Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired (19134 Views)

Which Phone Are You Currently Using / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Which Phone Are You Currently Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by LandMann: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2023
Stop using tecno and infinix... Uninstall phonix browser and other ad intrusive btowsers and apps

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by 1Hover1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
What phone did you buy?

Some phones come with terrible bloatware.

My advice is that you delete or disable all apps you didn't install, and monitor which apps are running at the background.

2 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by scoobyblogspot(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:
Sometimes my phone vibrates by itself. Could it be that there is an undercover app installed ?

And, the worst of the worst is these screen-covering ADS I receive virtually every 30 seconds or so it pops up and covers my screen and you know what that means : it sti have to wait stops everything I'm doing - I have to wait until there is an X to exit the ads.

Please this has made my anger rise and stresses me ....... How can I get rid of this ?

NB : it's a new phone and I bought it through easybuy on Slot but it's about 4 months ago. They normally install something if you buy through easy buy. Could it be the case

Even now as I'm typing it has popped up 3 times now ........... Arrrrghhgg

How to get rid of thisss

Bros, remove the werey app abi what is the issue here

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Entanglement: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:
Sometimes my phone vibrates by itself. Could it be that there is an undercover app installed ?

And, the worst of the worst is these screen-covering ADS I receive virtually every 30 seconds or so it pops up and covers my screen and you know what that means : it sti have to wait stops everything I'm doing - I have to wait until there is an X to exit the ads.

Please this has made my anger rise and stresses me ....... How can I get rid of this ?

NB : it's a new phone and I bought it through easybuy on Slot but it's about 4 months ago. They normally install something if you buy through easy buy. Could it be the case

How to get rid of thisss
by their ads you shall know them (Tecno and infinix user) grin

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by ghettochild(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2023
It's those useless website n na Google ads dey cause am..
Just go to setting n switch off notifications
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by ghettochild(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
Or delete the app..if u know it comes from an app
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by OlujobaSamuel: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
Op, install Microsoft launcher and Edge browser.
The launcher will help you determine what is on your home screen. Go to your app settings, uninstall all apps not installed by you and not part of Google services, the ones you can't uninstall, force stop then disable them.
On your edge browser, go to settings and turn on ad blocker, you won't hear any noise again.
I can feel your pain, I've always been a Sam or Nok fan, work gave me a Tecno phone, na only God helped me not to hit it on the wall due to ads.

2 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by leksymaxy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
blaquemyc:
That's what you get when you choose "cheap and affordable" over quality.

Go to settings in your phone. Search for "private DNS" in connection and sharing - input 'dns.adguard.com' in private DNS. This should help .
this is what I used and since then the ads stopped,op pls use this and be free from ads even on chrome

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by sylve11: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
This must be a Transsion product. Try to disable the use of background data on all your apps.

That's how they roll. grin cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Kwamecron(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss

- Go to ur settings
- connections
- more connections settings
- private DNS
- private DNS provider host name
Type in [dns.adguard.com]
Save it.

Thank me latter.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by VenExchangee: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
Op
Do this and later click on save.
You will never see ads again like that even in browsers or any app on your phone.

10 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by LZAA: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
Easy what?
Lols
You just answered the question you asked na
The ads are in their chinko gadget you bought to upsell their other products
Ever notice they don't sell Samsung or Iphone?
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by emanobis(m): 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
What about all these nonsense MTN pop up adverts
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Formularcr7: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2023
I thought it's only my phone
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Sprints3: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss
if your phone is android 9 and above go to private DNS settings and add this URL as designated DNS. dns.adguard.com if it is android 9 and below download adguard mod premium from modyolo.com install and on the VPN. No more ads. I advice you download the MOD apk for Adguardif u use settings it will affect some sites from loading properly.

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2023
bookmarked

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by qtx(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss
Backdoor script installed. Total factory reset maybe the solution.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Mufasaa(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
Go to your phone settings look for more connections then chick on private dns on on ur private dns from off to private

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Obierika(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:
Honestly If I find the app that's responsible, I'll blacklist them and give them the worst review ever

Phone wey dem buy on credit, na so e dey be grin
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by LegallyBlunt: 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
You have the power to manage notifications on your phone. The most important thing is knowing the app responsible, check settings, and turn off notifications from the affected apps. If the app is not altogether useful to you, force stop, clean it's cache and memories, then uninstall!

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by OmoGomesIlorin: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss

Install NoRoot Firewall and Block unwanted app OR allow only need app
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by dreality: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
I use a Huawei smart phone for 3 years now. Very simple and no single unsolicited Add. Sweet phone

2 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Haddeyholler(m): 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
Go to settings
Click on connection
Go to more connection
Click on private DNS
Choose private DNS and input DNS.ADGUARD.COM, then press save.

That's all

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by soullove1881(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss

First, avoid cheap android brands like Tecno, Infinix, itel or Redmi and if you must buy Redmi, go for their main Xiaomi models. And avoid MTK processors.

Try OnePlus, Oppo or Google pixel.

However, there is something you can do to block ads completely.

1. Download avast browser (pay version or look for the mod)

2. The best option if your phone support it.

Procedure: Go to setting and search DNS

Set it as shown in the picture attached.
Good luck and byebye to ads.

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by descarado: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Interesting
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Deedee27(m): 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
I don't think the problem is about phone brand, it's from some of the websites you may have visited. And chrome is a culprit too. Watch this 30s YouTube video and it will solve the problem 100percent.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LcP2NaGMbNo?si=ucnnNDXUuF2aVFn8
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Cutehector(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2023
The more reason i want to get an iphone.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by pannyman(m): 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
This is why I say cheap phones are not really cheap. There is always a price to pay.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by fannybaby(f): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
cheesy
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by adspelite(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
Go-to your settings and turn off instant apps.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lightway:
Successdude

If you can't name the model and brand of the phone then nobody will help you
Now SUCCESSdudeADVERT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Bought Redmi 8 Because Of Nairaland Now This Is Happening / Latest MTN Internet Data Bundles/plans With Subcription Codes/sms,data Allowance / There Are Fake Versions Of Infinix HOT NOTE In Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.