Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,247 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair (26100 Views)

Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo / London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Xpol: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2023
Make God dey help us.

Na so I almost died onboard Emirate that year.

I'll never forget it in my life.

I thought that would be the end but God said not yet.

I no sick before, I never even get fever or any kind of sickness since I don grow up(the only time I remembered I got fever was 1995).

My flight was very early in the morning. I just bought a role that looked like gala but different from our normal gala, say make I take cool stomach before them go serve food.

As I eat finish, about to take off na e this stomach ache come from nowhere. I felt all my system had collapsed and immediately I noticed I was dying.

Hmmm ...

4 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by sleeknaija(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2023
AlaafinOfOyo:
Funny

What's funny about this news? U guys just comment on this platform like senseless people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Adebaba1(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2023
Entanglement:
Maybe she carry drug for stomach, the thing come burst mid air
have sense na
e fit be your sister
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Beniyke1: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2023
Am I the only one here who seem not to actually understand the Justice they are seeking for?🤷🏾‍♂️ Na EGYPTAIR kill am? Instead of carrying out an autopsy to determine the actual cause of death then make arrangements to repatriate the corpse back home for burial they are seeking for Justice where there clearly seem to be no wrong.

The only question to ask here is why was the family not contacted first. Then again, did she fully provide adequate ‘Emergency Contact’ details as required for all ticket reservation and itinerary. To the best of my knowledge most Nigerians don’t! -just like Passenger Manifests on road transport services- Many will outrightly refuse to fill, while others will reluctantly fill in non existent numbers. I have seen it severally in the aviation industry as well. Also most travel agencies and ticketing agents don’t even bother to ask their customers for proper emergency contact details. They just fill in obscure details there.

For the airline to have contacted the consulate which is the next line of action shows that they’ve first tried contacting her emergency contacts. Infact from my experience in the aviation industry, the first thing the airline does in this situation is involving the aviation police and immigration services and handing over all the passenger details available. It is now the duty of the police to contact her family depending on the nature of the emergency, and in the case where the family could not be reached the next step is contacting the embassy which is clearly the case here. There is no way the embassy would’ve been contacted without attempts to contact her family first.

So, based on the communication with the consulate her body was deposited somewhere pending when the consulate is able to contact and locate her family for arrangements on the repatriation of the corpse.

What Justice are they seeking here please?🤷🏾‍♂️
I also don’t even understand the insults, bashing and dragging of EGYPTAIR and even Egypt government here🤦🏾‍♂️

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SmartPolician: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2023
Poor girl! May her soul rest in peace!
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Ademascot: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2023
Pharaoh let my people go
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2023
Entanglement:
Maybe she carry drug for stomach, the thing come burst mid air

The probability of you insinuation is very low base on statistics that shows the tribe from Nigeria that deals on drug trafficking the most. Had it being she is from that region your insinuation would have been very likely true.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by TempleHouse: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
[quote author=Entanglement post=125672414]Maybe she carry drug for stomach, the thing come burst mid air[/quote ko]
Are you okay
Such predicament awaits one of your family members soon and you'll equally enjoy reading what you wrote !?
Must you write ✍️ something to bring the curse to your family
Grow up and be human.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by VEHINTOLAR: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by chaloskyx: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2023
The Nigerian government must not allow a citizen of our country be treated this way by any nation and be allowed to go like that.
1. First of all the Nigerian government does not respect its own peoples rights and liberties
2. No country on earth respects Nigeria so they wont even take their investigation seriously as they know they have no business being accountable to a corrupt government thats not accountable for its own ppl back home.
The only advice is to go to cairo take your child and bury her in peace sorry for your loss

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
Beniyke1:
Am I the only one here who seem not to actually understand the Justice they are seeking please? As in wetin abeg? Na EGYPTAIR kill am? Abeg make arrangements to repatriate the corpse back home for burial.

Most Nigerian people are illiterate when the girl was sick Nigerian Embassy was notified they did nothing how do you blame Egyptian airline. 95% of Nigerians are stupid home and Abroad they will vote for a Nigerian and they need a Nigerian can do nothing they start blaming another country. Why don't all of this illiterate blame their useless embassy. Which could not put her in a hospital. In America and Europe this is the stupidity of Nigerian they want to vote for a Nigerian which can do nothing then they want the white people to employ them. Egypt is Egypt Nigeria is Nigeria Egypt is not Nigeria You have a embassy you have a government solve your problem yourself

5 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Reference(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
The details are a bit confusing. The earlier report sort of indicated she passed on aboard the aircraft in flight. But this report by Egypt Air says otherwise. That she took ill but was apparently disembarked and referred to local authorities.

This is an entirely different issue as the airline will not be responsible for announcing her demise. That is the duty of the local coroner's office after receiving a death certificate from whatever hospital or medical centre admitted her. And as expected they will pass such information to the embassy and not Egypt Air.

If their version is true I really cannot see where they went wrong. The last time they saw her she was sick but alive. She didn't make the connection is open for interpretation. They could assume she was still in the hospital if calls to her phones rang unanswered.

What we are debating is the depth of the duty of care airlines give to their passengers when outside their control.
Anyway RIP to the lady and peace to her family and friends.

3 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Dittodat: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nazgul:
It's a pity that Nigerians are not respected anywhere in the world. No thanks to our leaders who have made the country unliveable for her citizens thus making them engage in nefarious activities within and outside the country.

If that girl was a South African, or Tunisian or Botswana, would they have treated her corpse that way? I strongly believe that they would have painstakingly gone through the rigorous process of informing her family and the Country's embassy in Cario.

But of course, they know that even the Nigerian embassy in Cario cannot demand to know why the girl's parents wasn't informed, the Nigerian government most likely wouldn't contact the authorities of Egypt Air, they would only act if Nigerians call them out non-stop on social media.

By acting, they would just release a poorly constructed statement, and that's it. If this happened during election period, the governor of her state who is seeking a return ticket would snap pictures with the parents just to show eligible voters that he cares.

It still baffles me how youths who's future there people have looted, spend their entire lives defending them day and night.

Rip young lady. Your country failed you.
Stop posting rubbish. They contacted the family the next day.
It's sad what happened to her but all these accusations are totally unnecessary.
The person on the phone when they called the airline probably didn't have all the information at that time and even 8f they have it, they more than likely will not reveal it.
You just don't tell. Family member on the phone that their sister is dead. They have to allow the right party to deliver such sad news.
The appropriate parry contacted them.
It's sad to.lose a loved one but Nigerians are not respected abroad is rubbish talk.
Even if Nigerians are not respected, it's not primarily because of any leadership, it mainly due to actions of average Nigerians abroad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by descarado: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
SmartPolician:
Poor girl! May her soul rest in peace!
Amen
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by NewDea4: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
I've nothing to say here. Bye.

See big mumu dey under me.

Very useless mumu o

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Entanglement: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
[quote author=TempleHouse post=125672559][/quote]no weapon fashion against shall propers!
Back to sender in Jesus name undecided

What in the word of maybe you did not understand

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Bimpe29: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
May God comfort her family and friends.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Goodlady(f): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2023
So sad
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by highchief1: 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

SOURCE this kind death get as e be o

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7833602/london-bound-nigerian-passenger-dies-aboard

this kind death get as e be o
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Entanglement: 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
Adebaba1:

have sense na
e fit be your sister
back to sender you demon of sacrifice. angry
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by planetx: 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
illicit:

43 year old woman ni o

shocked
43 year old travelling on student visa.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
Reference:
The details are a bit confusing. The earlier report sort of indicated she passed on aboard the aircraft in flight. But this report by Egypt Air says otherwise. That she took ill but was apparently disembarked and referred to local authorities.

This is an entirely different issue as the airline will not be responsible for announcing her demise. That is the duty of the local coroner's office after receiving a death certificate from whatever hospital or medical centre admitted her. And as expected they will pass such information to the embassy and not Egypt Air.

If their version is true I really cannot see where they went wrong. The last time they saw her she was sick but alive. She didn't make the connection is open for interpretation. They could assume she was still in the hospital if calls to her phones rang unanswered.

What we are debating is the depth of the duty of care airlines give to their passengers when outside their control.
Anyway RIP to the lady and peace to her family and friends.
Please the first thing happened they contacted the embassy what did the embassy do when they got the information she was sick did they even visit her in the hospital no. The problem is our people are stupid the vote for idiot and start complaining after all over the world. In Europe and America only think Nigerians do vote for one Nigerian idiot after the other in another man's land and next thing you see them suffering like dogs.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by amnesty7: 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nazgul:
It's a pity that Nigerians are not respected anywhere in the world. No thanks to our leaders..
You're right. Those yahoo yahoo dudes and drug traffickers are making Nigeria to be respected by their patriotic actions.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by xtivin(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7833602/london-bound-nigerian-passenger-dies- aboard

Just unfortunate, the villagers she belonged refuse her entry into UK.... am sorry for those involved really not their fault. After lol the stress to move this one no even cross afin-ika(africa)
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Femeto: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
Village people. What was she served on the plane? Was it her first time flying? May God heal her family at this time.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2023
I have just sacrifice the Nigerian people their suffering is going to exceed 2 billion years.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by arantess: 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2023
post=125672465:

Despite her family members being in such grief and agony,
This is all you have to say about their daughter?!

God is watching you.
What goes around, comes around.

No be curse,
Na FACT and Karma.
Save it

If the name was Igbo you won't respond this way. Many of you will agree.

On the other thread before her name was put out, some were already insulting Igbos

5 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by arantess: 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
amnesty7:

You're right. Those yahoo yahoo dudes and drug traffickers are making Nigeria to be respected by their patriotic actions.
Well, their oga is in aso rock so no shaking

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by TrumpDonald2: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2023
post=125672465:

Despite her family members being in such grief and agony,
This is all you have to say about their daughter?!

God is watching you.
What goes around, comes around.

No be curse,
Na FACT and Karma.

Just shut up pls. Had it been she was igbo and someone made that remark, would you have made this comment? God is watching you and your likes.

2 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Snapdrag0n: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Egypt has got a very poor health professionals if this is true.
No wonder US, UK, Saudi is taking our resident doctors and not the other way round. This can't happen in Nigeria. Nigerian doctors will find a way to save your life. Too bad they'll package you until you reach your destination and confirm there.
All those countries are red flag! Even their poor airlines should will make you sick. If not ET airlines, Qatar or British airways I'm not flying.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by DukeNija(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Major263:
Death can occur to us anyday and anytime irrespective of our ages. Relevant authority can still go ahead and do thorough investigation

Very senseless uncouth and irresponsible talk. Sometimes it’s best to keep quiet than to speak and expose your ignorance.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by TheMostComplex1: 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nazgul:
It's a pity that Nigerians are not respected anywhere in the world. No thanks to our leaders who have made the country unliveable for her citizens thus making them engage in nefarious activities within and outside the country.

If that girl was a South African, or Tunisian or Botswana, would they have treated her corpse that way? I strongly believe that they would have painstakingly gone through the rigorous process of informing her family and the Country's embassy in Cario.

But of course, they know that even the Nigerian embassy in Cario cannot demand to know why the girl's parents wasn't informed, the Nigerian government most likely wouldn't contact the authorities of Egypt Air, they would only act if Nigerians call them out non-stop on social media.

By acting, they would just release a poorly constructed statement, and that's it. If this happened during election period, the governor of her state who is seeking a return ticket would snap pictures with the parents just to show eligible voters that he cares.

It still baffles me how youths who's future there people have looted, spend their entire lives defending them day and night.

Rip young lady. Your country failed you.

[color=#990000][/color]

It still baffles me how youths who's future there people have looted, spend their entire lives defending them day and night

I had a discussion with someone on the above .
RIP beautiful lady. This's really sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery / How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.