2023
Germannig:

This post was created exactly for folks like you. So after 2031 what next? I thought folks like you shoud learn from Buhari and Fulani. After 2023 what became of everything? Introspection is truly expensive in Nigeria. Carry on.
Your own tribalism is without common sense. So Tinubu that performed excellently well in Lagos should not be allowed to lead Nigeria. But a third class graduate that failed woefully as Anambra governor is the Messiah that will transform Nigeria overnight, just because he's Igbo and younger. Dey play...

10 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by JOemmy(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2023
The major problem is nigeria's unjust structure where it's legal for peter to get robbed to pay paul during the days of regional govts nigeria's society wasn't this rotten. Criminal nigerian politicians are just taking advantage of the disorganized unjust structure to perpetuate themselves in power nothing more not that they are intelligent or smart until this unworkable structure is completely pulled down and rebuilt nigeria will just continue to go round in circles to no where.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by wakaman: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2023
If na curse, your life would never work.

Just like your region would never work.

In chukwu abiama name.

Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2023
grin grin grin

Obituary wailer spotted from the south east

6 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by FirstCounsel(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Germannig:
Copied:
Ten reasons why Nigeria will never ever work (yes, you heard me, I mean never ever).
1. The average citizens are only slightly different than their leaders. What Tinubu did with the judiciary yesterday, the average Nigerian would do at his own level. For most, it's a matter of the right opportunity to unleash their own interests. That's why many are happy or indifferent with the verdict.
2. Nigerians are the most tribalistic people on earth. In this case of Tinubu vs Atiku vs Obi, the Yoruba have championed tribalism and taken it to the rooftop. In other cases it is others, such as with the Fulani and Buhari in the last 8 years. Tribalism precludes rational thinking
3. Nigerians are religious fanatics. This is absolutely worse with the Muslims than with others. Religious fanaticism precludes rational thinking. No Need for further discussion on this.
4. The average Nigerian is mentally convoluted. They reason with their stomach, rather than with their brain. This is why politicians manipulate their greed, which surprisingly runs so shallow they could be manipulated with a mere $1 (N1000) bribery. It's called stomach infrastructure
5. The average Nigerian is impoverished. This is a deliberate state-sponsored ploy by leaders to perpetuate point 4 above.
6. The average Nigerian is grossly uneducated in the civic matters that anchor or foundation nation building
7. Nigerians, both rich and poor, are me-first driven. There is no collective with them. Societies that work must be collective.
8. Nigerians are very fleeting, ephemeral, and complacent. A combination of these 3 qualities means weak foundations. Any surprises nothing works in Nigeria?
9. Nigerians lack political ideologies. That's why politicians run from one party to another.
10. One of the worst of all, because this speaks for the quality of individual humans, a lot of Nigerians lack the mental capacity to discern issues. That's why they are easily the most brainwashed people on earth. They are brainwashed with just about anything: religion, tribe, culture, politics, tokenism, peer factor, fake speech, social media, etc

Bonus point:
11. The Nigerian constitution is warped. That's why the judiciary comes up with different verdicts for similar cases. This creates the notion that Nigeria is a lawless country where some are above the law.
Spot on bro. One cold bottle of whatever your brand is, on me!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Germannig: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Unittyy:

Your own tribalism is without common sense. So Tinubu that performed excellently well in Lagos should not be allowed to lead Nigeria. But a third class graduate that failed woefully as Anambra governor is the Messiah that will transform Nigeria overnight, just because he's Igbo and younger. Dey play...
Post says 10 point why NG will never work. Let me see you counter them. After Tinubu what next with respect to the issues raised?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by yarimo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
Next time go to court with evidence and stop typing rubbish in public forum
Germannig:
Copied:
1. The average citizens are only slightly different than their leaders. What Tinubu did with the judiciary yesterday, the average Nigerian would do at his own level. For most, it's a matter of the right opportunity to unleash their own interests. That's why many are happy or indifferent with the verdict.
10. One of the worst of all, because this speaks to the quality of the individual humans. A lot of Nigerians lack the mental capacity to discern issues. That's why they are easily the most brainwashed people on earth. They are brainwashed with just about anything: religion, tribe, culture, politics, tokenism, peer factor, fake speech, social media, etc

Bonus point:

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Kusu12: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2023
Make we rest abeg! because your messiah lost means Nigeria will not work? Obidots and emotional intelligence are far apart. Obingo that failed woefully to perform in Anambra State for 8years. Deluded obidot.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Pascal9: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nigeria is overpopulated, crowd always bring chaos.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by DMerciful(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
Absolutely. A country where corruption is over 90% cannot work
Germannig:
Copied:

Bonus point:
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by DMerciful(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
Obi and Tinubu are not comparable interms of uprightness.

Tinubu is not liked because he is super corrupt and shady. If you mention Obasanjo, tell me if he doesn't have more Igbo supporters than Yorubas
yoruboid:
Yorubas are still the least tribalistic Nigerians.

I remember when Turai Yar Adua was trying to sideline Jonathan it was the Yorubas that fought for him.

Today Obi has more Yoruba supporters than Tinubu has Igbo supporters. And Obi’s Yoruba supporters are even more passionate than his Igbo supporters.

Obi had more votes in Yorubaland than he did in the north but then it’s the Yorubas that Igbos have decided to consider their enemies.

Regardless of what you think of Obi vs Tinubu, people can choose to support any candidate they want and you have no right to adduce it to tribalism.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by DMerciful(m): 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Is Nigeria working?
Kusu12:
Make we rest abeg! because your messiah lost means Nigeria will not work? Obidots and emotional intelligence are far apart. Obingo that failed woefully to perform in Anambra State for 8years. Deluded obidot.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
DMerciful:
Is Nigeria working?

I just received my monthly stipend today send ur account details lemme surprise you with money to buy food

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Mozino007(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
LordviccoDaGuru:

I just received my monthly stipend today send ur account details lemme surprise you with money to buy food
2088567428 uba 🙏
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by DMerciful(m): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2023
I earn in $. You're a learner!
LordviccoDaGuru:

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
DMerciful:
I earn in $. You're a learner!

Let's screenshot our bank account balance and see who is more richer

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by DMerciful(m): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
You can screenshot urs if you like.
LordviccoDaGuru:

Let's screenshot our bank account balance and see who is more richer
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
DMerciful:
You can screenshot urs if you like.

My WhatsApp number is there via my signature u can mgs me privately by sending ur account details lemme surprise you with money to buy food grin

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by DMerciful(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ok...you've been noticed. Now run along
LordviccoDaGuru:

My WhatsApp number is there via my signature u can mgs me privately by sending ur account details lemme surprise you with money to buy food grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by NewDea4: 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
Bestbrain123:

You're barely educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Bestbrain123(m): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Because you can't answer the question
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Reflect7: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2023
A BIG FAT YAWWWNNNN TO THIS THREAD.

BORING GARBAGE FROM NARCISSISTIC IGBO SORE LOSERS.

OH SURE, NIGERIA CAN NEVER WORK BECAUSE PETER OBI LOST ELECTION.

RUBBISH.

ABEG MAKE PERSON TALK BETTER THING HERE JARE!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Nigeria Will Never Ever Work by Nice2023(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Unittyy:

Name one hospital he built in Lagos. At least I was a student in Lagos then.

Or could u just name one bridge he built when he was governor?

Say what u know?

Don't say things u don't know.

(1) (Reply)

UK Opens Visa Office In Enugu State / Tinubu Edits His Profile On Wikipedia, Adds Adekunle To His Name / Tinubu Is The Emilokan Of Cluelessness As Naira Hits All-time Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.