Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT (4157 Views)

Tinubu To PEPT: Nullifying The Election Over 25% FCT Could Cause Anarchy, Chaos / U.S. To Place Visa Restrictions On Individuals Who Undermined Nigeria's Election / Presidential Tribunal: A Brief Analysis Of Atiku Final Written Addresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by franchasofficia: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2023
yarimo:
so someone that votes in abuja, his vote is more special and superior than someone that votes in suleja LGA in Niger state with is less than 1 km to Abuja territory ?
The laws of the land has nothing to do with human logic.

Yes logically, you have a point that all Nigerian people's vote are equal, but if you consider certain factors again, then you will realize why the people that drafted 1999 constitution gave Abuja a special status:

1.) Abuja does not have a State Governor

2.) No House of Assembly

3.) Only one Senator to represent Abuja

4.) No House of Rep seats

The President of Nigeria acts as the Governor of Abuja and he appoints FCT Minister to help him manage Abuja affairs.

In your common sense, don't you see a reason for anybody to become the President of Nigeria to get at least 25% of total votes cast in Abuja to sit as Abuja Governor and President?
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by yarimo(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
franchasofficia:
The laws of the land has nothing to do with human logic.

Yes logically, you have a point that all Nigerian people's vote are equal, but if you consider certain factors again, then you will realize why the people that drafted 1999 constitution gave Abuja a special status:

1.) Abuja does not have a State Governor

2.) No House of Assembly

3.) Only one Senator to represent Abuja

4.) No House of Rep seats

The President of Nigeria acts as the Governor of Abuja and he appoints FCT Minister to help him manage Abuja affairs.

In your common sense, don't you see a reason for anybody to become the President of Nigeria to get at least 25% of total votes cast in Abuja to sit as Abuja Governor and President?

now use your common sense and give simple answer. If a candidate lost in all 36 state and win only Abuja so he will be declared winner? Remember use your common sense and give simple answer which yes or no. Your answer will determine if your common sense is functioning. Oya chose
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by franchasofficia: 11:07pm On Sep 08, 2023
yarimo:
now use your common sense and give simple answer. If a candidate lost in all 36 state and win only Abuja so he will be declared winner? Remember use your common sense and give simple answer which yes or no. Your answer will determine if your common sense is functioning. Oya chose
The situation you cited is never going to be possible ever.

But if for any reason it happens though never possible, but let's assume such happens, Nigeria's 1999 constitution did tackled it by saying that if there is election for President involving more than one candidates, and none of the candidates secured majority of the total votes cast and scoring at least 25% of total votes cast in two-third of Nigerian states (24 states) and the FCT, that another round of election should be conducted and that if none of them got same majority votes cast and 25% of two-third spread in 24 states and Abuja, that a 3rd round of election should be conducted but this time, a simple majority wins the election, meaning any candidate that gets the highest number of votes cast will be declared winner.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by yarimo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2023
Simple yes or no question you are typing long rubbish. You must answer it today you like it or not. If a candidate lost in all 36 state and win only in abuja so he should be declared winner
franchasofficia:
The situation you cited is never going to be possible ever.

But if for any reason it happens though never possible, but let's assume such happens, Nigeria's 1999 constitution did tackled it by saying that if there is election for President involving more than one candidates, and none of the candidates secured majority of the total votes cast and scoring at least 25% of total votes cast in two-third of Nigerian states (24 states) and the FCT, that another round of election should be conducted and that if none of them got same majority votes cast and 25% of two-third spread in 24 states and Abuja, that a 3rd round of election should be conducted but this time, a simple majority wins the election, meaning any candidate that gets the highest number of votes cast will be declared winner.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
my dear, please save your energy these Agitators and pityobi people are like virus to Nigeria... If anything does not go there way there only option is to scatter and burn down to the ground...

Took a cursory look at your useless profile and it became clear exactly what you're all about! The world wouldn't come to a end if you drop the pretense and deceit, and owned up to your true identity as either a full-fledged Yoruba man or a Tinubu minion (either from Ikwerre of Ijaw) in it for selfish reasons and oblivious to the devastation, cheating and marginalisation the Nigeria state has wrought on his region! Why would any fair-minded, independent and proud indigene of Port Harcourt (as you claim to be) despise Peter Obi while fawning and worshipping your so called Asiwaju...a Yoruba man that connived, rigged and schemed his way into Aso-Rock even when it was known to all that 2023 was the turn of the south-east/Igbo!

Why would any fair-minded and reasonable 'Port Harcourt man' support another Yoruba man...a muslim with a muslim vice for that matter, to take over from Buhari in 2023 after seeing the mess Buhari and his useless party APC plunged Nigeria into in the last eight years? Not forgetting the fact that Tinubu was complicit in this eight year destruction! Yet you feel the answer to Tinubus' intransigence and lust for power is to 'reward' him with the presidency which in fairness ought to have gone to the south-east/Igbo! You see why i say your claim to being a Port Harcourt indigene is suspect!?
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by RecentHistory: 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
Bigkoko:
Asiwaju is not the type of person to toss out at the lower court, that means giving room & time to use State Organs to throw Nigeria into crisis. Give the damn judgement at the Supreme Court level, once it is made, he simply pack his bag and leave.
Na crowd go lead the new president to ASO ROCK or go force am comot there!
At that point if he make any order, he can be detained indefinitely by the New President. In-fact i believe that is the breakfast they prepare for him, as he threaten the anarchy & chaos in his submission through his lawyers!

Tinubu has already won. All your Obidient noise has been buried.
Hopefully, by next week, you will resume your Biafran agitation so security agents can shoot you dead.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:31am On Sep 09, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Took a cursory look at your useless profile and it became clear exactly what you're all about! The world wouldn't come to a end if you drop the pretense and deceit, and owned up to your true identity as either a full-fledged Yoruba man or a Tinubu minion (either from Ikwerre of Ijaw) in it for selfish reasons and oblivious to the devastation, cheating and marginalisation the Nigeria state has wrought on his region! Why would any fair-minded, independent and proud indigene of Port Harcourt (as you claim to be) despise Peter Obi while fawning and worshipping your so called Asiwaju...a Yoruba man that connived, rigged and schemed his way into Aso-Rock even when it was known to all that 2023 was the turn of the south-east/Igbo!

Why would any fair-minded and reasonable 'Port Harcourt man' support another Yoruba man...a muslim with a muslim vice for that matter, to take over from Buhari in 2023 after seeing the mess Buhari and his useless party APC plunged Nigeria into in the last eight years? Not forgetting the fact that Tinubu was complicit in this eight year destruction! Yet you feel the answer to Tinubus' intransigence and lust for power is to 'reward' him with the presidency which in fairness ought to have gone to the south-east/Igbo! You see why i say your claim to being a Port Harcourt indigene is suspect!?
I'm a true son of Ikwerre land starting from my great grandfather's and great grandmothers , who told you that it was the turn of south east to rule, since you want to be Mr ITK can you please tell me where it is written in the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria that it must be a rotational presidency? Are you through with your biafla agitation? Why can't you guys stick to one particular thing, as far as I'm concerned it was the turn of the south and the better man Asiwaju jagaban TOOK IT, so please stop crying fowl, put your house in order... Putting pityobi as your Lord and personal saviour was a big mistake for you guys... Please come back 2039 because after Asiwaju TINUBU'S tenure it will go back to the north, maybe by then you guys can think of a nationalist like Charles chukwuma Soludo as the main man... Sense be unto you...
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by Christistruth03: 3:26am On Sep 09, 2023
Felimax:
It has nothing to do with wether lower or upper court.

It is all about an AGENDA!
The Igbos have theirs ( break this shit hole by any possible means)

The Yorubas and Hausas/Fulani has theirs ( Never in the corridors of power from an Eastern extraction - they rather die)

Non of the powerhouse of this nation is found in any part of the East or South South, even an ordinary seaport we don't deserve to own despite having the largest board in the entire nation.

You think all these things are mare coincidence? You may be a compound fool!

We are driven by AGENDAS in this country and this is the major reason this nation cannot find her bearing.

Stop Lying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ma2AsLfylo?si=OfYF62FtGhjmLLS1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMILIq6Wmx0?si=TYP-AJMN1g9fskaJ
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:51am On Sep 09, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
I'm a true son of Ikwerre land starting from my great grandfather's and great grandmothers , who told you that it was the turn of south east to rule, since you want to be Mr ITK can you please tell me where it is written in the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria that it must be a rotational presidency? Are you through with your biafla agitation? Why can't you guys stick to one particular thing, as far as I'm concerned it was the turn of the south and the better man Asiwaju jagaban TOOK IT, so please stop crying fowl, put your house in order... Putting pityobi as your Lord and personal saviour was a big mistake for you guys... Please come back 2039 because after Asiwaju TINUBU'S tenure it will go back to the north, maybe by then you guys can think of a nationalist like Charles chukwuma Soludo as the main man... Sense be unto you...

I very much doubt you're from Ikwerre! Your slavish and sickening adoration of that greedy and power-hungry drug-dealing godfather gives a clue as to what your true identity might be! Can you swear on the life of your immediate family (parents, siblings and wife and kids if you have any) that you're Ikwerre? Can you equally swear that you believe with a clear conscience that Tinubu got a higher number of validly cast votes in the last presidential election and that he didn't use the instrumentality of state power to rig the electoral process?

Now let me ask you, are there major ethnicities in Nigeria? Yes or No? If you answer in the affirmative, then what are they? Your answer to this question will show just how deceitful or honest you are, so i await your reply in earnest!

Personally, i prefer Biafra to Nigeria....wicked and bigoted people like you make that a easy choice to make! Now are you saying because there are Igbo who want Biafra, that all Igbo want Biafra? Are you equally saying that because there's a secessionist agitation by IPOB in the south-east that the Igbo ethnicity are now disqualified from producing the president of Nigeria? I just want to understand why you brought Biafra into this discussion!

You say as far as you're concerned it was the turn of the south, and in all good conscience you want to tell us you believe Tinubu is a better choice than Obi and that it's ok for the Yoruba, who have already produced a president (from 1999 to 2007) to have another bite at the cherry when the south-east/Igbo haven't held the position since 1966!? You, a Ikwerre man and i presume a 'one Nigerianist' is making this argument!? Do you realise the Igbo, to their own political and economic detriment, supported a Niger-Deltan for a 2nd tenure in 2015? Do you realise it was Tinubu and his scheming gang that sabotaged the interest of the Niger-Delta at the time? Need i remnd you we're talking of a region that is the goose that lays the golden egg for Nigeria, yet you feel it's ok to treat them like shit! And you wanna tell us you're from Ikwerre!?

If your moral compass is working sufficiently enough to know it's only fair for the north to allow the south produce the president in 2023 after the two terms of Buhari, how come it malfunctioned all of a sudden when it came to determining which part of the south should be considered? You're free to tell us you despise the Igbo, and we can have a look at why this is the case!
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by PortHarcourtcit(m): 4:13am On Sep 09, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

I very much doubt you're from Ikwerre! Your slavish and sickening adoration of that greedy and power-hungry drug-dealing godfather gives a clue as to what your true identity might be! Can you swear on the life of your immediate family (parents, siblings and wife and kids if you have any) that you're Ikwerre? Can you equally swear that you believe with a clear conscience that Tinubu got a higher number of validly cast votes in the last presidential election and that he didn't use the instrumentality of state power to rig the electoral process?

Now let me ask you, are there major ethnicities in Nigeria? Yes or No? If you answer in the affirmative, then what are they? Your answer to this question will show just how deceitful or honest you are, so i await your reply in earnest!

Personally, i prefer Biafra to Nigeria....wicked and bigoted people like you make that a easy choice to make! Now are you saying because there are Igbo who want Biafra, that all Igbo want Biafra? Are you equally saying that because there's a secessionist agitation by IPOB in the south-east that the Igbo ethnicity are now disqualified from producing the president of Nigeria? I just want to understand why you brought Biafra into this discussion!

You say as far as you're concerned it was the turn of the south, and in all good conscience you want to tell us you believe Tinubu is a better choice than Obi and that it's ok for the Yoruba, who have already produced a president (from 1999 to 2007) to have another bite at the cherry when the south-east/Igbo haven't held the position since 1966!? You, a Ikwerre man and i presume a 'one Nigerianist' is making this argument!? Do you realise the Igbo, to their own political and economic detriment, supported a Niger-Deltan for a 2nd tenure in 2015? Do you realise it was Tinubu and his scheming gang that sabotaged the interest of the Niger-Delta at the time? Need i remnd you we're talking of a region that is the goose that lays the golden egg for Nigeria, yet you feel it's ok to treat them like shit! And you wanna tell us you're from Ikwerre!?

If your moral compass is working sufficiently enough to know it's only fair for the north to allow the south produce the president in 2023 after the two terms of Buhari, how come it malfunctioned all of a sudden when it came to determining which part of the south should be considered? You're free to tell us you despise the Igbo, and we can have a look at why this is the case!

yes TINUBU got the highest number of votes cast in the last election... And which instrumentality of state power are you talking about Mr epistle writer, was it the state power that you guys rejoiced when Buhari and Emefiele striped and seized from Mr president? As for my tribe or where I come from doesn't concern you that's why you guys are hated all over the world, I just told you I am an Ikwerre son yet you want me to swear with my full family, may the gods of Ikwerre land visit you and your shukuokike Alabama... Always claiming superior while you are the most inferior... Go and rule your family...

1 Like

Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by ozo13(m): 5:52am On Sep 09, 2023
Spy360:

If a candidate has 25% in Kano and another 25% in Imo, are they the same?

When the constitution says that a candidate must have the spread that's where 25% in FCT comes in. It has nothing to do with the value of the votes. It's simply a matter of spread.
Are u the one interpreting the law for God sake.Majority of the law makers that made such law made it clear that wasn't there intention.The tribunal Judges that interpreted the law said exactly same.we await the supreme court justices to do their own interpretation and give final verdict.
When laws were interpreted to hand over power to Peter Obi in the past when he contested gubernatorial election result, the Justices were correct ; even Atiku vs Obasanjo, Atiku won him in court , the Justices were very correct then but as soon as judgement don't go a Nigeria politician way, they start accusing the same judiciary which they had once benefitted from in the past.almost all Nigeria politicians have this complex.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
yes TINUBU got the highest number of votes cast in the last election... And which instrumentality of state power are you talking about Mr epistle writer, was it the state power that you guys rejoiced when Buhari and Emefiele striped and seized from Mr president? As for my tribe or where I come from doesn't concern you that's why you guys are hated all over the world, I just told you I am an Ikwerre son yet you want me to swear with my full family, may the gods of Ikwerre land visit you and your shukuokike Alabama... Always claiming superior while you are the most inferior... Go and rule your family...

Dude, you're the one showing your crass inferiority complex with that statement in bold! When you make assertions and abuse others, you should be prepared to defend your stand and stupidity! The little post that your lazy ass is calling 'epistle' is just calling you, a purported Ikwerre man, out on the reason for worshipping your Asiwaju while at the same time despising Ndigbo and the LP presidential candidate who you derisively call 'pityobi'! You can't swear by anything you hold dear on the authenticity of your claim to Ikwerre heritage because YOU ARE NOT IKWERRE! You're most like a Yoruba man....one that probably lives and does business in Port Harcourt, hence your erroneous belief that you can speak up for Ndi-Ikwerre! A Ikwerre man with this level of hatred for the Igbo and a presidential candidate of Igbo extraction doesn't make sense....more so in light of the aforementioned reasons i've stated as to why it's dead wrong for another Yoruba (a muslim with a muslim running mate for that matter) to take over from Buhari after they've already had a go from 1999-2007! No 'one Nigerianist' who believes in fairness and the continued existence of Nigeria would support such a travesty of justice! NONE! The only people that suspend their sense of fairness and justice are greedy and bigoted Tinubu minions who are interested in grabbing power at the centre for ethno-religious and pecuniary reasons!

I didn't ask you if you believe in your heart-of-hearts that Tinubu got the highest number of votes cast....I asked you if you can swear with all you hold dear that Tinubu got the highest number of VALIDLY cast votes and he didn't use the instrumentality of state power to rig the electoral process! Can you swear on all you hold dear that Tinubu didn't knowingly set out to engage in this criminality? I believe in Peter Obis' honesty to the extent of boldly stating with my full chest that I CAN SWEAR BY ALL I HOLD DEAR THAT PETER OBI DID NOT KNOWINGLY OR WILLFULLY SET OUT TO RIG THE 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTORAL PROCESS TO HIS ADVANTAGE....NEITHER DID HE USE THE INSTRUMENTALITY OF STATE POWER TO GAIN CRIMINAL AND UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER HIS OPPONENTS! MAY GOD CURSE ME AND MY ENTIRE LINEAGE IF MY ASSERTION IS NOT A REFLECTION OF WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE TRUE! This is the sincerity of heart and purpose Nigeria needs and what i expected you to say instead of going off on a diversionary rant and raining curses on me and my ethnicity! smiley
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by Spy360(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
garfield1:

I told you tinubu will prevail
Yes you did and I never doubted it myself. Just that I said justice will be dead.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by Spy360(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
yarimo:
so if a candidate lost in all 36 state and win Abuja only he should be declared winner? Simple yes or no question
No. He will also need 25% in 24 states.

To be declared winner in the first election you need to have 25% in 24states and 25% in FCT.

Where no one achieves this, there will be a second election between the majority winner and the second person with highest number of states. This second election will be determined by a simple majority. Here no spread is required.

That's the simple honest interpretation of the section of the constitution.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by garfield1: 4:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
Spy360:

Yes you did and I never doubted it myself. Just that I said justice will be dead.

It will not be.take time and read the judgment,it is very exhaustive
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by Spy360(m): 5:56am On Sep 10, 2023
garfield1:

It will not be.take time and read the judgment,it is very exhaustive
Like canceling 10 witnesses because they didn't make their statement on oath before hearing? Despite that they were subpoena witnesses? That is witnesses by order of court?

The judgement was already determined before hearing and there were rumours that it was written by Tinubu Presidential Legal Team.

My brother justice is dead. Let's just pray that life will be good for us no matter the show of shame and illegalities of the government.
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by garfield1: 7:23am On Sep 10, 2023
Spy360:

Like canceling 10 witnesses because they didn't make their statement on oath before hearing? Despite that they were subpoena witnesses? That is witnesses by order of court?

The judgement was already determined before hearing and there were rumours that it was written by Tinubu Presidential Legal Team.

My brother justice is dead. Let's just pray that life will be good for us no matter the show of shame and illegalities of the government.

The electoral act clearly states that witnesses list and their depositions of parties will accompany the petition within 21 days of filing.this include subpoenaed witnesses except the ones belonging to the court.that is the law.i had during the petition stated severally that most lp witnesses and filings will be dismissed for being filed out of time.
Despite their being struck out,the judges still treated the 10 witnesses and their testimonies on their merit and it was of no moment son.obi failed woefully
Re: TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT by seunmsg(m): 7:35am On Sep 10, 2023
Jlow2:
25% in 2/3 states and fct, when universities said 5 credits including English and maths, if you like make 30credits without English and maths or one of the above you failed

Not when there is another condition that says treat English and Maths as if they were any other subjects.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? / Lo Ba Tan… Obasanjo Defects To APC: Photos Of Defection Party (photo News) / Buhari Has Been Christened The Brainless One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.