Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians (9383 Views)

Moghalu: FG Has No Regard For Judiciary, INEC (photo) / Lawal Yahaya-Gumau: We Will Amend Constitution To Allow Buhari Be Life President / State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by MRMRMR: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
of wat use the opinion of obidients that came a distant 3rd. was my opinion sampled. Obidients are serial wailers. Period
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Enice(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
OP, you should be specific, you should have used PDP and LP members not Nigerians. We are all Nigerians and some of us support the judgement.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
All I see here na wailing upon wailing. The wailing no get pair.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by spacechuks(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
Timmi:

This is part of the roadside journalism that Nigerian newspapers and their writers are known for. These people that was interviewed and quoted are not representative of Nigerians and yet the newspaper said Nigerians are calling for a change.

Okay , these are mostly Delta,Rivers ,Bayelsa, and Edo people that were interview and majority want restructuring of the country,

Up to you, instead of casting aspersions, speak your opinion in respect to the subject matter vis a viz your tribe and region that you represent,

I rep Delta
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Enice(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
Landowner101:
Just wondering how next election will be, as it stands now Nigerians have lost trust for INEC. Most people aren't interested in voting again, as what been have isn't Election, but Selection.
Lost which trust? Obi was bound to fail from day one! How do you go to an election tribunal to say you won without stating how you won? That is the first issue. State the figures as per the result gotten from your field agents, that's the first thing. Not trying to win through technicalities
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by smokinloud(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
casualobserver:
It is neither INEc nor our laws nor the judic that needs reform, it is Nigerians that need reform. You didn’t win an election but you claim you won, you went to court you did not provide any evidence you won, instead you start to attack the umpire and the court.

How anyone can think because I live in Abuja, my vote is more important than the vote of the man in Ibadan or Auchi is befuddling. How you can say you won, did not show where your votes were stolen and expect to be declared winner is befuddling. You say I stole your property but provide no evidence of me in possession of your property or evidence that your property is even missing and you say I must be declared the person who stole your property. How you can split your base and expect to win is befuddling. How you can base your case on things that the constitution say have a time limit and are outside the time limit and expect to win is befuddling.
God bless you!.

1 Like

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Woodshot: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
smokinloud:

God bless you!.

In the other News: I am presently buying LinkedIn accounts. Whats.App 070=36196184
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
I just tire ooo grin grin they all have reps in nass they should forward it to them for review... Simple... The elections were ok... Those who have issues with real time transmission should go check if their polling units results is different from what's in irev...
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Yankee101: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
It’s not about reform
The electoral act clearly states that electronic transmissions of results by INEC should be done

If you make laws and they are broken and upheld by the courts nko?

Laws are useless if the institutions saddled with implementing them are the ones breaking them
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Chiefpriestt: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
Nothing was wrong with Nigeria judiciary when Peter Obi won at the Supreme court
Stop being foolish this man. Why do you hate hearing the truth ?
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by ogbe88(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Which useless constitution n judicial reform?

Igbos want to impose their osu caste system on us whereby some people will b more important than others

Those hypocrites don’t know what’s up

When obi won in d court then all is fair but when he lost then Nigeria must blow

The same people who used ipob to frustrate uzodinma cos he won in d court now want court winning now

Bunch of hypocrites

Only God knows what they want
Today it’s presidency
Tomorrow it’s Biafra
Next restructuring
Next judicial reform

They want this now cos they believe it doesn’t pay them, if we yield to their request now one day once it doesn’t pay them again they will want us to go back

Same people who stopped regionalism n supported federalism now want restructuring

Same people who opposed referendum been added to d constitution now want to leave by fire by thunder

So myopic people

Don’t quote me cos I won’t reply u
U are a lunatic,
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by ElSudani: 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nigerians have called for a restructuring of the "Judiciary, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, after scrutinizing the judgment of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, PEPT, delivered on Wednesday. Elder statesmen, leaders, retired judges, lawyers, and activists, who spoke to Saturday Vanguard, this weekend, faulted the judgment, saying that the operators, not necessarily our laws, were the problem of democracy in the country. They expressed dissatisfaction that the PEPT did not dispense justice on the glaring issues that arose from the last presidential elections tabled before it for determination."

Can someone please explain this paragraph to me? The elders said the operators, not necessarily our laws were the problem. Then in the next sentence they faulted the ruling of the PEPT!
If our laws were not the problem then on what basis was the PEPT expected to rule?
On the basis of who shouted and threatened their opponents the most?
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by optimusprime2(m): 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nigeria is not yet ready for such reorganisation...

Because even if the constitution is amended today, the Judiciary can still tumble it by reinterpretation tomorrow.

If you want an organised society, then Japa!
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Masterito(m): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
If you are a graduate, you education is waste. Nigeria constitution was for the first clearly ignored and you are here reciting a ready from a politician.
helinues:
Nothing was wrong with Nigeria judiciary when Peter Obi won at the Supreme court
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Racoon(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
The bad situation of the Nigerian state have started to hit everyone. A revolution is brewing up.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Omodua(m): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
Please don't trivialise important issue at altar of political expediency

Nigerian electoral system is flawed and solution is being preferred. But you're joking at it.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by thedio(m): 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2023
Why I'm a just realizing that sentiment is a disease
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Oludon20: 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
All Political parties have situation room during elections, they are also supposed to have Agents in all Polling units(this further proves their popularity). These agents are to sign the election result papers and send a signed copy of same to their Situation room. In times of controversy like this, you go to court and present copies of the results your agents signed and sent to your situation room if the result did not align with what u have,then INEC will have to explain what happened.

Did any of the complainants do this? Or maybe they know they did not win but are depending on TECHNICALITIES to win. Ok, they were expecting INEC that they sued to provide evidence that will be used against them.

Pls these guys should just go and prepare for 2027 if they are really serious and stop all these playing. I am sorry to say.....we are just embarrassing ourselves.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by occfx: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nigeria is gone... The judges just collected there share and ran away.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by AzendaDior: 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nah so !
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by nkemjacob2(m): 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Let the legislature beware that there is work to do.

For me I am done voting with wat I just at the tribunal
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by OdefaGirl(f): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Those bodies are no longer independent anymore.... Everything is just going down by the day. SMH
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by ezegenigbonine: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2023
Jax1:
The point is, after Supreme court judgement, nobody should cry foul when same judgement of today will be used against those who supported it now in future.

Life is a circle. grin grin

Maybe bulaba go borrow another dollar to settle the judges just as what he did giving us hope that cbn gonna bring down the value of dollar to naira
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by helinues: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Omodua:
Please don't trivialise important issue at altar of political expediency

Nigerian electoral system is flawed and solution is being preferred. But you're joking at it.

Are we not saying the same thing. The Nigeria judiciary system has been wrong for long to the extent that Peter Obi was mistakenly awarded the winner at the Supreme court when he was contesting for Anambra election dispute
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by casualobserver: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
smokinloud:

God bless you!.
Abeg don’t mind them, they never learn because they always blame others. APC got 8.7m votes down from 12.7m in 2019….what kind of rigging is that? PDP and it’s splinter groups got 14m votes up from 10m in 2019 what kind of rigging is that?

They dont want to take responsibility for the basic schoolboy error of not recognizing that election is simple arithmetic. Their ego is why Tinubu is president despite getting 8.7m and they are not despite getting 14.7m. If one has decided to step down for the other, one would be president and the other vice.

All this talk about it must be south is not absolute. Shebi Tinubu and Shettima are Muslims, heaven has not fallen, nobody is talking about both being Muslims anymore. Similarly if Obi had swallowed his pride he would be Vice President today. Heaven would not have fallen if north handed power to north. Pride goes before a fall. Tinubu swallowed his pride went to beg Buhari, waited 8 years, today he is president….. against all odds! Obi through his ego has blown his chance of ever becoming Nigerias president and wasted the faith and momentum of his supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
We should just go back to regionalism..

When we had regions, the same complaints we had then, we have now. Same mass rigging then, same mass voter violence, etc.

Also, regions were not necessarily peaceful...there were a lot of underlying tribal tensions and fights...which is why we had the creation of the Midwest region, the agitation for middle belt region, and the eventual creation of states

The thing is, Nigerians will never be satisfied with elections in this country. I mean, I myself am not satisfied. The problem is, quite simply, we only believe elections are free and fair if our side wins. Simple. And no matter of resturcturing, reforms, BVAS, and IREV is going to change that ideology among Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by austinofo(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
mrvitalis:
The elections have improved and least now they have to rig like brainless mofos to be able to get in

Make snapping of results and uploading at the polling unit compulsory

If a polling unit results is not uploaded 3 hours after the last bvas capture that polling unit should be cancelled
Or the portal should closed after 3 hours.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by nwadiuko1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
If I hear anybody say restructure again....I go slap the person.....let the country be as it is, if you are rugged find any way to survive.....if not go and die.

Most Nigerians do deserve Thier leaders.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by hotseat: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
The truth is, both Atiku and Obi must have thought that the Court is Father Christmas.

You were given sufficient time to plead your case unhindered.

It's amazing that while proceedings lasted, not a single evidence or substantial fact was provided by the Petitioners; yet they expect judgement to be in their favour.

He who alleges must show proof!

It's not enough to just go about alleging without substantiating.

The PEPC did a tidy job by findcombing every pleading brought before it.

Since some people contracted Apollo following the "all eyes on the judiciary" rantings, now the judiciary and INEC must be made the sacrificial lamb for their inability to prove their case before the learned silks.

The SC is waiting patiently to put them to the sword.
Re: Amend Constitution, Reform Judiciary, INEC — Nigerians by Ventura1: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Is it a lie? They are also the one calling for a coup.
BombAttack:
Yorubas will say the Nigerians are Igbos grin

Out of 371 tribes in Nigeria grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three-Month Rehabilitation Of Third Mainland Bridge To Begin Nov 1 — Umahi / Is Iguodala An Edo Last Name? / MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.