Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet (217 Views)

Why Is Gerard Pique Retiring? These Are The Four Main Reasons / Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps / Mikel Obi Trains With His Family After Retiring From Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet by tundetech4: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2023
Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has spoken out for the first time after he was left out of the squad to face Sao Tome and Principe in Nigeria’s final AFCON qualifier.

Sivasspor and Super Eagles forward Ahmed Musa has insisted that it is not yet time for him to call it quits with the national side.

Coach Jose Peseiro left out captain Ahmed Musa and decided to give a first call-up to Gent striker Gift Orban and Bayer Leverkusen attacker Victor Boniface- both of whom have been in sensational form, scoring goals for fun.

It was gathered that Ahmed Musa picked up an injury during a league game for his Turkish side Sivasspor back in August 8 when they drew 1-1 with Samsunspor.

Even though he will be absent when Nigeria take on Sao Tome and Principe, Musa believes that the Super Eagles have enough firepower to emerge victorious.

I want to play in another World Cup - Ahmed Musa
However, Musa revealed to the Punch that he will be back for the 2026 World Cup qualifiers, which begins in November.

He said he has a dream of featuring at another FIFA World Cup with the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

The Super Eagles will battle the likes of Benin, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, and Zimbabwe in Group C of the FIFA World Cup, which will be co-hosted by Canada, Mexico, and the United States.

Ahmed Musa says 2022 AFCON will be his last
The former Leicester City forward told the BBC that he would not play in another African Cup of Nations after the 2022 edition, which will take place in Cote D’Ivoire between January and February 2023.

He added that he would like to win the upcoming AFCON with the Super Eagles of Nigeria - finishing on a high.

Ahmed Musa’s continued invitation to the national team has been a concern to many fans who believe that the 30-year-old has achieved so much and must give room to younger players.

Some others have also pointed out that Ahmed Musa has not enjoy a decent playing time in the last two seasons but at club and country and that he should read the room and say his goodbyes.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/i-want-to-play-at-another-world-cup-super-eagles-star-ahmed-musa-insists-hes-not-retiring-yet-2023090809233807168

Re: 'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet by izuch(m): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2023
Stoty
Re: 'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet by Wodu89: 11:17am On Sep 08, 2023
Says the clown that will lose nine out of nine chances at goal scoring. Whom do you want to bench please ? Awoniyi? Osimen? Boniface ? Arokodare? Onuachu?

Abeg face your filling station and let's see front. Clown
Re: 'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet by Danielomisco(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2023
Wodu89:
Says the clown that will lose nine out of nine chances at goal scoring. Whom do you want to bench please ? Awoniyi? Osimen? Boniface ? Arokodare? Onuachu?

Abeg face your filling station and let's see front. Clown
omoh players dey o lol
Re: 'I Want To Play At Another World Cup' - Ahmed Musa Insists He’s Not Retiring Yet by Wodu89: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2023
Danielomisco:
omoh players dey o lol

Gift Orban

Cyril Desserts

Players wey dey now, person go need add fasting to playing ball

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jadon Sancho Fed Up And Seeking Exit From Manchester United / NFF Begs Nigerians To Rally Around Victor Osimhen For FIFA The Best / Burnley Vs Man United 0-1 Video Highlights (download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.