Stats: 3,161,640 members, 7,847,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement (1181 Views)

EXPOSED: 4 Glaring Injustice Served By 2023 PEPT Judges / Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun / APC Reacts After PDP Lawyers Led Thugs To Disrupt Court Proceedings. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by DMerciful(m): 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
You know impunity does not also favor supporters of the ruling party right?
helinues:
They should go to court again

Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by Arapmoi22: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Una don start again, a judge will use one of this lawyers as scapegoat someday, Dem go com dey beg, temper justice with mercy.
It's just little more than 24hrs after the judgement, everyone knows you don't get a copy of judgement immediately after ruling, it takes few days (probably 2 to 5days due to the nature of the subject).
The ruling ended late hour of Wednesday, you wan pick up the copy on Thursday morning
All Judges reaction will be stated, they will have to go through it after its preparation to be sure that it's their words that is on paper, or you think it's the judge that types the doc

They are noisemakers.
Wole Soyinka selected a good phrase to describe them.

"Nattering Nitwits".
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by DMerciful(m): 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
Where was the judgement read from?
Christistruth03:
It doesn't matter

The Judgement was Televised live

They should be Patient

It is not easy to type up a 12 hour Judgement
They should even pity the people typing it
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by OlujobaSamuel: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Why can't they duplicate the one they read and certify it?
No, it won't include some stuffs.
Things like the justice remarks will be present, counsels presence, also note that each justice will have his own judgement, but the judgement copy will be a compendium. It's more like having a report of everything that happened in court for that day.
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by samunaka: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nonny95:

https://twitter.com/UkomahM/status/1700045978013782495?t=OLSvT05k8R9dRcUuNRG8Fw&s=19

Incompetent set of lawyers, who cannot even prove a very simple and straight forward case of malpractice, and want to go to supreme court
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by DMerciful(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
So if you have 14 days to file and you're given after 5days. Does that not reduce it to 9days? Does that leave enough time to study it and do all the necessary things before filing appeal?

Remember how they knocked of many evidence because it wasn't filed within 21days but we were here when INEC refused to release the materials.

This is like putting someone in the boxing ring and tying both hands
OlujobaSamuel:

No, it won't include some stuffs.
Things like the justice remarks will be present, counsels presence, also note that each justice will have his own judgement, but the judgement copy will be a compendium. It's more like having a report of everything that happened in court for that day.
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by OlujobaSamuel: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
DMerciful:
So if you have 14 days to file and you're given after 5days. Does that not reduce it to 9days? Does that leave enough time to study it and do all the necessary things before filing appeal?

Remember how they knocked of many evidence because it wasn't filed within 21days but we were here when INEC refused to release the materials.

This is like putting someone in the boxing ring and tying both hands
Point of filing is not when you drop all evidence to back your case, point of filing is when you make intention of an intervention of the court known.
The court will give you a timeline to drop all evidence, respondents will answer, when you will appear to speak, blah blah blah.
Eg, you breach a contract btw yourself and mine, I have 5days to file for a breach, it doesn't mean I will be presenting or you will be defending the case in 5days as the person to hear us might not even be available within that 5days, but I must show intent, so it won't be an after thought.
Law is not that difficult, dey only use some terms to make it so for us
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by DMerciful(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
Election Petition is different from normal court cases. Lets not give excuses for these structures of criminality.

Did you not watch the judgement where the judges said they'd get it the next day?
OlujobaSamuel:

Point of filing is not when you drop all evidence to back your case, point of filing is when you make intention of an intervention of the court known.
The court will give you a timeline to drop all evidence, respondents will answer, when you will appear to speak, blah blah blah.
Eg, you breach a contract btw yourself and mine, I have 5days to file for a breach, it doesn't mean I will be presenting or you will be defending the case in 5days as the person to hear us might not even be available within that 5days, but I must show intent, so it won't be an after thought.
Law is not that difficult, dey only use some terms to make it so for us
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by Christistruth03: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Where was the judgement read from?

Remember that different People read different parts of the Judgement and put in much explanation

I still remember Justice Mrs Yusuf who said Social Media intimidation couldn't decide the Case
And I remember Justice Ugo said most of the Election Manipulation was in favour of the Labour Party and he couldn't understand how INEC that credited the President with less than 5000 votes in Enugu State while the Labour Party had more than 428,000 , at the same time as the President had lost in both his own Lagos and Osun State meant that INEC was biased in favour of the president
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by OlujobaSamuel: 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Election Petition is different from normal court cases. Lets not give excuses for these structures of criminality.

Did you not watch the judgement where the judges said they'd get it the next day?
I didn't, but someone already referred me to it.
I think he got caught in rave of the moment and gave such unrealistic promise (considering we still run an analog abi na semi digital system), the same Judge that gave that promise might not be on seat at 8am on Thursday due to the work load prior day.
I'm not laying claim to whatever the situation might have been, but getting that report in 24hrs in the Nigerian system is not realistic, even if it's fast track. Do an analysis of the process and you will know that such report won't be ready under that time frame, you will only raise your hope unnecessarily to think you will have it within that time
Re: 48hours Later PEPT Judges Yet To Avail LP,PDP Lawyers Copies Of The Judgement by haffaze777(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2023
helinues:
They should go to court again

I support thisgrin

Wike Vs Fubara? What To Know About Rivers’ Impeachment Saga / The Nation Newspaper: Applicants For C Of O In Lagos State 2024. / Sultan of Sokoto - Stop Importing Criminals Into Nigeria.