Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" (1307 Views)

PH Refinery: Marketers Eye Fuel Price Reduction, Ready To Load / PH Refinery: Community Disputes, Spare Parts Mismatch Threaten Dec Target / Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by JohnUmeh: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
[b][/b]Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer"

Nigeria's number one man, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has slammed ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo.

He chided Obasanjo over his comments on the petroleum refinery in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

In a recent interview with TheCable, Obasanjo had emphasised his belief that the nation’s refineries would never function efficiently as long as they remained under government ownership. 

“Someone told me Tinubu said refineries would work by December. I told the person the refineries would not work. This is based on the information I received from Shell when I was president,” he had said.

But responding through Tope Ajayi, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Tinubu said Obasanjo is not an engineer, therefore he shouldn’t make such comments.

“Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, with due respect to him, is not an engineer. He’s not the engineer working at the refineries. So, the engineers and the NNPC gave the president a report and they have said that it will work by December this year,” he had said while speaking on Daily Trust space themed: ‘Analysing the First 100 Days of President Tinubu’.

“We still have like four months to go. I will say that with all due respect to the former president, who is an elder statesman and our father, that what he said is his personal opinion and view. I will rather rely on the judgment of the engineers who are working at the refinery. So, I think we should wait until December.”

In August, President Tinubu had said the petroleum refinery in Port Harcourt will start production by December 2023 after the completion of the ongoing rehabilitation contract between the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) and Italian firm, Maire Tecnimont SpA.

The resuscitation of the refinery, if completed as promised by Tinubu, will lessen Nigeria’s reliance on oil importation and dependence on foreign refineries.

NNPCL said it has been working to revamp the refineries, which were shut down entirely in 2021 and produced little or no fuel over the past decade.

Source: https://crockvibes.com/tinubu-responds-to-obasanjos-ph-refinery-comments-you-are-not-an-engineer/

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by sarkinbauchi: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Tinubu, Shettima and Wike just giving all opposition politicians gbas gbos grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by MadamExcellency: 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
Obasanjo is an Engineer. He served in the Army Engineering Corp

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Phantom233: 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
Same way they said that the uncompleted Dangote refinery will start production by july, this is september, now they've shifted the goal post to portharcourt.
Stop telling us stories when the so called refineries start working , we'll all see for ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by meum: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
Not an Engineer ke? Baba na Engineer.

The person couldn’t even ask google who Baba be. Even me sabi dat Engineer part of Baba.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Omoawoke2(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
Obasanjo Agbaya

That man is wicked, he refused to make it work and doesn’t want anybody to achieve it so his incompetency won’t be exposed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Biodun556(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
Obasanjo tried to justify his failure.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by seunmsg(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
Obasanji was in the Engineering corp of the military even though he couldn't blow up a simple bridge at Ore during the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by majekobaje1: 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
H
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Chinjo2: 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
Even a local farmer knows what to do to make Nigeria refinery work.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by BreconHills(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
JohnUmeh:
[b][/b]Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer"

Nigeria's number one man, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has slammed ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo.

He chided Obasanjo over his comments on the petroleum refinery in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

In a recent interview with TheCable, Obasanjo had emphasised his belief that the nation’s refineries would never function efficiently as long as they remained under government ownership. 

“Someone told me Tinubu said refineries would work by December. I told the person the refineries would not work. This is based on the information I received from Shell when I was president,” he had said.

But responding through Tope Ajayi, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Tinubu said Obasanjo is not an engineer, therefore he shouldn’t make such comments.

“Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, with due respect to him, is not an engineer. He’s not the engineer working at the refineries. So, the engineers and the NNPC gave the president a report and they have said that it will work by December this year,” he had said while speaking on Daily Trust space themed: ‘Analysing the First 100 Days of President Tinubu’.

“We still have like four months to go. I will say that with all due respect to the former president, who is an elder statesman and our father, that what he said is his personal opinion and view. I will rather rely on the judgment of the engineers who are working at the refinery. So, I think we should wait until December.”

In August, President Tinubu had said the petroleum refinery in Port Harcourt will start production by December 2023 after the completion of the ongoing rehabilitation contract between the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) and Italian firm, Maire Tecnimont SpA.

The resuscitation of the refinery, if completed as promised by Tinubu, will lessen Nigeria’s reliance on oil importation and dependence on foreign refineries.

NNPCL said it has been working to revamp the refineries, which were shut down entirely in 2021 and produced little or no fuel over the past decade.

Source: https://crockvibes.com/tinubu-responds-to-obasanjos-ph-refinery-comments-you-are-not-an-engineer/

OBJ won't take this lying down. He persecuted COREN for years until they recognised him as an Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Tooreda: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
sarkinbauchi:
Tinubu, Shettima and Wike just giving all opposition politicians gbas gbos grin grin grin grin

How does this contribute to your wellbeing?
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Karlifate: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sensational headline cheesy

The emotional supporters of [Nigerian] politicians are already jumping on it to create a remix.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by 9jatriot(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Hmmm the refinery better really work o.

As for me, I also do not believe it will work, I believe those refineries should be sold or even dashed out along with all the people working there.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by tishbite42: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2023
Lol
OBJ is a military engineer, albeit, a very dull one
Tinubu go show am shege
Make Jagaban retire that hin son sef
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by ElSudani: 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Obasanjo is an Engineer. He served in the Army Engineering Corp

Perhaps, but is he working on the refinery? When was the last time he looked at a blueprint?
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Lastmessenger2: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
Let's hope the propaganda works and deliver the refinery so that we can have some relief
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by TheFreshVanilla: 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
Let's wait. December is almost here. Let's see what the new white lying machine will say.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by huptin(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
This is not necessary, just get it done by December and put him to shame. If it doesn't work in December (and I doubt it will) Obasanjo will have the last laugh.

P.s. The same engineers have been deceiving previous governments, it is the scam nothing different...they always promise December!
Re: Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" by Gadafii: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Oga, first class accountant from “CSU”, Obasanjo served in the army engineering corps, what do you know

(1) (Reply)

Vacate Yorubaland Now, Sunday Igboho Tells Killer Herdsmen / The Great Divide In The National Assembly- For And Against 3 Term / Jena Six Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.