Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired (19156 Views)

Which Phone Are You Currently Using / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Which Phone Are You Currently Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Edun00700: 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
You can stop it from your true caller
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Ibkrichie(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2023
Go to your chrome settings to deactivate it
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by darealez(m): 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:
Sometimes my phone vibrates by itself. Could it be that there is an undercover app installed ?

And, the worst of the worst is these screen-covering ADS I receive virtually every 30 seconds or so it pops up and covers my screen and you know what that means : it sti have to wait stops everything I'm doing - I have to wait until there is an X to exit the ads.

Please this has made my anger rise and stresses me ....... How can I get rid of this ?

NB : it's a new phone and I bought it through easybuy on Slot but it's about 4 months ago. They normally install something if you buy through easy buy. Could it be the case

Even now as I'm typing it has popped up 3 times now ........... Arrrrghhgg

How to get rid of thisss
Tecno used to do this nonsense before I showed them who's boss. Tecno is a useless brand!

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Newman20(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
Pacyrus:
The disadvantage of it is that it limits some apps from gaining access to the internet.

Which apps are those. I personally don't have that many apps on my phone but can you list them cause I've never had this problem before.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by todugo(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
Christistruth03:
Download and run Malware remover just in case
Will it stop the Ads?
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by alkhalifah89(m): 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2023
You need to go to phone settings, click internet, then click on DNS, switch it to private or custom then input "dns.adguard.com" it will stop most of the adds on your phone or you downloaded Adguard from play store then activate it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Sniper101(m): 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
My own problem is the "Ayoba Ad" that pops up on Boomplay right when you're enjoying your music.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by owbabs: 12:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Delete/Uninstall all your apps one by one. You will eventually uncover the culprit(s)
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by nkemjacob2(m): 1:14am On Sep 09, 2023
PinkNature:

You're not far from the truth grin
my Motorola phone does that also
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by sundaygray(m): 3:29am On Sep 09, 2023
Successdude:
Sometimes my phone vibrates by itself. Could it be that there is an undercover app installed ?

And, the worst of the worst is these screen-covering ADS I receive virtually every 30 seconds or so it pops up and covers my screen and you know what that means : it sti have to wait stops everything I'm doing - I have to wait until there is an X to exit the ads.

Please this has made my anger rise and stresses me ....... How can I get rid of this ?

NB : it's a new phone and I bought it through easybuy on Slot but it's about 4 months ago. They normally install something if you buy through easy buy. Could it be the case

How to get rid of thisss

Try this.
Go to settings
Network
More connection settings and set private dns.
Put dns.adguard.com as your private dns. This works for any apps that has ads, including gaming apps like scrabble go. This is the only solution for you or you start uninstalling apps.

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by aquame: 3:46am On Sep 09, 2023
I have had similar problems in the past with my old 0hone and it stopped. You need to disable Google ads on you phone searn more on Google to get that fixed. kiss
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Robisky001:

Op kpele I feel your pain. Few weeks back I found myself in this dilemma and to say the least, used the phone to hit the wall. Go on playstore and download AppWatch what it does is that it monitor your activity on the phone. Once the ad pops up minimize and open the app and you will find the annoying app from there you can uninstall it.
thanks
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 5:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Yeah..... I'll
DyingFetus:
Install adway to block ads

youngrichnigga:
When did it start, what app did you install prior to the problem surfacing?
Delete that particular app and clear the cache then, restart the phone and you should be okay 👍👍
Try this ☝️

Okay I'll... Thank you
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 5:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Benwallt:
My brother, those apps stubborn die. Dem no dey gree remove until you go back to home screen

I tell you. But it's time is up cos I go fish am out

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by brainycaleb(m): 5:59am On Sep 09, 2023
How to enjoy a Transsion Mobile device(infinix,Tecno and Itel). Buy the best among them and install a custom rom! Pixel os, Havoc os, blossom, AOSP Extended, Nusantara, etc.

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 6:08am On Sep 09, 2023
Rickyzagy:
It's probably from your theme.

It's the only app than is capable of bringing out ads in phone screen anytime

Are you sure
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 6:09am On Sep 09, 2023
Manna4Gurls:

Let me teach you.

Go to settings

Click on more connections,

Go to Private DNS and change it from Automatic to Private DNS provider hostname then type in dns.adguard.com in the space provided.

After that, that's the end of it. Try it y'all 🥳

Thanks for the screenshot
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2023
Jamersirwin1971:

Not all androids . I use a Motorola edge 22 and I don't and never had any ads
I always use gadget or electronics that have 2nd hand value and spare parts. That’s y I choose infinix as my preferred mobile brand. Haven’t heard of the Motorola edge 22 before sha

You don’t know what God has done for u for not seeing the Ads
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Igbins70(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss

Try this it works for me [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Kakadancefreak(f): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2023
PinkNature:

You're not far from the truth grin

Meaning?
Abeg rest!
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Fonjewel0(f): 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2023
brainycaleb:
How to enjoy a Transsion Mobile device(infinix,Tecno and Itel). Buy the best among them and install a custom rom! Pixel os, Havoc os, blossom, AOSP Extended, Nusantara, etc.
Thanks bro!
Camon 20 Doodle Is Best Device For Me O!
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Idarachris84: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
Fonjewel0:

Thanks bro!
Camon 20 Doodle Is Best Device For Me O!

The only device wey dey glow!
Nice!

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Pacyrus(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
Newman20:

Which apps are those. I personally don't have that many apps on my phone but can you list them cause I've never had this problem before.
Google Chrome and co.
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Wanni25(f): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2023
Idarachris84:

The only device wey dey glow!
Nice!

Glow in the dark!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Fastest Internet Providers In Nigeria / New Google Datally App Help You Save Data, Track Wifi And More / Pictures From TECNO SPARK 20 Series Launch And TECNOxAFCON Sponsorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.