Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars (23995 Views)

OCI Foundation Rewards Partner, Dr. Epunam With Mercedes SUV / Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Longinyamapucci(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
Broke guy talking about Benz, oga face Japan car and let Rich and big heart Nigerian guys drive Almighty Benz in peace.

I came to love Benz more with the thrash you listed here.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Dinero0(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
scotttorres:

By Service My Car
My money is not complete yet. I will still buy Benz
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Calitoscassius(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2023
Every car has it problem, i ve driven Benz 230, Benz 320 SUV, 4matic and Benz SUV Bluetec 4matic. I ve also driven Honda Element and Murano 2010 model is what i am driving now.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Lightorder: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2023
RoadMozart:
One thing I know is that my C-Klasse is more reliable than most jap brands
Don't mind the OP

1 Like

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by klenton(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
scotttorres:

By Service My Car

I presently own an ml350 4matic and I can tell you it's one of the best cars I have owned or driven

it's so reliable, efficient and surprising with a low fuel consumption atleast for a car of it's magnitude,. and do you that the ML350 is built not to have Engine failure or to "knock" as the car will enter what is know as ghost mode (the car will stop and refuse to start just to save the Engine and other components like transmission) instead of knocking

I was not surprised when the OP said it's in the top 10 reliability rating according to JP , nevertheless just like every car it has its own cons.

but Generally is a very efficient vehicle and by the way I just got a Lexus es350 but I can already tell that the ML is way stronger, reliable and powerful even though they are both v6 engines.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Bluebolt: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
If only these listed here are the problems with Benz cars, then I can comfortably conclude that they are more reliable than most of the Japanese car brands.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by obaidan: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
U dun name every problem in a car finish...weytim remain
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by obaidan: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
flexyrule:
1. AC

2. AC

3. AC

My first Benz... AC almost send me go village.

The seller (a very popular name here on nairaland told me "it's just a leakage"....

His name starts with GA? If na im, and he has positive reviews and testimonies from people that have dealt with him.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
scotttorres:

By Service My Car

For my advice if you want to buy any German vehicle and you want to enjoy the vehicle you must have money for maintenance a lot of money because most German vehicles everything in the engine is now plastic which needs replacing every 5 to 15 years. Also if you want to buy any German vehicle you must have knowledge in the sensor programming and diagnostics.some Mercedes vehicles have more than 120 sensor on them which need maintenance and programming.. if you do not have electronic experience especially in signalling and BC electronics I will not advise you to go for any German vehicle. Only by a German vehicle which is Made in Germany not the ones which are made in America or South Africa. The same thing with a Japanese vehicle if you want to buy any Japanese vehicle the best quality is made in Japan followed by made in Europe and then made in America Japanese vehicles. All doggies vehicles at the same make the same model but they do not use the same component.

Japanese vehicles made in Japan have the best quality components. German vehicles made in Germany have the best quality components. But when to check the ones assembled in America and other countries you will be sure the quality of components they use is not the same. This is why a brand new Mercedes or Toyota and Honda might be cheaper in United States of America and some European countries that the host countries including second hand vehicles because the components they use are much cheaper electronic computer box and sensor.

This is the main reason why you find a lot of Japanese vehicles made in America and German vehicles made in America flood in the Nigerian market because they are much cheaper which apart components

3 Likes

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by frowland(m): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
None of all this is wrong with my 2016 ML350. I only recently changed the break disk & pad - That’s all.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by SaLongs1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Person like me wey no get money to buy bicycle 🚲, comments no get anything to say about Benz. grin
Baba, as we dey yarn so na correct shoe wey man go waka without blisters I dey find sef.

1 Like

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by seniorgozman(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
Our c300 has refused to start for over 1 month. What could be the problem
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by BestTrades: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2023

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car..

For comprehensive vehicle history report ..

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ...
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by segcymoor(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Noted...
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Sapaz02: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Well, as far as am concerned every car has it's peculiar problems. Fact still remains Benz & others.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Fujiyama: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
Jamie1000:
Best way to own a benz is to have a Toyota or a Honda as everyday car. Then, benz for more prestige occasions. 1 year, you will not fix anything.

^^^
cheesy

No.

A man's car is a wife of sorts.

If his Toyota or Honda is with him as an everyday car, sticking with him in times of trouble, in rain or shine, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health...then why should he abandon this dependable, reliable partner for the fickle prestige grin of a good time, fair weather German woman who will fail him when the going gets tough?

If you are good enough to be there for everyday life, you're good enough for the 'prestigious occasions'.

Nippon...ride or die...partners for life!

1 Like

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Fujiyama: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
RoadMozart:
One thing I know is that my C-Klasse is more reliable than most jap brands

^^^
grin

The exception that proves the rule...
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Hezzyluv: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
SaLongs1:
Baba, as we dey yarn so na correct shoe wey man go waka without blisters I dey find sef.

Your own come tigh wrapper.
grin grin grin grin

But e fit sub anytime. Keep hope alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Fujiyama: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
Weathered:
All this copy and paste article from older Merc cars.

No Japanese vehicle offer the driving, luxury, highway cruising and handling experience of a Benz.

End of story

^^^
grin

Why are so many posters opening fire on Japanese vehicles on this thread? Nobody brought Jap vehicles into the conversation. Let Nippon breathe...!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Ten06(m): 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2023
Those you mentioned are actual problem, but the most common problem for Nigeria users is poverty. If you have money you will enjoy using Mercedes cars
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Socratiz: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
This is mere copy and paste.

I can take a bet that op has never driven a Benz in his life, that is if he even has a car.

You can get a more reliable assessment from Benz owners.

I belong to Mercedes Benz car owners WhatsApp group. Get a Benz and join us for a proper assessment.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by RoadMozart(m): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
seniorgozman:
Our c300 has refused to start for over 1 month. What could be the problem
What warning do you have on the dash?
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Thomthom(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
He get one GLK the car type wey one woman dey use for my area .. that GLK sound be like Lister generator... If we hear the noise, we go no say Na she dey come. I wonder sometimes why that fault can't be fix... And my own Voltron, Na Power steering be the problem of the car.. I don change the power steering tire 1 power steering is 35k after @ 2 or 3 months the problem will start again.. I don give up I no dey change am again, But the steering come dey give me muscle.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by professore(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
I like Benz
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by eluquenson(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
I agree with some points, my B200 is having gear selection problem at the moment.
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by cbrass(m): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
GYBABA:
Jesus! Why the problems dey too much like this? Are you trying to discourage us from buying Benz?
YOU better don't listen to them, i drive a Benz and it is the sweetest car i have ever driven, all problems stated above can happen to any car
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by cbrass(m): 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
Thomthom:
He get one GLK the car type wey one woman dey use for my area .. that GLK sound be like Lister generator... If we hear the noise, we go no say Na she dey come. I wonder sometimes why that fault can't be fix... And my own Voltron, Na Power steering be the problem of the car.. I don change the power steering tire 1 power steering is 35k after @ 2 or 3 months the problem will start again.. I don give up I no dey change am again, But the steering come dey give me muscle.

which one is Voltron again o grin grin grin
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by cbrass(m): 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
Socratiz:
This is mere copy and paste.

I can take a bet that op has never driven a Benz in his life, that is if he even has a car.

You can get a more reliable assessment from Benz owners.

I belong to Mercedes Benz car owners WhatsApp group. Get a Benz and join us for a proper assessment.
i go like join your group o
Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by Thomthom(m): 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
cbrass:

which one is Voltron again o grin grin grin
Toyota Spyder

1 Like

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by MeineMutter: 1:10am On Sep 10, 2023
All those problems you mentioned are majorly African problems.
Problems from fake spares to fake or substandard lubricants or oil, inexperienced mechanics, lack of modern diagnostic and repair tools, not servicing or carrying out repairs on time, effects of bad road etc. the problems are endless.

I have never seen any car broke down or being pushed over here in Europe for years. I have never seen, on any dashboard of any vehicle here, where CHECK ENGINE light comes on.

There’s no adulterated fuel here. Who would sell it? Wetin such personal go say im chop belle full to dey sell that kain fuel?
Which government official go even allow such fuel or substandard part to be sold?

If you enter an auto service center here and they open up their system where you are, you fit run maaaad because diagrams and technical jargons you would see on their screen, which have to do with a diagnosis or a repair they want to carry out on your vehicle.

Scanning through lots of part numbers (with diagrams) alone, just to make sure they give you the exact best part can make you go c.razy.

As long as poverty and corruption are still in Nigeria, those things you mentioned would still be there.

It’s in the first-world country that you would see that every vehicle brand is good.

Lots of brands (not only in vehicles) are here that have never being sold in Africa because we can’t use or maintain them due poverty and hardship.

That’s why China has come to our rescue to give us what is fit for us because Africans are poor.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars by frowland(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2023
frowland:
None of all this is wrong with my 2016 350. I only recently changed the break disk & pad - That’s all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Lexus UX Unveiled (photos) / Pictures Of A Lady Riding Okada / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.