Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians (9348 Views)

Moghalu: FG Has No Regard For Judiciary, INEC (photo) / Lawal Yahaya-Gumau: We Will Amend Constitution To Allow Buhari Be Life President / State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by KingLennon(m): 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
No restructuring or reforming of the judiciary and INEC can save this country. The citizens are the problems of this country and till when they are ready to be transformed then God will be ready too. How can you vote a criminal into power for 5k? Then you later start praying to God(Allah). For what now? sad

1 Like

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Dbestbrest: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
This report is lopsided. The interviews did not cut across the entire nation. Though, we all want restructuring of the country, I think a good journalist supposed to carry out a balanced report that cut across the country - interviewing people from different tribes in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Timmi: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
treesun:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/amend-constitution-reform-judiciary-inec-nigerians/

This is part of the roadside journalism that Nigerian newspapers and their writers are known for. These people that was interviewed and quoted are not representative of Nigerians and yet the newspaper said Nigerians are calling for a change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by LordIsaac(m): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
casualobserver:
It is neither INEc nor our laws nor the judic that needs reform, it is Nigerians that need reform.
How then can Nigerians be reformed? How do we convince a sugar cane seller that 4 wives and 30 children is not the way to go when his religion encourages it?
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Creamz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
For me, the President shouldn’t have the sole authority to appoint the INEC Chairman and all the electoral officer and returning officers. It should be done by open votes of the Senators the House of Representatives and all the state Assembly. Votes! Not let the aye have it.

1 Like

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Bennycollins: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
Nothing was wrong with Nigeria judiciary when Peter Obi won at the Supreme court
Think for once, how many years ago was that? Is it still the same judges? APC chieftains like Oshiomhole, Fayemi, Aregbesola etc benefited from the incorruptible judiciary of yore to become governors even in opposition.
That can't happen today except the government wants to sacrifice your seat.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Landowner101(m): 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
Just wondering how next election will be, as it stands now Nigerians have lost trust for INEC. Most people aren't interested in voting again, as what been have isn't Election, but Selection.

1 Like

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Chucks13: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
Which Nigerians,ipob or obidients? Sorry they are not Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by saveman91(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
Justice no wan disappointment by tinubu since him don take the site nothing to remove again
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by mycar: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
I am still looking for any of the Agbodiots that will spew this trash offline in my presence. All the ones I know are going around mute and full of shame.
They can't even express joy because nature is dealing with them already.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by jconsulting(f): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
treesun:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/amend-constitution-reform-judiciary-inec-nigerians/

Rubbish and nonsense write up , when Jonathan was there why not agitated for the constitution reform and INEC . Once the system doesn't favor a set of people they start crying foul.

Rubbish ans Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by mycar: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
Landowner101:
Just wondering how next election will be, as it stands now Nigerians have lost trust for INEC. Most people aren't interested in voting again, as what been have isn't Election, but Selection.
it will be a war that will usher in a new Nigeria. unless things improve, There is an imminent danger
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by casualobserver: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
LordIsaac:

How then can Nigerians be reformed? How do we convince a sugar cane seller that 4 wives and 30 children is not the way to go when his religion encourages it?
No answer to that one. Maybe if they continue to lose by stupid tactics, they will eventually borrow themselves some brain.

2 Likes

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by LordBillionz: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
mrvitalis:
The elections have improved and least now they have to rig like brainless mofos to be able to get in

Make snapping of results and uploading at the polling unit compulsory

If a polling unit results is not uploaded 3 hours after the last bvas capture that polling unit should be cancelled
Can you forgive a cheating wives when she promised of change after caught cheating?
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by JohnnA1: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
We should just go back to regionalism..
GBAM, so we'll stop getting in each others way 🙌🏾
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by bluefilm: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Biafra is my home.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Chucks13: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Go and amend it na cus na you wrote it.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Sharpsharp00123: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
mrvitalis:
The elections have improved and least now they have to rig like brainless mofos to be able to get in

If a polling unit results is not uploaded 3 hours after the last bvas capture that polling unit should be cancelled
if we agree to this now n one day it doesn’t pay u, u will want us to reverse it again

U people are too myopic, u hardly think about future

U make your decisions based on what is happening presntly
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by popesco123: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
i wont be surprised if you suffer brain deformity, but you could not decipher the post before you jumped to comment against.
Kingosytex:

I wish you and your family worse than Nigeria is experiencing. In fact, I wish you all the worse in this life... Amen!
It seems sense is alien to you.
I quoted a guy who is known to spew gibberish all over and you dare mention me to type trash.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by casualobserver: 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
mrvitalis:

It’s as of Nigerians do not know how the elections work. Irev is not for collation of results, Irev is merely a viewing portal for the public…it has no legal status. Whatever is shown on irev is unimportant if it does not match what is on the form signed at each polling unit. Whatever is shown on irev takes its origin from form EC8A which all parties have a copy. You cannot rig the election by changing or delaying uploading to irev in so far as part6 agents have copies of the original EC8A. You don’t collate results based on irev, you collate results based on form EC8A. Every party and the police has a copy of form EC8A. Any party telling you otherwise is lying to you because they do not want to show you the results of the tabulation of the forms EC8A that they all have in their possession.. If they didn’t tender EC8A in court it is because they do not want to and the question is why do they not want to tender their EC8 forms in court? Perhaps because they know they didn’t win and so therefore focuses all their efforts on trying to disqualify the winner by all means including the ridiculous.

Let us use Lagos as a test case. After the elections they say they got 1m votes in Lagos. Lagos is not a backward or remote place where LP or PDP did not have party agents in every polling unit. So it means they have copies of the true results…why did they not tender those in court….perhaps because there was no 1m votes in Lagos?

I can understand areas where you are not popular but If you are popular enough to get substantial votes in an area then you are popular enough to have party agents there. So tender the EC8 forms your party agents signed…is it that hard?

2 Likes

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by jconsulting(f): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
KingLennon:
No restructuring or reforming of the judiciary and INEC can save this country. The citizens are the problems of this country and till when they are ready to be transformed then God will be ready too. How can you vote a criminal into power for 5k? Then you later start praying to God(Allah). For what now? sad

You nailed it citizens are the problem, Nigeria has never had a good president, we have seen in other countries were ex president will be living in 2 bedroom and have only one car.

But in Nigeria once your family get mere commissioner appointment your own don better.

How? ... If not for stealing........ If my oga can steal 1 billion when is my turn i will steal 2 billion that is the norm in Nigeria....

When i saw what Buhari government did i no get hope again. Everybody should brace up.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by KingLennon(m): 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
jconsulting:

You nailed it citizens are the problem, Nigeria has never had a good president, we have seen in other countries were ex president will be living in 2 bedroom and have only one car.

But in Nigeria once your family get mere commissioner appointment your own don better.

How? ... If not for stealing........ If my oga can steal 1 billion when is my turn i will steal 2 billion that is the norm in Nigeria....

When i saw what Buhari government did i no get hope again. Everybody should brace up.
You get sense abeg. One kola for you wink
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by APCNig: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
Check all the names of the commentators. They are all the regular town criers.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by abiolert(m): 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
treesun:

Is this how you people said you will protest? What a pity. Because you lost the election, you want to change everything, who adviced you guys? I hope it's not from madman!
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by maestroferddi: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Where are the nitwits arguing with me on some threads here....

They are avoiding this threads.

Nigeria must be having the highest per capital of people with low IQ...
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Kingosytex(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
popesco123:
i wont be surprised if you suffer brain deformity, but you could not decipher the post before you jumped to comment against.

Let's say I suffer brain deformity like you said, you don't have any brain, look closely on the ground you will see it there.
If you had any iota of sense in the empty drum that hangs over your head, you would have deciphered what I meant and why I did that.
I don't expect you to offer what you don't have. Brainless fool.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
mrvitalis:

that's pure nonsense did u vote electronically... No collation is manual...
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
Nothing was wrong with Nigeria judiciary when Peter Obi won at the Supreme court

Please,ask the OP- who is so naive again and his gaulibles audiences, trying hard to tell us what Nigerians don't know!
When they were killing, Kidnappings, Killing Nigerian Army and the Wife to be , they killed the Magistrate in the East,it's normal for them to do that,even if your opinion differs,as if Democracy is not about Choices?
Ask the Obedients more questions,so that they answered you!
When Obi was impeached in Anambra and he ran to the Judiciary and was brought back,many years ago, Judiciary was ok then?
Ask Agbakoba- since the Supreme Court Judgement on the former Senate President Lawan is not okay - just imagine disputing his own territory as a lawyer and possibly he has an axe to grind !
Why should a lawyer of that class be indirectly challenging the authority of the Court,which he is a Senior Member?
He that comes to the Equity must come with a Clean hands!
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
CilicMarin:
Which yeye Nigerians? Chima and okon that you interviewed in Asaba? grin grin
I just tire ooo grin grin they all have reps in nass they should forward it to them for review... Simple... The elections were ok... Those who have issues with real time transmission should go check if their polling units results is different from what's in irev...
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by SmilingImabong: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
#Next

Man must waak
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
We should just go back to regionalism..
not possible anymore we should work on making our local government efficient and independent while states should be more viable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Appoints Uzoma Nwagba As CEO Of Consumer Credit Corporation / Ondo State Speaker, Deputy Impeached Over Gross Misconduct / FG To Concession 6 Hydro Power Generation Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.