Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair (26076 Views)

Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo / London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by pharmagba: 3:10am On Sep 09, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Egypt Air is not to blame because at least they put her in a hospital. Some airline will not even allow you to leave the airport especially if you are a Nigerian citizen. I caught a transit flight and I had to wait 12 hours in the airport for my connecting flight. One thing you must know once travelling with a Nigerian passport you are at your own risk. They will not even allow you to leave the departure lounge for 12 hours because of your passport. Let's stop blaming other country and blame ourselves for our stupidity.

You cannot run to another man's land and start opening your mouth when in your own country you are a piece of shit. Immediately that girl was sick Nigerian Embassy should have stepped in and provided medical treatment for her in Egypt not to leave the situation today airline. What good is the embassies abroad which are decoration only for corrupt politicians. The embassy is to play not the airline as vigorously as your citizen for sick the empathy is notified and supposed to Spring into action. But as usual the illiterate Nigerian citizen wanted the airline to do the job of the embassy this.

This is the stupidity with Nigerian people all over the world they vote for idiots and never go to the idiot they want another person to take care of them bunch of illiterate coconut head. All over the world it is the same thing with Nigerian people when it's time to vote they become stupid and vote for themselves after when they want other countries to take care of them they want other countries to give them job the Nigerian idiot which day vote for can do nothing forward them.

Please what is the business with Egypt airline for Egypt country don't you have a fucking government which you vote for why don't you go to them to solve your problem. This is the stupidity of 95% of Nigerians all over the world the word for idiot and start blaming other countries when the idiot can do nothing for them they will never go to the idiot which they vote for. Yourself is Egypt Nigeria and what is a Nigerian in Egypt piece of sheet go to the criminal do vote for and complain

Communication 0%

2 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by juman(m): 3:34am On Sep 09, 2023
The only mistake made by airline was ''inability of the airline to contact the family of passenger ''.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Luckysbab: 3:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Beniyke1:
first of all, let’s leave all these “…if she was an American, if she was British” everything is not about that please.

Emotions and sentiments aside, from the statements of the airline and even the family, I think due process and protocol was followed here, atleast reasonably. You have to understand how such emergency cases works especially when it involves casualties resulting in death it becomes more complicated and everyone is trying to be careful to avoid more complexities. The family for example can’t be bombarding the airline with calls, probably calling the call center and customer service who might not even have known about the incident nor have been briefed about it. Even if they might have known about the incident they clearly might not be authorized to speak on it for obvious reasons, and to avoid further complications especially when the matter is already between the aviation police, the immigration and the embassy. We have lots of such situations even here in Nigeria.

With the process and protocol already in existence, all the family have to do is to liaise with the embassy to investigate the situation leading to death, carry out an autopsy and work towards repatriation of the corpse. That’s all. Having reported to the aviation police at arrival, immigration down to the embassy, the airline has done its part.

Let’s leave all these “…Arabs are wicked; EGYPTAIR should be banned; if she was an American” and all that. Nigerians we too get victim mentality abeg. We too sabi rant and complain without properly understanding and analyzing a situation critically.

We should leave reality for your own stereotype of ‘’… we too like victim mentality’’?

Shut up please!

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Agugbadin: 3:44am On Sep 09, 2023
bonechamberlain:
angry
Nigeria's reputation is so bad that even a dead Nigerian is still being disrespected, Very unfortunate. Would the Egyptian airline treat an American that way.
Something happened to that lady in Nigeria, unfortunately it didn't manifest till she boarded that fligt.

Buhari's fault for the disrespect, he caused JAPA.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by seunayantokun(m): 3:50am On Sep 09, 2023
God didn't make Nigeria, neither did nature do.
Fused together on an agreement that has long been shattered by some yet we have not seriously questioned it.
Why have we been cowardly in emphasising our differences so that we can overcome our difficulties by agreement?
When you put together what God has not put together, what do you get? Can two people walk together when they are not in agreement?
You shy away from a fundamental leprosy to concentrate on treating a superficial ringworm, you are dead while still standing.
This is one of the reasons we are in this mess.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by winner37(m): 4:12am On Sep 09, 2023
This is very sad !!
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Juju70(m): 4:17am On Sep 09, 2023
Na here I tell una make u avoid Egypt and Egypt air. Useless service and racist bunch.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Enculer2: 4:34am On Sep 09, 2023
AlaafinOfOyo:
Arabs have no regards for blacks, especially black Africans. The show of shame we call governance in the country isn't helping matters. In theory, no one dies aboard an airplane. Since it's a connecting flight, it means she fell ill or died before the plane arrived Cairo. Reaching the family shouldn't be a big deal debar she's black African. This is one of the reasons black nations need to build countries other races respect. This is one of the reasons we always warn you guys to vote wisely. I assure you that the airline would have treated that lady with more respect were she a German, British or American.

Do you have regards for fellow Nigerians from different tribes as yourself?

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Rhema04(m): 5:18am On Sep 09, 2023
Entanglement:
Maybe she carry drug for stomach, the thing come burst mid air

Even Nigerians don't have respect for one another.. Imagine you accusing a dead young woman of carrying drugs without you being sure... Your own dey wait for you up front

3 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Newness2019: 5:23am On Sep 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool

MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE IN THE BOSOM OF THE LORD.

MAY THE LORD COMFORT HER FAMILY.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:25am On Sep 09, 2023
Oh dear.
What a tragic end to her plans to relocate.

May God rest her soul and comfort the family she left behind.

To those saying that Nigerians are not respected because of our leaders, SHARAP THERE!!!!

What our citizens do outside nko?

We, both citizens and leaders are to blame for our bad behaviour outside .

The way we de-market ourselves thinking it would make foreigners favour us nko?

Bring negative at every turn in every blogs.... Yet.... it is only the leaders that make people disrespect us.

Egypt Airline did wrong NOT because she is Nigerian but because they are mean people.

How are we trying to change the negatives of Nigeria?

I am sure not many know how to bell the cat.....
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by remiopash: 5:26am On Sep 09, 2023
Nazgul:
It's a pity that Nigerians are not respected anywhere in the world. No thanks to our leaders who have made the country unliveable for her citizens thus making them engage in nefarious activities within and outside the country.

If that girl was a South African, or Tunisian or Botswana, would they have treated her corpse that way? I strongly believe that they would have painstakingly gone through the rigorous process of informing her family and the Country's embassy in Cario.

But of course, they know that even the Nigerian embassy in Cario cannot demand to know why the girl's parents wasn't informed, the Nigerian government most likely wouldn't contact the authorities of Egypt Air, they would only act if Nigerians call them out non-stop on social media.

By acting, they would just release a poorly constructed statement, and that's it. If this happened during election period, the governor of her state who is seeking a return ticket would snap pictures with the parents just to show eligible voters that he cares.

It still baffles me how youths who's future there people have looted, spend their entire lives defending them day and night.

Rip young lady. Your country failed you.
The issue is not about "Nigerians not being respected" .It is about the motherfucking Egypt Airline that has no regard for anyone with black skin.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by lhurd: 5:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Entanglement:
may God forgive you
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Beniyke1: 5:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Luckysbab:

We should leave reality for your own stereotype of ‘’… we too like victim mentality’’?

Shut up please!
ok oh
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by skj1377(m): 6:03am On Sep 09, 2023
She is probably unhealthy. From the story she is not married as no mention of her husband.. she looks like an SS patient from the picture. I guess she had a crisis on board and her drugs not in her hand luggage. She may also me asthmatic and no inhaler nearby. 43yrs old on student visa with students work permit.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Chimex82: 6:04am On Sep 09, 2023
I ask where is Nigeria Airline? This is what we get when don't do the right thing. Let's stop the blame game
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Levels1(m): 6:13am On Sep 09, 2023
Entanglement:
I would have key into your assumption but unfortunately she's not from the region of drugs bandits.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by excel1960(f): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2023
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Levels1(m): 6:18am On Sep 09, 2023
AlaafinOfOyo:
Arabs have no regards for blacks, especially black Africans. The show of shame we call governance in the country isn't helping matters. In theory, no one dies aboard an airplane. Since it's a connecting flight, it means she fell ill or died before the plane arrived Cairo. Reaching the family shouldn't be a big deal debar she's black African. This is one of the reasons black nations need to build countries other races respect. This is one of the reasons we always warn you guys to vote wisely. I assure you that the airline would have treated that lady with more respect were she a German, British or American.

But this time around we voted for the best candidates between them. Let see what comes out of the investigation after
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by ZaddyJ: 6:42am On Sep 09, 2023
bonechamberlain:
angry
Nigeria's reputation is so bad that even a dead Nigerian is still being disrespected, Very unfortunate. Would the Egyptian airline treat an American that way.
Something happened to that lady in Nigeria, unfortunately it didn't manifest till she boarded that fligt.
I disagree totally, the picture of her on nairaland showed her last moment, her last goodbye from mother earth ,her last bye bye to her loved ones . If you ve been to d international airport before you will notice a wall fan beside her from the corner where she's standing.
The picture of that girl showed she was as strong as a horse . No sign of sicknesses or illness
I pray God grant her family the fortitude to bear the irresponsible loss
Zoom that picture to watch the background again
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by ZaddyJ: 6:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Chimex82:
I ask where is Nigeria Airline? This is what we get when don't do the right thing. Let's stop the blame game
Bro it's not about us having our national carrier ,its about our government.
After all usa doesnt have a national carrier but her citizen is respected through the whole world .
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by lekan008(m): 6:53am On Sep 09, 2023
Egypt Airline is a useless Airline with a poor customer service. I had an issue of missing luggage since April 2023 and yet to be resolved till now
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Mhizzard(m): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2023
May her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by AmazingELixir: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2023
lipsrsealed

If she had flown directly to the UK from Nigeria, she probably would have survived. She apparently wanted to save some money little did she know tomorrow is pregnant.

One just have to be very careful the way we interact with people, imagine if she had visited a boyfriend or something back here in Nigeria and this happened, Nigerian police will prove to you that water can be squeezed out of a rock from the would_be unfortunate boyfriend.

Adieu young lady, your watch has ended be rest assured we back home will still soldier on to make sure our country is conducive for all to live in.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2023
Luckysbab:

Shut up please!

Stupid illiterate you need to keep quiet if you have a brain the airline has its own protocols which day follow and it is the fault of the embassy not the airline the embassy was notified and they did nothing coconut head. The Co-op some embassies they cannot contact the relatives they pass the information to the embassy that is the law of some Airport
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:24am On Sep 09, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
Oh dear.
What a tragic end to her plans to relocate.

May God rest her soul and comfort the family she left behind.

To those saying that Nigerians are not respected because of our leaders, SHARAP THERE!!!!

What our citizens do outside nko?

We, both citizens and leaders are to blame for our bad behaviour outside .

The way we de-market ourselves thinking it would make foreigners favour us nko?

Bring negative at every turn in every blogs.... Yet.... it is only the leaders that make people disrespect us.

Egypt Airline did wrong NOT because she is Nigerian but because they are mean people.

How are we trying to change the negatives of Nigeria?

I am sure not many know how to bell the cat.....

Nigeria has nothing to do with the government but the stupidity of the people when you vote for idiot you reap what you sow. Egypt airline and Egyptian government did nothing wrong they have their own protocols. The embassy failed failed the girl. They did nothing for her how do we blame the airline.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2023
remiopash:
The issue is not about "Nigerians not being respected" .It is about the motherfucking Egypt Airline that has no regard for anyone with black skin.

What about your own government and your own Embassy in Egypt why couldn't they take care of the girl you are a fool you know they can do nothing but you vote for them in power and blame another country height of illiteracy. In Egypt there is Nigerian Embassy there is Nigerian commission there is Nigerian youth commission there is Yoruba Association there is a Igbo Association, there is Nigerian youth commission none of them even reached out to the girl now you start criticizing Egyptian airline for a bunch of illiterate which only vote for their own coconut head which does nothing for them.
Yourself all the people which we can pay for what have they done for us and we start blaming other country .
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by AuthorMan: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2023
Entanglement:

She's not Igbo

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by ConfidentialDoc: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2023
planetx:
43 year old travelling on student visa.

I believe she was unmarried up till the time she traveled. Absolutely nothing holding her in Nigeria.

My guess is that she's wasn't planning on returning to naija.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by showbiz4all27(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2023
Former QC manager at Fidson Healthcare Plc
She was sentforth just last week.

Traveling to further studies
PhD

What a rush embarassed
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by tillaman(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
Entanglement:
And you think Egypt air no go don voice out if that was the case?
I was going to say I hope you meet with the same fate so people on this same forum will make same assumption too but I won’t
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by MomohMrMoore: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
So the airline pilots or hostess killed the man in front of hundreds of international passengers. Thieves, they want to capitalise on the death to make money. Aviation is a world's regulated industry. Nothing much FG can do. The family packaged the man on board, perhaps going for treatment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / Tanker Explodes On Lagos-Ore Road, Many Dead / Nigerian Pilgrim Returns $80,000 To Owner In Saudi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.