Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Who Is Your pick For 2031? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your pick For 2031? (1099 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: 2023-2031 For Tinubu, Then He Hands Over To A Northerner / Peter Obi Still Remains Top Pick For Nigerian President - Bloomberg Polls / Babangida Aliyu: Peter Obi Should Wait Till 2027 Or 2031 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by Raskimonojendor: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Shettima.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by BoldBrainz(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
LordAdam16:

Expatiate?

-Lord

Nuhu Ribadu is a very intelligent, detribalised and highly "resourceful" Northern politician. He is reliable, contented and loyal and those are amongst the reasons he doesn't push the limits of his political career. But like El-rufai, he knows enough to be extremely dangerous. Keeping him very close to the chest was Obasanjo's way of keeping eyes on him. Tinubu borrowed that same template by putting Nuhu where he is today. He did Obasanjo's "wet works". And with him as the NSA, you can be sure Tinubu cannot and will not be sabotaged by anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by BoldBrainz(m): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
kettykings:
Recycling of the dead by the for the dead.

This is why Nigeria despite ita potential, endowments, minerals and human capital has become a cess pool

Try to relax.
This is just a harmless political conversation between users.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
Shettima
Zulum
Ribadu
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by LordAdam16: 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Nuhu Ribadu is a very intelligent, detribalised and highly "resourceful" Northern politician. He is reliable, contented and loyal and those are amongst the reasons he doesn't push the limits of his political career. But like El-rufai, he knows enough to be extremely dangerous. Keeping him very close to the chest was Obasanjo's way of keeping eyes on him. Tinubu borrowed that same template by putting Nuhu where he is today. He did Obasanjo's "wet works". And with him as the NSA, you can be sure Tinubu cannot and will not be sabotaged by anyone.

Nothing in your synopsis warrants sticking him in a group with Ganduje and el Rufai.

The ish with Northern politicians is that you don't rise to the top without being slightly sympathetic or at least tolerating some degree of ethnosupremacism.

Doubly so for the industrious, capable few who have to avoid the Atiku treatment. Technocrats in the North are viewed with undeserving suspicion.

Something to the effect of not being be too PC or liberal that you'd unwittingly kneecap the North's primacy.

On some level, that's understandable. That's textbook self-preservation.

Ribadu is the only top-level Northern heavyweight in the Tinubu camp who backed GEJ in 2015. If he hadn't, he'd have completed his 8 years as Governor of Adamawa and likely be the current VP. That kind of setback irrevocably destroys political careers. Yet, he has bounced back and is now in the running for the GCFR, even though I think it is a long shot for him.

His political value is not up to snuff, but he is the beau ideal Northern politico who should be in Aso Rock whenever it is the turn of the North. Otherwise sustained progress will eternally evade Nigeria. Southern Presidents do their best and the Northern Presidents who take the baton stomp all over the minute erstwhile gains.

Yar'Adua wrecked the foundation established by OBJ, primarily when he reversed the refinery sale. We're still reeling from that howler.
Buhari is fresh in our minds. Not even his most ardent supporter can gloss over his incompetence.
A Shettima, or heaven forbids, a Ganduje administration will make Tinubu seem like Deng Xiaoping.

I can't overstate how low my expectations are for Northern Presidents.

Unfortunately, we may very well get a Northerner from the parochial, orthodox, ultra-conservative bloc in 2031.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by BoldBrainz(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
LordAdam16:

Nothing in your synopsis warrants sticking him in a group with Ganduje and el Rufai.

The ish with Northern politicians is that you don't rise to the top without being slightly sympathetic or at least tolerating some degree of ethnosupremacism.

Doubly so for the industrious, capable few who have to avoid the Atiku treatment. Technocrats in the North are viewed with undeserving suspicion.

Something to the effect of not being be too PC or liberal that you'd unwittingly kneecap the North's primacy.

Ribadu is the only top-level Northern heavyweight in the Tinubu camp who backed GEJ in 2015. If he hadn't, he'd have completed his 8 years as Governor of Adamawa and likely be the current VP. That kind of setback irrevocably destroys political careers. Yet, he has bounced back and is now in the running for the GCFR, even though I think it is a long shot for him.

His political value is not up to snuff, but he is the beau ideal Northern politico who should be in Aso Rock whenever it is the turn of the North. Otherwise sustained progress will eternally evade Nigeria. Southern Presidents do their best and the Northern Presidents who take the baton stomp all over the minute erstwhile gains.

Yar'Adua wrecked the foundation established by OBJ, primarily when he reversed the refinery sale. We're still reeling from that howler.
Buhari is fresh in our minds. Not even his most ardent supporter can gloss over his incompetence.
A Shettima, or heaven forbids, a Ganduje administration will make Tinubu seem like Deng Xiaoping.

Unfortunately, we may very well get a Northerner from the parochial, orthodox, ultra-conservative bloc in 2031.

-Lord

As you rightly noticed, I was very vague when you requested to know why I lumped Nuhu in the same basket with the likes of Shettima and El-rufai. The reasons are not far-fetched, but not too comfortable to be made issues of public discourse.

Recently, I called out a certain maternal Uncle who's on the list of the just recalled Ambassadors, for his behavioural inadequacies and as unbelievable as it may sound, I was mailed by an Aunt in the US and another distant Uncle in the political circles, demanding that I take down whatever odd comments I had put up here on nairaland. Of course I refused and much as they all agreed that I wasn't wrong with my assertions, they were only concerned about preserving my Uncle's political career and image. Somehow, a comment I made in a nairaland thread found its way to the Uncle I called out and he engaged other family relatives to that effect. That's to tell you that this platform isn't as anonymous as it's touted to be.

That being said, Yaradua reversed the sales of the refineries due to Northern influence from politicians who considered themselves to be stakeholders. Same way politics was played in 2012 with subsidy removal, was how it was played with the refineries sales. And apart from Sani Abacha, every other Northerner who has ruled at the Presidency level was just a figurehead for Northern politicians.

Nuhu Ribadu will play the Northern script.
Kashim Shettima will play it in-toto.
Abdullahi Ganduje won't even remember that Nigeria has other tribes, like Buhari.
El-rufai might not play the script but he'll so execute the Islamic agenda to the latter.
Babagana Zulum has too much of a conscience to allow himself to be used like that and "might" end up like Yaradua.

Kindly do the arithmetics.
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by ebufa: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2023
Flathead8:
Rabiu Kwankwaso will be 74 by 2031.

Nasir El-Rufai will be 71 by 2031.

Nuhu Ribadu will be 70 by 2031.

Kashim Shettima will be 65 by 2031.

Babagana Zulum will be 62 by 2031.

Of course, there might be other Northerners who will step forward, but watch out for these 5.

https://twitter.com/OgbeniDipo/status/1699822525130195197?t=z94Mdxx2q8q928DCH3GdeA&s=19

Many people in the comment section on Twitter are saying Zulum, but I disagree. Even tho his very competent, but his tenure will finish in 2027 and he won't have the influence and resources to influence delegates, Shettima is his beneficiary too and won't contest against him

El rufai won't contest for personal reasons too

Its between Ribadu and Shettima, whoever Tinubu supports will eventually win

The mumu boasting of 2031 does not know if he will see 2024 O! The Lord may demand your miserable life this night! Do not be like king David that provoked God by numbering Isreal...like he had the ability to Give and maintain life! People are do foolish!!!
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by jahsharon: 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Just watch it, it will Shettima / Wike. Just watch it.

Tinubu will not pick a gentleman to be VP to Shettima. That would be a kindergarten mistake. Just watch as Tinubu grooms Wike for 2031.
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by wegevv: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Cold hard truths

Thank you โค๏ธ
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by Ingocof(m): 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
BoldBrainz:

El-rufai is just superb at infrastructural development. He's a colossal failure with Human capital development and an avoidable catastrophe where religious extremism is concerned.

I know Ganduje wasn't on the list but you can't put it past him when discussing Northern options for the Presidency. He fancies himself as a Northern force in the political scheme of things.

You know his age now and what his age will be then?
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by optionalY09: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Someone who have been trained about leadership have exposure the western world and a pan Africanist
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by Sizwezi: 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
GeneralPula:

Somebody is presently a Governor and you claim heโ€™s not a politician..

Haha youโ€™re a comedian bro..

๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by wegevv: 11:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
No pick from me but still strongly suspect that a Northern heavyweight will try to rehash 2015 in 2027 to regain power.

Kwankwaso and El Rufai seem well positioned given their current statuses but Tinubu is not as weak as Jonathan and I'm not sure any of the northern heavyweights have quite a cult-like following as PMB, the Failure in Chief, did.

Nevertheless, the south remains naively divided so there is fertile ground if either of those two are feeling opportunistic
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2023
Ingocof:

You know his age now and what his age will be then?

As if age has ever stopped any of them..๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Who Is Your pick For 2031? by Ingocof(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

As if age has ever stopped any of them..๐Ÿ˜‚

Ganduje ain't go nowhere at probably 80 or so

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Feared Dead As Armed Robbers Attack Banks In Benue State (video) / Do Igbos Have The Best Electorates In Nigeria? / Breaking News!!! Ijaw Nation Face Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.