Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Should Women Braid Their Hair? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Braid Their Hair? (876 Views)

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TheMadame(f): 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
Good day.
I have recently read 1st Timothy chapter 2 verses 9-15. People always talk about the fact that this chapter of the Bible admonishes women to be silent in church and learn from their husbands but are silent on the part about women's dressing in particular braided hairstyles. Verse 9 is the verse on which I seek enlightenment.
I only seek knowledge not quarrel or insults please.

1st Timothy chapter 2 verses 9-15.

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by NaBanga: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
Religion has taken over the typical African brain. Religion has made Africans hate themselves.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
These are just MYSOGNYISTIC passages in the Bible written by patriarchal writers to belittle women. There are numerous passages like this one running throughout the bible from Genesis to Revelation.
The bible constantly seeks to degrade women and let them understand that the are second rate to men.
If you go to a religious house,the number of women will always outweigh the men by at least 5 to 1. This is because most Christian women have failed to read what is inside the bible. They rely on what they are taught. The day women start to read the Bible like the OP they become liberated and quickly realise that the bible is the most mysognyistic book ever written in this world.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TemplarLandry: 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2023
Very funny.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TheMadame(f): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Very funny.

It is not funny actually because it is in the Bible.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by izonborn098(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
Even the perfect bible is bias...
The earlier u accept that the bible was written by ur slave masters to control you the better for...
After slave trade what they come up with was religion...
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TemplarLandry: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2023
You clearly don't understand what you read.
Ask for Holy Spirit's help for interpretation.

TheMadame:

It is not funny actually because it is in the Bible.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TheMadame(f): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Please I beg you to interpret it for me since the Holy spirit has already interpreted it to you. Thanks.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:

The stock in trade go to for Christians. The passage has been quoted blatantly for you and you are calling Holy spirit?
Explain this misogyny so that we can all understand.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by izonborn098(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dantedasz:
These are just MYSOGNYISTIC passages in the Bible written by patriarchal writers to belittle women. There are numerous passages like this one running throughout the bible from Genesis to Revelation.
The bible constantly seeks to degrade women and let them understand that the are second rate to men.
If you go to a religious house,the number of women will always outweigh the men by at least 5 to 1. This is because most Christian women have failed to read what is inside the bible. They rely on what they are taught. The day women start to read the Bible like the OP they become liberated and quickly realise that the bible is the most mysognyistic book ever written in this world.
More wisdom and understanding to u....
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TemplarLandry: 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
Christianity is a personal race.
Talk to God.

TheMadame:

Please I beg you to interpret it for me since the Holy spirit has already interpreted it to you. Thanks.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
izonborn098:
More wisdom and understanding to u....

Please see this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5855287/abuse-women-bible
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TheMadame(f): 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Christianity is a personal race.
Talk to God.

If you don't know the answer to the question asked why not wait for who knows the answer so that me and you can learn instead of just going around in circles and pretending to know the answers. You don't gain any brownie points for pretending to know what you lack knowledge of.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Righthussle: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2023
Christian women should not.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by izonborn098(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2023
Who do we blame for this?....
Dantedasz:

Please see this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5855287/abuse-women-bible
mind u i don't believe or take religion that serious because of my own findings in this the same bible..
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:

This is usually the default mode of Christians to defend the bible.
This is a book that celebrates mass genocide, misogyny, rape,human sacrifice, stealing,slavery,kidnapping and other numerous atrocities, yet you will see Christians being dishonest and fraudulent when you point out these atrocities to them.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by 1Sharon(f): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
That verse has nothing to do with Africans. The events in the bible have nothing to do with Africans.

Braids are very suitable for African hair.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by 1Sharon(f): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dantedasz:

This is usually the default mode of Christians to defend the bible.
This is a book that celebrates mass genocide, misogyny, rape,human sacrifice, stealing,slavery,kidnapping and other numerous atrocities, yet you will see Christians being dishonest and fraudulent when you point out these atrocities to them.

Long time
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
1Sharon:

Long time

You have been dodging this section. You are needed here. Why have you stayed away??

1 Like

Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by 1Sharon(f): 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dantedasz:

You have been dodging this section. You are needed here. Why have you stayed away??

Lol its been a bit dry... what do you need me for?🤣
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol its been a bit dry... what do you need me for?🤣

I agree it's been dry. I stayed away for some time but I had to return when I saw a lot of religionists telling blatant lies here.

The current religionists here are very poor compared to those here in the past but we cannot allow them to keep on getting away with falsehood can we?
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by sonmvayina(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
TheMadame:
Good day.
I have recently read 1st Timothy chapter 2 verses 9-15. People always talk about the fact that this chapter of the Bible admonishes women to be silent in church and learn from their husbands but are silent on the part about women's dressing in particular braided hairstyles. Verse 9 is the verse on which I seek enlightenment.

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

How did Paul's personal correspondence with his friend Timothy become "the word of God"?

Or the ones he wrote to his frat members in Corinth, Theselonica or Phillipi?
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TheMadame(f): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

How did Paul's personal correspondence with his friend Timothy become "the word of God"?

Or the ones he wrote to his frat members ?

Why not tell us how a personalised letter became a part of a religious book read,quoted and followed by millions??
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by izonborn098(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2023
Christians only read the area favored to them and reject the useless areas
TheMadame:

Why not tell us how a personalised letter became a part of a religious book read,quoted and followed by millions??

1 Like

Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

Or the ones he wrote to his frat members in Corinth, Theselonica or Phillipi?

Just imagine this ignorance. There are 21 letters that are BOOKS in the new testament of the bible!
These letters are trusted,quoted and followed by adherents of Christianity every day!
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by sonmvayina(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2023
TheMadame:

The matter tire me......
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by sonmvayina(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dantedasz:

Just imagine this ignorance. There are 21 letters that are BOOKS in the new testament of the bible!
These letters are trusted,quoted and followed by adherents of Christianity every day!

So

is that what makes them the world of God?

Letters that contradict every of God's divine laws and makes mockery of them..
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Dantedasz(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

So

is that what makes them the world of God?

Letters that contradict every of God's divine laws and makes mockery of them..

So why are these letters in a so called canonical book and why are they being quoted by the adherents as gospel truth?
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by sonmvayina(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dantedasz:

So why are these letters in a so called canonical book and why are they being quoted by the adherents as gospel truth?

Can't you create a religion out of anybook..?

The early church edited them to comply to what they wanted to teach people..
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by sonmvayina(m): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dantedasz:

It is rude to read other people's letter without their permission....

1 Like

Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by TheMadame(f): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2023
sonmvayina:

It is rude to read other people's letter without their permission....

You sound like a troll.
Re: Should Women Braid Their Hair? by Caveatemptor(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2023
TheMadame:
Good day.

You must not braid your hair.
You must not wear clothing of two different colours.
You must not eat fish without scales.
You must not eat vegetables that do not grow above the ground.
You must not eat animals that do not chew cud.

YOUR GOD COMMANDED IT IN THE BOOK OF LEVITICUS!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa Is Not The Holy Land (There Is No Black Jesus) / God Is More Evil Than Satan.i Think Satan Is Innocent. / Inspirational Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.